Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When you first started playing the sims...what took you a while to figure out?

13...Next

Comments

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Well actually I still, to this day, haven't figured out how to increase the influence bar in the Sims 2. Really no idea.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I started by destroying my mom's towns in sim city 3000 without saving. I remember my fifth grade teacher talking about how her sim kept setting the stove on fire and she couldn't get them to put it out and they kept dying and she kept having to restart. And I remember playing on the gamecube version a friend brought over.
    I loved the game so much I bought a copy for my gamecube and failed miserably at doing anything but building a graveyard at the Goths house. Didn't play again until get to work and vampires was out on sims 4 and now I'm hooked and playing 2,3 and 4. Ocassionally even pull out my gamecube to play that one.
  • YourSimMomYourSimMom Posts: 1 New Member
    The original Sims was my introduction to pure obsession with the lives of virtual people, and I lost 3 babies before I realized having the volume on is necessary. 20 years later and I still mute every game but The Sims.
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    It was tough to figure out how to navigate the libraries at points and how to add Sims to households. Coming from Spore, I was hoping like, a bit of a Sporepedia-like section where you can just browse through your individual Sims, edit them from there, and just add them from there but I found it a bit more complicated than that.

I forgot what else took me a while to get it. I remember I had other moments where I felt dumb when learning I could do it, but I forgot. My first Sim death was due to a fire (because of course) and I thought the Extinguish function didn't work because the guys just sat there and were screaming.
    A1hnP0t.png