Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Freezer Bunny Club - A Reading Circle

Comments

• mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    Thanks @Duvelina and @_sims_Yimi . Will post questions in a bit.

@_sims_Yimi Naw, take your time. My brain's mush at the moment anyway. :lol:
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    11 to 12 works for me. Thanks everyone for your patience. It's evaluation season at work for me and I'm dealing with a lot of issues with a supervisor. I'm beyond frustrated and exhausted.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited October 2020
    Thanks @AdamsEve1231 . @Everyone here are the story questions.

General
    1.Do you think the warnings are adequate? Should I be more explicit?
    2.Any questions? Thoughts? Rants? Better in than out. :)

End of Chapter 11
    1.What do you think of the way Curtis handled Athena’s wellbeing?
    2.Do you think Curtis’s character is realistic based on everything you know of him now?
    3.Lucian’s view of the world. What do you think of it?
    4.At this point, do you think Curtis can still be pardoned by the law? Why/not?

End of 12.2
    1. Do you think it is realistic that Curtis would find Athena attractive and vice versa? What do you think of the pace of their romance? Is it believable?
    2. Curtis’s point of view was never shown until recently. Is it realistic to you that Curtis has suicidal ideations? What about his discard of them here?

End of 12.4
    1.What do you think of Kian? What about his relationship with Curtis and Athena?
    2. What do you think of Athena's feelings and choices? Do they make sense of you?
    3.What are your predictions for the trio in the next chapter?
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Ooooof I'm going to read @AdamsEve1231's last arc and answer the questions and then I'll start on those for @mercuryfoam. I'm having a bomb of schoolwork right now and all of those teachers are like 'hehehehehe the deadline is in 2 days!!!!' and I just can't handle it anymore and can't find the motivation to do it xD But I finally got a moment of silence again, so now I can read. Ahhhhh.
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    @AdamsEve1231 yessss here they are!
    Arc 14
    Chapter 1.40
    Were you surprised by Andi? Did her choices and justifications feel out of character or typical for a young teenage girl?
    It was not like Andi at all, being so dressed up like that. I always saw her as the cute little one, but well, at least she was wearing slippers a moment after xD Where did she got those from? I guess somewhere it’s typical teenager style to behave like you want to look older.

Do you think Kass and Andi should tell their mamma about their boyfriends?
    Eventually, yes, but I don’t think the right moment is now.

Chapter 1.41
    Did you like how I expanded on the Bachelor family (townies) or did it detract from the story?
    I still don’t care about it too much, because I don’t have things with families outside of a story a lot. But it didn’t bother me either that it was there.

Chapter 1.42
    Kass recalls a memory of an earlier crush and her grandparents' reaction. What are your thoughts?
    Awtch, didn’t expect that reaction from the grandparents… But then, Kass was young and she didn’t really want to date Luis in the first place. Now she’s older and she can decide for herself, and it looks like this story will have a better ending, so I hope it’s the same for the reaction of the grandparents.

Cari teases her sister about Davis. Do you think this was mean or do you write it off as typical teenage sister behavior?
    I don’t have a sister, but if I had one, I would do exactly the same hahahahaha. Yeah, I think this is typical sister behavior.

How do you feel about Davis' and Kass' relationship at this stage? Did you enjoy their date? Was it weird when Clark showed up?
    I enjoyed it, yeah. The two are happy and I can basically can see sparkles coming through my computer screen, hehe. It was a little weird to see Clack there, yeah. What’s he trying to do now again…?

General Questions
    What are your thoughts on the character development? Do you feel like you're getting to know the characters better the further into the story or do you still have burning questions?
    I have the feeling the characters are somewhere becoming part of my life. It’s like they really excist to me, haha! I could talk to people about a friend of mine named Kass, and I could describe her as she is in the game. It’s quite fun to get to know everybody that way.

Out of all of Kass' relationships (with her family, friends, love interests), which do you think is the best?
    Her relationship with Andi is by far the best in my eyes. I love conversations between the two of them.

Has anything surprised you about the direction the story is going?
    I actually start to like Davis and I didn’t think that would happen. I still miss Gage a little bit, I like to read parts with him in it. But I have the feeling he’s going to background more and more.

Any future predictions for Kass (feel free to share thoughts about other characters)?
    Hmmmm… She will magically finish her essay and then she gets a notification that she gets the scholarship, but maybe then right after that, something bad happens! I also want to see Kass her dad once again. Maybe he’s involved in the bad thing. Or Clark is. Or the weird EXCES is. I’m just blutring out my thoughts right now. xD
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    End of chapter 11
    1. What do you think of the way Curtis handled Athena’s wellbeing?

I think he's been doing so good, taking it slow with Athena and preserving her boundaries. I'm just sad he's planning on getting her back home and never seeing her again. I get that it's for her own safety, but I think she could really use Curtis in her life.
    2. Do you think Curtis’s character is realistic based on everything you know of him now?

You do such a great job on writing him. He does feel like a real person. He's almost like Sherlock Holmes in his observant ways but you gave him a sad backstory and made that backstory have consequences on who he is today. I always felt like Sherlock Holmes missed that humanity.
    3. Lucian’s view of the world. What do you think of it?

Tragic. And it makes me angry that he takes other people down with him, like Rue. I'm glad Rue was strong enough to stand up for herself but Curtis certainly wasn't. He should have never involved a child.

If they figure out who Curtis really is, then no. I don't think so. He has done many illegal things, no matter the goal of it. I don't think he should let himself by found by police. He'll probably get locked up and won't get out for a long time.
    edited October 2020
    End of 12.2
    1. Do you think it is realistic that Curtis would find Athena attractive and vice versa? What do you think of the pace of their romance? Is it believable?

I don't see why I wouldn't find it realistic. I don't know why other people are attracted to each other. Attraction is a mystery to me because one person can be attracted to so many different types of people. I like their romance and I don't necessarily think it's too fast-paced, although the 'I love you's' and 'you're my reason to live' came kind of fast, but I also think that drama is very teenager-like. :D
    2. Curtis’s point of view was never shown until recently. Is it realistic to you that Curtis has suicidal ideations? What about his discard of them here?

I'd never thought about it, but it actually makes sense. His goal would have been fulfilled and I don't know what someone would be doing after committing a murder and fulfilling your 'lifelong' goal. He'd constantly be on the run still. I think it's super dramatic that he doesn't want to commit suicide because of Athena. I hope, if he survives and they do get their relationship, it doesn't disappoint. 😅 It's a lot of pressure to put on Athena.
    Thank you everyone for your answers. Looks like I'm cutting into your week, @mercuryfoam, and I apologize. It was interesting to see varied opinions of Kass and her relationship with her mom, the sibling council, her grandparents, and some of Kass's general reactions to things. It's great to get multiple perspectives. :) Sorry to jam all these thoughts into one post, but I'm trying not to take up too much space.

@Duvelina
    Thanks for your answers on Too Good at Goodbyes. That's really interesting how the game presented you with the circumstances for Sofia's hesitation when facing the bubble blowers. I love incorporating in-game actions and surprises in my stories so it's nice to see when others do the same thing. I agree. It was "too good an opportunity" to pass up. I look forward to more of the story.

