Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Little features you’d like to see brought back

This is the thread for the minor elements of the game you’d like to see return.

Things I miss:
Rabbitholes like the Bistro, ones where there were chance cards for stuff like ambrosia.

Canes for elders. I just thought they were neat, and it’d be a nice change from the sad hunched over elders we have now.

Omni plants. Maybe they could do an aspiration for them? The aspirations in TS4 do feel a bit like the quest chains from TS3, so it wouldn’t feel that out of place. I really want to be able to grow fish on a bush again, it was pretty funny.

Learning recipes from the TV. I thought it was neat that sims could learn how to make things by watching the cooking channel. It makes more sense than “now that I’ve eaten a bowl of ramen I understand how to make it” or whatever.

The board breaker. It was neat being able to farm gemstones like that instead of needing to search everywhere for them.

Comments

• redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    edited October 2020
    I am not a huge fan of the "Rabbit hole" I felt they were lazy in terms of service and retail spaces considering owning a business is more fun when there is interaction. I didn't mind them for the following

1. Work Spaces like the Office Buildings, City Hall, Military Base, Hospital, University Class Buildings, Schools
    2. The Vault of Antiquity as was rarely used
    3. Sports Arena

I 100% agree about the canes.

I had a thought about what other things I would really like back.

1. Grocery store with Veggie & Fruit Bins, freezer cases an NPC cashier
    2. The visual of handing Simoleans to clerks
    3. If a Sim goes out in the bright Sun during the summer they shade their eyes with their hand
    4. Watering houseplants
    5. Cemeteries
    6. School Buildings besides the University ones
    7. Teaching a Teen to drive
    8. Stealing a bite from another Sims plate
    9. The wandering Minstrel from Sims 2 at the fine dining places

Post edited by redrogue60 on
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Proper Ambience background audio for Sims who go to work.

Business : phone rings, Sims talking in a cubicle, stapler noise, spilled drink
    Doctor : uh.. Receptionist calling patient, ambulance sirene, newborn baby crying, medical equipments beep
    Athlete: athletic/exercise related ambience sound stuff

Etc
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    Slow dance.
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    izecson wrote: »

Doctor : uh.. Receptionist calling patient, ambulance sirene, newborn baby crying, medical equipments beep

Etc

I think I follow. Do you mean like when the Sim enters and exits the building or when you scroll over it?
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    redrogue60 wrote: »
    izecson wrote: »

Etc

I think I follow. Do you mean like when the Sim enters and exits the building or when you scroll over it?

In Sims 3 it is when your Sims enter the building and your camera is nearby that building, for Sims 4 the audio could play when you control Sims who are in rabbithole career.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Ok little things would have to be small animations for me like Sims cuddling in bed, opening the dishwasher no telekinesis powers, grabbing bowls pans and utensils out of drawers while cooking, in game clocks telling the time like they did in past games.

I also don't want my fridge to have a endless supply of food either give me the option to pay to restock or be able to go shopping to fill it up.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    candyboot wrote: »
    Slow dance.

yes please thats on the top of my list
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    oh I could go on forever about small things i miss but I'll start with obvious
    - couple dancing (x100)
    - sims having to make their bed and beds getting messy after use
    -cleaning being a skill
    -being able to not own a phone (&having landline phones option)
    -hula zombies sending my sims to afterlife
    -also having hula btw.
    -having to feed fish and clean tank
    -having to water plants and plants dying if you don't do that
    -yoga everywhere ( since its now tied to that specific mat and i sort of wish it wasn't

- lots of activities that sims would just do anywhere like carving pumpkins sitting on living room floor
    instead of having ''pumpkin carving station'' or whatever I just feel my sims houses can't ever be big enough to have separate stations and machines for everything on earth

- ridiculous furniture styles and build mode items and cas items and just the overall fun stuffs like that cause sims 4 is too much of a perfect house + model life simulator

like oh man if i could just have some circus roofs or bad teen fashions or inflatable pink chairs of horror again i would be so pleased
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    - lots of activities that sims would just do anywhere like carving pumpkins sitting on living room floor
    instead of having ''pumpkin carving station'' or whatever I just feel my sims houses can't ever be big enough to have separate stations and machines for everything on earth

