Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you want Mt. Komorebi to be?

WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
What do you want the new world coming with Sims 4 Snowy Escape to be?

I'm inclined to think it's a destination world, considering the name of the pack (escape), but I've seen a lot of people saying that, since it is an EP, it should be a residential world.

What do you guys want it to be? I personally want it to be a destination world if we're getting hotels. If not, then I'd prefer it to be residential.

Ps: the image below may or may not be real. It's a leak. But regardless, we're definitely getting a new world with the pack, so...

VULk7h8.jpg

What do you want Mt. Komorebi to be? 146 votes

Destination world
4%
catmom1987PlayerSinger2010drake_mccartycatloverplayergoldann25Briana2425 6 votes
Residential world
24%
crocobaurarudy8292sunhair2008g01denswanhadklaxJerrellomikawagelelunicyBabykittyjadeHarukotyanMoonfoxNightcryPaulmarch76catitude5bizuktagEnkiSchmidtHermitgirlTaraIris94AuronoiChieftainTamakiSakura84Geckogames 36 votes
Mixed (Japanese part being residential and snowy mountains being a destination)
62%
Bluegayleauroraael14IcewolfYunasketchesalexspoom13IceyJCabelle1863storyyIsb917keekee53IObelleDevSims91loubyloulougoodcakebaker62CopperBoltutopiamoonwrenstalesashcrash19Kironide 91 votes
I'm ok with either
8%
robyngravesEcho17121ldmarkosmurf45blueGracieO312texxx78rjssimMissimay94SAEldarinNicoleaamber_ilumiretomasgomes749Flikka_Flikka 13 votes

Comments

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,872 Member
    Residential but with a rental lot or hotels.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    My initial thoughts are that it will be a mixed world. You can't have the word 'Escape' in the title and not have it associated with Vacation/Destination. Judging by the map too, it looks as though it probably will be mixed. If it was a fully residential world they should have just called it Snowy Living.
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    I think this would be a great time to introduce a resort/hotel system that could potentially make any world a destination setting. I definitely want it to be residential if it's one or the other, but I would be curious to see the possibility of a mix happen.
    a63ftuN.png
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,017 Member
    Residential world
    I want them to do away with vacation worlds as a concept. Let us build rental lots/hotels and allow us to vacation in any world.

Failing that, residential. At least that way, I can make residents live there and still have sims visit during their days off.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    They should do both but I will be ok if it is just destination.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I want a hotel system where any lot I decide is either residential or a destination I'm tired of either or lets remove these limitations and let the player decide if the lot is for vacation or home.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I'm ok with either
    Honestly I can’t decide, but I don’t mind either way. I am confused why the leaked map says ‘Summit World’ at the top and not Komorebi. Perhaps there is a residential and a destination world? It is an EP after all.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Where did that title come from?
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I always like to have more worlds for my sims to live in, and prefer that over strict vacation worlds. If it's a mixed world that would be really exciting, or maybe/hopefully a mixed world feature is through a new hotel system? I'd be thrilled if we had the option for hotels that we could build in other worlds like Sulani or Windenberg.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I think this pack, or else the pre-pack patch, will open the Rental lot type to be placed in any world, and if the map leak is right, there will be one other lot type introduced, which might be a hotel option.

So I don't think that the vacation/residential limitations will be by neighborhood, but by lot.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Honestly I can’t decide, but I don’t mind either way. I am confused why the leaked map says ‘Summit World’ at the top and not Komorebi. Perhaps there is a residential and a destination world? It is an EP after all.

I noticed that too. Might be cause the leak is fake or they just named it summit world as a placeholder. I'd be surprised if the pack comes with 2 worlds .
    Onverser wrote: »

Simguru Graham's twitter.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I'm ok with either
    If we do get hotels I hope we can add them to any world e.g. Sulani

pleasehavesnowmobilespleasehavesnowmobilespleasehavesnowmobilespleasehavesnowmobilespleasehavesnowmobiles
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,372 Member
    Residential world

I noticed that too. Might be cause the leak is fake or they just named it summit world as a placeholder. I'd be surprised if the pack comes with 2 worlds .
    Onverser wrote: »

Simguru Graham's twitter.

Mt. Komorebi could be just the name of the snowy neighbourhood. But Summit World sounds very much like a placeholder name.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Mixed would quite honestly be amazing. But if only one, residential.

I do love the Asian inspiration behind the world though. Could this possibly be a reference to Mt. Everest??? As in the mountain world, + Asian inspired area of the world.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I'm ok with either
    Either residential or vacation i wish the new ep comes with a lot of new game changing features.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited October 2020
    I'm ok with either
    Mixed would quite honestly be amazing. But if only one, residential.

I do love the Asian inspiration behind the world though. Could this possibly be a reference to Mt. Everest??? As in the mountain world, + Asian inspired area of the world.

Feels more like Mount Fuji to me
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KaitlinMarieKaitlinMarie Posts: 58 Member
    I heard someone say somewhere that they said there's not going to be hotels in this pack which would be very disappointing. but I suppose we will find out for sure tomorrow!
    Gallery name: Kaitlinxo143
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,456 Member
    edited October 2020
    'Snowy Escape' seems to refer to the snowy mountain area where you can engage in snow activities. It doesn't seem to refer to the entire town. (Unless you have seasons installed).
    For that reason I believe this is a mix of residential lots and resort lots, not necessarily linked to one or the other area.
    I have a feeling the upcoming patch will give us an overhaul of the existing resorts systems, so you can place resort lots in any home world (probably not destination worlds, although perhaps there will be a possibility to own a holiday home).
    I actually hope so.
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I just hope that it can snow in the town as welll
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    doogerie wrote: »
    I just hope that it can snow in the town as welll

Probably only for people who owns seasons. Otherwise, I think the snow will be contained to the mountain area.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Residential world
    If it's destination I'm going to sit in a corner and cry 😭😭😭 I'll never give up asking them to allow us to live in destination worlds. They are so beautiful and always the more exotic worlds but my sims don't do vacations.
    Plus there is nothing to do on a vacation that I can't do otherwise
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    I voted mixed, but if I had to choose I would choose residential over destination any time. I want to be able to place some form of rental in other worlds too, that would make this expansion so worth it and a proper expansion to the game.
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    Residential world
    I want to run a hotel or a B&B outside of the vaction worlds in the residential worlds. If we don't get any hotel feature I hope we can own a second vacation property.
  • robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    I'm ok with either
    Judging by the screenshot, it appears that only one lot is a rental/vacation lot, so I would imagine that this is a residential world. If it is a residential world, I wonder if this means that we will be able to place vacation lots in residential worlds? **cough**Sulani**cough** Either way, I think the pack looks cool and I will be looking forward to playing when it comes out.