Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 players - is the Sims the only video game you play on PC?

124...Next

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    These days I only seem to play TS4.

I do own some other games but haven't played them in ages: Skyrim, Oblivion, Banished, GTAV, Planet Coaster, Stardew Valley and Cities Skylines. Oh yeah, I've got Sim City too :)
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    RD 2, Guild Wars 2, and Ooblets are my main games. I build in Sims 4. Have been thinking of installing Sims 3 again. I have other games I play every once in awhile.. XCom, Garden Paws, and etc..(have way too many games).

Being on dialysis gives me too much time on my hands. Sims 4 I just found the live and hidden objects can make some great things and add a screenshot story... So, I find myself building more.
  • Minx11Minx11 Posts: 1,386 Member
    I'm currently going through a phase of only playing either TS4 or Among US... :D I keep meaning to go back and finish off Detroit: Become Human on my PS4 :smiley: I love that game. I do sometimes go back to my old Sims 4 saves on my PS4 (unmodded, barely any expansions, so boring). But I do have a lot of games on my PC. Along with an amazing wallpaper :D
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I have a few games that I go through phases of playing. Sims and WoW seem to always be in the rotation and have been for the last 15-20 years, but there's others that I'll mix in and play in between.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited October 2020
    I’ve been playing video games since I was maybe around 7? First system I ever owned was the gameboy color. But growing up I was spoiled all my life so I had all the systems & games I ever wanted (especially being the only child). The first game i really got into was KOTOR. I replayed that non stop discovering new things every play through (I still play it at times). Until one day I saw The Sims at a swap meet when I was 10. That became my new addiction lol. I made sure to own all versions that was ever made for every system & still have them on my shelf. The first online game I ever got into was Guild Wars 1, around the same time I started the sims. I also played a lot of Perfect World (that’s the game I spent my mommy’s & step daddy’s money at the most lol) But Guild wars 2 & sims 4 are my main games & I play them everyday. I do have a collection of games on steam & origin & some on disc but are played occasionally. I am looking forward to baldurs gate once it’s off beta though :)
    Post edited by Justin on
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I play mostly Sims 4 and occationally play Civilization IV.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Justin wrote: »
    I’ve been playing video games since I was maybe around 7? First system I ever owned was the gameboy color. But growing up I was spoiled all my life so I had all the systems & games I ever wanted (especially being the only child). The first game i really got into was KOTOR. I replayed that non stop discovering new things every play through (I still play it at times). Until one day I saw The Sims at a swap meet when I was 10. That became my new addiction lol. I made sure to own all versions that was ever made for every system & still have them on my shelf. The first online game I ever got into was Guild Wars 1, around the same time I started the sims. I also played a lot of Perfect World (that’s the game I spent my mommy’s & step daddy’s money at the most lol) But Guild wars 2 & sims 4 are my main games & I play them everyday. I do have a collection of games on steam & origin & some on disc but are played occasionally. I am looking forward to baldurs gate once it’s off beta though :)

When I was 7 there were no video games, only Etch A Sketch.
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member

I remember that game and lite bright... >.>

• sovereignsimmersovereignsimmer Posts: 35 Member
    I used to play sims 2 full time when i was in high school :) but during university, i started playing world of warcraft and some other games i am deeply attached to nowadays...
    i mainly play WoW and sims, sometimes i play other stuff like mortal kombat, street fighter etc..
  • afternoonbaboonafternoonbaboon Posts: 252 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    I play a variety of games on my PC. I recently finished the Life is Strange prequel, and oh my God it was fantastic. I mostly play story driven, Telltale-esque games. Although occasionally I'll play Catch the Cheater with some friends, because it's so stupid funny.

@afternoonbaboon I love Life is Strange prequel! It's potentially been my favourite of them to play, just enjoyed being Chloe a lot. I'm currently on chapter four (out of five) in Life is Strange 2 which is also good. I'm waiting for the right mood to hit me to play the final part.

I've been eyeing LiS2 on Steam for awhile, I've been patiently waiting for the right moment to download it. I played Captain Spirit on a whim when it first came out, but I literally cannot remember an ounce of the gameplay.
    WweQvgh.gif

we love you kathleen hanna
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    I play a variety of games on my PC. I recently finished the Life is Strange prequel, and oh my God it was fantastic. I mostly play story driven, Telltale-esque games. Although occasionally I'll play Catch the Cheater with some friends, because it's so stupid funny.

