Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape Positive Thoughts Thread 🏔️❄️⛷️🏂🎿

Comments

• EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    edited October 2020
    Yes they are stunning! Can’t wait to use them ❤️
    I meant to quote the tile photo from dolerousgrey
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Hi @grayheath

I agree I haven't been this excited for a pack in a very long time and I cannot help repeating myself on various threads like a kid waiting for candy lol The release date cannot come fast enough for me :)
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    This feels like a very nice throwback to Sims 1 Vacation and Sims 2 Bon Voyage and even Sims 3 World Adventures, in a way.
    I'm particularly delighted that they've made the location Japanese and included some cultural references and such. I look forward to seeing more of that!
    I've been keen on more sporting activities for the game and from what I've seen in the trailer, these look better than I imagined. Skiing, sledding and snowboarding? Very keen and very excited. ❄️

The fact that they've included both residential and rental lots in this world is quite exciting to me. I wonder if this is something that'll be available for all worlds with the patch? Either way, I'm excited for this!

There are so many little things that look wonderful in the trailer! I can already see a lot of my sims in my regular save heading over here! 🏔️
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited October 2020
    Hmm, I wonder if they can make jam/preserves or sump'n with these jars or if they are just decorative.
    Sims-SE02.png

Also, Imma leave this here too - didn't fit the GP icon leak, but I was riiiiiiiiight
    troshalom wrote: »
    I see a mountain, a cabin with a woodburning stove pipe sticking out of the roof and snow as in three snowballs. This is that winter game pack
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    Hmm, I wonder if they can make jam/preserves or sump'n with these jars or if they are just decorative.
    Sims-SE02.png

That looks like a tea storage cabinet and the jars are tea tins.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    I'm really excited. My biggest concern was that we might not be able to vacation in the world and that it would be only a residential world. I really hope they open this feature to all worlds.

I am excited for sledding, rock climbing, new recipes, and the festivals. I'm obsessed with kotatsu table. Definitely adding a Japanese restaurant to the world. I was already planning to add a spa to this world so I was pleasantly surprised with the bathhouse.
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I'm so happy first off that there is a positive page, it's great to see. So thankyou for setting that up. This new pack looks amazing and I can't wait to get into it. The thing I'm most looking forward to? Snow, just snow, it's my favourite thing in rl, so a world where there's snow all the time, perfection!
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I was really happy to see skiing. I don't think that's ever been in the The Sims series before. & activities that kids and toddlers can do, like parents sledding with the kiddos....as I think the game needs more of that for sure. The cultural aspects look really cool too. Cool to see snowboarding and hot springs making a comeback....I'm getting a bit of TS3 nostalgia...

I noticed that Seasons is not required....so I'm assuming that it stays a snowy world all the time? Or if you do have Seasons, does the world change with Seasons? Curious how that will work. I can totally see my Sims vacationing there....taking aspects like camping that came from Outdoor Retreat & using those items in the new world. Not sure if my Sims will live there or not...i guess it depends on how/if Seasons work in the world. Like with Sulani...even though it's hot pretty much all year round....in winter, it may not snow, but it does get cooler, it does rain etc. So I'm hoping it'll work like that....like in summer, it may not be as snowy type of thing.

Either way, the pack looks promising. I've been looking forward to taking my Sims on vacation some place other than Granite Falls...& so far from what I've seen, it looks like there will be plenty of family oriented things for my Sims.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited October 2020
    I'm not sure if anyone has posted this but they have a quiz on their official page which gives some hints on what you can do in this pack. I got trendy.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/quizzes/whats-your-snowy-escape
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I'm not sure if anyone has posted this but they have a quiz on their official page which gives some hints on what you can do in this pack. I got trendy.

Thanks for posting the link! I got immersive. I can't wait to see what cultural traditions are introduced. 😊
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    After Eco Lifestyle gross looking food,
    I'm so thankful for all the delicious looking food they have added to the game!
    Hopefully they keep increasing and improving the food and drinks!!
  • kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    I like the way it looks so far. I’ve been dying for an Asian themed world (and more diversity in general) so that’s welcome. I’m really interested in the lifestyles and sentiments. If done well I think they could be a game changer but if not ...
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    beville wrote: »
    After Eco Lifestyle gross looking food,
    I'm so thankful for all the delicious looking food they have added to the game!
    Hopefully they keep increasing and improving the food and drinks!!

The food added with the Hispanic update was pretty good so hopefully they'll keep it up.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member

I don't like quizzes but thanks for posting and adding that bit about the info in there, otherwise I would not have looked at it.
    I am hopeful regarding the addition of meaningful gameplay. I am one of the people who enjoyed the gameplay EL added, but that's not for all of my Sims. Just like not all of my Sims are in clubs or pursue an active career or become parents. Looks like November will be a big month for TS4.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
    edited October 2020

I don't like quizzes but thanks for posting and adding that bit about the info in there, otherwise I would not have looked at it.
    I am hopeful regarding the addition of meaningful gameplay. I am one of the people who enjoyed the gameplay EL added, but that's not for all of my Sims. Just like not all of my Sims are in clubs or pursue an active career or become parents. Looks like November will be a big month for TS4.

Yeah, the info is mostly in the questions and the information you get in the end, I got trendy so apparently there is chic snow gear, traditional festival attire, and stylish everyday wear. Maybe there will be a festival. It also apparently looks like there is a traditional and modern part of the town. I think we mostly got to see the traditional part of the town in the trailer.
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    edited October 2020
    Oh.My.God, I've been asking for a mountain world for years. Better personalities? Yes, please though it should be patched in the base game first. I just to know how this is going to work like I hope this is more than moodlets and texts with new animations and all that. Definitively a must buy for me (I'll have to wait until the next sale though).
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I'm really looking forward to this, slightly concerned about the personality thing but I think it'll be a smaller parenthood-style personality update, at least I hope, as I don't like sims personalities in versions 2-3, but the rest of this pack looks AMAZING! I hope it's similar to Island Living being a pack themed around a certain world, since IL is my all time favourite sims pack so far! Really excited about this one. Gonna bundle it with Nifty Knitting which I've been waiting on for ages haha!

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    This EP seems very nice. Perfect for the up coming holidays. For me that is. My plans are brewing.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    omg
    this is great
    see them plates underneath the sink? yey

y'all got bread?
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    omg
    this is great

It does look like it, but could also just be a swatch? One with, one without unmoveable clutter?? I hope we can!
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Man I'm looking forward to the food and hopefully we have hot chocolate because I don't think we have it in the game or I'm just missing it in general. Also snowboarding and skiing and sledding like that's great I feel it's more of a vacation world but I maybe surprised. Hopefully we do have a hotel or a resort of some sort. And I'm excited for the hot springs and the braided hairstyles and the toddler hair so cute.
    omg
    this is great

It does look like it, but could also just be a swatch? One with, one without unmoveable clutter?? I hope we can!

This tweet by SimGuruFrost seems to hint that those counters actually have deco spots below.

ozKzOSs.png
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member

I got laid back as my snowy escape shoot I'm here for it lol.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    There's a lot to be positive about this EP:

finally platforms!
    the personality system
    the world and it's various activities
    the use of both residential AND vacation rentals! (which I hope carries over to other worlds. Sulani needs a rental lot for vacationers)

This is one EP that I am interested in. And I haven't been for a long time.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    I think the last time I visited one of these threads was Discover University or RoM. Still worried about SE, but I'm plannijg on getting it on sale regardless.

I love the Japanese world, architecture and fashion. I also love snowboarding and skiing - sports have been a major want of mine since University. Aaaand I like how it feels like amplace full of culture and things to do, without having to tie yourself to a storyline or mission. It's great for normal, regular families that don't want to explore tombs and stuff.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top