In response to your answers to KCLKF questions...
    -- badmouthing her mamma isn't off the table, but I think Kass has led a sheltered life. As much as she's frustrated with her mamma, she's still protective of her family and the image of her family.
    -- Ayesha doesn't intervene as you said, or react strongly, because she's accepted abuse as normalcy (which is incredibly sad). It's also a cultural thing for her - that abuse is tolerated in families because of the culture's general opinion and treatment of women. She may also justify it as "not as bad" as her own experiences, even though she doesn't want to minimalize her friend's pain/experience so she stays silent.
    --Interesting insights into the sibling council - Andi does want things to go back to normal, and Cari recognizes that it can't be normal and it's not okay. Then Kass wants to protect her sisters and try and be rational, all while experiencing very real emotions of her own.
    --glad you're enjoying the worldbuilding bits
    -- with Andi's outfit - that was an in-game fluke, and I incorporated it into the story. I felt like the game presented me with a challenge and I wanted to meet it.
    --lurkers be lurkers. Haha! Yeah, Clark still appears somewhat shady here.
    --Andi will make appearances in future stories.
    Kass clearly doesn't want to label what she believes in but it does seem like she gets a sense of calmness about her when she does attend mass. I think she's unsure about where she stands regarding faith and religion. She might believe in something but hasn't figured out what, exactly.
    I couldn't have put it better myself. Kass feels peace with faith and she does believe in a Higher Power of some kind, but she isn't ready to label it and she hasn't figured it out.
    Kass is very protective over Andi. She is her little sister after all, but I feel like Andi might be the smartest one of them all. I think she's perfectly capable of taking care of herself but it's sweet that she indulges Kass. Andi seems to look up to Kass in some way. It's a very encouraging relationship. I hope we'll see more of Andi in future stories.

Andi is incredibly smart, and wise beyond her years. She's also still really young, and somewhat naïve. She believes in the innate goodness of others, which is a beautiful thing, and Kass is trying to protect and preserve that.
    I think that her mom spiraling makes her want to leave more on the one hand, but also want to stay to make sure everyone is okay.
    I think you hit the nail on the head here. That's exactly what I was trying to convey.
    Because the story is so slow-paced, we're really getting to know everyone which I like, honestly. Everyone has to have an interesting personality for the story to stay fun and I think you do a great job with that.
    Thank you. I really tried to give everyone a unique personality, motivations, and characters.

Okay spoiler alert since @Duvelina has finished the story
    --As for EXCES and the drama shows, you make an excellent point. And as you've read farther, you know about Kass' abilities and the 'symptoms' that manifest. I can confirm the diagnosis at this time. She doesn't have EXCES... but she does seem to have 'something.' ;)
    -- there's a reason for the family highlights and overview, particularly in the case of the Bachelors/Goths. That will be more useful later in the story. Part of me hesitated to include it, but I didn't want my plans later to seem completely out of the blue. And yes, I worried the story was too slow-paced at times.
    I hadn't expected so many mysteries to make an appearance! I'm so enjoying all these different things to speculate about and figure out right along with Kass. It's a pleasant surprise.
    KCLKF got off to a slow start, and I was worried that I faltered a bit in the middle. I introduced everything so slowly. I think it's fairly realistic that things move at a slow pace. If I were to go back and redo it, maybe I'd leave certain chapters or even sub-plots out. You're all the way at the end, so you know where things are going. I feel I picked up pace in the latter third of the story, but it was needed to advance the plot and bring things together. But I am glad you enjoyed the mysteries.

@Skeilah
    Yeah, Davis handled it really well, actually. Even I would get weak in the knees for that. It’s like the reaction everyone is hoping for. I think Kass feels that need because she has a lot of memories where her mom was actually happy and good? Like, she just wants everyone to know that she’s not a bad person, that it’s just this situation getting the upper hand of her life. She doesn’t want people to hate her mom. At least, that’s what I’m getting.

Yeah, I'd go "weak" too, I think. :lol: Kass does have happy memories of her mamma. Right now, the bad is outweighing the good, but she's trying hard to be mature about it. I understood what you're trying to say.
    Andi is rather positive while Cari is super negative about everything and Kass just sits there like ‘I actually don’t know what to do, help’. I liked that they talked about it together, but I have the feeling they still have nothing to go with after the talk.
    They are kinda back at square one. Sadly. Yeah, Kass is feeling frustrated by the injustice of it all, but has no idea how to fix it. And she wants to fix it.
    I do think she shoul’ve talked a bit more to her nonna. You don’t have to tell everything, but just to tell something makes the weight on your shoulder just a little more bearable. And I think nonna would be understandable. At least, my grandma was always understandable in everything I told her, although she was so religious herself. She had an own way of answering me, but it’s not like she got mad because I wanted to talk about problems. I think it’s the same with all grandma’s.
    This is beautiful. And yes, I think Nonna would be somewhat understanding if Kass was open with her about some things. She may have even been able to give Kass some advice from an outsider's perspective.
    Yeah well, they asked her like three times if she knew him already xD I would have just said “wait??? Did you just say Lamar? You mean DAVIS Lamar???” and then they are like “you know him?” “And then I’m like “Ehhh, well yeah, actually I do! He’s a good guy” and then idk what happens but I can’t imagine it’d be bad. If the granddaughter says he’s a good guy, those are positive points, right??? xD
    There's some complicated relationship politics here, and past history with her grandparents reacting negatively to her love interest/significant other. I think they want to protect her, but I also think they are overprotective. Also, Kass probably could say she at least knows him or met him, but I also think it's so new, she's still figuring things out for herself and this relationship.

--Ayesha and Kass' friendship is fun to write. Glad you enjoyed it.
    -- I also love writing Andi and Kass scenes. They are sweet. Yes, Andi loves to hear Kass's stories, and things about their family history.
    -- Good advice for Kass. She should focus on living her life and taking smart precautions without borrowing worry from the future or dwelling on her past.
    --Haha. Love the texting bit you shared. :tongue: I think we live in a world where either response is fine - wait or contact first.
    -- With your response to Kass and Davis >> "can see sparkles coming through the screen" - :love: Awww... yay!
    --Gage will still be around. :)
    I have the feeling the characters are somewhere becoming part of my life. It’s like they really excist to me, haha! I could talk to people about a friend of mine named Kass, and I could describe her as she is in the game. It’s quite fun to get to know everybody that way.

Aww... wow! Thank you. That's high praise, and really cool to hear you say that. :):blush::heart: Thank you!
    Any future predictions for Kass (feel free to share thoughts about other characters)?
    Hmmmm… She will magically finish her essay and then she gets a notification that she gets the scholarship, but maybe then right after that, something bad happens! I also want to see Kass her dad once again. Maybe he’s involved in the bad thing. Or Clark is. Or the weird EXCES is. I’m just blutring out my thoughts right now.

