Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of Snowy Escape EP?

GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
The teaser trailer for the new Snowy Escape expansion pack was released a few days ago and now the gameplay trailer has been released!

If you haven’t seen it, the teaser trailer is here...

https://youtu.be/MwOpX9pWsdU

If you haven’t seen it, the gameplay trailer is here...

https://youtu.be/M5VfDtqNMTQ

EA have also released an interactive map of Mt. Komorebi, the new world that comes with Snowy Escape, found here:

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/packs/expansion-packs/the-sims-4-snowy-escape/interactive-map

What are your thoughts from what we know so far?
Post edited by GalaxySimsGirl on

What do you think of Snowy Escape EP? 320 votes

I can’t wait!!
42%
Akl500Pauroraael14Sara1010PIcewolfbouramamaalan650111IceyJlakireLilDramaMama6892Bluebeard45JueJueAngel_mixMi9shaoscarIsb917keekee53asimbsimSageRainWillowmercuryfoamsimgirl1010DJQ1308 137 votes
It looks pretty good
32%
DannydanboBluegaylebshag4lvKita5399Goth583GalacticGalYunaalexspoom13Omri147dreamergrl84love7680HowGreatThouArtCamkatakirabauschMylitababajayneelanorbretonBeardedgeekxdawnxPaigeisin5 104 votes
Okay / I’m not really bothered
7%
Zacharysam123freindlylolApparentlyAwesomeCinebarSirenLuminoskemowerySk8rblazebixterskristenleighwhitebenson2006ironknight35BMSOMsbubbles26garapoesdomina89ClaimingTheFifthVivi_WillowTreeSimDestroyerEvie0602 25 votes
I’ll buy it in a sale
11%
GoldmoldarCabelle1863Colorist40EvilWitch83MelisendreAlrynnCynnaszajkaMariefoxprice83TiipiijimbbqDarkLady2788gamekittenFelicityDragonAge_300905troshalomgraventhemannannaDevilNDisguisekinot9229 38 votes
Definitely not buying
3%
ZhakiraPmcorraldrake_mccartyFelice_EnellenDragonCat159wormstache999luxsylvanStrawberryYogurtsmurfy77PotsaeClousinatorsBastet 12 votes
If it comes with... (comment)
1%
LustianiciaAineSeanBobbyGWerescythe 4 votes

Comments

• alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    it looks so cool. i cant wait to get this pack
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I’ll buy it in a sale
    It looks fine so far. I kind of like it. I hope there will be lots of gameplay for children and toddlers.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    I'm loving the look of it so far! I'm sooo reluctant to actually be hopeful or excited because of the recent release disappointments/bugs etc. But if it's done well it could be a really great pack. Loving the look of snowboarding, skiing and sledging!
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    At first, I was really confused as to why this was considered an EP. Snow? Mountain climbing? Zen? Long walks and bugs (the living kind)? The world and building stuff look amazing, the mountain activities, onsen etc might be fun, and I'm glad they thought of children in this one (they can at least go sliding), but the trailer made it look like a game pack. But then I read the page on EA's website talking about Lifestyles that change a sims' actions and habits and Sentiments built by sharing experiences with other sims, and I'm very intrigued. I don't want to say instantly that I'll buy it, as I'd like to see more before deciding, but I'm certainly interested. I just wish the trailer somehow made it clear that Lifestyles and Sentiments are coming. Without that information, I'm expecting a lot of people to complain before they get the whole picture.
  • GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    asimbsim wrote: »
    I'm loving the look of it so far! I'm sooo reluctant to actually be hopeful or excited because of the recent release disappointments/bugs etc. But if it's done well it could be a really great pack. Loving the look of snowboarding, skiing and sledging!

