Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• ehud8651ehud8651 Posts: 62 Member
    > @Coconut27 said:
    > Besides the linear mission storyline, Strangerville is actually one of my favorite packs. I loved the excitement that the mission gave, and the eeriness as the story progresses (if you play it at all) is my favorite.

Same
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited October 2020
    I don't think the Sims 4 needs anything added to it to make it better. I love the packs they add. But I don't think we needed new skin tones to make it better. Based on other forum threads, this is definitely an unpopular opinion.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • NellythekiddNellythekidd Posts: 251 Member
    I want more gameplay for the elders. Unique traits, achievements, interactions. I play legacy and elders are my favorite age: their kids are already adults, they are skilled, and have the simoleons to do whatever they want!
    Origin ID / Gallery: nellythekidd
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    ehud8651 wrote: »
    > @TyrAVB said:
    > My unpopular opinion, I hate that I have to make random posts and collect likes in order to gain enough points to be able to post something of my own :(

Same

Have a look over here and play the games, you'll be able to level up your participation points while having a little fun. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/off-topic-chat
  • MrSpacemanMrSpaceman Posts: 382 Member
    > We need more pale skin tones. The lightest one (human) is not even pale, we need to have something between it and a dead vampire tone. :/

> Don't like the fact that for almost every new skill or activity there's a separate HUGE device that takes a lot of free space. Like the candle-making machine. Or the telescope. Doesn't go well with the concept of tiny living. Also, all these machines look pretty darn weird, goofy and unrealistic. Would love to be able to bake in the actual oven (without any mods), draw in an album etc.

> Tired of the hip-hop/pop stuff, need some rock'n'roll vibe. At least a bit. Tired of modern fashion playing such a huge role in the game in general.

> Horses would be a terrible idea. Can't imagine having a horse in TS4, no space for it there.

• Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 431 Member
    YES. I HATE having to choke my spaces with huge, ugly, decor-ruining, immersion-breaking industrial machines just to engage in hobbies.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited October 2020
    I miss the careers like were in GTW. I was looking forward to more of them in future packs, but because so many people complained that it wasn’t sandbox enough they changed the future active careers.
    I loved the amount of thought that went into the hospital, Science lab, and police department, and I like that they gave us goals. I would love to see more active careers with workplaces and goal oriented. That expansion pack kept me interested in the sims 4 for a long time. It wasn’t easy and fast to level up, which made it more meaningful. I would love to see GTW active careers with work places brought back in other packs.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Snowy Escape is a boring concept for me at first sound, but gameplay could change it. Just always been really against the "vacation getaway" idea. Super boring to watch sims snowboard, ski, swim, tan. No thanks, but I know a ton of people are pumped so hope it lives up to your expectations.
  • peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    I prefer the sims 2 and the sims 4 over the sims 3.
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    luxsylvan wrote: »
    Snowy Escape is a boring concept for me at first sound, but gameplay could change it. Just always been really against the "vacation getaway" idea. Super boring to watch sims snowboard, ski, swim, tan. No thanks, but I know a ton of people are pumped so hope it lives up to your expectations.

Same, NGL, I was hoping for something supernatural (I need more occult gameplay!). So I'm disappointed in that aspect, but otherwise, this is fine. I'm withholding judgement until I see a trailer and hear more info on the pack. But my hopes and expectations are set to "low" as of now, especially since we've had such a lacklustre year in terms of packs/content (imho).
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I love the fact we dont control pets, it's more realistic if they do what they want lol

That's true, it is annoying there isn't a UI for them though, so you can at least check if their hunger and bladder needs are full or empty.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I just keep their bowls full lol and the dogs has a poop icon above its head and stands at the door lol it would be easier however even though not being able to control them it would be good too check their needs @halloweenchild
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Heres another unpopular opinion, I'm glad that fish are just for show in the sims 4, like my sims has time too feed and clean fish tanks lol
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I just keep their bowls full lol and the dogs has a poop icon above its head and stands at the door lol it would be easier however even though not being able to control them it would be good too check their needs @halloweenchild

Same, it's just the lack of being able to check on them while my sims are at work that is the issue. Though them just standing still in the corner of the room is pretty unrealistic if you ask me, I miss being able to play as my sims pet and go off and collect collectables, like in TS3.
  • LeaselmaryLeaselmary Posts: 108 Member
    I prefer sims 4 to sims 3. I own every sims 3 pack. If I liked sims 3 more, I would play it. But I play sims 4 because I like it more. Sims 4 could use an overhaul here and there but I do enjoy it.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Just have to get this out and this seems like the perfect place.
    It’s so tiring hearing “this isn’t a expansive pack, it should’ve been a game pack”. Some would say the same about an GP and say it should’ve been a SP. I don’t even want to get into an argument of how stupid this is, just needed to say this.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Leaselmary wrote: »
    I prefer sims 4 to sims 3. I own every sims 3 pack. If I liked sims 3 more, I would play it. But I play sims 4 because I like it more. Sims 4 could use an overhaul here and there but I do enjoy it.

