Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape EP 10 Teaser

Comments

• mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    I'm so excited! I was wanting a snowy vacation type pack but I didn't want to get my hopes up. I can't wait to see the trailer! Plus I love the fact that it's Japan-inspired.
  • FroilFroil Posts: 102 Member
    Well it sounds kinda nice and would probably synergize really well with Seasons and the Asian themed world looks pretty, but I'm keeping my expectations low. From the sounds of previous packs, it'll most likely end up being shallow, with a lot of potential just gone to waste, and possibly a lot of (potential) game breaking bugs that'll make whatever mechanics or features either not work or become a chore to manage.

Perhaps a little harsh, nihilistic and pre-mature criticism considering I know quite literally nothing, other than Asian themed world and snowboarding, about it; I do want to be proven wrong though.
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »

No hate. I just think it’s ironic how they went to people who live in areas where it doesn’t snow for help on this (Idk about Simlicy though). Kinda funny 😅
    How do we know though they went to them for climate related business? Maybe they went to them to create households or clothing. Or create a build. The climate of one country doesn’t exactly define a person’s ability to do something. they most likely went to ppl who actually know about the country.

I’m just saying it was ironic. Just a joke.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Do you guys think the EP’s gonna come with a new career? If so what are your guesses?
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    So the new world is not-Mount Fuji?
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited October 2020
    I'm so happy it is a winter pack-Snowy Escape-nice. That guy on the snowboard is freakin sick! Plus, I like how they have something for children. I can't wait until the trailer drops.

Snowboard.jpg

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Do you guys think the EP’s gonna come with a new career? If so what are your guesses?

I would love a ski bum career where you teach other sims to snowboard and/or a mountain medic rescuer career to help sims in distress on the mountain.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I am super relieved it’s not a reality show theme, and even more excited it’s vacation themed. I hope hope hope it includes a hotel/rental property/vacation home system that we can use in all worlds. 🤞🏻
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited October 2020

How do Simmers live without Seasons in the game? I just don't understand. Season is a must for the Sims imo.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    edited October 2020
    My sigh of relief when I learned EP10 would not be about reality tv could be heard a mile away. Whew. I was really hoping this pack would appeal to a lot of players rather than just a few. The location and activities look great, and I look forward to having both in the game. Once I know if it all works well and isn't a glitchy mess, I will buy it. Keeping my fingers crossed for a great experience.
    Post edited by Paigeisin5 on
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    hmm a snowy werewolf??? B)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member

I'd buy it just for that! <3
    #Team Occult
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    IF there is no Hotels or Resort or something similar in this pack then this would be another BIG wasted oppurtunity for Me. IslandLiving was just a world with few activties and occult. No big highlight feature that I could go back to with perks and rewards.

If this pack only comes with new world, some side activities and no new big feature that would reward gameplay that it is another dissapointment. They aready lost their chance in Island zliving dont repeat that here.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DrbigtDrbigt Posts: 222 Member
    I hope that we can become hotel owners and can start collecting rent by being landlords!
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,657 Member
    Looking forward to more info, but basically I'm not all in for activities where skill building over time is essential. I play on rotation, and would typically visit this new world with a new sim every time. I Play each house for only 1 simday per 2 sim years LOL, so all my sims will stay Wintr sports amateurs for as long as I live. If so, I'd probably miss out on most of the fun, but hopefully there is a lot more to it than those skills :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    I am glad I haven't seen the pitchforks yet. This pack what I wanted, but it looks like many do want it. Not every pack needs to be for me.
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    Omg y’all I’m so excited. I wanted this pack the minute they dropped the survey asking about it. Here is hoping it is a combo world or that we can now place rentals anywhere because I’d be so down for that. And that there are hotels as well (maybe a new business type?).

Anyway I have to say this is the first time a pack this year has made everyone excited and not disappointed. It’s kind of nice to see players really looking forward to new info.
    I wouldn't say everyone is happy... I'm not liking this pack at all.
    He/Him
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »

How do Simmers live without Seasons in the game? I just don't understand. Season is a must for the Sims imo.

ikr i literally couldn't get into the sims 4 properly till seasons came out
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,141 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    I am curious what they add for alpine related pack than.

Hopefully a variation of Dirndl and male outfits, a Oktoberfest activity, and some alpine food. These are things which don't exist ingame yet. And I really would like my female sims wear a Dirndl. I love this dress.
  • aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    Do you guys think we might get horseback riding:

Japan, Cherry Blossom Ride
    n1DJuhS.jpg

Map Icon
    ZhwvUaV.png
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    edited October 2020
    aelias24 wrote: »

n1DJuhS.jpg

Map Icon
    ZhwvUaV.png

No.
    I think that's just torii, which in general has nothing to do with horse riding. It's a gate to a temple.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torii?wprov=sfla1
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    edited October 2020
    aelias24 wrote: »

n1DJuhS.jpg

Map Icon
    ZhwvUaV.png

I doubt we'll get horses in this pack, but I would buy the pack if they did add them.
    He/Him
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited October 2020
    Felicity wrote: »
    Felicity wrote: »
    lilmsimsie has accidentally leaked this weeks ago and im just seeing this tweet not cos yall slept on this leak abt this pls lol omg :D

Not to be a pessimist but Im gonna be one anyway. Why couldn't they make the world bigger, we finally dont get another boring world but now it is small but big for TS4 standards. Rather had this Windenburg size................. EA really needs to make these 40 dollar packs worth it.

I had the same reaction -- I counted. It's funny, as mad as everyone was about how few lots Get Famous had, the devs certainly don't care that people want larger worlds. I wonder if this one is going to be a vacation world, though, or if sims can live there. And I'm really hoping there's a second theme to this pack.

I count 14 lots, that would be ok for TS4 standards ...

@alanmichael1 I counted 11. I think the other three are neighborhood icons, though I'd love it if I were wrong.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I love the premise. I'm just trying to keep my expectations in check.

There are for sure 14, maybe the image is cropped. Either way Im not getting excited until I see hotels/resorts. Thats the only thing I (and a lot of others) wanted in the next EP.

I'll just have to say I'm blind. Relooking, I can see maybe 13, but whatev. I am also hoping for hotels/resorts. Since it's an EP, it needs to have something more than going sledding. I'm hoping for resorts that can be placed in every world, the ability to make any world a vacation world/regular world, all sorts of winter sports, lots of new romance options, like cuddling in front of the fireplace, wrapping up in blankets... I know the last two are too much to hope for, but this could be good. I'm worried it will be shallow with features that are overdone to the point of silliness or just plain annoying.

However, the trailer isn't even out yet so I should not talk my hopes up AND dashed quite just yet ;)
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

I'd buy it just for that! <3

Yes! That would definitely knock it into the "buy soonest" category for me. Snowballs of Doom are also at the top of my unlikely-but-highly-desired list. Wonder if they'll have avalanches. Nah, that would be too cool (woops, a pun)