Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members Club - Come On In!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Kpoi wrote: »
    Hello everyone!! I love playing TS3 and TS2.

My favorite expansion pack is probably generations! I love the interactions and how much life it brought to the game, not to mention extra things such as prom and imaginary friends (I love them, though many don't, which I can see why lol.)

Hello @kpoi :) I have posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say “ happy simming” again :) Generations is a great pack! It added many special features to the game.
  • oliv3oliv3 Posts: 106 Member
    Hi guys!! I'm Olive and thought I'd introduce myself! I've been a simmer since the TS1 and enjoy building!

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ?
    Generations or Seasons. Seasons adds a subtile vibe without being overpowering same with generations. I can get bored after a few days with just solely playing one pack such as Into the Future. Used to love University and Island Paradise, but it can get laggy for me.

2. What is your favorite thing about the game?
    Creative power it bestows on us simmers :)

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    Occasionally, I will use testingcheatsenabled true, so I can put their needs up. Also, motherlode here and there.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    SAVE SAVE SAVE. lol

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    Yes.
    Favorite thing: the ability to adjust the height of foundation without having to use a crap ton of cheats like the TS3 to do so.
    Least favorite: this may be the old soul in me, but for some unexplained reason, I don't like the graphics... it's too cheesy. Not to mention, you can't change design/color of items and you're just left to use the presets.
    oliv3 wrote: »
    Hi guys!! I'm Olive and thought I'd introduce myself! I've been a simmer since the TS1 and enjoy building!

Generations or Seasons. Seasons adds a subtile vibe without being overpowering same with generations. I can get bored after a few days with just solely playing one pack such as Into the Future. Used to love University and Island Paradise, but it can get laggy for me.

Creative power it bestows on us simmers :)

Occasionally, I will use testingcheatsenabled true, so I can put their needs up. Also, motherlode here and there.

SAVE SAVE SAVE. lol

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    Yes.
    Favorite thing: the ability to adjust the height of foundation without having to use a 🌺🌺🌺🌺 ton of cheats like the TS3 to do so.
    Least favorite: this may be the old soul in me, but for some unexplained reason, I don't like the graphics... it's too cheesy. Not to mention, you can't change design/color of items and you're just left to use the presets.

Hello @oliv3 :) I have posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say “ happy simming” again :)
    Seasons is a great pack! It is enjoyable seeing our sims experiencing the different weather conditions, and having fun doing seasonal activities. The changing landscape is lovely! :)
  • pinkrobinpinkrobin Posts: 110 Member
    Hi everyone! :)

Late Night and Seasons. LN because I like to play sims living in a big city with all the nightlife etc. Seasons because I think the different seasons and the changing weather contribute a lot to the game.

The open world and decorating the homes.

Testingcheatsenabled when it's really necessary. Occasionally with motherlode/kaching.

Nothing I can think of right now.

No. I downloaded the test version from Origin and after playing it I decided not to buy it since I was a bit disappointed (like no open world for example).
    EA ID: Praktrosella
    pinkrobin wrote: »
    Hi everyone! :)

Late Night and Seasons. LN because I like to play sims living in a big city with all the nightlife etc. Seasons because I think the different seasons and the changing weather contribute a lot to the game.

The open world and decorating the homes.

Testingcheatsenabled when it's really necessary. Occasionally with motherlode/kaching.

Nothing I can think of right now.

No. I downloaded the test version from Origin and after playing it I decided not to buy it since I was a bit disappointed (like no open world for example).

Helllo @pinkrobin :) Welcome to the forums!
    Late night and Seasons are great packs! It is lovely seeing our sims experiencing the different weather conditions, and enjoying doing the seasonal activities. The changing world landscapes are beautiful!
    I hope you will enjoy reading and posting on the forum threads.
    Happy simming! :)
  • pinkrobinpinkrobin Posts: 110 Member
    Thank you @rosemow! :smile:
    EA ID: Praktrosella
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member

It's been quite a while since I visited this thread. Just popping in to say 'hi' and 'welcome' to everyone.
    Wishing you lots of fun simmin and hoping to see you active on the forums :D
  • ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    It's been quite a while since I visited this thread. Just popping in to say 'hi' and 'welcome' to everyone.
    Wishing you lots of fun simmin and hoping to see you active on the forums :D

Hello there.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • MarisSimsMarisSims Posts: 17 Member
    Hi everyone,
    I am new to the forum. I've been a simmer for years and I'm really starting to warm up to Sims 4 these days. My favorites from the past would have to be Sims Life Stories and Castaway, I liked having a storyline to follow and goals to achieve. My favorite EP would probably be Apartment Life from Sims 2, I don't understand why they haven't used the same apartment system in games that came after. Sims 3 will always hold a special place in my heart. I miss the color wheel and open world.
    But I'm really having fun building and creating sims with Sims 4.
    MarisSims wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I am new to the forum. I've been a simmer for years and I'm really starting to warm up to Sims 4 these days. My favorites from the past would have to be Sims Life Stories and Castaway, I liked having a storyline to follow and goals to achieve. My favorite EP would probably be Apartment Life from Sims 2, I don't understand why they haven't used the same apartment system in games that came after. Sims 3 will always hold a special place in my heart. I miss the color wheel and open world.
    But I'm really having fun building and creating sims with Sims 4.