Haha. I love your predictions. All good thoughts. "Something bad happens" is pretty much par for the course, but what bad things... well, you'll have to read to find out. :tongue::lol:

@mercuryfoam
    --I agree. Davis was there to support and observe as needed. His relationship with Kass is still pretty new. Interesting thought about how she may have been worried that his perception of her family would reflect poorly on herself, and thus lower his opinion of her.
    --I said this above for some of the others, but I really do enjoy writing Ayesha/Kass scenes. Their friendship is unique and supportive, and they can flow in and out of each other's lives with ease.
    --Sibling council was a bit new. They may have had a few informal conversations earlier in life, but it's not a regular occurrence.
    --Mass as an obligation is a good way to put that. And she views it as courtesy to her grandparents who are graciously letting her stay. I'm not sure she fully views it as oppression, but she certainly feels restricted and limited by what she perceives are its teachings and practices.
    --Henry Sutter and Hall of Fame... now I wish I had revisited it later in the story, but there's so much going on. I'll make a note for future stories though. :sweat_smile:
    --Overachievers do apply the pressure to themselves, more so than external forces or people. An essay isn't the place to write about all of her problems, but you do make a good point. It might be good for Kass to write things, even if "once she starts, she can't stop" as you put it.
    --familiar dating norms prevail! I think it would be okay if she did contact him first, but I would most likely wait in real life too.
    Is there something to tell yet? :sweat_smile: I didn’t get the impression that Kass and Davis have started dating exclusively, just that they started dating and didn’t even manage to follow up on where they’d like their relationship to head themselves. So I don’t think Kass should tell her grandparents because that would only invite their many questions which she will not have an answer for.
    This is a very valid and real point. That's how I felt, but I tried not to let my personal opinions influence Kass in gameplay. They are just starting to date, and while things at her mamma's house recently accelerated things a bit (in a good way, highlighting Davis' character), I think it's too soon to tell her family anything.
    A lot of young girls, not just teens, emulate the styles around them and what is deemed beautiful until they learn to love themselves for who they are.
    Sad, but true.
    I don’t usually care for townies but I have an unhealthy obsession with Bella like Kass so I enjoyed it a lot. I also thought they would become relevant later on so I don’t know if it was supposed to detract from the story in some way. I read it assuming they would become relevant down the line since Simis was staring at Kass or Davis so strangely.

Yay another Bella obsession! Haha. Yes they do become more relevant later, but maybe not in the way people are expecting. Idk... I can't say anything much without spoilers. :lol:
    Its quite unfortunate that she had sloppy wet as a first kiss. Then again it sort of indicated how innocent and young they were back then so I suppose there’s a silver lining. It’ll be more gross if he’s a great kisser :smirk: It also makes sense why Kass is worried about telling Nonna and Nonno about her relationship with Davis. I’m not sure if it’s racism since there are no pictures and I can’t tell from the names if her crush were of a different heritage, but it does show that her grandparents have an air of superiority about them.
    Casual racism is subtly implied, and yes "air of superiority" is a good way to describe that. Of course, Kass was a lot younger, so while it may not have been intended as racism (with the intent on protecting Kass), it certainly seemed that way. I was intentionally vague.
    I thought it was lack of emotional awareness on her part. So it could be ignorant teen behaviour because of a still-developing social awareness skill, or it could become Cari’s trait. She does have a consistent sharp tongue from previous chapters, but It could still be either option.
    This observation is interesting to me. No one's brought something like this up before. Lack of emotional awareness is a good way to put it and I think it's because she is young and ignorant, or at least naïve. Cari is quick to speak, and quick to judge, mostly because she's cynical and also because she cares, but doesn't want to let on. Cari has a lot of growing to do.
    I didn’t think Clark’s appearance was weird. Amy might be feeling horrible of herself and Clark might’ve offered to come over and ‘persuade’ the girls, even if the persuasion is questionable.
    Interesting... a reader who doesn't find it weird. I'm glad I have at least one. :sweat_smile: I think it was understandable that Amy sent Clark or even that Clark offered to come over, but it may have been questionable as you say.
    I quite like all her relationships to be honest. Not all of them are perfect, but almost all of them are supportive. Her Nonna, Nonno, Gage, Davis, Andi, Cari, Ayesha, Mac, Amy, Dad… I think I’ve listed everyone and all of them are good to Kass. They all have expectations of her, but they all genuinely love and adore her. She’s in good hands. <3
    Aww that's good to hear. I'm glad you like the cast. I do think Kass is blessed beyond what she realizes with her family and friendships.
    I don’t have any at the moment, particularly because the previous predictions haven’t been realised and these few chapters doesn’t move the plot along. Kass doesn’t even contact Gage. That being said, it’s not boring. I actually enjoy that we’re taking the time to slow down and get to know the characters at a deeper level.
    I mentioned to @Duvelina that I was worried the pace is too slow at times. I focused on character and relational development and less so on moving the plot. I'm glad it's not boring or mind numbingly slow.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited October 2020
    @_sims_Yimi Here are S2 questions! Sorry I posted them so late.

General
    1. How are you finding S2’s tone so far? Are things interesting for you? What are you most interested to find out?
    2. What do you think of the visuals? The top bottom border addons? Anything I should note? (I know the color clash must've hurt your eyes :sweat_smile:)

Characters
    1.We’re only a few chapters in, but do you have character favourites and dislikes?
    2.How do you find Eva? I do remember your comments of her. Any add-ons, changes?
    3.How do you find Isaias? I have the impression that you like him, but I’m not sure why.
    4.Are these sims’ motivations clear to you? Do they make sense?
    - Isaias & his expedition
    - Eva
    - Curtis
    - Dew
    - Aelrendths
    - White Wraiths

Story
    1.What do you think of B2W universe? Do you have questions of it? What about the magic in B2W?
    2.What do you predict happens next (for any character)? :smiley:
    3.Writing: I’m trying to make B2W more immersive through details and descriptions. Which chapters were immersive for you? What made them work?
    4.Writing: Apart from 1.8 and 2.1, most of the other chapters were short. Which length do you prefer?
    5.Would you say with the directional change, tone/darkness change, pace change, character change, is S2 story less interesting than Season 1? Is it too slow? Did any changes detract from the story and make it unlike B2W anymore? :sweat_smile:
    @mercuryfoam

Chapter 11
    Curtis does care about Athena. He wouldn't have sent her away for her own protection if he didn't. He's a wanted man, tainted by his past and his criminal choices for better or worse, even if it's also not his fault that he was born into a world of violence and trauma. I feel for him. I feel for Athena. I understand why she's vulnerable, why she can't think clearly, why she wouldn't trust anyone or the outside world. I don't fault her. She's clinging to Curtis out of desperation, because he's her safety net, because she can't bear the thought of leaving, and because she's afraid. It's very realistic. Fear and trauma have a way of shaping a person's reality.

I am really worried for her health and safety. I was concerned about pregnancy or a STD, but I also understand that she is acting very realistically. It's a potential he said-she said scenario, it's shameful, it's uncomfortable, and going to see a doctor isn't going to change that. Her emotions are real and raw, indicative of a survivor of this kind of situation. It was well written. I know I rambled a lot over on the WordPress so I won't say much more here. I genuinely appreciated how you handled the aftermath of a traumatic and disgusting situation in a real, raw way that illustrates that there are other ways of reacting to and responding to something like this. And I do think this kind of stuff has been despicably (through no fault of his own) normalized for Curtis so he is reacting like he would as well, and I know that he doesn't want to push her.

