Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

On bringing back previous songs...

NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
edited October 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
The Sims as a franchise has had some of the most memorable music composed by several brilliant composers in its (ever expanding) life. Many of us can easily remember the new age songs by composer Jerry Martin, or the more child-like approach Mark Mothersbaugh brought to the IP with The Sims 2.

However, many of us remember some of the lesser known games and their songs. I mean the spin-offs of course! Composers like Ian Stocker, providing music for handheld spin-offs and John Cobbett, who provided music for Urbz on console.

Recently EAxis included songs from past games, even going as far as to revive Pressure by Paramore, a song only heard in the console versions of The Sims 2 (and a heavily edited version in the PSP version).

Does anyone remember Kitty Shack? Or what about some of the unnamed/unknown tracks from the Nu Metal or Industrial stations? Are they simply not good enough to be revived? Is it a copyright or licensing issue? If so, what is the excuse for using a song recorded and composed by a third party? Surely if they can bring one song back (and a few others from TS2 and 3 respectively) they can add a few more… right?

Regardless, it would be really lovely to hear these songs in much better quality and I can’t see any negatives. They were truly great memorable pieces for a lot of people, and hearing Another World in TS4 at 320KBPS would feel like a dream.

Comments

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited October 2020
    I like most of the Indie and Kids radio songs from The sims 3, would be great if they some of these, but they most likely have to purchase the license again to be put to sims 4. unless all simlish rerecord song is entirely ea property.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    I like most of the Indie and Kids radio songs from The sims 3, would be great if they some of these, but they most likely have to purchase the license again to be put to sims 4. unless all simlish rerecord song is entirely ea property.

I agree, a lot of the indie songs (like Cat & Mouse or Podie Tie) would be great in addition to some of the other The Sims 2 console songs. I'm not sure if this is all a lengthy process for them due to licensing or copyright, but for them to bring back one of them makes me wonder just how hard or costly it actually is.
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    edited October 2020
    Some of the songs can be purchased on iTunes and you can add them to the radio stations. Personally I would love to be able to create new stations, name them and then add some of the old music. My personal want is the Zydeco music from Unleashed and the Chinese and Egyptian music from World Adventures. I really enjoy atmosphere and ambiance and would like music to match.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
    edited October 2020
    redrogue60 wrote: »
    Some of the songs can be purchased on iTunes and you can add them to the radio stations. Personally I would love to be able to create new stations, name them and then add some of the old music. My personal want is the Zydeco music from Unleashed and the Chinese and Egyptian music from World Adventures. I really enjoy atmosphere and ambiance and would like music to match.

Apologies for the late reply! Yes, songs from the games can be purchased, but songs from the console versions respectively have not been officially released (except for IN_GAME, an album by The Humble Brothers that included a few songs from a wide variety of spin-off titles and has since been removed for reasons unknown).

The purpose of this post is to encourage their actions of bringing back past songs from the console versions. They have already brought back one, so it can't be out of their power to bring more. They have brought back the music from The Sims before for a few karaoke items I think, so again, it shouldn't be out of their power.

I tend to think often about their storage of high quality unreleased songs they probably sit on to possibly include in any update or pack.

Noogster wrote: »
    Recently EAxis included songs from past games, even going as far as to revive Pressure by Paramore, a song only heard in the console versions of The Sims 2 (and a heavily edited version in the PSP version).

Regardless, it would be really lovely to hear these songs in much better quality and I can’t see any negatives. They were truly great memorable pieces for a lot of people, and hearing Another World in TS4 at 320KBPS would feel like a dream.

This is a bump. This still feels relevant and within EAxis' power. I simply cannot be the only one who feels strongly about this.

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    You can pretty easily find most of them on Youtube, then just use Youtube to mp3 sites and put the file in the custom music file :) I put the iconic "Last Frooby Noobs" in my game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxyW6AJ-yIk&ab_channel=TheSims3EAmusic
    Onverser wrote: »
    You can pretty easily find most of them on Youtube, then just use Youtube to mp3 sites and put the file in the custom music file :) I put the iconic "Last Frooby Noobs" in my game

The songs that were brought back were not originally available. I'm talking about the console spin-off of The Sims 2, where songs were created exclusive to it, not TS3 songs or reused TS2 music from the pc/mac version.