Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

100 Day Creativity Challenge - CAS & Build

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited October 2020
    @icanhassims You're welcome! That's a good point about doing the challenge chronologically as intended. That's what I plan to do as well, it'll just take a couple three days for each entry is all. :)

@IllusoryThrall Thank you for letting me know it's okay to take a few days for each round. Whew! I absolutely love your alien and her home! Wow! Very creative! You should be proud! Great job! <3

I finally finished Day 1! YAY! \o/ I really like how you created your entry form icanhassims, so I went with a similar design. I hope you don't mind. :) Also, I hope it was okay I made Annabeth a vampire so I could use the CAS assets for them to create her. Also, all Annabeth's outfits; regular and dark mode are exactly the same. I figured she's a Zombie, right? They don't care about clothes, just braaaaaaaains! :D

Day 1 Theme: Zombie/Graveyard
    Sim Name/Link: Annabeth Wakefield Jekyll
    Build Name/Link: Dr & Mrs Jekyll Residence
    Origin ID: Karababy52
    Imgur Slideshow: https://imgur.com/a/YnTXetj

The story of Annabeth and her past home, is already mostly written in the description for both on the Gallery and in the Imgur slideshow. But here are a few more details:

This once grand home was owned by the notorious Dr. Jekyll and his lovely new bride, Annabeth Wakefield Jekyll. On their wedding night, they shared a celebratory drink of a vintage 'juice' to celebrate their marriage. Unbeknownst to Annabeth, her drink had been tampered with by Mr. Hyde (Dr. Jekyll's alter ego). He only wanted someone to share in his adventures. I guess it's lonely being a Zombie sometimes. The drink did the expected and turned her into a flesh-eating Zombie.

In a vengeful fit of rage over what he had done, Annabeth killed and devoured him. Both Sims seemingly disappeared, although one of Dr. Jekyll's fingers was found under their plasma soaked bed. It was assumed they were both kidnapped or killed by...someone or something. The finger was buried in the family plot behind the house and after a few years, a tombstone was placed there to remember Annabeth when she was declared dead. Of course, there's no one buried there since her body was never found.

With no descendants coming forward to claim the Jekyll estate, a fence was built to surround the lot paid for by a local charity and it was then left locked up to slowly decay over the decades.

Annabeth roams around Forgotten Hollow at night in her once white wedding gown in search of victims. She's very careful about staying in the shadows and choosing Sims that most likely won't be missed. Now and then some locals tell tales of seeing a pale female Sim with gray hair in an old-fashioned updo wearing a dirty white dress. Supposedly, she has eerily glowing white eyes too. Annabeth has been mistaken for an animal hiding in the bushes more than once when all they can see is her eyes.

There's no reasonable explanation Annabeth can find in her mind why she places a rose on Dr. Jekyll's gravestone every other day, or why she keeps a candle lit there either. She hates what he did to her. Perhaps her muddled brain doesn't know, but her heart does. Despite what he did, Annabeth loved Dr. Jekyll and still does deep down in her shriveled heart.

Annabeth Wakefield Jekyll

j3ULnIH.png
    The Dr. & Mrs. Jekyll's Former Residence

q5eqeqL.png

Happy Simming! <3
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    I'm excited to be starting these! I am going out of order and it may take me a while but here we go!
    I figured the best way to begin would be to start with my sim self, which luckily I had just made one to begin a legacy style challenge.

