Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape EP 10 Teaser

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Looking at the map leak I'm thinking that the lowest neighborhood looks more modern, the middle more traditional, and the upper centered around the winter/mountain sports.

I've honestly been expecting this pack since the surveys dropped earlier this year and I'm so excited it's become a real thing! I even hoped it would be located in Japan, so this is a double win for me personally.

Things I'm hoping for:

- A nice mix of modern and traditional Japanese inspired styles for CAS and BB as well as some more winter clothing.
    - Hotels, but I'd also be content if they unlock rental lots for all worlds.
    - A hot spring we can place that sims can soak in
    - Martial arts (I'm not holding out too much hope for this since it doesn't really fit the theme)
    - A new fitness aspiration based on winter sports
    - A new woohoo spot (igloo?) and a new death
    - The ability to break bones if you wipe out
    - Traits that are less world specific like Daredevil or Brave/Coward

In one of the many posts that I've made on this subject, I suggested that you could give your sim a foot cast (basically a thick sock/boot) and/or a wrist cast (like a fingerless glove).

Then your sim could spend time by the fire sipping hot chocolate and getting sympathy from other vacationers.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Well, it seems from the screen shot @lilsimsie kindly provided, that there will be three neighborhoods with five lots each and a common mountain area to explore and "play" on as per the pictures in the hint. It appears to be a world we can live in as there are house lots (but they could be rentals). In the lower neighborhood there are two visible lot icons, a lounge and a new icon, a star, that is unknown for now. In the middle neighborhood, we can see two lot icons, warning unfinished and a bar. The upper neighborhood only shows one icon and it is unknown at this time but, IMO, appears to be of the house shaped versions of residential and tiny home, so it could, hopefully, be a hotel icon.

On the mountain, there appears to be slopes for snowboarding and sledding. To the right there appears to be a possible "state park" where our sims could explore and maybe go mountain climbing and, if we're lucky meet a Yeti.

There is a definite Asian look which I like very much.

According to SimGuruGraham several gamechangers "helped" with this pack and, based on lilsimsie's leak, also are playing it to test(?) it.

If this is the next EP, it looks promising. It is a bigger world than I feared we would get. If it has fun game play, then maybe this collaboration with people who actually play the game they create, might be the way to go from now on.

50506844446_cbb2bf583a_k.jpg

That "star" looks like the icon used for rental lots -- look at the maps for Selvadorada and Granite Falls. So maybe they've figured out a way to combine rentals and residential in the same world? Maybe they wanted to do that for Sulani but couldn't get the game mechanics right, but now it works. Imagine changing one of the Sulani lots into a honeymoon location, or maybe putting a rental in Oasis Springs for Sims tired of the snow in Windenburg. If we can't get actual resorts, this would be a good second choice; almost like a Sims AirBnB. B) (I wonder if AirBnB and other services might be more popular now, as you can go somewhere new yet easily isolate yourself from others who might have the virus.)

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Things I'm hoping for:

- A nice mix of modern and traditional Japanese inspired styles for CAS and BB as well as some more winter clothing.
    - Hotels, but I'd also be content if they unlock rental lots for all worlds.
    - A hot spring we can place that sims can soak in
    - Martial arts (I'm not holding out too much hope for this since it doesn't really fit the theme)
    - A new fitness aspiration based on winter sports
    - A new woohoo spot (igloo?) and a new death
    - The ability to break bones if you wipe out
    - Traits that are less world specific like Daredevil or Brave/Coward

We definitely need a new fitness based aspiration!

I'd like to see martial arts too, and tai chi. I thought they did the sparring in ts3 pretty well, though it would be nice to include solo training, like sword katas or something as well.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    n the lower neighborhood there are two visible lot icons, a lounge and a new icon, a star, that is unknown for now.

50506844446_cbb2bf583a_k.jpg

Actually @Dannydanbo , that "star" icon represents rental lots in GF ans Selvadorada and is the icon for vacation worlds.

IF that is the case, I wonder if they are maybe opening up that lot type to us to use. That would be AWESOME. We would be able to place one in any world for rental. Like Sulani.

When I was playing, I had a generic lot in each neighbourhood that was like a bed and breakfast for my sims to travel around.
    It would be nice to have dedicated lots even in Brindleton Bay for someone who just wants a vacay, or where they want to stay a few days to collect things, or look around and check things out.

I did that because it just seemed too far-fetched to travel from San Myshuno to Windenburg on a whim for a few hours. lol

Thank you for the info. I had forgotten to check the Vacation Word lot icons. It would be great if we could place rentals wherever we wanted. I, also, have created a few generic lot hotels. What I really want is Bed & Breakfast programing so we can own, live and work there.