Hello @MarisSims :) I posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say “happy simmng” again :)
  • _PinkStarshine__PinkStarshine_ Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi everyone! <3
    It's nice to meet you all! I've been a simmer for a little while now, and have really enjoyed browsing the forums (yet never really posting anything, haha!) and really getting to know the community.

It's a tough choice! But two of my absolute favorites are Seasons (for both TS3 and TS4) and Cats and Dogs! I just love seeing time pass and all the seasonal activities my sims can do and holidays they can celebrate in Seasons. It makes the game much more immersive. I'm also a huge animal lover and actually bought the Sims 4 in a bundle with Cats and Dogs, being able to play with animals in such a cute town and having my sims work as veterinarians is just adorable. TS4 Parenthood is also a favorite, playing legacies is one of my favorite things on the sims and the family dynamics in that GP are fantastic! (Oh and DU & IL come in at close favorites too, haha)

The fact that it can be anything to anyone! Sims games are incredibly versatile and they let people express themselves however their hearts desire. It's lovely to see storytellers, builders, cas artists, cc creators, modders, and all sorts of different people come together in one community because of common love for a game!

Almost always. Testingcheats on and testingcheatsenabled true are always enabled (especially if there's toddlers in the household). bb.moveobjects on, cas.fulleditmode on, bb.showhiddenobjects, and motherlode are present in pretty much every save I've ever started, unless I'm purposefully trying to do a no-cheats save.

With bb.moveobjects on already enabled, press the alt key (or option key if you're on mac), and ignore the grid when furnishing houses! Also, save the game constantly haha. Sims can do the craziest things when you're not paying attention.

Yes! I actually started with the Sims 4 and then tried the Sims 3, love them both equally! I'd have to say one of my favorite things about the Sims 4 is its graphics and all the adorable secret details the Sims team has carefully hidden in the game. (And of course, the amazing new CAS) My least favorite thing would probably be that no matter how early I wake them, my sims are never on time for their jobs because they're too busy eating but that's about it.
    Helllo @_PinkStarshine_ :) It is nice to meet you.
    Seasons and Cats and Dogs packs are very nice!Sims cats and dogs are cute!it is very nice seeing our sims experiencing the different weather conditions and doing seasonal activities.
    The cheats that you use are very helpful both in gameplay and when building builds.
    It is great that you play both Sims 3 and Sims 4 and enjoy them both. All versions of simming are enjoyable and fun! You would enjoy deciding which version to play that day.
  • HolaheyeHolaheye Posts: 88 Member
    -

Hi everyone! I recently got obsessed with The Sims 3 after not playing for a while and wanted to participate in the forums. I got introduced to this series by the original game and loved it ever since.

My favorite expansion pack is World Adventures. I love pretty much everything in this EP; the gorgeous worlds, the tombs, the relic collections, the new skills... I also love Island Paradise, just wish the world that came with it wasn't as laggy as much.

House building, definitely. I love building houses for my Sims to live in.

Yes, but I don't play with money cheats as much anymore. The cheat that I use the most is moveobjects for house decorating. Sometimes, I use buydebug to mess with the tomb objects.

One trick I usually use in my houses is for the indoor lamps. I like changing the lamp color to flame, it gives a warm feeling to the room.

I have Sims 4 (only the base game - if was free at one time), but I have never played it. I really like the open world & customization of The Sims 3 and I don't want to give up on those features.
    Holaheye wrote: »
    -

Hi everyone! I recently got obsessed with The Sims 3 after not playing for a while and wanted to participate in the forums. I got introduced to this series by the original game and loved it ever since.

My favorite expansion pack is World Adventures. I love pretty much everything in this EP; the gorgeous worlds, the tombs, the relic collections, the new skills... I also love Island Paradise, just wish the world that came with it wasn't as laggy as much.

House building, definitely. I love building houses for my Sims to live in.

Yes, but I don't play with money cheats as much anymore. The cheat that I use the most is moveobjects for house decorating. Sometimes, I use buydebug to mess with the tomb objects.

One trick I usually use in my houses is for the indoor lamps. I like changing the lamp color to flame, it gives a warm feeling to the room.

I have Sims 4 (only the base game - if was free at one time), but I have never played it. I really like the open world & customization of The Sims 3 and I don't want to give up on those features.

Hello @Holaheye :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you are back simming again and enjoying playing Sims 3. World Adventures is a great pack! It is very enjoyable having our sims visiting and exploring the worlds!
    Building homes is a very special part of simming! It is great and fun way of expressing our creativity through the game! It is very nice seeing our sims living in homes we have built and furnished for them.
    Your tip about the indoors lamps is great! It would give a very nice look and feel to the room.
  • LadyZombie2010LadyZombie2010 Posts: 5 New Member
    I have a quick question (Hope it's fine to ask here) I was gifted an item and it will not allow me to download it. When I went to the "product details" page, it just gave me the option to buy it not download it. How can I claim my gift?
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    I have a quick question (Hope it's fine to ask here) I was gifted an item and it will not allow me to download it. When I went to the "product details" page, it just gave me the option to buy it not download it. How can I claim my gift?

