Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Will You Do In Preparation for Snowy Escapes?

I am going to get rid of all my mods and have a vanilla game again.

Comments

• KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member

Certainly not that. I tried playing vanilla recently, couldn't do it.

I never really prepare for new packs. I'll start a new save if I want to do a spesific challenge or something, and I might or might not incorporate the new pack into that, like a rags2riches in Sulani, when IL was released. I'll hold back on updating the game until I see that most of my core mods are updated or have the all-clear.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »

I never really prepare for new packs. I'll start a new save if I want to do a spesific challenge or something, and I might or might not incorporate the new pack into that, like a rags2riches in Sulani, when IL was released. I'll hold back on updating the game until I see that most of my core mods are updated or have the all-clear.

All my mods are over 2 years old and I don't feel like updating them.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I'm not quite going to go modless, but I'm going to wait on reinstalling a few of them until after I've had a chance to play in the new pack and see how the lifestyles work. (Most of the rest are just tweaks to gameplay that shouldn't be impacted by the pack, but you never can tell.)
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member

Respect to you. I could never play the Sims 4 without my mods. It has some horrendous bad design choices that I use mods to fix.

As for my answer I’m just playing my family. The founding member is expecting a baby and I want it to be a child by the time the expansion releases so they can all go on vacation to the new world together and have snow fun.
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    I want to get my next legacy heir aged up to YA so I can maybe have her take a "gap year" of sorts in the new world before she goes to university.
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Build a gym with rock climbing walls and get my sims to practice :)
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member

I always play vanilla & I do have fun with it.

For this pack, I've already have Asian Sims that I've created as townies for quite some time, so, I hope that one day, when any of them are getting married to my existing households, I can finally let them live in the new world!
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Not much, typically. A lot of my new content prep requires the actual new content to update families and builds before I start playing.

However, I do have a family I am probably going to play to the second generation first. I have the former teens, now YAs, in university and they will make the perfect test family in the new world once they graduate with their significant others.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,941 Member
    edited October 2020
    Absolutely nothing

I've realized that my plans fall down anyway when i actually get new pack

but i do be trying to build my other worlds more while waiting to get it since i just know the second i buy that every build is gonna be japan themed for like next 2 months at least

and also because my goal is to have at least one save where i have built all lots myself
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    I've never prepared in any way for a new pack apart from making sure to have a few hours to explore it. I have recently started to make over Windenburg old town center buildings and will probably be busy with that until the new pack arrives.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Probably wait for my mods to update first before playing since I just cant do a vanilla game anymore. :D

I dont really build new lots or create new sims in preparation for a new pack, but seeing as how we can vacation there I definitely have a sim couple that I think should honeymoon there. I was originally going to send them to Salvadorada, but now this pack went and changed all that.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I'm just going to wing it.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »

All my mods are over 2 years old and I don't feel like updating them.

Very understandable :) You got my respect too, though, because I really can't play vanilla anymore. I get frustrated and give up.
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    nothing. first i am gonna check what awesome new gamebreaking bugs they introduce since well...EA... plus it is way too fast after the last useless packs they put out so it is probabely broken beyond belief since well...EA. but if it is finally fixed and working properly? yeah i'll consider it to do some crazy tricks on the board (if that is a thing...)
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Isharell wrote: »
    I'm just going to wing it.

Excellent - that cracked me up when I read it.
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I hope I get to actually play in the next month lol. However will just continue on my rotation game. I have a test game that will be used when the expansion is installed.
    I have about 5 game saves to lots of playing choice.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I played vanilla up to a month ago. So I can do it, I just don't like it much as I've found some mods I really like. I don't plan to buy on release, I'm going to wait until reviews are out, and see if I can hold out for a sale. So by then, the mods I use should be updated and the only preparation will be to switch the old ones for the updated versions.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    My preparation: Watch the forums.

I'm going to watch the forums for reactions to this pack more rabidly than I've watched for some time. I want to know about the personality/relationship changes. That is my preparation, because I only buy on sale, so I've got a while to wait. I didn't even buy the last pack, it sounds less like quirky fun and more like a complicated hot mess. Pleeeease EA, redeem this game! I want to love it so much!

*goes to build something*
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    I only play vanilla.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • inmyeyeinmyeye Posts: 396 Member
    edited October 2020
    Nothing...
    Post edited by inmyeye on
    “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).”
    ― Mark Twain
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I've already made a Japanese Empress that's sortof based on my Civilization game.
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I've already made a Japanese Empress that's sortof based on my Civilization game.

hich game of Civ has a Japanese empress? or do you mean Wu Zetian from civ 5? because she is Chinese..