Yes, it would be great if they added all such interactions to furniture already in game like tables and counters. We should be able to play cards on any table not just the games table.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I miss School buildings, work offices buildings, grocery stores, cops bringing your teen home if they were out past curfew, the school bus.....
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Sims facing each other when they talk. I despise this over the shoulder chatting.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »

Yes, it would be great if they added all such interactions to furniture already in game like tables and counters. We should be able to play cards on any table not just the games table.

yes especially game tables ah the frustrations when you have perfectly good dining table for many sims and yet you need a separate one for games
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • LeaselmaryLeaselmary Posts: 108 Member
    From sims 2:
    Cuddling in bed.
    Slow dance.
    Surprise proposal at the table.
    And cas registers from Open for Business.

From Sims 3:
    Toddlers playing inside the toy box.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Another thing I miss is computer chess. It would br nice to not have to own a chessboard, especially since the other logic skill objects are huge, and sims in this game hate reading.

I also miss how reading and chatting on the computer were actions sims wouldn’t just randomly stop doing just because. Skills like flower arranging are already tedious enough, it’d be nice if they could get through at least a few early levels from the skill books without putting them down every half page.
  • Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    Really I want more of TS1's music to come back. Then again, I want a mod that allows me to change the Build/Buy music to the Sims 1's, so maybe I'm just biased.
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    Sims facing each other when they talk. I despise this over the shoulder chatting.

I've seen this mentioned by other people but my Sims always walk to the front of the person to talk to them. They did the "over the shoulder" or back to back talking in TS3 but I don't see my Sims doing that in TS4. (But I do make sure that there is plenty of room for them to get around. I don't care for crowded houses.)
  • DarlingS0ngBirdDarlingS0ngBird Posts: 13 New Member
    Runaway teens
    A chance of a tv falling of the wall ;D
    proposals at tables
    more toddler to child socials
    Kids Activities: Cops and robbers, jump rope, tag, etc
    Teen acne
    just watch all three of onlyabidoang's 50 Fun Details Not in TS4 or TS3 videos.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    KatAnubis wrote: »
    Camkat wrote: »

I've seen this mentioned by other people but my Sims always walk to the front of the person to talk to them. They did the "over the shoulder" or back to back talking in TS3 but I don't see my Sims doing that in TS4. (But I do make sure that there is plenty of room for them to get around. I don't care for crowded houses.)

They've plenty of space, they just refuse to walk around the other sim or the other sim refuses to turn around, I don't know which it is.

Alternatively, I never had this issue in TS3! :D
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Goose
    Make out standing up
    Slow dance
    Asking father/mother permission to marry.
    Cuddling on bed
    Cuddling in bed while sleeping
    Kids sleeping wildly on their bed
    Kids playing tag, ms. Mary mack
    Marco polo
    The wedding decorations from cake to dresses from both Sims 2 and 3.
    The parties invitation from Sims 3.
    Food judging table in Sims 2
    Kids doing ballet on the bar
    Sims playing in a band
    Strollers
    Canes
    Vechiles
    Burglars

• bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited October 2020
    apart of everything that's been mentioned already:
    - hair physics (would be cool to have clothes physics as well)
    - relaxing, reading a book, daydreaming, etc on the bed
    - lounging on the sofa
    - pretty much more interaction with the world they're in like sims 2. the most popular example being how in ts2 sims do actually use the counters instead of magically making appear things on their hands. these kind of details may be useless for some but sometimes i just loved doing nothing, watching my sim doing their things alone and be amused at they way they would do so.
    - that little window that popped in the bottom right corner when another sim was heading to the house door. it was rather fun seeing the grim reaper walking to the door to pick up my dead sim lol.
    - being able to go shopping to get new clothes & food
    - when you clicked for an interaction the selected sim's face would appear in the middle of the menu. i liked it.
    etc
    someone mentioned onlyabidoang sims 1, 2&3 details videos, i recommend them as well :)