I loved how she picked up on how sad it was that he's made his whole life about chasing Scorcher. I loved that she called him out on something simple like his celebrating his birthday. She says "You've never lived your life." That's so telling, and such a wise and tragic observation on her part. I also think Curtis' legacy of trauma that he's inherited, of power and manipulation and violence, prepared him to be a comfort and rock for Athena. I loved his line about tackling her fears one at a time. He knows what she's going through, even if his circumstances were vastly different, and because of that, he's still kind and respectful in spite of it. That says a lot. It makes me want to root for him, for his salvation from this world, for this refuge that Athena provides him of allowing him to be normal even if just for a flickering second, and for peace and closure with his past. Haha. This is really roundabout way to say I think he's "handling" Athena's wellbeing in the best way he knows how.
    2.Do you think Curtis’s character is realistic based on everything you know of him now?
    Even as a child, he could understand what was right and wrong. Even as a child, he exhibited kindness toward others, and a desire to protect others. It's very realistic. He can't protect everyone and that causes him great agony, but I also think this helps him be the "better man" (like when Saanvi was killed in the crossfires and he realizes that was Kirino's plan all along). He still hasn't been so wholly corrupted that he can't feel affinity toward others, or show kindness and respect and a desire to protect Athena.
    I am frankly disgusted by Lucian. I think that's the point. His appalling line about subtly "selling his son" was gut wrenching. How evil can you get? He views Curtis as a pawn, as a tool to be used to further his own interests. He probably didn't intend to have a kid, and never wanted a kid, but that's no excuse. Oh, baby Curtis... I just wanted him to run and run and run away, far far far away from this evil man who made him/shaped him and irreversibly damaged his psyche and soul. And how manipulative Lucian is! Such an abuser thing to say all the things they've done for you, all the things they've provided, as if you owe them, as if you should thank them. He's your plumming son! (yes I used plumming deliberately there).

I admire Curtis even more now for still managing to have a heart, for wanting to seek closure and justice (even if it's more like revenge). Lucian views Curtis as a liability so if he can't do what he's told and prove himself, he will be cut lose and fed to the wolves. It's sick and twisted and really screwed up and I honestly want to see the man burn. There are some lines you cross and never come back from, and selling little innocent kids (your own kids) to someone else, and even joking about/threatening to do so, is beyond cruel. :angry::rage:
    For kidnapping Athena? Yes, because he didn't actually kidnap her, and Athena can testify to that. I just hope they don't try and use some Stockholm Syndrome excuse for disbelieving her. GAH! For the murder of Athena's attacker? It was certainly justifiable given the circumstances, but it wasn't self-defense. I could see Athena again offering her testimony that it was self-defense and he died in the process. But... without that, it's still hard to lay a case that it wasn't unlawful.

Should he be pardoned is a whole other story. My answer would be yes because of all the trauma and horror he's experienced, but I also think he will have to answer for some of his crimes, and parts in things that he did knowingly. Sadly, though, this is the only life he's ever known, and I view him as an antihero (with redeemable qualities). I want him to be pardoned. I want him to be saved from these horrors. I want him to see justice. Okay, I'm going to stop rambling because I'm going outside the question parameters now.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited October 2020
    End of 12.4
    1. What do you think of Kian? What about his relationship with Curtis and Athena?

Kian is the life of the party. He provides some much needed comic relief and how he's so enthusiastic about Athena being a spellcaster is cute. I think he's an amazing friend too. He was willing to stay with Athena to make sure she was alright, and then go back to find Curtis and throw himself in the midst of danger. I honestly think they're an amazing group of people, they all have their own strengths that add something to the dynamic.
    2. What do you think of Athena's feelings and choices? Do they make sense of you?

I'm so glad she let go of her hesitation and used her spellcaster powers to save the day. She really got them out of a bind here. I do get why she is not willing to kill anyone though. It's a part of her innocence that she somehow still has and I hope she'll hold on to it for as long as she can!
    3. What are your predictions for the trio in the next chapter?

I have a bad feeling one of them is going to die or get badly hurt. I could see Curtis or Kian being hurt and about to die and Athena jumping in to prevent that again, much to Grim's horror. Things have been going rather well for them so far on the island and I feel like you're not going to let that stay that way for much longer.
    edited October 2020
    @Duvelina Thank you! I enjoyed reading your answers. :blush:
    End of chapter 11
    1. What do you think of the way Curtis handled Athena’s wellbeing?
    I think he's been doing so good, taking it slow with Athena and preserving her boundaries. I'm just sad he's planning on getting her back home and never seeing her again. I get that it's for her own safety, but I think she could really use Curtis in her life.
    I agree with you. Practicality-wise, Athena and Curtis can’t stay together, but they fulfill each other’s emotional needs.
    2. Do you think Curtis’s character is realistic based on everything you know of him now?
    You do such a great job on writing him. He does feel like a real person. He's almost like Sherlock Holmes in his observant ways but you gave him a sad backstory and made that backstory have consequences on who he is today. I always felt like Sherlock Holmes missed that humanity.
    Thank you. Curtis is inspired from someone I know from this kind of life. Sometimes I think he has super power senses, but he never admits that he does. :sweat_smile:

End of 12.2
    I don't see why I wouldn't find it realistic. I don't know why other people are attracted to each other. Attraction is a mystery to me because one person can be attracted to so many different types of people. I like their romance and I don't necessarily think it's too fast-paced, although the 'I love you's' and 'you're my reason to live' came kind of fast, but I also think that drama is very teenager-like. :D
    Haha! I thought it was pretty fast too. I agree it does sound like the intense and dramatic teenage first love. Curtis and Athena desperately needed something/someone to cling onto as well. So that might’ve moved things along.
    I'd never thought about it, but it actually makes sense. His goal would have been fulfilled and I don't know what someone would be doing after committing a murder and fulfilling your 'lifelong' goal. He'd constantly be on the run still. I think it's super dramatic that he doesn't want to commit suicide because of Athena. I hope, if he survives and they do get their relationship, it doesn't disappoint. 😅 It's a lot of pressure to put on Athena.
    Oh yes, I’m glad you pointed out how much pressure he unwittingly put on Athena. Her attachment to Curtis is just as strong, so it’s possible that she views it as normal.

End of 12.4
    1. What do you think of Kian? What about his relationship with Curtis and Athena?
    Kian is the life of the party. He provides some much needed comic relief and how he's so enthusiastic about Athena being a spellcaster is cute. I think he's an amazing friend too. He was willing to stay with Athena to make sure she was alright, and then go back to find Curtis and throw himself in the midst of danger. I honestly think they're an amazing group of people, they all have their own strengths that add something to the dynamic.
    Ahh I’m glad you think of him that way! He’s my comic relief too and is such a nice tension breaker (for me). :lol: For all of Kian’s jester ways, he’s definitely an amazing friend as you say. I’m glad you like their dynamic. :)
    I'm so glad she let go of her hesitation and used her spellcaster powers to save the day. She really got them out of a bind here. I do get why she is not willing to kill anyone though. It's a part of her innocence that she somehow still has and I hope she'll hold on to it for as long as she can!
    I hope she holds onto it too. She’s innocent and idealistic, she has such a strong belief in good. So strong that she’s always intervening and helping others. It’s no wonder you have such a grim prediction. :sweat_smile:
    3. What are your predictions for the trio in the next chapter?
    I have a bad feeling one of them is going to die or get badly hurt. I could see Curtis or Kian being hurt and about to die and Athena jumping in to prevent that again, much to Grim's horror. Things have been going rather well for them so far on the island and I feel like you're not going to let that stay that way for much longer.
    Can’t Grim go after one of the goons instead? And I’m not to blame, Steve is. Not me at all. :smile:

@AdamsEve1231 Thanks for your answers. I'm at my energy limit but I will reply in the weekend. :)
    No worries. Take your time, @mercuryfoam and get some rest.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited October 2020
    General

No, I think you're being very respectful. Your story is one of the more upfront ones about what's going to happen. I like it because it prepares me for what's going to come!