Day and Theme: 43 Sim self
    Gallery name & link: The lot I cannot upload because it is an apartment, however you can find my Sim self at: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C3F79EEC0F4611EB8BE5E70A89303473?category=households&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=clousinators&max=50&maxis=false
    Origin id: Clousinators
    Link to slideshow: https://imgur.com/a/WzesYCC
    Notes: For the build I decided to use my sim self's starting apartment and of course my self and my boyfriend because we do everything together. I struggled with imgur and couldn't upload every screenshot I took so I just stuck with what I could.
    Pictures of the build/CAS:
    CNdaS9W.png
    6QEFyXa.png38StFF5.png
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    @Clousinators Welcome to the challenge!! There's actually a way to upload apartments if you really wanted to. You delete a piece of the wall between the main room and any side rooms (so they're all one big room) and upload it as a room. An example is the butler suite/house I made:
    butler.jpg
    It's hard to tell from the picture, but it's all one room, ready to have the removed walls replaced after placement. Hopefully that makes sense. I love your simself and the apartment looks very cozy. I'm sorry you had trouble with imgur, I wish I could help, but I truly have never messed with it. Maybe someone else who've used it can help you out. I can't wait to see more from you! (Oh, and the butler suite was not for this challenge, I was just using it as an example)

@Karababy52 What an epic zombie story. You did a fabulous job explaining where she came from and why. I LOVED it!

@icanhassims Thanks so much for the compliments!! :heart: I usually can't come up with anything even remotely like an alien build, so I was hugely surprised that I managed to do this one, and have it turn out so well! I had originally intended to have it all jazzed up with alien plants on the outside, but it occurred to me later that she was trying to fit in, and would never do that sort of landscaping. Or maybe that was my excuse because I couldn't get the alien plants to look very good around the house! Whatever works, right??

I sat down today with the greatest of intentions to edit the pictures I had taken of my Day 5 build and upload them so I could post.. and I discovered to my horror I had completely forgotten the sim's glasses on ONLY his athletic outfit! How was he going to see?? After waffling about it for probably a half hour, I decided I couldn't live with it, so I loaded up my game, deleted him off the gallery and loaded the save to fix it....... Only to have my hubby take one look at the house I'd built and comment "so he has a bunker underground to escape to, right?" ... and I realized that was EXACTLY what the build was missing. Three hours later, and I still hadn't fixed the glasses issue. (*dies laughing at myself*) However, I ended up with a build that makes so much sense for the character .. and yes, he now has glasses. And a cat. (I mean.. I had given him cat stuff in the house but never made the cat, so.. I guess I had to make one!) He's been re-uploaded and now I have to sit down with all the new pictures and format them for posting. Not sure I'll have time to get to it tonight, but we'll see.
    Oh! Another note on the challenge, after a while thinking on it, I've changed the "Day 5" description to remove the "Ugly Sim" designation. I just don't like the way it was worded. It now reads "Weird Sim" and is more accurate to what I meant in the first place. :smiley:
    edited October 2020
    Meet Bert. From my description: “Known as “Strange Bert” to those around StrangerVille, he lives in the trailer park and avoids human contact if at all possible. No one knows what exactly he does in his mismatched, dingy trailer, but they avoid him all the same. His only company is his tubby, troublesome cat, Taco. It’s tough being different!” This guy is a character, and, as “easy” as his house was to make, there was something about it that bothered me. When I was going through pictures, I realized that I had forgotten Bert’s glasses on his athletic outfit.. which was bad. There’s no way he could have seen without them. So I loaded up my game to fix them.. and three hours later.. I still hadn’t gotten around to it. My hubby finally put his finger on what the house build was missing…. Bert’s pride and joy. The only thing he ever spent any money on (Other than his cowboy boots). I’ll let you scroll down to find out what that was. Download: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/BF0F25560F4A11EB8F38B16ACE59D5D9
    bert.jpg
    bertoutfit.jpg
    taco.jpg
    This was a tough build for me. Purposely mis-matching things was rough, and I ended the build, as I said above, feeling like it wasn’t really complete. A suggestion from my hubby changed that.. and gave me the piece I was missing. Download: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D94BEE670F4811EB898DB16ACE59D5D9

Full array of pictures is on my blog at: https://illusorythrall.wordpress.com/2020/10/16/100daycreativity-day-5/

day5house.jpg
    10-11-20_6-12-53-pm.jpg
    10-11-20_6-13-15-pm.jpg
    10-11-20_6-09-36-pm.jpg
    10-11-20_6-09-13-pm.jpg
    10-11-20_6-10-12-pm.jpg
    10-15-20_8-37-42-pm.jpg
    10-15-20_8-38-31-pm.jpg
    10-15-20_8-39-17-pm.jpg
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    edited October 2020
    @Karababy52 woah! That is one creepy zombie and story. Well done!

