Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Almost Eternal - Updated February 3rd

Comments

• SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 569 Member
    Ch. 47 comments.

@deafsimmer
    I was going for a certain kind of aesthetic with Seth.

Wow, a new ship already? You move almost as fast as Caleb.

Maybe. It's a big world and any human is only a drink away from being turned.

@_sims_Yimi
    She is trying to remind herself that it's meaningless but it's inevitable isn't it? She's starved for attention, never felt special and here's someone seemingly giving her everything she wants. You'd be surprised what people can overlook in someone who otherwise ticks all the boxes.

Crawl to Lilith; she will fix everything, every time until the end of eternity...

Interesting ideas.

@mercuryfoam
    Yes, this one might be beyond Lilith's capabilities.
    Banner-2-with-filters.jpg
    Almost Eternal
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    Chapter 48
    I already freaked out about the rest of the chapter on your blog so I won't repeat myself here. But Joe needs some extra backbone so he can stop rich daddy’s boys from waltzing all over him and disrespecting his bar whenever they feel like it. I can imagine Will having threatened to send his family to close down his bar or something low like that, to make Joe afraid of standing up to him. Or maybe he’s just the timid, jello-spine type.

Sheesh, Will, don’t go bragging about someone’s sister to them- ah who am I kidding, of course Will is going to do something like that. Go fall down a ditch and break your ankle or something. Or fall in Morgyn’s wildlife pit. That should be fun.

Despite everything that this chapter is, the images of Lilith staring daggers at the tv box made me laugh. :D I wonder what happens if she ever goes to a night club. Or an electronics store.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @_sims_Yimi
    He's an old dude, he can't physically throw them out now, can he? Besides, made 60 simoleons there.

Aha! Another use for the wildlife pit! And they say my CC is too niche. :D

That wasn't planned, haha. Lilith sat and glared at the blank TV for about 3 in game hours, while I was doing the Melinda drawing Caleb scene, so I thought I'd bung it in here, break up all the misery somewhat.
    Almost Eternal
  • lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    I'm not fully convinced Will is done for. Why does Seth keep him alive? I mean, the guy is drunk most of the time, so he would be easy prey. Are they related somehow? I also have another theory about Will, that is way out there and probably completely wrong, but hey, I'm not giving up on it just yet. :)

I'm fully convinced all the old vampires are pretty much monsters at this point and are clinging to humanity when they really have nothing left to cling to. Seth is the only one embracing being a monster and being honest with himself. I'm really glad I held out on shipping anyone because all of them are train wrecks waiting to happen, and it has saved my poor heart from being broken, lol. Except for Mel, she's a sweetheart and she could turn herself around or become their vampire therapist. I would say Faith might be able to turn herself around as well, but I think she's already falling for Seth and she will eventually follow down his dark path. Or maybe she'll get control over him with these visions of the mystery woman and destroy him. Not really sure, all I know is I don't expect there to be any happy endings in the future. I'm such a pessimist. :D
    08-20-20-2-39-50-PM.png

It's the final week of Almost Eternal. April's excited, are you?

Let's kick things off by finally finding out what really happened that fateful night outside the bathroom door.

Chapter 49 - Stay With Me
    Almost Eternal
    That picture of April my gods :D:D:D
    It's been such a ride. Is this one of those rollercoasters that end in a freefall down a cliff, I wonder? :mrgreen:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @_sims_Yimi

Those are the best kind!
    Almost Eternal
    @DeafSimmer
    Caleb killed her before he turned her, so yes. She has been dead for most of the story.
    Almost Eternal
    Oh wow, the last week? I'm sad it's coming to a close, but then I am also excited to see what mysteries get revealed. It has been a wild ride. :)
    This chapter was just a big tragedy for both Caleb and April. April tried to find an escape from Sandy but just walked into another monster's clutches. Caleb has been controlled by Lilith for so long that he doesn't know the consequences of the decisions he makes. Now they are stuck with one another for eternity. This has turned into a living nightmare for the two of them (maybe dying nightmare is a better term since they are both vampires :D ).
    @lone_cat
    Final week for Part 1. Then you all get a brief respite. :D
    There are no winners here. But it's not over yet!
    Unliving nightmare? Undying nightmare. Maybe that'll be the subtitle for Part two. Almost Eternal: Unliving Nightmare.

Some mysteries may be solved but some may rumble on a while longer... ;)
    Almost Eternal

Things are getting real in our penultimate chapter of Part 1.

Chapter 50 - Monumental Mess Up
    Almost Eternal
    edited October 2020
    Chapter 50
    Don't mind me. I'm just sitting here wondering what you're going to do with this colossal web of entanglement and despair that everyone has been dragged into, in one chapter. There's going to be some big cliffhangers aren't there. :D
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @_sims_Yimi
    They've been getting dragged into this 'colossal web of entanglement and despair' for fifty chapters now. They're used to it. Cliff-hangers? o:)
    Would I?
    Probably

@DeafSimmer
    It's all open to interpretation. :)
    Almost Eternal
    I've already prepared myself to be devastated, for Chuck to die by the hands of Seth and for Mel to become the evilest vampire of all. Yep, that helps me cope with what's to come. :D In all honesty, I don't know what will happen other than there will be lots of unanswered questions.

