Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

Comments

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited October 2020
    Today I put down Crick Cabana in Windenburg, knocked out the bedroom walls, removed the windows and turned it into a roadside diner. But the twist is that it's only lit with disco lights...

kJY7bhE.png

I would totally eat there!

@BMSO Your child hair is amazing!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited October 2020
    In my game I am letting Grandma Amira spend as much time with her family members as possible. She is 116 and her green aging line is nearing the end. (just for interest. My avatar is Amira holding her daughter Bella)

dQ9zpY8.png
    PgcLEys.png
    RluLVzR.png

Dad helping Bella out with feeding Denise, she is busy studying for her Art finals

u9TBTIa.png
    P2trtRq.png

• Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    Today I played the Wonka/Bucket family. Willy and Marvin Wonka are Martin Freeman's brothers. Willy is married to Lily Bucket. Willy, Lily, her parents (Joe and Josephine Bucket), Marvin, and Lily's and Willy's three children (Charlie, Loomis, and Molly) all live together in an old house in an industrial part of Evergreen Harbor. Only Willy has a job. He hates what he does, but he dreams of founding his own toy company someday.

Today, they had enough money for breakfast, but the stove caught on fire, so the children went to school without food. (They had only had 11 Simoleans when they went to bed, but apparently the gnomes (Willy called them the Oompa-Loompas after an old Selvadoradan folk tale) had left them some money!)

50515557451_2ff2d76d55_b.jpg

Everyone started the day a bit depressed.

50515724002_4fe65ee557_b.jpg

But they had each other, and the stove was still working! Soon they were all feeling much better.

50514843238_4a3ebec5da_b.jpg
    50515557806_2ae5ff984c_b.jpg

I like the first picture--the lady in red looks like she's been sleeping under a bridge
  • Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    The teens in my family grew up in YAs and are "touring" the university that they "chose" :D

vQCW2nI.png
    WO0JhZX.png
    Amira got to see little Denise become a toddler

0qRsK42.png
    dvJ7e5d.png

She spend lots of time with her family
    sii02vg.png

But then
    S6X23f6.png
    P2tI33B.png
    kBTfUG4.png

Now this breaks my heart. Its going to be a long two days of mourning :(
    UpHOtY8.png
    I did not know toddlers do this :(
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    @McCrudd, I didn't know toddlers did that either. Makes me all weepy now. A majority of my grandchildren are toddlers.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    @McCrudd, I didn't know toddlers did that either. Makes me all weepy now. A majority of my grandchildren are toddlers.

I could not believe it. I saw her waddle off after I had her stacking her blocks, she even did those with a little quivering lip. Then I saw her crying her little heart out, I was actually touched by it, her mom and dad then got the cue to go and watch her, they stood a little behind her and just watched her. I just hope it starts settling soon, its heartbreaking :(
    Today I decided that Newcrest needed a community pool, so I gave them one. The only lights in the building are coming from inside of the pool, highlighting that brown, foul-smelling water. I may have added a couple of jets. Ok, so I added 21 of them--that's not overkill, right? So what if it looks less like a pool and more of a bubbling, dank-smelling cauldron of sorrow?

9TKJF72.png
    @Nate_Whiplash1 Love this description: "a bubbling, dank-smelling cauldron of sorrow." LOL That's great!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    Last night I randomly got the urge to start a new legacy. Let's see how long this one lasts

Meet Autumn Wilkins, my founder. She's a geek, perfectionist, and a goofball, with the Nerd Brain aspiration. She lives in Brindleton Bay, on the lot where the Delgatos normally live. (I'm ignoring the rule about living on a 50x50 or larger)
    3S8JRKH.png

Autumn went to the library to work on her logic skill and ended up playing chess with this random man
    N7DMBxQ.png

Autumn is in the science career, and is doing pretty well (side note: I wish sims who wore glasses would keep them on for their work outfits)
    5jnOsPt.png

Autumn finally made enough money to adopt a dog! She's a goldendoodle named Honey
    EQowi1a.png

Autumn met Knox at the gym, and they seemed to get along well. She had him over, and because of the micro home perks, they had their first kiss and became boyfriend and girlfriend very quickly
    WyY7P83.png

Later, Autumn was finally able to afford kitchen counters, so she made a salad and ate it on her new couch while Honey slept next to her
    7nnCnDb.png
  • AunzaAunza Posts: 1,297 Member

@Catzilla,

Thank-YOU for starting this thread!

To: You and all the contributors,

Oh, my word! (Pun intended)

Thank-you all.

Took me five down days to read and absorb this thread.