Not really, except for that I have regrets about ending on a cliffhanger. 😂 So it's a good feeling. Oh, and I get really invested in your story and I'm somehow always gripping my keyboard or phone (whatever I'm reading on) tightly in anticipation of whatever's coming next.
    Post edited by Duvelina on
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 Sorry that it's taking me ages! I'm trying to catch up, but October is busy, haha. I can at least answer Arc 13 by now! @mercuryfoam , forgive me for cutting into your week. Yours will follow in a bit, since I'm already caught up ish there :mrgreen:
    Arc 13
    Chapter 1.34
    Do you think Davis handled the uncomfortable family drama at Kass' house well? Why do you think Kass feels the need to justify her mamma's reaction to Davis and Ayesha?

I think he was very respectful of Amy and restrained by not commenting on what happened at all. Nothing would have come from him getting angry on the girls’s behalf at that moment, other than Amy maybe banning him from her house or losing it even more. I think Kass is so used to picking up her mother’s slack that she’s started covering for her flaws too – if you’re used to that kind of abusive behaviour, it start to become normal for you. I don’t mean the slap. That she insists on the fact that their mother has never slapped them before and won’t do it again is telling enough, implying that “the rest of it isn’t abuse and this was an accident”. She even blames Andi for provoking her. Andi could have called Amy any number of names under the sun and that would still not have made slapping her all right.

What did you think about Ayesha and Kass' conversation in the guest room at Nonna's house? I mentioned Ayesha's difficult home life. Did it feel out of place or did it fit with the scene?
    I thought it fit. It also gives Kass some (flawed) perspective that other people have it worse and it was just “one slap” from her mother. Which I really don’t agree with but you’ve read that in my previous comment already.

Chapter 1.35
    What are your thoughts about the sibling council? If you could use one word each to describe what Kass, Cari, and Andi are feeling, what would you say?

Motherly, betrayed and hurt. Kass and Andi is trying to sweep things under the rug to “keep the peace”, while Cari is an angry teenager that is riled up by her own emotions.

Chapter 1.36
    How would you describe Kass and Andi's relationship?

They seem to have a warmer connection than either of them has with Cari. Andi looks up to her and Kass actively looks out for her sister, in a way that borders on motherly. Kass calling her kiddo is very telling as well.

Did you like the little story Kass told about Henry Sutter and the Hall of Fame? Did it add to the worldbuilding?
    Yes! It did. It also showed that Andi is willing to hear the same story multiple times just to spend time with her sister, which is endearing.

Chapter 1.37
    Do you think it's realistic that Kass is stressed about her essay? What would you say is influencing or compounding her stress? Do you think Kass should have shared how she was struggling with her Nonna?

Yes and no. It’s natural that a big essay like that causes stress, but Kass seems to have almost forgotten about it until her talk with Andi reminded her, and at the moment she seems to be stressed out by all the other things going on in her life rather than writing a good essay. I honestly couldn’t say of Nonna would have made it better or worse – she’s very kind to Kass, but also seems rather set in her ways, and if the answer to her worries that Nonna gives Kass isn’t what Kass wants to hear, then I wonder what would happen. That is largely me being closed-off as a person, though. xD

Chapter 1.38
    What was your gut reaction to this chapter? How did you feel about the news Kass received? Do you think her reaction at the end was realistic?

It went from relief to confusion to minor dread that, even though her blood work came back negative, she’s still not in the clear and now needs to be tested every year. That’s a bitter pill to swallow even if she really doesn’t have it. It means she’ll be worried about it for the next eight years at least. Gage is her best friend, so her thoughts going to him first is natural. The stress seems to be starting to get to her.

Chapter 1.39
    If you were Kass, would you contact Davis first or wait for him to call?

After that robbery and abusive family scene? Call him first, after a day (unless he called already), to thank him for staying and apologise for the family drama that he witnessed. He had quite the adventure with her that went well beyond a casual date.

What are your thoughts about Kass’ grandparents?
    They seem very sweet, if a bit old-fashioned – but most grandparents are, and their love for each other is really adorable. They’re really kind to their grandkids, too.

Do you think Kass should tell her grandparents about Davis or does it make sense to wait to ask Davis what he thinks?
    I understand how it could place Davis in an awkward position to be dating the daughter of their employer. But not telling them and having them find out on their own is worse than telling them and them having a negative reaction.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @mercuryfoam here you go! It's super spoilery for S2 so nobody else read this, please :innocent:
    General
    1. How are you finding S2’s tone so far? Are things interesting for you? What are you most interested to find out?

I love it so far! Eva and Isaias are a hilarious combination. They’re firmly Grey Rock and a puppy chasing after things and banging into furniture in my head now. The mystery surrounding magic and the White Wraiths keeps thickening, too. We’ve had glimpses of Curtis and Athena and Dew, and I’m dying to find out what they have all been up to during the years between S1 and S2. Currently, I’m wondering the most about what “side” Athena is on at the moment.

2. What do you think of the visuals? The top bottom border addons? Anything I should note? (I know the color clash must've hurt your eyes)
    They look great! You’ve really upped your screenshotting and editing skills this season. One possible tip – you don’t have to avoid the colour clashing wallpaper if you put a black border around your text. It doesn’t always work, but it might come in handy at some point, if you really like a screenshot but can’t get the text to be properly visible.

Characters
    1.We’re only a few chapters in, but do you have character favourites and dislikes?

So far I really like Grey Rock and like Eva, although her closed mind and stubborn, reckless ways have me wondering how she survived as a reporter for this long. I don’t like Curtis’s suave rich guy personality, but I’m convinced that it is a mask and his real self acts quite different. His seeming obsession with all things resembling Athena is deeply, deeply disturbing.

2.How do you find Eva? I do remember your comments of her. Any add-ons, changes?
    Yes. She needs to learn how to run through a busy street without hilariously tripping over apples, haha. That whole scene I kept thinking of the Avatar cabbage cart guy screaming “My cabbages!!!!” xD

3.How do you find Isaias? I have the impression that you like him, but I’m not sure why.
    He intrigues me. The very first time that we met him, he showed a very strange personality for an aspiring reporter as well as an uncanny ability to grey-rock Eva’s forceful self and deflect her interest. That hinted at him being way more than he seems, and he instantly became interesting to me.

4.Are these sims’ motivations clear to you? Do they make sense?
    - Isaias & his expedition

Yes! I’m super interested to see where this will lead, and if they know Athena.
    - Eva
    Yes. My earlier comparison of Eva to a puppy forgetting herself while chasing her own tail and crashing into things as a result still stand. I mean, she literally crashed into an apple basket, haha.
    - Curtis
    Yes and no. If he is obsessed as I think, it makes sense that he’d go after an Athena-lookalike, disturbing as it is. But not why he would ditch Dew at an important operation to go on a date instead, or why he is acting like he is Mr. Suave Millionaire. My mind is probably going to way too dark places but I honestly worry what will happen once Athena-lookalike start showing personality traits that do not match the object of his obsession.
    - Dew
    Yes, though I can’t say much here yet. She’s still shrouded in mystery as Curtis and Athena are, but she seems to have moved up in the world since we last saw her. That bling around her neck and her taking Eva’s necklace made me think that she’s very, very eager to show off that fact.
    - Aelrendths, White Wraiths
    Worrying but yes. I can’t wait to see what kind of things these two have been up to, where they have been clashing with each other and where they unfortunately ran into Isaias and his group (other than the prologue of course, we’ve seen that train wreck. I wonder if it was Athena who teleported him out of there in the end?)

Story
    1.What do you think of B2W universe? Do you have questions of it? What about the magic in B2W?

