Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 players - is the Sims the only video game you play on PC?

Comments

• Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    On PC, just the Sims. However I have been playing Fall Guys for the past week
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited October 2020
    I play a variety of games on my PC. I recently finished the Life is Strange prequel, and oh my God it was fantastic. I mostly play story driven, Telltale-esque games. Although occasionally I'll play Catch the Cheater with some friends, because it's so stupid funny.

@afternoonbaboon I love Life is Strange prequel! It's potentially been my favourite of them to play, just enjoyed being Chloe a lot. I'm currently on chapter four (out of five) in Life is Strange 2 which is also good. I'm waiting for the right mood to hit me to play the final part.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited October 2020
    Nope, only the sims. My eye to hand coordination never was that great but I tried, what I call run, jump, shoot, kill games and I truly sucked at it. :D Many years ago I played on console, Super Nintendo and actually bought a Wii and later an XBox One, but didn't care for the games offered.

In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited October 2020
    I play most of my games on PS4, but I own multiple consoles, hundreds of games, and also buy from Steam. I have been gaming for around 30 years, my first gaming addiction was the original Legend of Zelda, so yeah I am an older gamer.

Can't wait for AC Valhalla, I love Odyssey and Origins. Also excited for the new Far Cry.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I don't have time for a lot of games so I tend to just stick with certain titles unless a new game really catches my eye. So Sims, Lord of the Rings Online, Baldur's Gate series, Myst, Elder Scrolls Online, and some others. I really could use more space on my SSD, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    MoonSimmer1MoonSimmer1 Posts: 24 Member
    The Sims is the only game that gives me joy playing it. It's also the only game I could play for hours. For me, this is the best game franchise of all times! 😇❤
  • Options
    MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    I am a mostly a sandbox player, so I am unfortunately very picky about games. I like games without excessive violence; because you can build your own dungeons and take care of your creatures, Dungeons 2 & 3 is about as intense as I get (plus it has pet dungeon mode and custom scenario settings). The investment in these games truly gives you your money's worth.

That and I love games that never have an ending.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I only play on console but I play loads of games, just finished Tell Me Why and Spyro reignited triology, almost done with Darksiders 3, got a lot of games I come back to often like Skyrim and Minecraft and so many more...

Am also looking forward to AC: Valhalla, love me some Vikings!
    It's on my christmas wishlist, actually it's the only thing on it ;)
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    I only play The Sims 4.
  • Options
    thenightcourtthenightcourt Posts: 173 Member
    Yes, I have a gaming PC just for the Sims. Any other games I play are on the Nintendo Switch!
    Never forgive, always forget.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    @catmando830 I highly recommend Planet Coaster, I've had so much fun playing it. :) Since it's been out a while, they'll probably have good sales this holiday season on the base game and the dlc.

I do branch out from time to time and try out different games, but I tend to stay with a specific few. Sims, Planet Coaster, Planet Zoo, Cities Skylines are the main ones. I've also tried, and do enjoy the Anno series, Civ series and lately, Crusader Kings III. Only PC games, console games just aren't my thing.

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    I'm not a gamer and so the only game I actually have on my laptop is The Sims 4. Heck, I don't even play The Sims 4 that often now anyways cuz I found some other hobbies. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    I chose other because I wouldn't say that I play "a lot of other games depending on my mood..." I've just now started getting into other games, so it's not "a lot..." but, actually, maybe that is what I mean?? so maybe I should have picked that one?

Anyway. I used to only play sims for yearrsssss, but I've honestly been pretty tired of it for a while, so I've been playing Animal Crossing a lot. I also am playing Stardew Valley on PC, finished some small indies like Coffee Talk and Koral. And I played a good bit of Spiritfarer, too. Oh, and oddly I found I really like Mario Kart :)

I'm looking forward to play a whole ton of other games in the "wholesome" category now too! (especially *cough*Paralives*cough*)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited October 2020
    I really love Stardew Valley. I also use this website to see what free games Steam and Epic and Twitch Prime are giving away: https://www.indiegamebundles.com/category/free/

I have been playing a lot of Raft recently. I really like watching CaptainSauce play some fun silly games too.

