Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    My game thinks that Geoffrey Landgraab is the baby's father. It's Don. It was Don. I have NO idea why it's decided to correct this. Oh well!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    My game thinks that Geoffrey Landgraab is the baby's father. It's Don. It was Don. I have NO idea why it's decided to correct this. Oh well!

in my game one of the wives decied to trick her brother in law. so he was the dad. i went with it the brother and his wife got a divorce but the 2 brothers still get along. haven't wrote it up yet thats why i;m being secretive.
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    I'm really enjoying playing...and writing...Sim 66 and thanks to everyone who's given it a thumbs up along the way.

I'm now mulling over in my mind whether to write it up on Blogger or some other blog site or to keep it to the Sims 4 forums. What's the advantage of putting it on a blog site and just posting links here? Do writers find they get more readers and traffic on a blog site? Does it give you more control? I know the image loading time here can be long but on the other hand you get big images to look at. Any advice simlit writers can give would be appreciated.

• SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,224 Member
    Back to my Box oc Chocolates save. Got a little behind sharing chapters, so here are 3 at once.
    This week's random event rolls: buy a bike, complete a street mural, exercise for one hour, collect 5 MySims trophies. There are actually five rolls every week, but the fifth is ongoing: Heir must have the good manners and responsible traits.

1.10 Baby on Board
    1.11 Sweet and Sour
    1.12 City Heat
    image.png
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    if people can find poses-what else can i have David landgrabbie experience? I'm just about to shoot my final couple of scenes for the Song chapter-but I think he needs to experience more then just drowning (and I have to figure out an in-story reason why that happened-i mean he's a fine swimmer)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,224 Member
    The littlest spellcaster is introduced in the following chapters of Box of Chocolates
    1.13 Postnatal
    1.14 Progress
    image.png
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    I'm really enjoying playing...and writing...Sim 66 and thanks to everyone who's given it a thumbs up along the way.

I'm now mulling over in my mind whether to write it up on Blogger or some other blog site or to keep it to the Sims 4 forums. What's the advantage of putting it on a blog site and just posting links here? Do writers find they get more readers and traffic on a blog site? Does it give you more control? I know the image loading time here can be long but on the other hand you get big images to look at. Any advice simlit writers can give would be appreciated.

@Kellogg_J_Kellogg I use Wordpress rather than blogger, and I never really considered just posting the story directly on the forums, but I'd say the main advantages of using an external site are:

You can get each chapter/post/update look exactly the way you want - there are so many templates on Wordpress to choose from, and while it does take a bit of time to set up initially, you definitely have more control over the look of it. I find that the formatting options on the forums are quite limited, for a story format at least. Some people do neat stuff like splitting a chapter into a few pages if it gets too long too, to make it a bit more manageable, but that's of course optional.

It's easier to manage for you and to track new updates from a reader perspective too. Using a blog site makes it easy to have an index set up and each update/chapter is a clear standalone page or post, so it's all quite clean and tidy. I find that if a story is within a thread, I can miss things easier.

Also, since the forums default to taking you to the latest post in the thread that you have viewed, sometimes following a story that's here directly means you need to scroll through a page that might have several updates and wait for the page to load, which can take a while if the story is more on the image-heavy side. Having a hosting site where the updates are completely separate means you only load what you want to read, so it's a faster load time and simple to find.

But that's just my take! No doubt a story on the forums can work just fine (you can even have an index for ease), so it's probably mainly personal preference :)
    For those of you who have read the past versions of my Swanson Legacy- you guys know how I'm use songs right? Well I'm trying to create a new song out of two songs but when I tried to get help with the idea (in the reference area of Nanowrimo forum),.. one person has said "I'm going to be sued" for using other people's/creator's songs (which I haven't yet so far) and now before I muted them saying "They wouldn't help me break the law" and I real want to try to see about lyrically putting the two songs together- MJ's Thriller plus a parody of it by Pattycake production's "Bump in the Night"
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Zora1327Zora1327 Posts: 89 Member
    Hey guys, decided I'd share my story here! :) The Child: Ximena-Daria Roseline is a runaway supernatural survival story about a girl whose name is Ximena-Daria Roseline or Xim for short. Her life has been turned upside-down due to an unfortunate event, so now she tries to survive alone in Newcrest. However, on top of only being a child, she also looks and acts differently from the other simcitizens, and has some hidden powers as well. Hopefully, no one suspects her of being too strange...
    You can look at the page here, but if you want to read it directly, then click on the links here! :)
    Prologue 1: Lucia
    Chapter 1: Newcrest
    Zora1327 wrote: »
    Hey guys, decided I'd share my story here! :) The Child: Ximena-Daria Roseline is a runaway supernatural survival story about a girl whose name is Ximena-Daria Roseline or Xim for short. Her life has been turned upside-down due to an unfortunate event, so now she tries to survive alone in Newcrest. However, on top of only being a child, she also looks and acts differently from the other simcitizens, and has some hidden powers as well. Hopefully, no one suspects her of being too strange...
    You can look at the page here, but if you want to read it directly, then click on the links here! :)

welcome @Zora1327
    6adMCGP.gif
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    I'm finally back with a new Wright Way Travel Adventures log.