Gah, soooo many. Fae? Vampires? Sixam? And which of those requires special clearance?! I love how we’re slowly learning more about the magic realm – I had so many questions the first time that Athena went there as a teenager. Are people as powerful as the knowledge they have, or are some naturally stronger than others? Can only Aelrendeths see Grim, or can any magic user? Can they only see Grim because he’s connected to them as his past life as Morgyn? Where did Grimmy go? T.T

2.What do you predict happens next (for any character)?
    I have no idea what will happen to Eva and why Athena was there, but I recon Isaias and Athena are about to meet. If it was her that saved his companion in the prologue, then her coming there to meet him would make sense. No idea what will happen with Curtis too, but my mind is determined to be grim and fatalistic this season it seems, so I’m honestly worried for his latest crush.

3.Writing: I’m trying to make B2W more immersive through details and descriptions. Which chapters were immersive for you? What made them work?
    Anything that explained more about the world was fun for me. I loved the magic lore that Isaias gave us, as well as the bits of detective work that Eva did on Trevor and Athena.

4.Writing: Apart from 1.8 and 2.1, most of the other chapters were short. Which length do you prefer?
    2.1 was one of my favourites. I think I prefer a bit longer chapters, though short ones are fine too – it’s all down to a person’s individual preference, so take this one with a bit of salt. :smile:

5.Would you say with the directional change, tone/darkness change, pace change, character change, is S2 story less interesting than Season 1? Is it too slow? Did any changes detract from the story and make it unlike B2W anymore?

I think it is very different from the start of S1, but that is not a bad thing. In S1 we had to get to know the characters, understand what made them tick and go through character growth (and reversal) with them. That understandably makes for a slow, satisfying burn. You did well there! But this time around, we already know about the characters. So the change to new people and keeping our loved old cast shrouded in mystery works pretty well, in my opinion. It makes me really really curious about what’s going on.

In the beginning of S1, it took a while for the big plot points to fall into place, with some things turning out to be not that important in the long run. This time around, you seem to have a very clear idea of where you want to go and are giving us snippets and hints as you go, and everything seems connected and important to keep in the back of our minds. I really like it so far. :smile:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    General
    For me the warnings are good like they are, but I don't really need the warnings because I just read everything.

I just wanna say I'm in love with this story <3 the only reason I'm not already done reading is because I have to read everything again for the questions later on, hahahaha! And I'm lazy ;-; But really, it's a beautiful story and the photo's are also super amazing.

End of Chapter 11
    I think he handled it pretty well. He was there for her when she felt so anxious, he also tried his best to come with something so they didn't have to say goodbye yet, so that he can tell his story.

It's possible for me to imagine that kids like him really had that kind of childhood, or at least something that looks like it. I can even imagine it happening here where I live. Earth has some weird fricking people walking around. So yeah, I do think it's pretty realistic. We may not have seen these kind of things happening, but ohhhh, I think they happen.

What on earth is that man?! I don't get him at all. Why is he doing what he's doing? What's going on in his head? I felt so much love for Rue had for Curtis, and just like that, poof, Rue's gone. Curtis is such a brave guy, he should receive a reward. And he's still (given the circumstances) a 'good' guy. It's just so sad. I keep imagining myself 'what would Curtis be like if he wasn't raised like this?' (I like to think a lot like this hahahaah), and it makes me even more sad, lol.

Okay, he will be in prison for quite a while, but if law works like here in Belgium, he's free on his own two feet in 25 years. Because that's how 🐸🐸🐸🐸 law is here. I only hope that Athena is willing to wait a full 25 years... XD

End of 12.2
    Why wouldn't it be realistic? That he is able to fall in love like that, means that he still has love in his heart and that's only good, right??? I always liked the two of them together, and from the moment they had that non-date, I was already like 'oh come on, just admit you like each other', hahahaha! They belong together because they make each other happy, giving both of them a reason to go on with life. That's beautiful.

3. Curtis’s point of view was never shown until recently. Is it realistic to you that Curtis has suicidal ideations? What about his discard of them here?
    I do think it's realistic. He's gone through a lot in his life, and he's not even that old. But the fact that Athena gave him reason to not end his life afterwards is so heartwarming for me. It's gonna be a long road, but still.

End of 12.4
    1.What do you think of Kian? What about his relationship with Curtis and Athena?
    Kian is so energetic and positive, he reminds me of myself, haha. In my eyes he's like the one that keeps everything together. He cares for both Curtis and Athena, they became a big part of his life.

Yeah, for me they make sense. She finally revealed her Spellcaster side, something I was waiting for a long time now. She even saved Curtis with it! Wooooo.

3.What are your predictions for the trio in the next chapter?
    I'm not a prediction-person, but ehmmmm.... Grim was present, so it can't be really good? xD And he was even looking straight at Athena, so I think people want to kill her and Grim is sort of warning her. I hope they get out of whatever situation they are in now.

edited October 2020
    @AdamsEve1231 Thank you for your responses! It was truly heartwarming to read. :)

Chapter 11
    Curtis does care about Athena. He wouldn't have sent her away for her own protection if he didn't. He's a wanted man, tainted by his past and his criminal choices for better or worse, even if it's also not his fault that he was born into a world of violence and trauma. I feel for him. I feel for Athena. I understand why she's vulnerable, why she can't think clearly, why she wouldn't trust anyone or the outside world. I don't fault her. She's clinging to Curtis out of desperation, because he's her safety net, because she can't bear the thought of leaving, and because she's afraid. It's very realistic. Fear and trauma have a way of shaping a person's reality.

I am really worried for her health and safety. I was concerned about pregnancy or a STD, but I also understand that she is acting very realistically. It's a potential he said-she said scenario, it's shameful, it's uncomfortable, and going to see a doctor isn't going to change that. Her emotions are real and raw, indicative of a survivor of this kind of situation. It was well written. I know I rambled a lot over on the WordPress so I won't say much more here. I genuinely appreciated how you handled the aftermath of a traumatic and disgusting situation in a real, raw way that illustrates that there are other ways of reacting to and responding to something like this. And I do think this kind of stuff has been despicably (through no fault of his own) normalized for Curtis so he is reacting like he would as well, and I know that he doesn't want to push her.
    What you say is painfully true. Athena’s responses in Chapter 11 are from a place of fear, trauma and shame. She’s not thinking of safety or health or anything practical because thinking about those means she have to accept what had happened to her. She’s still in a strong stage of denial so she rather not think about it unless she has to.

I’m grateful that you appreciate the raw nature of the story. I’ve often seen literature gloss over the after effects of a tragedy like this and I understand why they do it, but I do think it’s a great disservice because often times, the story moves on to someone else’s perspective and only returns to the victim when a suitable amount of time has passed. So the victim is portrayed as a survivor instead -- healed, stronger, better but we don’t see them overcome the initial hurdles to get to that stage. I get that it’s uneasy and uncomfortable to show them in their vulnerable state, and is probably not what a lot of stories are going for. But it creates and sends a silencing effect that society is only interested in the victim once they’re mentally healthy (not saying they are, but that this message is portrayed) Or that the tragedy is merely a stepping stone for some other character’s growth (usually whoever that saves him/her). So in effect, the victim is merely an accessory to make someone else look good. I think it takes a lot of mental strength to read this part of the story not just because of how bleak it is, but because I think a lot of us have experienced a form of harassment or abuse like Athena’s so these chapters can be rather painful to read. So I really admire how you’ve penned your thoughts in detail and I think it’s so lovely that you do because there might be someone else who is suffering in silence who may stumble on this story and reading your answer to it is inspiring and will help them find their voice and strength immensely.
    I loved how she picked up on how sad it was that he's made his whole life about chasing Scorcher. I loved that she called him out on something simple like his celebrating his birthday. She says "You've never lived your life." That's so telling, and such a wise and tragic observation on her part. I also think Curtis' legacy of trauma that he's inherited, of power and manipulation and violence, prepared him to be a comfort and rock for Athena. I loved his line about tackling her fears one at a time. He knows what she's going through, even if his circumstances were vastly different, and because of that, he's still kind and respectful in spite of it. That says a lot. It makes me want to root for him, for his salvation from this world, for this refuge that Athena provides him of allowing him to be normal even if just for a flickering second, and for peace and closure with his past. Haha. This is really roundabout way to say I think he's "handling" Athena's wellbeing in the best way he knows how.

