Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Supernatural Misadventures: Story 2 Chapter 24 [Updated 10/25]

Comments

• lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    I admit, I have been struggling with these last few chapters and wrapping everything up. I have changed so much and then have been having major writer's block on top of it, but I think I have the last couple chapters figured out now. There will be 24 chapters total and an epilogue. We are in the home stretch.

Anyway, Barnes and Hailey have a heart to heart. This is a slower chapter, and not a lot is revealed. I kind of had to do this chapter like this because I needed some buildup to the ending. Oh yes, and there is a cute picture of Hailey and Barnes as kids. :)

KImXevPl.png
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    I wouldn't mind if you wanted to do more heart to heart or if Barnes and Hailey decided to do a lazy day fishing and talking. All good with me. I'm actually really glad for them that they had this talk, the massage and sleep in. They definitely earned it! They're on a vacation after all and I'm so happy they got their time to do relaxing things. :)
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Chapter 22
    I'm always partial to some adorable childhood flashback pictures!

I do hope Barnes and Brian get back together, they seemed to have a loving relationship from what we saw in the previous stroy, so perhaps it really was just the money and work pressure that got to them, and they both got to the edge. Hopefully this time apart did them good. Though maybe they should just take it slow rather than trying to resume where they left off - maybe rediscover their appreciation for one another and also try to focus on themselves individually a bot, seems like both have some career decisions to make.

I guess all the money from Nancy will make it easier on Barnes to pursue what he wants, heh. It would be cool if he got into his cooking passion again.

But the dream would be him, Hailey, Ian and Vern setting up an independent supernatural investigation agency. Yep, that would be awesome. As unlikely as that is haha.
    @mercuryfoam
    Yay, I'm glad it wasn't too slow of a chapter. I figured they each deserved a slow day and a chance to enjoy their vacation. :)

@ThePlumbob
    I love a cute childhood flashback.

Yes, Barnes and Brian had a pretty good relationship and most of their breakup was stress, differing opinions on life and money. I can't say if they'll get back together or not. :)

The money does help. I have toyed with the idea of eventually having a supernatural agency between them, but I'll see if it actually happens. For now, Hailey will be going it solo, at least for the next story. But I always change my mind, so who knows. :D
    Chapter 23 is out. :) Hailey talks to Ian.

6Oa30Kfl.png
    edited October 2020
    Because I love Halloween and I am procrastinating, I decided to dress up my characters in Halloween costumes and take pictures. I don't have a costume for everyone yet, but I want to do a group shot once I've thought up a costume for everyone. If you have a suggestion, I'm more than willing to dress someone up. :)

Hailey and Ian as Sally and Jack Skellington from The Nightmare Before Christmas.
    gniZwY3.png
    W3U2beS.png
    lA5bjrE.png
    plBChpj.png

I also have another costume idea for these two, and I'll post more later. :)
    Post edited by lone_cat on
    More pictures because now I can't stop. :D

Leo as Dr. Frank N. Furter from Rocky Horror Picture Show. He's really the only one with enough confidence and swagger to pull this off. Well, maybe Brian, but Brian is in the doghouse right now, lol. Don't worry, I kept the image tame for the forums. :)
    q4ic7Gv.png

Willa as Cruella de Vil from 101 Dalmatians.
    nuVElNC.png
    tPlZ3DD.png
    vNMKP7Z.png
    PU8msek.png

Hailey and Ian as Harley Quinn and Joker (cartoon version). I couldn't resist, Hailey's name just sounds so much like Harley, and I had the perfect poses for these two.
    Pzjvbxe.png
    IRuO8BG.png
    NNJoAbi.png
    WhZQDOL.png
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    @lone_cat Those halloween pictures are amazing! Leo as Dr. Frank absolutely cracks me up, lol. He's pulling it off fabulously, too! :mrgreen:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    Oh mu goodness these are fantastic!

Haha I always appreciate a bit of Frank N. Furter! Leo definitely pulls it off, that's for sure. Looks very similar to one of the live Rocky Horror performances I've seen more so than the movie, especially the hair. (Did I mention that I love Rocky Horror? No? Let me tell you again, and again :D )

Willa definitely suits Cruella de Ville. And Ian and Hailey look fab, especially in the second costume set - wouldn't think Ian would have the Joker in him, but he totally does!
    @_sims_Yimi @ThePlumbob Thanks! :) These were so much fun to make. Leo pulls off Dr. Frank so well, and I love Rocky Horror, so I couldn't resist. I have other pictures of him, and I'll eventually get around to doing a huge picture dump of Halloween photos on my blog. :)

I was surprised too, that Ian pulled off Joker so well. I wasn't exactly sure what to do for makeup, since the clown face was too much (I really hate clowns, but part of me wants to dress someone up as Pennywise from It, and then I'll probably have nightmares for a week :D ). I think the poses help, and I can't get over how cute Hailey is as Harley and Sally.

I've got a couple more. I'll post more sporadically as we countdown to Halloween. :)

Willa again, but this outfit is way more Cruella than the first one.
    fpTWbDt.png
    qkmJjYT.png

Barnes (I struggled to think up something awesome for him, so he gets two). Dr. Facilier from The Princess and the Frog and Sherlock Holmes (sort of loosely based on the time period and that he smoked a pipe.)
    DuZAOV2.png
    9VVkJYO.png

Vern as Beetlejuice (her version of Beetlejuice).
    Ym4IGRX.png
    5zOKhUT.png
    PbeN1rL.png
    Oooh Barnes is a perfect Holmes, I love him in that costume! :love: And Vern as Beetlejuice is brilliant too - though I feel like Vern could rock anything.
    @ThePlumbob Thank you. :) I figured Barnes had to be a detective since he loves reading and solving mysteries. I think I might dress Brian up as Watson and pose them together. I did some CC shopping and found this female version of Beetlejuice and I was like, yes, this is perfect. I still need to think up something for Soto, Ivan, Gibbs (I think I'm going to dress him as a witch, lol) and some of the other minor characters.
    Ahh, I can't stop with the pictures. I dressed Leo and Willa up as Gomez and Morticia Addams and oh man, these two are perfect. I posed them dancing in a cemetery. :)
    Q9fSqJX.png
    9L5PeRb.png
    S42yQO9.png
    OK1B9q1.png
    JagdSG2.png
    Oh, Morticia and Gomez are iconic. They look so mich like them! Love it! What a beautiful set as well!
    @ThePlumbob
    I'm glad you are enjoying my endless barrage of Halloween pictures. :D

I downloaded the cemetery off the gallery (so many good lots on the gallery :) ).

I love Gomez and Morticia; they are like the perfect married couple. I'm a hopeless romantic, lol.
    edited October 2020
    Omg! Ian and Hailey as Joker/Quin is perfect! I can’t believe that’s Ian.. oh wow he makes me shudder with how awesome he pulled off joker’s costume. I don't know if I can see Ian the same way now. He nailed that maniac vibe so well.

Actually I love everyone’s costume. Willa makes for an amazing Cruella and Barnes! Personally Beetlejuice creeps me out so I don’t want to like Vern’s costume, but she wore it so well. Will continue to dislike Beetlejuice though. :lol:

Morticia and Gomez. My favourite couple of all time. The cemetery is beautiful too. Gorgeous screenshots! Leo and Willa though. They were at daggers with each other in the story but so doveyy here. *cough* :smirk:
    @mercuryfoam Thanks. :)

Ian is kind of creeping me out with his deranged Joker vibes and his evil smile. Clowns creep me out in general, so that doesn't help. :D

Morticia and Gomez are my favorite couple, too. Willa and Leo are good at pretending to like each other for this photoshoot, then they'll go back to disliking one another. :D

I figured Vern would make a good Beetlejuice; they are both pretty crude.
    I wanted to release the next chapter a few days ago, but I've been having some writer's block. It's pretty much done, but I want to do some edits and I'll have it out tomorrow. :)

In the meantime, have another Halloween picture.

I posed Hailey and Barnes (as children) in a classic horror movie scene (it's safe for forums :) ).

Cue eerie music. It also helps if you imagine yourself as a kid riding on a tricycle through a haunted hotel. ;)
    XAUynpI.png
    zWtssdZ.png
    D8Tst96.png
    @lone_cat of all your halloween pics. This creeps me out the most.. :sweat_smile: I half expected the third image to have chucky in it. Or some sort of apparition. But even without them Hailey and Barnes are already creepy. :joy:
    @mercuryfoam Oh man, Chucky creeps me out, but then a lot of horror movies creep me out. :D I hate jump scares with a passion.

I was channeling The Shining with this picture, which funnily ended up being on TV shortly after I posted this, lol. I thought of posing Barnes and his twin brother (the movie scene was twin girls) but thought Hailey was more relevant to Supernatural Misadventures.
    @lone_cat Oooh. Barnes and Lee would be just as creepy. I hate all horror with jump scare taking first prize. My nerves can't handle that. :lol:
    Here's Johnny! Definitely recognised The Shining there. Can't beat the creepiness of that, such a classic.
    This is the last chapter of Hailey's POV for story 2. Some things are explained, some things are not. It ends on a happy note, though not everything is happy in Sulani land.

I put this in a spoiler for those not fully caught up. :)
    AwDG89yl.png
    @ThePlumbob @mercuryfoam
    Thanks for commenting. :) I'm having fun with these Halloween photoshoots.

I like the horror genre, but I prefer psychological thrillers more than just straight-up gore and jump scares. I like a movie that messes with your head and could be based on real events or a real location. Or has a good plot twist you didn't see coming at the end. But I still have to watch most horror movies with the lights on and a blanket to hide under, lol.
    edited October 2020
    Chapter 24
    I love the way you tie things up in your story finales, you always manage to answer a lot while still leaving an element of mystery. I'm really chuffed Barnes and Brian have been able to put their issues in perspective during this time, I love them together!

Seems so strange to see them back in San Myshuno, I have that weird feeling you get when you get back from a holiday... not that this was really a relaxing getaway, haha. Can't wait what happens next - though the real question is what's happened with Ian, Luke and Vern.

So, where is the next story set? Or is that a spoiler? I guess if you say Oasis Springs it would be quite indicative of who we'll follow, haha. So feel free to disregard that question, I'm just hyped for what you have in store for us next!

Edit: Oh, and I'm the same with horror movies, I find those with a looming mystery much scarier than those with obvious gore. Though I don't watch many horror films, I'm a bit of a wimp these days :D