@afternoonbaboon I love Life is Strange prequel! It's potentially been my favourite of them to play, just enjoyed being Chloe a lot. I'm currently on chapter four (out of five) in Life is Strange 2 which is also good. I'm waiting for the right mood to hit me to play the final part.

I've been eyeing LiS2 on Steam for awhile, I've been patiently waiting for the right moment to download it. I played Captain Spirit on a whim when it first came out, but I literally cannot remember an ounce of the gameplay.

Lis 2 is okayish but I stopped buying the episode after episode 4 the story doesn't seems to intrigue me and the main characters are bland, Lis1 on the other hand was a masterpiece. I also waiting for a twin mirror.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited October 2020
    Im a filthy console peasant so sims on PC is the only game I play on that platform. I suppose I could put more games on pc since mine is custom built, but console is where Im at.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited October 2020
    Although I do play roblox, the only other game I play besides sims, I chose this option because I only follow or keep up with sims and play it 80 to 90% of the time

Edited to say I use to play other games. I'm big RPG and fighting game fan. But at a certain point the rpg genere that I fell in love with died. No more engaging storylines it's all about visuals. And other games want too many micro transactions so I gave them up.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited October 2020
    LiELF wrote: »
    I don't have time for a lot of games so I tend to just stick with certain titles unless a new game really catches my eye. So Sims, Lord of the Rings Online, Baldur's Gate series, Myst, Elder Scrolls Online, and some others. I really could use more space on my SSD, lol.

I still do playthroughs of Baldur's Gate and its sequel every year. The original is my favorite game of all time. Always remember to gather your party before venturing forth. It's a must.

Anyway, to the point of the thread, I play lots of games other than The Sims 4. I play both Overwatch and Street Fighter V, ESO, Guild Wars 2, Flight Simulator 2020, the Pillars of Eternity games, Wasteland 3 and the non-Bethesda Fallout titles -- Fallout/Fallout 2/New Vegas. I play lots of others too, but these are the ones on my plate right now.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    I'm a very later bloomer, when it comes to computer games. Although when staying with my daughter when she had her first two kids, I ended up playing Sky Rim a tad, when the second child came. I did play Animal Crossing and Civilizations (I think that's what it's called) when baby number one came along. But I never purchased that for myself. Not that impressed, I guess. Mostly, I stick to Sims. Sims4 lately.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    gamekitten wrote: »

I remember that game and lite bright... >.>

Omg Lite Brite! Yaaassss! When I was in my late twenties(oh goodness, that statement hurt) I asked for a Lite Brite for nostalgia reasons. And it just wasn't the same...sniff, sniff...I showed one to my 12 yo son the other day and he was all like "Geez, mom, you guys really didnt have any fun, huh?" 🤣
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    I usually tune into the sims while on PC. Occasionally, I'll jump onto Civ 5/6 or Stardew Valley. I'm mostly playing on my Switch, though. I have an addiction to Fire Emblem 3 Houses! :)
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    For me The Sims 4 is a PC game. I don't consider it a video game because I haven't played any version on a console. I only play TS4 now but in the past I played phone games like The Sims Freeplay, The Sims Mobile, Stawdew Valley and Fallout Shelter. I stopped playing mobile games a while back. I would play more PC games but I can't find any I like. There is nothing like The Sims 4.
  • FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    I mostly play Sims... it was pretty much my first real (non-educational) PC game 20 years ago and I just never stopped playing. I do seem to prefer casual, simulation and build type games like Two Point Hospital, Stardew, Animal Crossing, city builders, tycoons, etc.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    I have Sims 4 on rotation with WoW, Fall Guys, Minecraft, Stardew Valley, GW2, and Skyrim.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    My time used to be divided evenly between The Sims 4 and RDR2, with some PC Building Simulator every night, but lately I've been playing Among Us and Mafia Definitive Edition as well. There's also games I really like (Cities Skylines, American Truck Simulator, bla bla) that I only play once a month or so now between these timesinks.