I don't know what the best solution is, probably for all the old vampires to throw themselves into a pit of fire and turn themselves into piles of ash. But then that would be a very tidy way to tie up everything, and I feel like this won't have a tidy ending, but a messy, sad one.
    edited October 2020
    @lone_cat
    Prepared for devastation is the best way to live.

That would be a tidy solution, but wouldn't make for a very interesting story. Messy and sad? You all have so very little faith in me. I can deal with that. ;)
    Almost Eternal
    edited October 2020
    00.png

It's the book 1 finale! Prepare for all the mysteries to be solved and the cast to skip off joyfully into the sunset.

I've split this into two parts because it felt huge:

Chapter 51 - Absolute Chaos Pt.1

Chapter 51 - Absolute Chaos Pt.2
    Almost Eternal
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    I realised I didn't give you your Lilith rant. But I think I was serious in the last chapter that we are beyond ranting as far as she's concerned. When she went on about how Caleb was ungrateful and didn't even check if she was alright... honestly, her lack of self-awareness is almost funny. Can't think of a single reason why Caleb didn't rush to tend to you there, Lilith? Ok then :D

Oh, I also forgot to comment on Faith's exhibit of power there, and now I can't use the word I would like to... she was pretty, um, badbutt there :D Very neat. I guess that explains the battle royale choice, then.

Back to Lilith, I'm actually interested in seeing what season two will be like for her. Everyone left, so he can't really spend her time looking for flaws in others and trying to "fix" them and so forth. She will have no choice but to shift her focus on herself. Not sure she'll like what she sees. Then again, maybe the TV interference will give her enough to occupy herself with and she won't be able to concentrate on any self-reflection, heh.

Definitely not giving her Dandy's address to go look for the fruit, that's for sure :P
    Oh man, it seems like everyone holds a little piece of the puzzle. Seth has information for Mel. Faith and Lilith have information for Seth. Caleb isn't telling the girls everything and might be controlling April (that remains to be seen).

I now sort of see Faith becoming this powerful vampire and ruling with Seth over the other vampires. They'd both be deranged sociopaths, but they'd be living the vampire dream. :D
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    @lone_cat
    To be fair I don't think Caleb is purposefully trying to withhold information, he's likely not capable of explaining it any better. He did try to tell them, but did so really poorly - and they kind of only see what they want to see.
    I now sort of see Faith becoming this powerful vampire and ruling with Seth over the other vampires.

I would quite like to see that, haha.

@SnuffyBucket
    One additional thought I forgot earlier - it is interesting none of them had a problem with stealing Lilith's supply. Sure, she is awful, but that does not change the fact she obtained those plasma packs. They are all eager to reap the parts that are convenient. Caleb gets called out on this a lot, but are the others all that different in that respect? And they don't even have Caleb's excuse of, you know, centuries of abuse. I'm curious to see what they will do when they run out.

And what Lilith will do, considering she now has none. It's not like she can quickly schedule in an emergency client to replenish (well, maybe in Sel Sol Valley emergency nose jobs are a thing haha). Does that mean she'll be forced to feed on someone, I wonder? I'm sure that would do marvels for her personality, lol.
    @ThePlumbob
    That's true, he isn't very capable of explaining himself (thanks to Lilith) and feels remorse for what he did. I still don't trust him, not because he is purposely withholding information, but because he is a little unpredictable and can be aggressive when provoked. He reminds me of an animal that has been mistreated and at times neglected and might lash out at any second, from fear or confusion. I could be totally wrong in my interpretation of him, but that's how I see him. He's relied on Lilith so much for decision making and information. Now that he is his own person, I don't know if he'll be able to make good decisions, especially if he starts hanging around Seth. But then, this might be good for him to be away from the control of Lilith, and maybe he'll turn himself around. It all remains to be seen. :)

edited October 2020
    @ThePlumbob
    She is certainly lacking self-awareness, is Ms. Vatore.

Faith's a badbutt, got it. :D All that level three anger had to manifest somehow.

Season two will be interesting for Lilith. I'm so tempted to send her to glade at some point, you sure I can't borrow Dandy for that scene?

@Deafsimmer
    If you're really curious about season 2, there are some hints on the newly created 2nd characters page on the site. But if you sit tight, it won't be long until I'm once again bombarding you with vampiric nonsense in the form of chapters.

@lone_cat
    Wouldn't be any fun if all the pieces were in the right boxes, would it?

Interesting. You think Faith has it in her to be a deranged psychopath?

@ThePlumbob again
    Caleb doesn't really understand binding either, he just knows that no rope was involved.

Of course you would like to see poor Faith descend into disaster. Always dragging us down. ;)

Lilith didn't check the cupboard so who knows what's left?

They're definitely gonna run out eventually.

@lone_cat again
    Caleb is very unpredictable. The curse just takes over. But he has buddies and his wife now, so all smooth sailing from here, surely. o:)
    Almost Eternal