@IllusoryThrall That actually makes total sense if your alien is trying to fit in. Though people must think she's at least a little eccentric with that build. lol As for your weird sim and build, I'm super impressed not only that you were able to do it but also that you did it so well. As you know, I just couldn't get myself to do either. I may have to go back at some point and try again. Thanks for the inspiration!

ETA: How could I forget about TACO. Best cat name ever. Though I have a friend who named her cat Pico de Gatto which is also pretty awesome as far as puns go.
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
    edited October 2020
    @IllusoryThrall @icanhassims Thank you both so much for your great comments on my Day 1 entry! That house is actually only the second house I've ever built in FH. The first one was a mausoleum type structure that turned into a house for my very first vampire so you can imagine how long ago that was built. It was fun! I'm thinking I might remodel it at some point and use it for a 'regular' house somewhere else, maybe Strangeville. I doubt I'll ever play Annabeth though. She freaks me out just looking at her. :D But I will most likely see her creeping around once the challenge is complete and I start playing other Sims in that save file.

Weird Bert is fabulously weird! I love Taco too, what a lovely cat! You did a great job mismatching everything in his trailer too. I think that round is going to drive me nuts. I'm normally such a perfectionist when it comes to colors matching and balance in placement. Probably why it takes me SO long to build anything. :D Grinds my gears so many build/buy objects the wood doesn't match on what should be matching sets. Ugh! Don't get me going on that...

EDIT: BTW, guessing the bunker was the thing you'd forgotten or knew he needed but couldn't think of what it could be, right? ;)

Anyway, working on Day 2 now. I have finished three of the six Sims I need. I started with a YA named Jayda James. I was a little confused at first what I was supposed to do with all these Sims. I thought they were supposed to be completely different Sims with different names, but all living in the same household made by aging up/down just one Sim and changing everything about them except their body style & face.

But looking at other entries it appears they are all supposed to be named Jayda, only at different stages of her life? Right? Should I progress the traits/aspirations to coincide with their ages too? Or are they all supposed to be whatever I want in that case? It's a bit confusing. :| Also, can I change their hair color? For instance, a rebellious/punk/Goth teen Jayda may want to dye her hair black. :D

Lastly, I'm probably just going to do a room for each one instead of building them a house. I've never built a house with six bedrooms for my Sims. I can't fathom how big something like that would need to be. I'm more of a tiny/small, normally only one, at the most two, floors type of a house builder. Big mansions intimidate me! It would probably take a month or more for me to build something like that. o.O

Welcome to the challenge @Clousinators! Love your self Sim, the boyfriend and apartment build. Looks like you're having fun with this challenge so far too. I'm loving it! <3
    Day and Theme: Day 21: Spellcaster/Magic/Witch/Warlock
    Gallery name & link: Spellcaster Cottage & Aqua Moonbeam
    Origin id: icanhassims
    Link to slideshow: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/day-21-spellcastermagicwitchwarlock.html
    Notes: I'm never satisfied with how my cottages look. Ugh I love how Aqua Moonbeam came out though!
    Spellcaster Cottage
    10-16-20-7-37-19-pm_orig.png
    10-16-20-7-38-10-pm.png
    10-16-20-7-44-03-pm.png

Aqua Moonbeam
    aqua-moonbeam-montage_orig.png
    aqua-moonbeam-attributes_orig.png
    aqua-moonbeam-outfits_orig.png
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I think that round is going to drive me nuts. I'm normally such a perfectionist when it comes to colors matching and balance in placement. Probably why it takes me SO long to build anything. :D Grinds my gears so many build/buy objects the wood doesn't match on what should be matching sets. Ugh! Don't get me going on that...

EDIT: BTW, guessing the bunker was the thing you'd forgotten or knew he needed but couldn't think of what it could be, right? ;)

@Karababy52 I completely agree on not being able to match the wood tones on builds. I'm working on a shell challenge now that is driving me up the wall because I can't get things "just right" between the wood tones of the windows/doors and the furniture. Ugh. I don't know how I managed to get that mismatched trailer done without pulling hair out. I guess it was because I was being very purposeful about making things NOT match. I found myself matching things several times and had to go back and pick different items or swatches. And, yes, the bunker was what the build was missing. My hubby asked me where the bunker was when I showed him the build and the lightbulb went on.

As for answering your question, the original intention was to keep the same name/traits, and just change their clothing/hair styles and age of the sim. But I like the direction your mind went, if you want to do different traits and names, go ahead! There's nothing wrong with someone changing who they are and picking a new name for themselves as they go through life! :heart: Go with what feels right to you on that one. The main point is to leave body and facial "genetics" the same and see how different you can make them look. ... And on the house, I completely feel you on making the full six bedroom house - it was a huge undertaking that took me ages to do, and I definitely wondered why I was doing it several times during construction. That's one of the reasons there's the option of doing just room builds instead of forcing you to build a mansion. Also, I'm glad you're enjoying the challenge! I am absolutely floored by the response I've gotten for this challenge so far, and having fun working my way through the builds has been occupying most of my sim-time... my poor challenges and stories are all wondering when I'll be back!

Thank you to everyone for the kind comments on my last build! Next is:

Day 5: ugly/weird/mismatched sim
    Photo slideshow: https://imgur.com/a/xIXKsYs
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6043C55A103A11EB8B0C52514E992084?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=clousinators&max=50&maxis=false

Meet: Harold Stinks
    u8mlbmg.jpg
    He has a very strange sense of style, he is a glutton and a little gloomy but overall he's a good guy and he just wants a place as weird as him to call his own and to hopefully start a family.

This is the house he chose:
    3Ed5nHh.png
    UgWxWoD.png
    The rules said "try to make a horrible build" and I immediately thought toilet for some reason lol I originally wanted to find a way to build inside of it or make a house in that shape and couldn't get it. The inside is atrocious. It was a little hard to find things that didn't match so just because everything I usually make matches and is decorated this was still fun. I kept it cheap since its so "crappy" lol
    @icanhassims Aqua Moonbeam is so pretty! She looks very mysterious and I love Shadow too! I have several black cats in real life! I really like her house too, especially how you ringed the cauldron with candles, great idea! :)

@IllusoryThrall Thanks for answering my questions! I'm finished making my Sims for Day 2 now. I decided to make them a family, The James Family! I used the YA Sim, Jayda as the base and aged up/down the other Sims from her. There's the elder Matriarch of the family, June, her adult daughter, JoAnna who is the Mother of Jayda and teen Jayne. Jayda has two kids, a child, Jackie and a toddler, Juliette.

I'll post all the details about them along with screenshots of each Sim's room and Gallery links once I'm finished with everything. :) We're visiting our Son and Grandkids later today so I probably won't get a chance to build anything until later tonight. Hopefully be done by tomorrow night.

@Clousinators LOL Oh man, Harold Stinks and his toilet house are priceless! Bravo on both. One question - does Harold, uh, 'use' that toilet? o.O I imagine it's hilarious to see if he does. :D
    Thank you @Karababy52 and @IllusoryThrall , once I got the idea I couldn't go back on it :D and I just tried to see if he would use that toilet and he will not lol
    Sorry for not responding/commenting on people's creations (which are all amazing.. THAT TOILET). My dad passed away on Thursday and while this is a very welcome distraction, I can't bring myself to do the next challenge in line for me having to do with medical things. So I skipped Day 22 for now.

Day and Theme: Day 23 - Dog Lover/Trainer
    Gallery name & link: Creekside Vet & Training, Derek Selby & Dogs
    Link to slideshow: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/day-23-dog-lovertrainer.html
    Notes: n/a
    Creekside Vet & Training
    10-19-20-11-44-16-am_orig.png
    10-19-20-11-32-53-am.png
    10-19-20-11-39-14-am.png

Derek Selby & Dogs
    derek-selby_orig.jpg
    derek-selby-and-dogs-attributes_orig.png
    derek-selby-outfits_orig.png
    dogs_orig.png
    Day and Theme: Day 24 - Halloween/All Hallows Eve
    Gallery name & link: Autumn Park & Trick or Treaters
    Link to slideshow: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/day-24-halloweenall-hallows-eve.html
    Notes: I thought it'd be fun for the kids to go to an Autumn type festival at the park
    Autumn Park
    autumn-park_orig.jpg
    10-19-20-2-07-03-pm.png
    10-19-20-2-08-18-pm.png

Trick or Treaters
    trick-or-treaters_orig.jpg
    trick-or-treaters-attributes_orig.png

Individual Kids (all 6 of 'em)
    Luci Sweeney - bit of a tomboy who enjoy physical activities
    luci-sweeney_orig.png

Annette Lindsay - a bit shy; quiet and studious
    annette-lindsay_orig.png

Jane Chapman - a gender expansive kid; creative and loves art
    jane-chapman_orig.png

Ashleigh Pike - a girly girl and social butterfly
    ashleigh-pike_orig.png

Brayden Perales - a physical goofball
    brayden-perales_orig.png

Davis Jennings - bit of a dork but loved by all
    davis-jennings_orig.png
  • SimerallaSimeralla Posts: 962 Member
    Sorry for not responding/commenting on people's creations (which are all amazing.. THAT TOILET). My dad passed away on Thursday and while this is a very welcome distraction, I can't bring myself to do the next challenge in line for me having to do with medical things. So I skipped Day 22 for now.

I am truly sorry @icanhassims to hear about your Father, Sending you my condolences and Prays to you and yours :'(
    @icanhassims I am so very sorry to hear about your Dad. You and your family are in my thoughts. I completely understand not wanting to think about medical things at a time like that. I also can't blame you for just diving into building to help you deal at the moment. Do whatever you need to do to feel better! Feel free to message me if you need an ear to talk to! On your postings: the last two entries (the vet clinic and dogs + the trick-or-treaters) are amazing! I love the names you picked for the doggos, and they are SO cute. The kids for the halloween build are great, they're all so individual! Well done on both!
    Day 69 Shell/Random Sim Challenge

I hit random once on two different sims and just changed their hair style and clothes, I even hit random on their names, and then randomized a kid for them and changed her hairstyle and clothes.

Sim Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/EE6550FE13F311EB8EC492C6BCF1FE28?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=clousinators&max=50&maxis=false

Adriana Rossi, Traits: Music Lover, Snob, Self-Assured. Wants to accel in the arts career and encourage her daughter to follow her footsteps. Also really likes blue.
    bnDSOS0.png

Everett Willard, Traits: Good, Bro, Family Oriented. Just wants to make things in his workshop and build his athletic skill. Is really just a simple guy
    GSAhfCE.png

Their daughter Lauryn. Artistic and a Genius
    PWlQY3C.png

The lot link for the gallery: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/5A1A64F413F311EB8CC292C6BCF1FE28?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=clousinators&max=50&maxis=true

Slideshow: https://imgur.com/a/BGDZphi

kZiinyg.png
    rgazzuK.png
    w9Smv9k.pngEzPP0QY.pngEqGBaR2.png
    @icanhassims Sad news about your Father, I'm so sorry for you and your family. Sending thoughts and prayers across the miles. I love your two new builds. Great job on those. I think the dogs are my favorite. :)

@IllusoryThrall I confess I haven't touched Day 2 to make the rooms since finishing the Sims for it. I know it's only Day 2, but I'm starting to feel a bit overwhelmed doing both Sims and a build (or rooms) for each day already. With my perfectionism, it takes me forever just to make one Sim, let alone a complete build (which takes me forever too) in addition to them. Not your fault at all, it's completely my own based on how I create.

Perhaps I'll revisit this challenge again one day, but for now, it's become too stressful for me to continue. I'm in a mindset where I just want to get immersed in gameplay. Surprises me to say that since building/decorating was my original reason for playing the Sims right from the beginning. I hope you understand. I'll still post pics of the Sims I made for Day 2 and put them on the Gallery though if that's alright? Let me know. :)
    @Karababy52 Feel free to post anything you do for this challenge whenever you'd like. And I agree, no sense working on a challenge that's stressing you out! :smiley: It's about having fun! And you're welcome to lurk or comment as you'd like. In fact, you could even just go through and do parts of the challenge. It doesn't have to be "complete" to be "right". :wink: It takes me forever for one build, too, so I'm not even sorta keeping up with some of the other people who are doing the challenge, but that's okay, too. :heart:
    I decided to go back and try my hand at a "weird" sim but the biggest challenge was that mismatched house!! I was almost too embarrassed to upload it to the gallery. And a few people have still downloaded it. lol

Day and Theme: Day 5 - Wierd Sim/Mismatched House
    Gallery name & link: Ugly Mismatched Tiny Home & Nestor Hatton
    Link to slideshow: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/day-5-weird-simmismatched-house.html
    Notes: I decided to focus on the sim's sense of style as "odd" instead of making a sim look especially weird. Though I did mess with his nose a bit.
    Ugly Mismatched Tiny Home
    10-19-20-4-39-04-pm_orig.png
    10-19-20-4-40-02-pm.png
    10-19-20-4-40-58-pm.png

Nestor Hatton
    nestor-hatton_orig.jpg
    nestor-hatton-attributes_orig.png
    nestor-hatton-outfits_orig.png
    @icanhassims You know, I actually think the house is cute. And I sympathize on the mismatched being hard! I had a tough time with it, too! Congrats on a job well done, though! I LOOOVE his outfits. You were so much braver on the strange outfit bit than I was. :smiley:
    @IllusoryThrall Thank you for understanding, your words of encouragement/advice and the continued welcome in this thread. <3

@icanhassims Nestor and his mismatched house look fabulous! Even mismatched, I really like how you designed/decorated the house. Also, I have a fondness for that quirky mustache. A lot of Simmers don't like it, but I think it's fun! One of my favored Sims of mine, Eddy 'Spaghetti' Lovel, has that mustache and I feel like he just wouldn't be Eddy without it!

Here's the Sims half of the Day 2 challenge - Different Ages Same Sim. I put their wardrobe pics, aspirations, and traits under the spoiler. They've been uploaded to the Gallery as well. Hope you like them, er, her! Jayda was the base for all the other Sims. All I changed was their hairstyles, make-up, clothes and names. Oh, and in their file they're all related as you might guess from the description. Right click on the images to open in a new tab and then click on them again to make them bigger to see more details. :)

iH9jivd.png

P7F7iMX.png
    Juliett James (Toddler) - Trait: Charmer

leMD5cu.png

Jackie James (Child) - Aspiration: Rambunctious Scamp Trait: Active

H7okXMJ.png

Jayne James (Teen) - Aspiration: Musical Genius Traits: Creative, Music Lover

kF32d50.png

Jayda James (Young Adult) - Aspiration: Best Selling Author Traits: Creative, Art Lover, Perfectionist

dzyVzAZ.png

JoAnna James (Adult) - Aspiration: Painter Extraordinaire Traits: Creative, Family Oriented, Foodie

fqw8R4c.png

June James (Elder) - Aspiration: Lady of The Knits Traits: Creative, Neat, Good

Nj4YKb6.png

Happy Simming! <3
    @Karababy52 I love the James family! Having gone through my own rebellious goth phase as a teen, I'm especially in love with Jayne.
    Day and Theme: Day 25 - Emotion/Mood
    Gallery name & link: Romantic Home & Rose Delight
    Link to slideshow: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/day-25-emotionmood.html
    Notes: I decided to go with the flirty emotion
    Romantic Home
    romantic-home_orig.png
    10-22-20-10-58-26-pm.png
    10-22-20-10-45-31-pm.png