Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wish I could lock stairs for visitors

When playing a 3 story house, a visitor will very likely walk up to the top level bedroom to pick up a book to read. Or they will just walk around the full mansion although the living and dining area with toilets and all they need for a visit is on hand on ground floor. I know I can lock doors, but when playing on rotation the lock door system often fails while playing many other houses.

How nifty it would be to simply have the option to "Allow only household to use these stairs". Even if it got borked after playing other houses, it would be much quicker to reset than to lock a lot of doors.
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Its true, the Same Scenario, I have a 4 storey Castle. and every time sims always seem to autominously use the chess table when I click to play this household. the chess table is in my castle library, while there are 3 others around the castle. I'm considering removing the chess table from the library, and hoping it will keep them where I want them.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Its true, the Same Scenario, I have a 4 storey Castle. and every time sims always seem to autominously use the chess table when I click to play this household. the chess table is in my castle library, while there are 3 others around the castle. I'm considering removing the chess table from the library, and hoping it will keep them where I want them.

There are indeed some weird mechanisms telling sims where to do what. In one house there is a desk and computer in a bedroom, so the entire family flock to that bedroom when they want to read or just hang out to chat. They probably define it as the study rather than the bedroom. In another house the family often sit on beds to eat, because their large dining table is normally covered with used books - they must think the dining table is more like a library than a dining table, even if there is no bookcase in the dining room. Or maybe they just need a household member with the Neat trait ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I'd like this too please! It's useful in smaller homes as well, often times the downstairs is more "public" and upstairs is bedrooms and reserved for family and very close friends only.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    True. It’s weird when I see guests In my sims’s teenage daughter’s room, using her computer or seating on her bed like it’s not inappropriate....

I mean when I visit someone I don’t go into their bedroom unless they say I can, and I won’t come upstairs, unless for instance the only bathroom is upstairs or they’re giving me a tour of their house.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited October 2020
    THIS especially because even though i often make it so staircases are locked behind doors this simply does not work if you wan't fancy entrance hall with pretty staircases

and then what are you supposed to do when your dinner party quests just keep walking all the way up to 4th floor to do whatever when all they should access is like first 2 floors ah stress
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    It can happen in a two-story as well. It's quite frustrating when your Sim has planned a party — especially one to be held outdoor, such as a wedding in the back garden — and the guests come in and go upstairs. I literally had to pan the camera around to find some of them! So few made their way into the backyard. I may have to build a wall and a door in front of the stairs (or remove the bottom shank, in some cases) before a party commences. Yeah, it's aggrevating.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I remedy this will a fence around the stairs then lock the gate lol
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(