I am grateful for your post, diversity in game play and kindness to one another.

Inspiring, each and every one of you!

~happy simming~
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    The Cole-Cordova-Worthington family(Cole: founded the legacy, Cordova: Oldest Cole granddaughter's married name, Worthington: Youngest Cole granddaughter's married name) lost their grandmother, Alison Foster-Cole. She passed away from old age and leaves behind her husband Ben, children: Hadley, Emily and Oliver, and six grandchildren: Spencer Cordova, Emerson Cordova, Ryder Cole, Michael Worthington, Preston Cole, and Caitlin Worthington. She passed away the day after her oldest grandson became a young adult.

ETA: Here are the pics

Hadley on the phone with her dad
    50518777747_06ed8bdbdb_h.jpg

Saying goodbye to Alison. The empty space between her and her mother-in-law Katherine is for Ben.
    50518605661_41eb0bfe3d_h.jpg

Spencer's CAS pic. I can't remember who in the family has that dimple preset, but he's adorable!
    50517886768_0f66159001_h.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    edited January 2021
    Post edited by Rouensims on
  • Minx11Minx11 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Well; Hazel went slightly insane
    3F1XJrB.png

She then shared a moment with her brother, Niall
    melwwZj.png
    Ap9oaUt.png

Then this
    K7WyCk6.png

Niall left, then Hazel had a chat with her daughter, Annika, before she left too
    LhmeVvA.png

Later, Niall invited over a girl, who he then demonstrated his magic abilities to. I think she's a keeper.
    Syq1mTO.png

He certainly does
    HpWNHhh.png

Niall also found a new Familiar buddy
    4p6NYeL.png

Oh, and I lost a door.
    2Y5mw7i.png

More later!
    edited October 2020
    @mia_noelle97 I hear you about the glasses thing. My Global Superstar wears wire-rims (because that's what I prefer) and yet, now that he's also in the Entertainment Career (as if he wasn't already) I can only surmise, he's giving contact lenses a try. But, yeah, it breaks the immersion. Looks like you're off to a great start! Best of luck with it.

@Rouensims "Stand away from the stove, Lily!"
    The Cantrell babies were growing up.
    First, Matthew, Aaron and Regina's firstborn.
    Rk62OO7.jpg
    Regina loved being a Mom.
    Lsk5IKO.jpg

Not too many months later, Jamison was out of his bassinet, too.
    He was proving to be a very independent little guy.
    0KHNJYP.jpg
    Erik was quick to begin his life-lessons. Teaching him how to say please.
    tcx4N1m.jpg
    Jamison enjoyed time with his Daddy.
    HFpbBy2.jpg
    Kayleigh was sad that her 'baby' wasn't so much of a baby anymore. So Erik heeded her request for another child.
    2agsX59.jpg
    VMUnq35.jpg
    Yr3CJud.jpg

As pleased as the new parents were with the accomplishments of their firstborn, Jamison's compulsion to be entirely Independent was becoming an issue.
    Sometimes, he would disappear, enjoying wandering about as he did. Unfortunately, Grayson Castle was on the large side, too. This time Kayleigh caught him in his naughty first attempts to express his creative side. Had she not been in labor, she may have been better able to address this mischief. As it was she had to go give birth!
    e7lDPjS.jpg
    Erik was still at the Studios and wouldn't be home until just after nine o'clock. Kayleigh found herself alone, giving birth. Thankfully, Dr. Joe, arrived home from the hospital to lend a hand. What Kayleigh didn't anticipate was twin girls! Melodie and Harmony.
    pg7dRaJ.jpg
    Not at all understanding what was going on, Jamison decided to check things out "What's that?"
    MRJezw9.jpg
    Not long after Erik finally made it home. Wasn't he surprised, but he just jumped in and helped out.
    oiU77PB.jpg
    Why he decided to do the pre-birth panic dance long after the fact, no one could figure out. Perhaps, he was stressed?
    MuSXo1o.jpg
    And off he went.
    oguUApg.jpg

All for now. Thanks for reading. :)

• catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Last night I randomly got the urge to start a new legacy. Let's see how long this one lasts

Meet Autumn Wilkins, my founder. She's a geek, perfectionist, and a goofball, with the Nerd Brain aspiration. She lives in Brindleton Bay, on the lot where the Delgatos normally live. (I'm ignoring the rule about living on a 50x50 or larger)
    3S8JRKH.png

Autumn went to the library to work on her logic skill and ended up playing chess with this random man
    N7DMBxQ.png

Autumn is in the science career, and is doing pretty well (side note: I wish sims who wore glasses would keep them on for their work outfits)
    5jnOsPt.png

Autumn finally made enough money to adopt a dog! She's a goldendoodle named Honey
    EQowi1a.png

Autumn met Knox at the gym, and they seemed to get along well. She had him over, and because of the micro home perks, they had their first kiss and became boyfriend and girlfriend very quickly
    WyY7P83.png

Later, Autumn was finally able to afford kitchen counters, so she made a salad and ate it on her new couch while Honey slept next to her
    7nnCnDb.png

First, love the last pic of her with the dog on the couch.

