Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lifespan

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    I play with aging off:)
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited October 2020
    Long
    In my main rotational save I play mostly long, but I sometimes tune it - especially for less played families. It's funny to think I used to play normal, but now I don't think I could. Oh I also play toddlerhood on normal.
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited October 2020
    Long
    I play with either long aging or aging off. For my story save, I turned aging off because the story wasn't ready for everyone to age but it'll be turned on again at some point. My other saves are on long aging. Normal is just way too short. My Not So Berry is on hiatus but I played normal aging on there and everyone dies so fast!
  • Options
    LeaselmaryLeaselmary Posts: 108 Member
    Long
    I play at long. But I allow aging for all playable sims and switch between... 20 families or so. Wouldn't mind even longer lifespan.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited October 2020
    Long
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Same as @AnnLee87 - manual aging
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    Mixture
    I still don't understand why The Sims 4 can't implement player customization of lifespans.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    Long
    DocPrivas wrote: »
    I play with aging off. I usually age the sims myself when I feel like they are ready. I never age my favourite sims to elder though, I'm too attached to them.

I have lost so many of my favorite Sims, but I have another solution. I am the Queen of Restarts! I always keep a skilled version of my favorite base family in my library. Yeah, I've had some pretty unfortunate things happen along the way forcing a restart. But, it's all good. Things rarely progress the same way, twice and it's nice to play around with just which Sim will end up marrying said special Sim. So, my current Global Superstar has in reality married several different females and has had at least one son in each version. Last version, he married a YA who had a daughter already before her husband up and left her to raise the child alone. My Rock Star was totally in love with a different Sim, prior to meeting her, but it was player error that caused that Sim to be swept out of my game, as if she never existed. It was either delete the game save, or start over. The EL patch answered that question for me. I was forced into a new game save, as even updated mods weren't functioning! :open_mouth: This last time around with the JTB patch, I discovered that removing my Mods folder and reinstalling the mods, as they were updated, fixed any problems in the current save. Go figure, right?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Long
    I switched to long lifespan when I realized my sim children and teens needed more time so they could experience all the holidays. I think the ideal combination is long lifespan and 14-day seasons. I currently have 28-day seasons running, but I just realized a kid will only get to experience a given holiday once throughout their life from toddlerhood through teenhood. So I’m definitely switching back to 14-day seasons so they can live through at least two summer vacations, winterfests, etc.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I turn it off. I spend a lot of time on them so I don't want them to die quickly. It can take me several months before I even age them up.
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Mixture
    I put mixture because it depends on what im playing. Right now Im doing the Not So Berry challenge and thats on normal. If Im playing my main sims save my sims are usually immortal.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Long
    Long, but I play with aging off most of the time.
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Long
    I invest too much into my sims to just let them age up and die. I am a merciful god
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    Mixture
    I’ve been playing on Normal for a majority of my Sims 4 play through, but I’ve recently switched over to Long to try and take things a bit more “organically” as opposed to a constant grind in skills/job, etc.

• Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Long
    Long /aging off
  • Options
    FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    Long
    Since I bought Seasons, I play Long lifespan. It matches perfectly with 28 days season length.

Some saves I prefer to use Normal lifespan to try to match 14 days season length, but in that case my Sims will always use the Life Potion to live twice their lifespan days. :)
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Long
    Long/Aging for only the current household! Since I play rotationally and all of that stuff.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    NetflixianHereNetflixianHere Posts: 18 Member
    Normal
    I'm constantly deleting saved games so I can save a new game, so I play on normal. Not to short, not to long, just enough for me to play through it before I have the urge to create another. Sometimes normal is even too long for me, so I end up having to decide if making a new game is that important or to save the game I already made.