Even as a child, he could understand what was right and wrong. Even as a child, he exhibited kindness toward others, and a desire to protect others. It's very realistic. He can't protect everyone and that causes him great agony, but I also think this helps him be the "better man" (like when Saanvi was killed in the crossfires and he realizes that was Kirino's plan all along). He still hasn't been so wholly corrupted that he can't feel affinity toward others, or show kindness and respect and a desire to protect Athena.
    Athena’s own experiences of being ostracised for her difference made her perceptive towards the little details in Curtis’s life that mirrors her own pain and loneliness, even if Curtis is used to it and doesn’t see it that way (he just brushed them off and focused on her there. Hard to tell if he's over it or he's downplaying it. Though I think he's not over it at all.) In that sense her empathy is just as high as his when detecting certain kinds of pain. You’re right that Curtis as a kid has a strong sense of morality. It’s hard to tell throughout the previous chapters if he had it in the first place, but I do think that the way he treats Athena at her most vulnerable self is telling of what kind of person Curtis truly is. I've never bothered to write a Curtis POV before Chapter 11 because he is a man of masks. Only when Athena got hurt did his masks start crumbling.
    I am frankly disgusted by Lucian. I think that's the point. His appalling line about subtly "selling his son" was gut wrenching. How evil can you get? He views Curtis as a pawn, as a tool to be used to further his own interests. He probably didn't intend to have a kid, and never wanted a kid, but that's no excuse. Oh, baby Curtis... I just wanted him to run and run and run away, far far far away from this evil man who made him/shaped him and irreversibly damaged his psyche and soul. And how manipulative Lucian is! Such an abuser thing to say all the things they've done for you, all the things they've provided, as if you owe them, as if you should thank them. He's your plumming son! (yes I used plumming deliberately there).
    I agree with you wholeheartedly. I don’t quite know what to say here because I know someone who shares Lucian’s worldview so I can’t comment without feeling like I’m indirectly commenting on him. But yes, Lucian’s extremely controversial, abusive, manipulative and definitely does not deserve his family and for the sake of everyone, he should stay away from them.
    For kidnapping Athena? Yes, because he didn't actually kidnap her, and Athena can testify to that. I just hope they don't try and use some Stockholm Syndrome excuse for disbelieving her. GAH! For the murder of Athena's attacker? It was certainly justifiable given the circumstances, but it wasn't self-defense. I could see Athena again offering her testimony that it was self-defense and he died in the process. But... without that, it's still hard to lay a case that it wasn't unlawful.

Should he be pardoned is a whole other story. My answer would be yes because of all the trauma and horror he's experienced, but I also think he will have to answer for some of his crimes, and parts in things that he did knowingly. Sadly, though, this is the only life he's ever known, and I view him as an antihero (with redeemable qualities). I want him to be pardoned. I want him to be saved from these horrors. I want him to see justice. Okay, I'm going to stop rambling because I'm going outside the question parameters now.
    That’s very realistic. Personally I believe in justifiable homicide. He was preventing Athena from experiencing further bodily harm and should be pardoned. He didn’t actually kidnap her either. But I also think that it may not look like that from Avery’s perspective, given his murky background, and current dealings. Athena’s voice may not be taken seriously either, from as you say, belief of the syndrome and that she’s a minor. His fate would be in Avery’s hands instead.

I’m actually happy that you do ramble because I think Curtis’s life has been unkind to him so I think that it’s incredibly compassionate of you to regard him with kindness. I think Curtis has not been dealt with or that life has simply been unkind to him so it’s something that he needs and if he were given the chance, he’d just be another kid sitting for his SATs and aiming to be the next holmes or police detective.
    Post edited by mercuryfoam on
    @Duvelina
    That’s such a lovely feedback! Ooft. I guess that is a good thing for me. I don’t know if it’s necessarily a good feeling for you. I can’t deal with cliffhangers. I’m the type that binge watches an entire series at one go because I can’t handle not knowing what happens next.

Aw thank you! I’m glad the chapters are.. gripping. :lol:

@Skeilah
    You managed to read everything despite your deadlines and schoolwork. :open_mouth: That wouldn't have been easy! Thank you for reading and good luck on those deadlines!! :blush:
    General
    I just wanna say I'm in love with this story <3 the only reason I'm not already done reading is because I have to read everything again for the questions later on, hahahaha! And I'm lazy ;-; But really, it's a beautiful story and the photo's are also super amazing.
    -Aw! Thank you! I totally get what you mean. You have so much schoolwork too. Reading twice will take too much time! I’m glad you think it is beautiful despite the ugly parts :)

Chapter 11
    It's possible for me to imagine that kids like him really had that kind of childhood, or at least something that looks like it. I can even imagine it happening here where I live. Earth has some weird fricking people walking around. So yeah, I do think it's pretty realistic. We may not have seen these kind of things happening, but ohhhh, I think they happen.
    - Curtis’s childhood is definitely more common in countries that are not rich enough to support its more vulnerable population. :pensive:
    What on earth is that man?! I don't get him at all. Why is he doing what he's doing? What's going on in his head? I felt so much love for Rue had for Curtis, and just like that, poof, Rue's gone. Curtis is such a brave guy, he should receive a reward. And he's still (given the circumstances) a 'good' guy. It's just so sad. I keep imagining myself 'what would Curtis be like if he wasn't raised like this?' (I like to think a lot like this hahahaah), and it makes me even more sad, lol.
    Rue is a lovely person. On your questions on why Lucian does what he does, they have answers... :sweat_smile: I think that way too! I agree I get super sad after but I do think that if he and Rue made it, Curtis would’ve become an astronaut. (In my earlier drafts, there was a scene where young Curtis promised Rue that when he grew up, he would take her to see the stars in his rocketship :bawling: )
    Okay, he will be in prison for quite a while, but if law works like here in Belgium, he's free on his own two feet in 25 years. Because that's how 🎃🎃🎃🎃 law is here. I only hope that Athena is willing to wait a full 25 years... XD
    Ooh! Is 25 years your countries’ maximum sentence for drug pushing? It’s… I have to say that’s quite lenient. Of course I would say that, since the sentence is death in Malaysia haha! Australia has life imprisonment for dealing commercial quantities. :sweat_smile: No chance for Athena waiting for him then. sigh..