Now, how do you decide what, where, when. I usually make a Sim with no idea what I'm going to do with them and quickly get bored. I have my Sim self and my oldest cat made and living in Sulani that I want to take to a more meaningful level.

Any advise from anyone on how to make a story out of her (my own life would be boring). I guess I can have her continue to live in Sulani, because I would want to live there, but I need more depth.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    @Aunza Welcome! Thank you for your kind words.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    @catmando830 I don't really do storytelling so I can't offer much advice there but I usually have a goal or theme in mind or something I want to explore when I play. Frex: I want to try out a new career I haven't played yet or level a skill I haven't tried yet and then I run with that. I've tried out challenges or even something like build up Newcrest w/a theme (like Asian, modern, baroque or a colorful world build) or playing an occult game. I have/had an aliens game, a vampire legacy game, A misfits game (all the weird or negative traits were given to the played sims), a careers game, a summer game set in Sulani (because the weather was persistently bleh in real life ;) ) that kind of thing.

First, love the last pic of her with the dog on the couch.

Now, how do you decide what, where, when. I usually make a Sim with no idea what I'm going to do with them and quickly get bored. I have my Sim self and my oldest cat made and living in Sulani that I want to take to a more meaningful level.

Any advise from anyone on how to make a story out of her (my own life would be boring). I guess I can have her continue to live in Sulani, because I would want to live there, but I need more depth.

A lot of the time I'll make a sim with the intention of exploring something I haven't before, or haven't done in a long time. Like with Autumn, I hadn't done the science career in awhile so I made her with the intention of doing that. I also hadn't had a sim live in Brindleton Bay in awhile, so that's how I decided on that. That's how I usually keep from getting bored, just having sims explore some aspect of the game I either haven't tried or haven't done in awhile.
    Autumn and Knox went on a date to the museum in Brindleton Bay
    0jOYU83.png

And it led to this
    Nt5PoqZ.png

Autumn managed to set herself on fire at work. I didn't even know the invention constructor could catch fire
    c84XOdh.png

After Autumn and Knox had been dating awhile, it was time for Knox to move in
    Svo1n3r.png

They had a wonderful Harvestfest dinner together
    gc6wIAP.png

Afterward, Knox proposed and Autumn said yes!
    PkxjO99.png
    2GojvfO.png
    9KRHIch.png

One of Autumn's coworkers was Jacques Villareal, and he died of old age at work
    DMUVWrN.png
    1K0JnCI.png

Once the weekend came around, Autumn and Knox eloped at the Bluffs in Windenburg
    MztXy3s.png
    RQbIohJ.png

Also, I didn't get a screenshot of it, but they tried for a baby after the wedding and Autumn is pregnant
    In the left of the shot you'll see the lady with blue jacket and green hat looking at the red toilet and raising her hands to her mouth in shock. I don't know what it is about that particular toilet, but pretty much every Sim has the same reaction....

yizqKRJ.png
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited October 2020
    The house I built in Forgotten Hallow.

Front
    b9c1fca61a3d158dc8168cd7df31b8c8a6bdf053.png

Back
    751c10ed7d5b299d0efd416bb8bc16929754dcf6.png

It's only a shell ATM. I'm still designing the interior. Also Halloween maybe coming up but I love building old dark houses all year long. I plan on adding a small basement too. And yes That's Turles down there on the front image.
    I want to rebuild Vladius Straud's home to make it look more like Vlad Tempest castle but I'll have to rebuild it in Windenburge on the island.

Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

edited January 2021
    Post edited by Rouensims on
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    edited October 2020
    Veera is in University. She's a painter. She was angry for some reason and painted an angry painting.
    8FLcElk.png
    68Wr1Lp.png

When the painting was ready she looked much happier.
    116hBqz.png

She went to the seafood restaurant with her boyfriend.
    eVLKByD.png
    HOoCOu1.png
    Her boyfriend is a lawyer and he's quite much older than Veera.

Veera was studying most of the time. She didn't have much time for anything fun. University can be boring sometimes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top