Are you accessing the product through The Sims 3 website ... https://www.thesims3.com/exchange

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA

Hello @LadyZombie2010 :) Welcome to the forums!
    Try logging into the Sims 3 site, then click the button at the top that is labelled “ store” , then from the drop down menu click on “my store account” then “ purchase history” and your gifted item should then be listed there for you to download.
  • LadyZombie2010LadyZombie2010 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Hello @LadyZombie2010 :) Welcome to the forums!
    > Try logging into the Sims 3 site, then click the button at the top that is labelled “ store” , then from the drop down menu click on “my store account” then “ purchase history” and your gifted item should then be listed there for you to download.

I will try it. Thank you!
    > @rosemow said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Hello @LadyZombie2010 :) Welcome to the forums!
    > Try logging into the Sims 3 site, then click the button at the top that is labelled “ store” , then from the drop down menu click on “my store account” then “ purchase history” and your gifted item should then be listed there for you to download.

I will try it. Thank you!

You’re welcome :)
  • vnjamcatvnjamcat Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi all! I'm a casual simmer, but I figured I'd go ahead and post on here. I only had Sims 1 for awhile, until a few years ago when I got Sims 3 as a gift. I'll go ahead and take a crack at these questions:

I like pretty much all of them, although I can live without into the future and showtime. I probably appreciate supernatural and generations the most for how many new options they provide.

How many different options you have! The phrase "paralysis of freedom" definitely applies here, but I love it!

Yup, money cheats all the time! I get bored too easily without the freedom having lots of cash gives you.

Nothing at the moment, I'm still pretty new.

I have it because I picked it up when it was free a little while ago but I haven't played it. I like a few of the things like the broader character design options but otherwise I like Sims 3 better.
    vnjamcat wrote: »
    Hi all! I'm a casual simmer, but I figured I'd go ahead and post on here. I only had Sims 1 for awhile, until a few years ago when I got Sims 3 as a gift. I'll go ahead and take a crack at these questions:

I like pretty much all of them, although I can live without into the future and showtime. I probably appreciate supernatural and generations the most for how many new options they provide.

How many different options you have! The phrase "paralysis of freedom" definitely applies here, but I love it!

Yup, money cheats all the time! I get bored too easily without the freedom having lots of cash gives you.

I have it because I picked it up when it was free a little while ago but I haven't played it. I like a few of the things like the broader character design options but otherwise I like Sims 3 better.

Hello @vnjamcat :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that we have many options when simming! There are so many special parts of simming! We can enjoy creating sims, building and furnishing homes and venues, and enjoy playing our household to see what happens next in the lives of our sims!
    Money cheats are often very helpful!
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member

Welcome new simmers! Do also consider popping into the Builders section of the forums and share pics and links to your creations 😀
  • TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    vnjamcat wrote: »

Welcome to the sims! Glad you are enjoying the sims 3, but you skipped over the very best sims game ever, "The Sims 2". I hope you get a chance to go back to it someday <3
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • emilyofspielburgemilyofspielburg Posts: 48 Member
    Hi, I'm Emily! Longtime lover of Sims franchise.

I only own Generations and WA. Generations is my favorite of the two. I would love to own Pets, Ambitions, Seasons, Supernatural.

Raising a new legacy Sim, seeing their personality come out, redecorating, Sim makeovers, dumpster diving.

I try not to use cheatcodes often but I will use edit Sim to give my Sim an allover makeover when they age up. Sometimes I will also give a makeover to a stray townie. I like using ResetSim (one time 10+ Sims were trapped outside the diner like a Sims traffic jam, had to reset them all so they could go home and my Sim could get untrapped). Recently discovered "buydebug on", added some foreign fruit trees, incense holders, and martial arts training tools to my Sims lot without having to travel.

Having your Sim read development toddler books (all except Jimmy Sprocket series) at the library to jumpstart their skills. I also got a tablet from the Sims store and have one for everyone in the family. With the tablet, doing homework on the tablet is fun and fast, they can read any book in the family bookshelf without carrying the physical book, they can listen to podcast to build skills while multi-tasking (being at work, sleeping, building other skills).

I have Sims 4 but Sims 3 is my favorite. I prefer the look of and gameplay in Sims 3. I haven't played Sims 4 much, it reminds me of Sims 2 and feels more limited than Sims 3 imho. I do like how Sims 4, your Sim has more moods (flirty, playful) based on what's happening in their environment but it made my Sims more moody and hard to navigate.
    Formerly The Master Thief of Riverview, currently a ghost. Beloved wife of world renowned surgeon Dr. Jebediah Wilson, mother to Caroline and Brady. My descendants know how to creep because of me. | Trash to Treasure Gameplay

https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=embuggy