I prefer the Sims 4 as well although I do think that the game play of the Sims 3 is much better quality than the Sims 4. I guess I’m shallow though because the reasons that I prefer the Sims 4 are the Sims themselves, the way they look and move and the graphics of the over all game. Despite the fact that the Sims lack some what in personality they actually seem much more alive to me than those of the Sims 3.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Leaselmary wrote: »

I prefer the Sims 4 as well although I do think that the game play of the Sims 3 is much better quality than the Sims 4. I guess I’m shallow though because the reasons that I prefer the Sims 4 are the Sims themselves, the way they look and move and the graphics of the over all game. Despite the fact that the Sims lack some what in personality they actually seem much more alive to me than those of the Sims 3.

Unpopular opinion: I don't think it's shallow to care what the game looks like and have it factor into which one is your favorite! You're the one staring at it! I enjoy a lot about 3 too but don't really play it because I don't like any of their faces. Graphics and functionality are both important for a game!
  • NetflixianHereNetflixianHere Posts: 18 Member
    > @NeverBird said:
    > I really dont care or have any like for the toddler lifestage.

God, I completely 100% agree.
    I think there should be more careers.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I'm so tired of Sunny Hot Worlds
    (Oasis Springs, Island, Del Sol Valley & Strangerville).
    I love Forgotten Hollow, Windenburg & Glimmerbrook Worlds.
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited October 2020
    One of the reasons I prefer Sims 3 is that I hate the expressions sims in Sims 4 make whenever they are feeling some emotion (and when are they not). Their constant grins give me creeps. I love Sims 4, but I am struggling to play it because of the overwhelming emotions and constant need to chat with random strangers.
    edited October 2020
    One of the reasons I prefer Sims 3 is that I hate the expressions sims in Sims 4 make whenever they are feeling some emotion (and when are they not). Their constant grins give me creeps.

That is actually one of the things that I love most about the Sims 4 sims is their facial expressions. To me it makes them seem more human to have varying facial expressions and I love being able to tell their emotions just by looking at them. I use the Slice of Life mod to add more visualization to their expressions and I also use the Meaningful Stories mod to change the way their emotions work so they don't always smile.

While the Sims 3 does have better game play and the sims themselves do look quite lovely with the graphics set on the highest they lack life visually. They move around so stiff, it's almost robotic looking. It's a really great game but when I play it I can feel it's age as an eleven year old game when I compare the animations of the sims to what we have in the Sims 4.
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited October 2020
    Sharonia wrote: »
    One of the reasons I prefer Sims 3 is that I hate the expressions sims in Sims 4 make whenever they are feeling some emotion (and when are they not). Their constant grins give me creeps.

That is actually one of the things that I love most about the Sims 4 sims is their facial expressions. To me it makes them seem more human to have varying facial expressions and I love being able to tell their emotions just by looking at them. I use the Slice of Life mod to add more visualization to their expressions and I also use the Meaningful Stories mod to change the way their emotions work so they don't always smile.

While the Sims 3 does have better game play and the sims themselves do look quite lovely with the graphics set on the highest they lack life visually. They move around so stiff, it's almost robotic looking. It's a really great game but when I play it I can feel it's age as an eleven year old game when I compare the animations of the sims to what we have in the Sims 4.

Different people, different tastes. Might have something to do with me likely being somewhere in autism spectre, but I prefer the blank face, it makes them easier to relate to. My simself actually acts like me :smiley:
    I love Sims 4, but it gets too theatrical sometimes for me. I only started playing Sims 3 two months ago, so it's still brand new for me and surprises me on nearly daily basis.
    I only started playing Sims 3 two months ago, so it's still brand new for me and surprises me on nearly daily basis.

Same for me pretty much despite owning it since it's release. It is a really fun game and I will continue to play it along side TS4. It really makes me wish that TS4 had the same amount of detail and quality put into it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top