Chapter 12
    Why wouldn't it be realistic? That he is able to fall in love like that, means that he still has love in his heart and that's only good, right??? I always liked the two of them together, and from the moment they had that non-date, I was already like 'oh come on, just admit you like each other', hahahaha! They belong together because they make each other happy, giving both of them a reason to go on with life. That's beautiful.
    I do think it's realistic. He's gone through a lot in his life, and he's not even that old. But the fact that Athena gave him reason to not end his life afterwards is so heartwarming for me. It's gonna be a long road, but still.
    Aw I’m glad you like them together! I agree they were both in denial of their feelings or at least Curtis was during their not-date. So at this moment I too was thinking 'Finally!' I agree. They’ve managed to hold onto and not let each other fall too deep into a dark place. They're actually good together and they do bring out hope and good in each other.
    Kian is so energetic and positive, he reminds me of myself, haha. In my eyes he's like the one that keeps everything together. He cares for both Curtis and Athena, they became a big part of his life.
    Kian’s personality is just the best. He’s so upbeat and a great person. I agree with you. He is Curtis and Athena’s sense of normalcy and a great friend! I cannot imagine B2W together because you're right. He's the glue that holds everything and everyone together.
    Yeah, for me they make sense. She finally revealed her Spellcaster side, something I was waiting for a long time now. She even saved Curtis with it! Wooooo.
    Oh yes, I'm so glad Athena finally came out about her abilities. I love this moment especially because now she's the one doing the rescuing :smirk: Although she already saved him once haha!
    I'm not a prediction-person, but ehmmmm.... Grim was present, so it can't be really good? xD And he was even looking straight at Athena, so I think people want to kill her and Grim is sort of warning her. I hope they get out of whatever situation they are in now.
    Grim is definitely trying to tell her something. It’s so frustrating that he can’t. Crosses fingers. :) Thank you for taking the time to read and comment! I hope you manage to beat those deadlines!
    I'm actually doing better on the deadlines than I thought I would do, thank you!! But sadly, it's not over yet..... xD
    Ooh! Is 25 years your countries’ maximum sentence for drug pushing? It’s… I have to say that’s quite lenient. Of course I would say that, since the sentence is death in Malaysia haha! Australia has life imprisonment for dealing commercial quantities. :sweat_smile: No chance for Athena waiting for him then. sigh..

Really? Wow, the highest you can get in The Netherlands is twelve years of imprisonment and then we're talking about harddrugs already...
    Duvelina wrote: »

Really? Wow, the highest you can get in The Netherlands is twelve years of imprisonment and then we're talking about harddrugs already...

We are very very tolerant compared to the rest of the world, it seems. :joy:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Whoa, the difference :o
    Duvelina wrote: »

Should've set B2W in Windenburg.. 😆
    _sims_Yimi wrote: »
    Arc 13
    Chapter 1.34
    Do you think Davis handled the uncomfortable family drama at Kass' house well? Why do you think Kass feels the need to justify her mamma's reaction to Davis and Ayesha?

I think he was very respectful of Amy and restrained by not commenting on what happened at all. Nothing would have come from him getting angry on the girls’s behalf at that moment, other than Amy maybe banning him from her house or losing it even more. I think Kass is so used to picking up her mother’s slack that she’s started covering for her flaws too – if you’re used to that kind of abusive behaviour, it start to become normal for you. I don’t mean the slap. That she insists on the fact that their mother has never slapped them before and won’t do it again is telling enough, implying that “the rest of it isn’t abuse and this was an accident”. She even blames Andi for provoking her. Andi could have called Amy any number of names under the sun and that would still not have made slapping her all right.

What did you think about Ayesha and Kass' conversation in the guest room at Nonna's house? I mentioned Ayesha's difficult home life. Did it feel out of place or did it fit with the scene?
    I thought it fit. It also gives Kass some (flawed) perspective that other people have it worse and it was just “one slap” from her mother. Which I really don’t agree with but you’ve read that in my previous comment already.

Chapter 1.35
    What are your thoughts about the sibling council? If you could use one word each to describe what Kass, Cari, and Andi are feeling, what would you say?

Motherly, betrayed and hurt. Kass and Andi is trying to sweep things under the rug to “keep the peace”, while Cari is an angry teenager that is riled up by her own emotions.

Chapter 1.36
    How would you describe Kass and Andi's relationship?

They seem to have a warmer connection than either of them has with Cari. Andi looks up to her and Kass actively looks out for her sister, in a way that borders on motherly. Kass calling her kiddo is very telling as well.

Did you like the little story Kass told about Henry Sutter and the Hall of Fame? Did it add to the worldbuilding?
    Yes! It did. It also showed that Andi is willing to hear the same story multiple times just to spend time with her sister, which is endearing.

Chapter 1.37
    Do you think it's realistic that Kass is stressed about her essay? What would you say is influencing or compounding her stress? Do you think Kass should have shared how she was struggling with her Nonna?

Yes and no. It’s natural that a big essay like that causes stress, but Kass seems to have almost forgotten about it until her talk with Andi reminded her, and at the moment she seems to be stressed out by all the other things going on in her life rather than writing a good essay. I honestly couldn’t say of Nonna would have made it better or worse – she’s very kind to Kass, but also seems rather set in her ways, and if the answer to her worries that Nonna gives Kass isn’t what Kass wants to hear, then I wonder what would happen. That is largely me being closed-off as a person, though. xD

Chapter 1.38
    What was your gut reaction to this chapter? How did you feel about the news Kass received? Do you think her reaction at the end was realistic?

It went from relief to confusion to minor dread that, even though her blood work came back negative, she’s still not in the clear and now needs to be tested every year. That’s a bitter pill to swallow even if she really doesn’t have it. It means she’ll be worried about it for the next eight years at least. Gage is her best friend, so her thoughts going to him first is natural. The stress seems to be starting to get to her.

Chapter 1.39
    If you were Kass, would you contact Davis first or wait for him to call?

After that robbery and abusive family scene? Call him first, after a day (unless he called already), to thank him for staying and apologise for the family drama that he witnessed. He had quite the adventure with her that went well beyond a casual date.

What are your thoughts about Kass’ grandparents?
    They seem very sweet, if a bit old-fashioned – but most grandparents are, and their love for each other is really adorable. They’re really kind to their grandkids, too.

Do you think Kass should tell her grandparents about Davis or does it make sense to wait to ask Davis what he thinks?
    I understand how it could place Davis in an awkward position to be dating the daughter of their employer. But not telling them and having them find out on their own is worse than telling them and them having a negative reaction.

@_sims_Yimi Thank you for your replies. I'm just happy people are reading KCLKF. :smiley: A few thoughts...
    - Covering for Amy's flaws. That's a interesting way of looking at the situation. Now that you mention it, I agree. When you've (sadly) grown accustomed to neglect (and abuse), it becomes easy to normalize actions. I think Kass understands fundamentally that it isn't okay, but she's gone out of her way to "cover" for Amy before by taking care of her siblings and acting as a substitute mother at times. She's grown accustomed to this odd and unhealthy parent-child relationship. And yeah, she's normalized it to the point of saying Andi provoked her instead of stating that slapping her sister was not alright. Her perspective and logic is flawed (because she hasn't known anything else).
    - I'm not sure Kass wants to sweep things under the rug as she did call the "council." However, she wants to fix broken fences more quickly than say Cari does.
    - Haha. I called my kid sister 'kiddo' for years too. :lol:
    - Kass hasn't had much time to work on it given all the crazy things going on in her life.
    - Nonna means well, but Kass isn't ready to trust her yet so for now, she stays silent.
    - Call Davis to thank him - this is the best justification I've seen for being the first to make a move. It did go way beyond a casual date.
    - Kass' grandparents are loosely based on my own. And yes, they're adorable. :smile:
    - 'Granddaughter' of employer - but the principle still applies. Awk-ward!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest