Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sylvan Glade Tea Party

Comments

• mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @lone_cat Ah yes! I was gunning for one of the SimFu Master achievements back in S3 and it's so rewarding when your sim makes the final winning move. Sims 4 took away the last bit though, so regardless if you sparred with fitness level 0 or 10, the animation is the same and there is no outcome. Sims just stop and shake hands after, which is underwhelming and seems pretty hollow overall. :joy:

That's true, I'm going to realign my expectations too. But I can't help but believe this pack will bring along an asian-inspired cultural skill like Selvadorada skill. And would we get a respective inspired dance skill? (Okay, here I'm not as optimistic) I'm currently experimenting with a Language mod that makes selvadorada, windenburg, sulani and selvadorada have their own unique language. I can't wait for the modder to update so sims have to learn snowy escape's native language too! :blush: Ok I am getting ahead of myself again lol.

@ThePlumbob Yes! Makes me all nostalgic too! I already have cc hotsprings and shrines so although those are amazing, the part that sold me was the food, deco and sports.
    sounds like you can both rent a vacation home and live in the world permanently

Sounds like the perfect step towards owning a resort. .... :no_mouth: In the drafts maybe?

• ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    @mercuryfoam
    I'm currently experimenting with a Language mod that makes selvadorada, windenburg, sulani and selvadorada have their own unique language. I can't wait for the modder to update so sims have to learn snowy escape's native language too!

Ooh, what is that mod called? Sounds really interesting, I love that concept! Does that mean that the sims can't really talk to people from, say, Windenburg unless they build up their language skill? Kind of like a more in depth version of the selvadoradian culture skill?

OT but your new avatar is awesome, loving the dark Athena vibe. Wonder where she is, that dark sky behind her looks very ominous!
    edited October 2020
    @ThePlumbob
    Lanugage Barriers. I got Mercury (Sulani) to meet Yimi (Windenburgish) and their first interaction is hilarious. Pics in spoiler. The first one Mercury had Yimi teach her, second one Mercury winged it. She got the embarrassed moodlet from miscommunication afterwards lol. Yeah they have to build up their language skills from books or pc. The mod only focuses on language though. Selvadoradian skill has food recipes and in-game perks :)
    Win1.jpg
    Win3.jpg
    Win2.jpg

Edit: My avatar is intended to be a townie for B2W.. :sweat_smile: But yeah.. a bit of a cookie cutter there. :joy:
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    @ThePlumbob
    Lanugage Barriers. I got Mercury (Sulani) to meet Yimi (Windenburgish) and their first interaction is hilarious. Pics in spoiler. The first one Mercury had Yimi teach her, second one Mercury winged it. She got the embarrassed moodlet from miscommunication afterwards lol. Yeah they have to build up their language skills from books or pc. The mod only focuses on language though. Selvadoradian skill has food recipes and in-game perks :)
    Win1.jpg
    Win3.jpg
    Win2.jpg

Edit: My avatar is intended to be a townie for B2W.. :sweat_smile: But yeah.. a bit of a cookie cutter there. :joy:

You know Yimi just taught Mercury a bunch of ridiculous medieval swear words, right? :D
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @_sims_Yimi I did learn mymmerkin from you. Such questionable influence you are, Yimi. :tongue:
    @_sims_Yimi I did learn mymmerkin from you. Such questionable influence you are, Yimi. :tongue:

Well, you did give me the scythes for a reason. :mrgreen:

@ThePlumbob and I had an interesting conversation yesterday about a gigantic crossover sim battle royale. It somehow morphed into me wondering what our cast would think of each other. I've done this in the freezer bunny thread too, but if our main characters knew each other, what would they be? Friends? Mortal enemies? It's kind of fun to think about. :D
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @_sims_Yimi Owh.. That would be interesting! I still stand by what I said then of Athena and Morgana though. :sweat_smile: It is pretty fun to think about. I'm entertained of what Athena would think/do about certain characters already. :smirk:
    @mercuryfoam Ah yes, Armageddon, was it? :D I’m still wondering how you reached that conclusion. They’re both completely sweet and harmless, after all… come to think of it, we have a lot of "harmless" characters in this tea party. :D
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    edited October 2020
    @mercuryfoam @_sims_Yimi
    @ThePlumbob
    Win1.jpg
    Win3.jpg
    Win2.jpg

Oh I love the look of that mod, I need to check it out! Haha Yimi and Mercury's meeting was hilarious :joy: Obviously medieval swerwords are the foundation of the local language haha.
    _sims_Yimi wrote: »
    @ThePlumbob and I had an interesting conversation yesterday about a gigantic crossover sim battle royale. It somehow morphed into me wondering what our cast would think of each other. I've done this in the freezer bunny thread too, but if our main characters knew each other, what would they be? Friends? Mortal enemies? It's kind of fun to think about. :D

There's so many characters, I feel like we'd need a spreadsheet! :joy: Not sure what the best way to do it is. Pick random characters? Have people nominate a couple of characters?
    _sims_Yimi wrote: »
    @mercuryfoam Ah yes, Armageddon, was it? :D I’m still wondering how you reached that conclusion. They’re both completely sweet and harmless, after all… come to think of it, we have a lot of "harmless" characters in this tea party. :D

Haha yeah, I wasn't kidding when I said they'd all end up killing each other, many strong personalities haha. Might be easier to name those we think would get along :D
    edited October 2020
    Right, let me actually attempt to answer this. I'll be answering this more as a first impressions/met a handful of times rather than them knowing everything we do as readers.

Dandelion: Would be far too trusting and open with everyone, of course. The court intrigue and scheming at Camelot would go right over his head. Though realistically he could really only meet Morgana and Nimueh, since you know, most of the others would have him burnt at stake as an elf (ok, hopefully Arthur would look the other way)... but I digress. He'd probably just be lured to Nimueh's realm never to be seen again lol.

The only notable exceptions that he would really dislike would be Seth and Masato, maybe Curtis (based on the little we've seen of him in season 2 so far). I think he would really like Hailey from Supernatural Misadventures and Eva from B2W because they both speak their mind and are kind of dorky haha.

Cordelia: I don't imagine she'd like anyone in AE land apart from Melinda. On the flipside she would probably like most of the Supernatural Misadventures cast (I feel like she'd be really curious about the green lady from season one, haha). I could see her being friendly with season one Athena, they actually have some things in common I feel like, couldn't possibly comment on season 2 Athena yet.

She would hate Camelot's prejudice against magic users so there's probably very few of them she'd actually want to meet (considering she wouldn't know Morgana has magical powers herself). Though if she got past that I'd imagine she'd like both of the royal siblings, and hate Uther (not me projecting here, honest :D )

Morgyn: I'd imagine Morgyn would really like Morgana, not in the 'I want to bed you' way, more so as an actual protégé, considering she's a promising young sorceress with a lot of talent and better yet, has the smarts to keep her emotions contained. With Season 1 Athena it would be the opposite because she's such a loose cannon. Season 2 Athena we know nothing about yet but if she's half as powerful as I imagine, I reckon their meeting would end with something blowing up, lol.

They'd probably initially be intrigued by the Vatores, though I'd imagine after meeting Lilith they'd stay out of her way because they are not so keen on other dominant personalities, so ditto with Seth (if both Morgyn and Seth survived that encounter, that is, haha). I could see them becoming very interested Willa because she is so enigmatic and elusive.

Micah: I think Micah would gravitate towards Lilith *sigh* though he would probably become disillusioned with her later. He would loathe Seth. And obviously he'd hang out with Faith in a grocery store aisle in his underwear, because that's canon now :p

Not a clue how he'd respond to the B2W guys, though I'd kind of like him to meet Kirino. I could see him forming a weird friendship with Ian for some reason. Camelot... oof, it's hard to imagine him in court, I feel like he'd linger in the shadows. He'd probably try to strike a deal with Nimueh to see if she could cure his vampirism somehow (or something equally stupid).
    @ThePlumbob So Nimueh has both Dandelion and Micah, now? Oh, dear. This won’t end well. :joy:

Okay, I’ll try too! (and I’m doing this while ignoring the whole magic-is-outlawed issue in ToC, haha) Forgive me for only doing Arthur and Morrie. It’s late and my brain is about to short-circuit.

Arthur: He probably wouldn’t get along swimmingly with most of the AE cast, but I can see him admiring Lilith for her sense of responsibility. He’d hate Seth with a passion.
    Hmm… I wonder if he would get along with Trevor. I now have what Mercury’s SO said stuck in my head, haha. I can’t comment on the season 2 BtW cast yet, since we don’t really know their personalities at this point in time. :)
    He’d probably like Cordelia, Hailey and Dandelion, though Dandy’s way of thinking would confuse the heck out of him. Morgyn… not so much. He wouldn’t dislike them nearly as much as me though. Arthur would not be able to handle Vern at all. :joy:

Morgana: I can see her liking Lilith, then try to uncover everything about her and probably end up making enemies in the process. April and her would… not get along. At all. :sweat_smile:
    She’d likely end up admiring Masato for his calm and collected mastermind personality, despite the whole criminal thing. @mercuryfoam seems convinced that Armageddon will happen if adult Athena and adult Morgana meet, so I’ll trust you on that one :D
    Morgyn would be interesting. I can see her admiring them for their power and confidence, but also wanting to turn their entire relationship into a chess game to “win”. She would not be able to handle Dandelion. He’s too good and pure and selfless.
    She’d probably like Leo, too, for his outgoing character. Dancing on the table during a party is definitely entertaining! And Morgana also would not be able to handle Vern, haha.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @_sims_Yimi I think Arthur and Trevor will get along very well tbh. Don't listen to my so. He has deep prejudices against all my male characters. He pokes fun of everyone, except his boycrush Masato.

@ThePlumbob So true! Eva and Dandy will be laughing at everything under the sun. :joy:

Eva: Either her or Dandy will probably die from hysteria. She'll like Cordy, not sure if the feeling will be mutual though. She'll like Gawain, definitely Elyan in ToC. Probably be taken for a ride by Morgana. In misadventures, she will like Hailey, Barnes and Ian, but will not understand Ian's profession at all and I'm not sure if they'll like her back. Leo is a pal! I don't know if Eva can connect with anyone in AE. I think she'll be food there.

Isaias: Like Merlin. Appreciates Micah, Lancelot, Morgana and Mel. He will not be okay with Ian or Hailey.

Dew: Likes Uther, LFaba, Faith, Lilith and Verena. Will keep an intrigued/wary eye on Micah, Arthur and Morgana. Despises Cordelia, Dandy, Gawain, Hailey, April, Mel, Caleb and of course, Will. Fears Seth.

Trevor: Trev will enjoy chess with Mel and Morgana, but he will like ALL your female characters. (Wow. I'm trying so hard to debunk this but can't.) So on to males, Trev will like Arthur, Morgyn ... well this list is awkwardly short. Oh, he'll get along with Richard.. :no_mouth:

Curtis and Athena are spoilery and coming up so I'll keep this section short. Curtis will sympathise with Cordy and personally assassinate Richard, Caleb and Seth. Athena will either BFF with Morgana, or cause Armageddon. She will like Caleb, Cordy, Dandy, and Gawain.
    edited October 2020
    This is is so much fun! Loving to hear everyone's takes, definitely makes my mind run wild picturing them all together!

@_sims_Yimi
    So Nimueh has both Dandelion and Micah, now? Oh, dear. This won’t end well. :joy:
    Apparently she gets all the good ones, haha.

Love that Vern is too much to handle for the Camelot folks :D Trevor and Arthur is such an interesting combination haha. And yeah, I can see how Dandelion would just be too much goodness for Morgana.

Looking forward to our Morgyn and Morgana spin-off :p

@mercuryfoam

Haha I can totally see that with Eva and Dandy :D I reckon Cordelia would sort of like Eva back though I'm not sure if she'd necessarily get that close with her (Cordelia and Grace come to mind).

