Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How big the worlds should be to guarantee good imersion

In "Hotel" theard I described yesterday how big Sulani should be to guarantee us good world immersion. To sum up.

Sulani should be a world which is for citizens and tourists. Traveling to/from Sulani should be a little harder, because it is so weird when Sims from Willow Creek or Newcrest can visit Sulani beach after work, and after that can go to a nightclub in Windenburg. If Sulani would be more isolated, than there should be some lots to serve the tourists and citizens. Currently we have 14 functional lots. It is a really small number. How it should looks like for me?

Sulani

For tourists:
1. Hotels (if EA will add this) - 3 or 4 at least - cheap and expensive hotel, traditional bungalows and huge resort
2. Spa - at least one
3. Restaurants - at least 2 - cheap and traditional and more fancy
4. Night clubs - at least 2
5. Aquapark
6. Bars/Lounges - at least 2 - traditional drink bar and maybe something modern
7. Beach - at least 3 - one free beach on every island
8. Local shops - maybe 2
9. Rental houses - +/- 4

For citizens:
1. Houses - at least 10 for citizens and community lots stuff
2. Muzeum
3. Library
4. Gym
5. Shop / Generic lot

It means that the world should have AT LEAST 30 lots to be functional and it is still without lots as cafe, vet clinic, art gallery, park ect! To be honest, every pack adds something what I want to add into my save files but I have no space for it. I do not understand the reason that bigger worlds can not work on weaker hardware. I am console player and I have big saves and no problem with game running. Whats more I think that my PS4 wouldn't have a problem with worlds bigger 2 or 3 times.

For example to well known Sulani:

1000?cb=20190621022510

Below maps can be added:

se5FEp3.jpg

2OhALfs.png

C60zp3fWwAUvCCh.jpg

Comments

• ehud8651ehud8651 Posts: 62 Member
    restaurants need the dining game pack, and nobody wants another my first pet stuff
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    ^^
    No additional pack is needed. Just Sulani with more empty lots or premade buildings to destroy.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,934 Member
    edited October 2020
    personally I think 14 lots is quite enough for me

immersion is more about activities and placement of the lots to me than the lots number

like for example i can totally immerse myself in living in forgotten hollow despite the small size cause there isn't fake houses there I can decide what buildings exist in that small village and all your neighbors actually exist

but i will never feel immersed in worlds such as strangerville town area because fake houses surround your lot everywhere and lots you can use are not next to each other either way so no neighbors

similarily i am all about living in the volcano part of sulani its perfection to me

but living in the village part makes me feel lonely because so many fake houses between the lots that are just set dressing

and the on water lots in the village part feel awfully crowded to me and id rather not have those and have more lots in the village itself

especially since there is the 3rd area that is all about lots on water and there it makes much more sense cause the water area surrounding is larger

also in some of the worlds its just that there isn't much to do off lot and I feel lost with them like windenburg for example
    which would absolutely improve if they added open water or something

in summary: i dont need more lots, i don't need super big worlds but please can we have the lots close to each other and in places that make sense and have no fake houses separating them? and maybe have some gameplay possibilities out there? so we don't need to always depend on lots for some entertainment
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited October 2020
    I placed a restaurant and spa in my Sulani and it already has a bar so I’m satisfied with it the size it is really. What ruins immersion for me more than anything is not the size of the world. It’s seeing residents from the other worlds there dressed in outfits that don’t suit the setting. I have my Sulani residents visit the community lots I’ve placed and the Goth family will be there in their usual outfits looking completely out of place. I wish we could a toggle option for each world to let us choose if we want it to be specific to residents only or not.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    I think the size is ok, and I wouldn't want it to be harder to reach. The one thing on that list that I do want is hotels
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I've always thought these "worlds" are way too small. It's more like a neighborhood than a world.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    The town I actually feel most immersed in when I play is Strangerville. I like the size, and there aren’t a bunch of gyms, bars, etc., so I feel more free to bulldoze and create my own lots. Forgotten Hollow is way too small for me. Windenburg would be great for its size, but there are a lot of lots I don’t feel free to bulldoze yet.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    at bare minimum there should be at least 8 lots for each district, with at least 1 or 2 of them being either 50x50 to 64x64.
    ihavemultiplegamertags