Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

16 years ago...

Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
16 years ago the greatest game in the history of gaming was released! 🥰😁
You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.

Comments

• I spent all morning getting my Sims 2 games on discs to work on my Windows 10 PC, all of which are now running pretty well without crashes/glitches, and only afterwards did I realise what date it was. Coincidence of the year for me so far.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,402 Member
    I remember that day and how excited I was when I played TS4 for the first time!
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Happy Birthday Sims 2 I wasn't there at the beginning unfortunately but i sure appreciated the game when I found it some years later <3
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Lol~ I remember it well. :mrgreen::cookie:

You'd think I'd be tired of playing it by now. XD
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    happy birthday ! o:)
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • PotsaePotsae Posts: 79 Member
    What a historic moment <3 TS2 I love you. Always.
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    One of my best Sims memories is from the day I bought Sims 2 in 2006. I had heard of it and often saw screenshots from the game on gaming sites, and it made me more and more interested. So I bought the game, installed it, and I was hooked right away! It was so intuitive and fun that I stayed up all night. :blush:

I bought all the expansions and stuff packs and collected nice CC. When Sims 3 came out, I played that for a while, but then went back to Sims 2 that I continued playing for a year. Then I got a new computer and my old Sims 2 saves didn't work for some reason. Sims 3 got expansions that made it more and more fun, so I haven't played Sims 2 since then.

So, hm... I played Sims 2 for five years, and Sims 3 for 10 years and counting. :smile:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,093 Member
    Still playing. :smiley:
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    I still remember the day i played sims2 and how exited i was. It was massive improve from the sims <3 it's sooo long ago.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Shellyrae593Shellyrae593 Posts: 18 Member
    TS2 makes me feel very happy ☺
  • simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    Playing again and really liking the game!

It took quite a while to get hair that was good to add, and fixing graphics size and black shadow.
    I now have learned how to package families and lots also which is why I lost the games from way back then.

Still can't get my old neighborhood to show up that I had saved but I will keep looking for answers.

I also named a kid wrong and need to know how to fix that lol, I think that's a first for me.
    I saw girl but named her Joey Marshall ha ha
  • HowmanychairsHowmanychairs Posts: 32 Member
    Sims 2 is my favorite Sims game of them all. Every day I have more and more adoration for that game! Also, with age I like how the game stayed "frozen in time" because a lot of fashion, furniture and other stuff like that has 90s early 2000s feeling.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,093 Member
    edited October 2020
    simplyzoe wrote: »
    Playing again and really liking the game!

It took quite a while to get hair that was good to add, and fixing graphics size and black shadow.
    I now have learned how to package families and lots also which is why I lost the games from way back then.

Still can't get my old neighborhood to show up that I had saved but I will keep looking for answers.

I also named a kid wrong and need to know how to fix that lol, I think that's a first for me.
    I saw girl but named her Joey Marshall ha ha

I only really play female Sims, so they end up with male names from time to time just because I like the name. Sims don't care. But, it is possible to change the name in SimPE or FFS Lot Debugger. You can also use the Tombstone of Life and Death, which is spawned with boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true. It has a change Sim name option, though I've always used SimPE, so I don't know how well it works and if it causes any issues. I've only used it to make my lesbian couples have natural babies.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    man those were the days back when the sims 2 was exciting and new. i still love the game to this day. so many happy and exciting memories making sims and having a lot of familes and playing the game.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,125 Member
    I never played Sims 2 when it was new. I came into the franchise late into TS3. As many other have, I got the Ultimate Collection when it was free on Origin. I've been playing a little, mostly making my own neighborhood. For me it feels like a brand new game.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • MoonSimmer1MoonSimmer1 Posts: 24 Member
    One of the best Sims games. I never get bored of it! 🤗❤