Return with me to San Myshuno as our travelers hit up the famous and stunning Prism night club in Uptown. Four stories of fun! Join us for surprising displays of skills, new friendships, and even budding romance between two of our travelers.

See Sims submitted by your fellow Simmers and live vicariously through these Sims for a night out on the town. Also be sure to check out the After Party. Catch the links and creator shout-outs over on my WWTA thread.

color-your-world-title-cover-1.png
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

welcome zora. i'm a cohost here. cathtea is the other. sorry i'm a little late trying to get all my mods working before the new pack comes out.

i copy the story links and send them to cathtea. then she posts them when she gets time. sometimes its not that long but with covid shes been busier.
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    OK, as it turned out I had a long, almost forgotten Blogger account which I used back in the days of online storytelling RPGs. I've reactivated it and have set up Sim 66 on it.

Over the next few weeks I'll be transferring existing chapters over to it but in the meantime I'll be putting the story on the Forum thread until the previous chapters are transferred over and then I'll just post links and a screengrab on the Sim 66 thread.

What I've done, first of all, is to write an entry for what Sim 66 is, the premise and set up and I've done a post about the four main characters (so far).

Here is the link: https://kelloggjkellogg.blogspot.com/
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I decided to share my story in here too, the link is in the signature, but it's not for everyone. I have controversial visions about things and also, it's very in real-world focused with all the consequences of this, I touch adult themes and things are not roses are flowers so it's not a story to escape real life.

As far as the plotline goes, I try to fuse my own story with maxis canon, and it talks about Vampires and Witchcraft while trying to stay away from fantasy and keeping close to real world folklore, it's mostly based in slavic and celtic folklore. It's an horror thriller by the way.

Also, does any of you write horror?
    MadameLee wrote: »

welcome @Zora1327

welcome zora. i'm a cohost here. cathtea is the other. sorry i'm a little late trying to get all my mods working before the new pack comes out.

i copy the story links and send them to cathtea. then she posts them when she gets time. sometimes its not that long but with covid shes been busier.

Thanks! :) It's okay if you didn't reply earlier, everyone has things they need to do before the sims 4! (I usually have my own goals that I'm trying to fulfill through writing and normal everyday life as well!)

welcome @Zora1327

Thanks! :) It's okay if you didn't reply earlier, everyone has things they need to do before the sims 4! (I usually have my own goals that I'm trying to fulfill through writing and normal everyday life as well!)

my mods were acting up because of the patch . i think they work now so technically i was here just in the background. i always preorder the expansions so had to fix it before the release. which usually breaks them again. i try to be here most days cathtea is super busy but my job is on hold cause of covid. i send her stuff like story links so she can add them to the opening page. i wasn't techy when we started this. :)

welcome @Zora1327

my mods were acting up because of the patch . i think they work now so technically i was here just in the background. i always preorder the expansions so had to fix it before the release. which usually breaks them again. i try to be here most days cathtea is super busy but my job is on hold cause of covid. i send her stuff like story links so she can add them to the opening page. i wasn't techy when we started this. :)

Haha, I understand broken mods as well! Since I'm a new simmer, I'm just a stranger to modding, so I try to learn the tuning and such from other mods and try to make small mods of my own! I don't think any of my (working) mods are causing any bugs (I made a few from last year and I'm still using them without updating them and they still work fine) but I guess that's because they don't affect anything big like (EA) traits or buffs or complete autonomy changing (I made one that prevented sims from autonomously cooking single meals when they're hungry because that's annoying especially when the sims don't have a lot of money or have low/none cooking skill). I do have some broken mods that I tried to make, though, but they failed due to me not having enough knowledge about modding, haha.

Covid-19 was a world-changer, definitely. :( And I'm sorry about your job. :( As for me, I wasn't affected much; I'm an introvert so I usually don't go out or have many friends and I wasn't going to school or work and was just trying to write my stories and stuff like that.

I can wait for CathyTea to put my story link to the page; besides, I mostly write for fun! :smile:
    SiliClone wrote: »
    I decided to share my story in here too, the link is in the signature, but it's not for everyone. I have controversial visions about things and also, it's very in real-world focused with all the consequences of this, I touch adult themes and things are not roses are flowers so it's not a story to escape real life.

As far as the plotline goes, I try to fuse my own story with maxis canon, and it talks about Vampires and Witchcraft while trying to stay away from fantasy and keeping close to real world folklore, it's mostly based in slavic and celtic folklore. It's an horror thriller by the way.

Also, does any of you write horror?

I have tried to write horror (not simlit) in my spare time; though it usually has unique themes in it.
    In fact, I'm not sure what my current simlit story's genre will turn out to be. I'm thinking supernatural but it might touch on horror for a bit. (Example could be the second half of the first chapter, the prologue)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top