Interesting about Isaias not liking Hailey and Ian, is it because they're supernatural investigators?

Ooh I love the idea of L Faba and Dew. That would be fun! L Faba could use a gal pal haha!

Heh, that does sound very Trevor, lol.

Edit:
    and of course, Will
    I'm trying to think if any of my characters would like Will, but I don't think so :joy:
    edited October 2020
    I've decided to add Verena for fun, though I don't see her "liking" anyone :D

Verena: Anyone who is not a vampire is food and therefore she'd not be interested in them on a personal level. She would however be particularly keen to feed on Morgana, Athena, Curtis and Gawain. (The former two for knowledge, the latter two for fun). I don't imagine she would go straight onto attacking the first two though, she'd probably gather some intel first as to not underestimate their magic powers (especially if we're talking Season 2 Athena).

She might possibly try to turn Ian.

As for the vampires, since they are not in her coven, she would not trust any of them and view them all as a possible threat/competition, especially Lilith as the "leader." She would probably be on fake polite terms with Lilith and plot to attempt to murder her behind the scenes. She would consider Caleb Lilith's property.

She'd not be interested in any of the "new" AE vampires - the only reason why she would ever get invested in young vampires like that was if they were her "children."

She'd have a love-hate relationship with Seth.
    edited October 2020
    @mercuryfoam Whoa, that’s a long list of dislikes for our sweet Dew, haha xD
    ThePlumbob wrote:
    Looking forward to our Morgyn and Morgana spin-off :p
    M&M spin-off! M&M spin-off! :mrgreen: Wait, I can’t stand Morgyn. Why am I getting so excited over this?

Oooh adding Verena’s perspective is super interesting! I’ll do the same for Nimueh because there’s almost no work today and I’m bored:

Nimueh: She would be particularly interested in Dandelion, Micah, Cordelia, Ian and Hailey and try to get them into her domain. She would mess with Vern, Willa, L Faba, Eva and Dew any chance she gets. Athena, Morgyn and Grey Rock (Isaias) she’d try to “befriend” with a hidden agenda, as they are all powerful spellcasters. She would hate any vampires with a passion. Regardless of their personality, she’d probably try her hardest to drown or burn them.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @_sims_Yimi
    M&M spin-off! M&M spin-off! :mrgreen: Wait, I can’t stand Morgyn. Why am I getting so excited over this?

I'm about to go into a meeting and must admit picturing those two dancing in extravagant ballgowns is way more entertaining.

Does that mean Nimueh would make an exception for Micah even though he's a vampire? Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing mind :D

Oh, I kind of forgot about @mercuryfoam 's Grey Rock when I was writing my character impressions. I think both Micah and Cordelia would like him. Morgyn would have way too much fun making off-handed remarks about how dull he is.
    edited October 2020
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    @_sims_Yimi

I'm about to go into a meeting and must admit picturing those two dancing in extravagant ballgowns is way more entertaining.

Does that mean Nimueh would make an exception for Micah even though he's a vampire? Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing mind :disappointed:

Aw man, now I really want to buy Realm of Magic just so I can make screenshots of that. If only it wouldn't mess with my magic mods. xD

Woops, I forgot to take Micah out. Melinda was in there too at first, and then I remembered the whole vampire thing, but forgot Micah. If there is a cure, both of them would be in the "collect them" category. :D

J6AKQqX.jpg
    edited October 2020
    @_sims_Yimi
    Woops, I forgot to take Micah out. Melinda was in there too at first, and then I remembered the whole vampire thing, but forgot Micah. If there is a cure, both of them would be in the "collect them" category. :D

I'm sure Morgyn will get back to Micah on the cure thing any day now... :p
    I mean, he is currently fully vegetarian if that "helps" in Nimueh's eyes. Although again, I'm not entirely sure if being a part of her collection is necessarily the better option here haha.

Edit: Though if Micah was no longer a vampire, he would have no interest in getting involved with Nimueh, he'd only be interested in pursuing any kind of involvement with her to cure himself.
    Though maybe if said "cure" was just her drowning him, he might be interested in that too :(
  • lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    @mercuryfoam That's hilarious that sim-Yimi is trying to teach insults to your simself. :D That mod looks really cool, I will have to check it out.

@_sims_Yimi I don't think anyone can handle Vern, lol.

Vern is pretty easy because I think she would dislike/hate or distrust everyone. She enjoys being disagreeable and being by herself. Although, I could see her getting along with Dew or trying to work for Masato.

@mercuryfoam That's interesting that Isaias would dislike Hailey and Ian. Both of them would like him, and probably would be interested in his magic powers, but maybe that's why he wouldn't like them, they would be poking around too much.

@ThePlumbob Oh yes, I think Hailey would get along really well with Dandy. They would crack a bunch of jokes and eat pancakes.

Okay, here goes.

Hailey: She would be annoyed by Caleb and April, she would hate Seth and be wary of Lilith. She would be friends with Mel and maybe Faith. Not sure about Micah, she might write him off as a broody vampire at first, but I could see her getting along with him once she learned more about him. I could also see her poking around Forgotten Hollow and getting herself into trouble. She would like most everyone else on the first meeting or at least joke around with them. She would dislike all the court politics and scheming in Camelot. I can see her trying to crack jokes with Uther, sort of like she did with Ivan and Soto. She likes to joke with gruff older guys, but that probably wouldn't work out so well. :D

Barnes: Well, he is in law enforcement and so is his family, so he wouldn't like anyone associated with criminal acts. So that eliminates Seth, Lilith, Caleb, Masato, Curtis and Dew. He would like Eva, Lancelot, Arthur, Morgana, Cordelia and Mel. I think he would be confused by Dandy and a little wary of the other vampires. He'd also be wary of the way Morgyn flaunts magic.

Leo: He's easy; he would either flirt with everyone or act like their best friend. He's a charmer. He would really like Faith, Morgana, Sarah and Eva. I also could see him becoming buds with all the knights in Camelot. Verena would creep him out.

Ian: He's pretty impartial to people but keeps himself at a distance, so I don't see him forming too many friendships. He would be intrigued by all the vampires at first, but then probably distance himself once he learned they were dangerous, especially Seth. That's interesting that Verena would try to turn him. He probably wouldn't mind all that much. He knows a lot about vampirism, but then he might be squeamish about the blood-drinking thing. I can also see him (eventually) forming a friendship with Micah, Mel, and possibly Merlin. He wouldn't know how to handle Eva, Faith or April. He would like Dandy, Cordelia, Athena, Arthur, Lancelot, and Gawain. I think he would be a mixture of intrigued/intimidated by Morgana. I don't know how a meeting with him and Curtis would go; they are both pretty secretive, and I don't think they would have much to talk about. He would also be interested in the magic realm and the sages (though I see him gravitating more toward Simeon) as well as Sylvan Glade and Nimueh and her realm.

Soto is an overworked, stressed-out dude, so he doesn't have time for anyone, except Micah. They'd have painting parties together. :D

Green lady (Eva): she would either move into Sylvan Glade with Dandy or into Nimueh's realm.
    edited October 2020
    @lone_cat Lol now I'm picturing Hailey at Camelot, really not fitting in at all, not following ettiquette and making awkward jokes with Uther. It would be too precious :joy:

Yes I could see Verena wanting to turn Ian (spoiler if anyone's not fully caught up with Supernatural Misadventures)
    initially to annoy/taunt Willa, but she would probably grow interested in him in his own merit afterwards.

Lol Soto and Micah would be quite the duo :joy: Micah would probably not say too much but would be open to painting with him in silence haha.

• SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 569 Member
    edited October 2020
    I've been dying to reply to this all day and been cracking up over who you think would like who. Here's my view on the AE gang.

April has her best friends and her true love so she wouldn't be interested in anyone else. She'd hate all the female characters in all your stories, especially any that were prettier than her. And also Morgyn as she doesn't need another too-powerful, attention-seeking, self-centred blond in her unlife.

Caleb would be grateful to just have friendships, until he inevitably effed them up. He has his eye on a few of the ladies of your casts but he can't tell you who because April might hit him. He probably wouldn't dislike anyone. Beggars can't be choosers.

Faith would probably like L Faba, Vern and Dew and take a certain superficial interest in pretty much any of your male characters, except Dandy and possibly Gawain. She'd have a blast with those knights in Camelot. She'd hate Verena.

Lilith would like Micah a lot; they could eat plasma fruit together and try not to think about the people they've killed. She would also be drawn to Gwen. She'd despise Verena, Morgyn, Morgana and pretty much the whole B2W cast. I can see her being oddly drawn to Ian.

Melinda is everyone's friend, but especially those who need her help. I can see her falling over herself to save Micah, befriending Cordelia and enjoying Hailey's company and not being so very keen on Richard, Masato, Curtis. Although she wouldn't hate them because hate is such a strong word.

Seth is all about Seth. Unless anyone can tempt him, he'll be lying in the forest somewhere, admiring the trophies he indiscriminately took from your human cast members. But he does enjoy everyone talking about him. Especially when you're saying such cruel things.
    Banner-2-with-filters.jpg
    Almost Eternal
  • lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    @ThePlumbob Hailey would be so lost in Camelot. All the dressing up, etiquette, dancing, she'd be so out of her element. :D

Spoiler if not caught up.
    Oh yes, Willa would not like that. She might try to take Ian under her wing and teach him the ways, but she'd have to get him away from Verena first. I'm not sure she would fight Verena. Willa is smart enough to pick her battles, and I think she would see Verena and her coven, as a big threat. Willa would avoid the other vampires, except maybe Lilith. I could see Willa respecting Lilith for her resourcefulness. She would be interested in all the spellcasters, especially Morgana, and she would try to study them at a distance. The humans would probably bore her or she would try to feed on them as long as too much attention wasn't drawn to her in the process (she would avoid people of power). She would be interested in Cordelia for the sprites, and then she'd probably feed on her. She'd also try to feed on Dandy (I doubt she'd be able to get into the glade).

Soto would enjoy the silence and a break from his crazy life. :D

@SnuffyBucket Haha! I can see April throwing a tantrum about all the other female characters, especially if Caleb was in the same room. Yep, that sounds like Seth. :D

I can actually see Ian being drawn to both the Vatores. He would sympathize with Caleb, and those two might become friends until Caleb reveals his dark past.
    Happy new year, guys! Dusting some cobwebs here now that I'm coming out of my Christmas hibernation :D

Question: How are you finding the Sentiments in terms of your stories? I'm mainly asking because they drive me nuts, and I think they were the reason why I've been struggling to find motivation to write throughout December.

Don't get me wrong, I love the feature for regular gameplay, but it's been making staging any kind of scenes such a pain, since those moodlets are so persistent. I need my sims to be miserable, not grinning because someone they like just walked into the room :D (Ok, I kid. Kind of.)
    Hi, Plumbob <3 happy newyear, and welcome back from your winter slumber!

I don’t mind them all that much, but they do get in the way every once in a while. I usually get rid of the accompanying moodlet with MCC cheats or force them into a different mood altogether. For regular gameplay it’s hilarious though – everybody immediately gets cranky whenever Aggro walks into a room here. How do you handle them?
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @_sims_Yimi I mean, is there another way to respond to Aggro? :D

I use UI Cheats Extension to get rid of the moodlets, but they always appear back almost immediately. Will try if it's any better with MCC Cheats. I looked for a mod to disable them entirely but alas haven't found anything yet.

I think if I was starting a brand new story where everybody didn't have established relationships already anyway, the sentiments could be useful to guide how the characters feel about each other. Even then though, I wish they were a bit more nuanced and not so overpowering. For example, Hawthorne and Micah have really positive sentiments towards each other, which meant they wouldn't stop grinning throughout that awkward Winterfest dinner. Like, guys, read the room :D