Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It looks like Snowy Escapes is bringing a personality overhaul!

Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
I am very intrigued by this bit of the blog posting because it looks like we’re getting an overhaul to the personalities, finally!
lpHXCxk.jpg

Edited to add from further down in this thread:

Post edited by Pamtastic72 on

Comments

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Yeah but why is it tied to a pack? Hopefully we get a patched version of it...
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I sure hope it doesn't mean we need to pay just for Sims to have actual personalities... hopefully it's a free update thing.
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    TS2 had personality systems in its EP, so I'm not entirely surprised.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    It'll probably come in a free update. Yay !!
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Should be in the BASE GAME, not in a pack!
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    TS2 had personality systems in its EP, so I'm not entirely surprised.
    I can let that slide cause Sims 2 Sims actually had personalities in the first place.
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    my guess is that something similar will be patched but the pack itself will have more to it then without it.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

My thoughts exactly.

Also, if this thread is going to be about the same thing as this one (sorry we made them at +- the same time, so I didn't see it), feel free to merge them @EA_Mai (or whoever does that nowadays :)).
  • Options
    All will be revealed in time I guess. But I for one will be super happy if the sims become a bit more individual in their behavior however that comes about. I was disappointed because it looks like no hotels in this, but this blunts that disappointment a bit.
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »

My thoughts exactly.

Also, if this thread is going to be about the same thing as this one (sorry we made them at +- the same time, so I didn't see it), feel free to merge them @EA_Mai (or whoever does that nowadays :)).

Great minds I guess. :)
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I'll hold out first. Most likely, they'll just manifest as optional talking options, moodlet modifiers or throwing in a few idle animations. If they work at all, and aren't bugged to high heavens.

If they patch this into the base game, I'd be more positive. That would show that they want to continue developing the mechanic outside of this pack and keep working on it.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I am very intrigued by this bit of the blog posting because it looks like we’re getting an overhaul to the personalities, finally!
    lpHXCxk.jpg

This would make me reinstall TS4.
    I am very intrigued by this.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited October 2020
    I guess that will come in a free update
    CK213 wrote: »
    lpHXCxk.jpg

you and me both
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    lpHXCxk.jpg

you and me both

you two & me as well, but those changes better come in the pre patch.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Awesome. This makes me even more excited for this pack. I hope this improvement will be available for those that don’t want the pack though.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    lpHXCxk.jpg

you and me both

Sure, that way they can freely improve upon it.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Though I'd be annoyed if at least some of it isn't patched into BG, I still think it's a step in the right direction. Maybe enough time has passed since that survey about depth for the devs to start actually adding them to the game. Hopefully we'll see a lot of improvement of sims' personalities, memories and relationships. And even if this is the only type of memory system we'll be getting for a while, it will still lay the foundation for later improvement.

They did mention graveyards, so maybe we'll be getting improved death, mourning and the lot type. And I think platforms will be patched into BG, so there's another highly requested feature. It seems promising.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member

My thoughts exactly.

It's @EA_Leeloo , EA Mai is no longer moderating the forums.

Yeah, I hope that they will patch it in as well, I don't understand why they would do a personality overhaul and limit it to one pack so they can't add it to more packs and things that they will add to the game.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    logion wrote: »

My thoughts exactly.

It's @EA_Leeloo , EA Mai is no longer moderating the forums.

Yeah, I hope that they will patch it in as well, I don't understand why they would do a personality overhaul and limit it to one pack so they can't add it to more packs and things that they will add to the game.

Thanks for letting me know, I haven't been around much lately :blush:
  • Options
    Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    ^^neither have the mods :D
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    lpHXCxk.jpg

you and me both

"Define your lifestyle" is listed as one of the key features, so I seriously doubt that it would be patched in free. Personally I'm just really happy they're doing some personality improvements, will take these over hotels any day!
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    My hope is that the Lifestyles feature will be tied only to actions your sims take and choices your sims make while you are actively playing them.

For example, we're all familiar with the endless fishing discussions, and the way that suddenly every sim in town is level 10 in fishing because that's all they ever want to discuss with each other. I don't want to see those sorts of factors influencing my sims Lifestyles. Particularly as a rotational player, it's annoying enough to see my sims engaging in behaviors all over town that don't make sense for my story for them, and don't even fit the CAS traits I chose for them. I can ignore it to a certain extent now, but if those random autonomous actions start to change their hardwired personalities at a deeper level, to the point that it severely impacts them, then I'm going to be very, very unhappy.

That being said, IF the Lifestyles feature is only based on the actions taken while you are actively playing your sim-- or if there's at least some sort of toggle for it-- then I think it sounds very intriguing.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    lpHXCxk.jpg

you and me both

"Define your lifestyle" is listed as one of the key features, so I seriously doubt that it would be patched in free. Personally I'm just really happy they're doing some personality improvements, will take these over hotels any day!

we don't know yet what it's about but if it's a personality overhaul it can very well be in the pre patch, as it should be. then if they want to adapt it to the ep go ahead. we shouldn't get used to devs hiding essential features under paywalls, or you rather wait till the day you have to pay to get pools in your game?
  • Options
    SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
    Sounds good to me! Hopefully it's not the last EP/GP that also focuses on the sims themselves and not only on other aspects of the game.
    Z5yqGx5.png