I’m hoping that it will be better than other packs because one of the SimGurus said that it was made with the input of some sim YouTubers
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    Take my money now.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    It looks pretty good
    I was hoping fora hotel/resort system but it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen in this pack :/ . But, it still looks pretty awesome so I am planning on buying it.
  • SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member
    If it comes with... (comment)
    Only will be buying if theres hotels ... not interested in anything i saw really
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I guess I wanted more, because I wasn't blown away. Maybe because it kind of split the focus where I had wanted a snow world and an Asian world, that the combo looked like it neglected both concepts.

Anyway, there are some things I really like: snow, hot springs, tatami, and hot pot (which better not be just deco). There are also still some mysteries so I am not going to judge it too harshly just yet, but it certainly did not set my world on fire.
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    It looks pretty good
    It looks cool but I lost the ability to be excited for Sims 4 packs.
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    It looks really nice! I love japanese culture. I will definitely move my japanese sim family to Mt. Komorebi!
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    It looks pretty good
    It's awesome to see these.
    I am wondering why the Japanese setting was chosen as when I think about cold winter mountains, places like Finland come to my mind. Not complaining though as it is an interesting place. I'd really like to see how the world is different from others.

I'm happy to see more winter clothing for sims, but I hate winter clothing that have zippers open. I have so little to choose for sims as some has zippers open in front and when I imagine having zippers open, I would think I'd immediately freeze to death. As someone who lives in a contry where winters are terribly cold, I hate cold and the thought of leaving zippers on winterwear open or just wearing sweaters outdoors during winter. Sorry about the mini-rant. I really liked how the winterwear was in The Sims 3 as there was so much clothing that had zippers closed in front. Same with The Sims 2. I really don't care about fashion...

Anyway, can't wait to learn more about the pack!
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    This ep actually looks worth the price imo! There was so much in that trailer to take in! Very excited :smiley:
  • tatselktatselk Posts: 519 Member
    It looks pretty good

The visual side of things look really great! But I'm still on the fence about the gameplay bit. The new Lifestyles and Sentiments features (https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201020005847/en/) sound intriguing but I'm not sure how they will actually play out...
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    It looks pretty good
    It looks pretty good, but looks can be deceiving so I’ll wait for more info. I don’t currently have Sims installed (trying to download on an external hard drive) so I’m in no rush. I can wait a bit before buying it....
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Meh, looks alright. Still doesn't feel EP material to me.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    This looks like it is a lot of fun content
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I’ll buy it in a sale
    It looks really good but I'll probably wait till it's on sale.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    It looks pretty good
    Well one thing is for sure, if they actually put lifestyles and sentiments behind a paywall of tens of dollars that is horsepoop and super greedy.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I’ll buy it in a sale
    Not enough content for me to justify the price and they missed the chance of including hotels.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    EgonVM wrote: »
    It's awesome to see these.
    I am wondering why the Japanese setting was chosen as when I think about cold winter mountains, places like Finland come to my mind.

Japan is home to some of the world's top ski resorts, and host of two Winter Olympic Games.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    I’ll buy it in a sale
    I love Japanese clothing and architecture, so this is a must-have for me. But unless the rest of the pack's content is fleshed out enough, I'll wait to buy it on sale. The world is not enough.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    I am going to use capslock for my excitement and this is not shouting or angry i just want to give a warning XD

THIS PACK HAS NEW PERSONALITY SYSTEM OR FEATURE THAT MATCHES ONE OF THE SURVEY OPTIONS FROM JANUARY OF THISYEARRRRRRR!! THE ONE WITH THEE SHARED EXPERIENCE THINGY WITHIN. SIMS AND ANOTHER ABOUT LIFESTYLE AND I AM HYPEDDDDDDDDDDD. Everything IS JUST A CHERRY ON TOP FOR ME 😂😂😂
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    Also there is Snow Depth 😅😅
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited October 2020
    It looks pretty good
    It looks like it could be great! I see some subtle split-leveling in there, am I wrong or is that hard to do now? I gave up trying a long time ago. Maybe there’s a build update for that?

The option for seating on the floor is also a nice touch.