Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gifting packs

If you gift a pack to another player through Origin, will the pack download immediately when the receiver opens Origin, or can the recipient wait untill Christmas, their birthday, etc.?

Comments

• CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    Anyone? Strangerville is 50% off now and rarely goes that low. Want to buy it now as a gift. Thanks for any help.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited October 2020
    I want to know as well. You could post at AHQ, and link any answer here for others. Preferably ask for official source, since anyone not having "EA" in their title are just players, and there is nothing in the rules stating actual knowledge as a prerequisite to posting in the forum.
  • PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    It may depend on their update settings, I have origin set to not auto update and a pack would never install unless I choose to. I often gift my daughter packs and asked her, she has game auto updates, she says it does sometimes download new packs with the update.
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    Thank you, @Plainevil . That's helpful.
  • fiercephoenix91fiercephoenix91 Posts: 175 Member
    I think I gifted a pack to a friend about a year ago and they were able to download it immediately once opening it. Think they had auto update, tho so might depend.