I have this whole list of games to play through too, so going to take awhile: https://itch.io/b/520/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    edited October 2020
    I play a variety like single-player games (Vampyr), RPGs/story based and action games like the witcher, Horizon Zero Dawn, ASC, Uncharted & Tomb Raider, decision making games like Until Dawn, Heavy Rain. Other simulations as in Beholder 2 and Cities Skylines.

I cannot only play the sims. I can play it for a few days straight and then switch over to other games like GTA online or DBD and I'm excited for the up coming Watch Dogs Legion. I am currently playing Ghost Of Tsushima and Vampyr as well as the sims since it's not laggy like that anymore.

I am a console player. I know you said PC but I am a gamer too. :cry: lol
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    At an earlier time of my childhood I used to play other single-player pc games, but lately it's just strictly sims. Occasionally, I'll watch a certain demographic of gamers play other types of games (usually popular and sometimes outdated) to keep me interested in possibly buying something in near future. I'm too comfortable with sims to move on with something else, lol. Plus, I just haven't truly been interested in going out of my comfort zone with games including different consoles solely because I grew up with PC, and so if I do switch, it'll just feel kinda forced, I guess.
  • Options
    SimsChica2013SimsChica2013 Posts: 75 Member
    I usually play the sims, and a few other Point-and-click adventure games on PC. I save everything else for my PS4. I'm super excited for the new Assassins Creed! It looks pretty awesome.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I'm DEFINTELY getting Cyberpunk I'm so hyped.

I play a lot of games, but The Sims is the only one that is always there, the other ones change a lot.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I play Sims & Roblox on my computer. I would play more, but it can't handle anything else if I want to have packs.

I play tons of stuff on my Nintendo Switch though. Fortnite, Spellbreaker, Rocket League, Minecraft, Animal Crossing, etc.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I have not played any other PC games except Sims since the series began in 2000. However, going way back when we got our first PC, it came with a game called Gnome, that was a lot of fun. Plus, we bought and played Trophy Hunter and Trophy Angler on it as well. I also liked to play Runescape online. I've played a few games on our old PS2 too such as; Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, 007 series, Madden and sometimes COD if I could wrangle it away from Hubby. Those were a lonnnng time ago though when our kids were still living at home. I'm aging myself here. :D
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I play two franchises regularly. Sims and Story of Seasons are my most played games. But, my family also loves other games, mostly Minecraft, Mario, and Zelda games. We may not be extreme gamers, but have multiple computers and Nintendo consoles (had a PS4, but it mostly collected dust).
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I play Sims 2 thru 4. I also play World of Warcraft. Star Wars the Old Republic, Elder Scrolls online, Skyrim, Assassins Creed, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Diablo 3, Fallout 4 and New Vegas, and the list goes on and on. I play lots of PC games.
  • Options
    birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 400 Member
    I mostly play The Sims, but I haven't played since before JtB and the patch that broke all of my CC doors and windows. I just can't bring myself to play my 5 year old save without them - it's full of homes with broken doors and windows... I've tried to play new saves without CC, but I can't get into it.

So I don't play much at all right now, but when I do, it's usually Planet Zoo or Skyrim. :)
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited October 2020
    Sims 3, 4 and Medieval. Because of university (enjoying contact learning while it lasts), I have very limited amounts of free time and energy, so I stick to what I already love and know how to play. There are few more that have caught my eye, but they'll have to wait their time.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    @catmando830 I highly recommend Planet Coaster, I've had so much fun playing it. :) Since it's been out a while, they'll probably have good sales this holiday season on the base game and the dlc.

Right now the price is at $45, so since I want Snowy Escapes I'm gonna have to wait on Planet Coaster. I used to play Roller Coaster Tycoon.