That would be nice, but honestly, I can't see it happening. It would need a complete overhaul at the retail level so our sims could own and live there too. And they've never done that. The game doesn't connect a sim as owner at all and you can see that if you send a different sim to visit a shop owned by another sim. That sim is no where to be found and it is manned by random sims. It's unfortunate that S4 does not have the level of detail of previous games.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I think it's possible we could get a Bed and Breakfast GP, possibly using a form of the roommate system introduced in DU.

As for the retail bit, where you don't see the owner on a retail lot, that's actually quite common in real life; most owners don't show up at their business which is why they hire managers. :)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited October 2020
    Marnetti wrote: »

No hate. I just think it’s ironic how they went to people who live in areas where it doesn’t snow for help on this (Idk about Simlicy though). Kinda funny 😅
    How do we know though they went to them for climate related business? Maybe they went to them to create households or clothing. Or create a build. The climate of one country doesn’t exactly define a person’s ability to do something. they most likely went to ppl who actually know about the country.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Thank you @simgirl1010 for bringing this new pack info to the attention of the forum as I don't have a twitter or Facebook account so can only get new information on these threads :)

Like many have already stated I would love it to be a world where my sims can live as well as visit but I will take what I can get where winter sports are concerned as I love them..

looking at the map with those little squiggles drawn I am so hoping for skiing and snowboarding down a mountain as opposed to a ski pipe that would be so awesome..

The final cherry on the cake for me personally would be resorts and hotels coming back as I love to play those too..

I never watch live streams anymore but i will defo be watching this one :)
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    So good to see lots of positive comments for once! Getting sick of the negative people jumping on every single announcement. Super excited for this pack ☺ reminds me of TS1 Vacation!
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Sledding, snow boarding, and rock climbing is what I see on the teaser. Didn’t see any hotels in the leak, but it’s a vacation world from the looks of it (lot type icons)

If that map is legit then it looks like a mixture of Residential (no icon) and Rental (sun/starburst icon) lots, as well as other lots typically found in residential worlds.

There is a new lot type on the mountain but I can't make out the icon so it could be anything.

No icon could also mean occupied since it looks like she was playtesting it. Salvadora included lot types that at the time were typical of residential worlds (bar, museum) and a new lot type (tomb). I think this looks like a vacation world and I think that’s the right choice for this kind of gameplay.

Occupied rental lots still have an icon (it's the same icon, just with a plumbob next to it).

Bz94HNy.jpg

Only unoccupied residential lots don't have an icon.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    ExxCee wrote: »
    So good to see lots of positive comments for once! Getting sick of the negative people jumping on every single announcement. Super excited for this pack ☺ reminds me of TS1 Vacation!

i mean we still have to see what's on it. so far it sounds good but devs always find a way to mess up but hopefully i'm wrong on this for once
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited October 2020

And I was sick of being given reasons to jump. Whether or not that changes is yet to be seen but so far I'm hopeful lol
    bellagoth_ wrote: »

i mean we still have to see what's on it. so far it sounds good but devs always find a way to mess up but hopefully i'm wrong on this for once

For me, it's not that they "mess up" as much as seem to do a half a$$ job thinking that modders will finish it off. If that is their thinking, then they should cut their prices by half.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    Okay, if this is what it is, it's one I can get behind. I'll just squirrel away the $40.00 for it. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

For me, it's not that they "mess up" as much as seem to do a half a$$ job thinking that modders will finish it off. If that is their thinking, then they should cut their prices by half.

i think they lack the necessary skills for the position they are, as seen in the bad coding and stuff. we don't know for sure what's the issue inside the department so we're just assuming of course. anyways they tend to victimize themselves and make excuses so it doesn't help when it comes to jump to conclusions.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Omg y’all I’m so excited. I wanted this pack the minute they dropped the survey asking about it. Here is hoping it is a combo world or that we can now place rentals anywhere because I’d be so down for that. And that there are hotels as well (maybe a new business type?).

Anyway I have to say this is the first time a pack this year has made everyone excited and not disappointed. It’s kind of nice to see players really looking forward to new info.

Nothing ever seems to work the way you imagine it might and the packs are not near as cohesive as you feel like they should be!

Biggest egs I can think of:

Get to Work.....Can't go to the hospital as a patient. Can't have an apt at your retail lot. No cops roaming the streets outside of playing the career, and no actual burglars.

City Living.....can't make our own apartment lots. Can't rebuild existing ones. (And festivals RUINED outfit categories and what our sims wear or change in to)

I just can't trust this team to put out anything that actually is fun to play and integrates well with the other dlc. They ruin it....each and every time.

I actually see them "tee-heeing" thinking something will be fun.....but if they ACTUALLY PLAYED the game, they would know that all the things they are tee-heeing about in the boardroom are not fun, or funny at all.

• halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    NGL, I was hoping for something supernatural, so I'm disappointed in that aspect, but otherwise, this is fine. I'm withholding judgement until I see a trailer and hear more info on the pack.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member

Nothing ever seems to work the way you imagine it might and the packs are not near as cohesive as you feel like they should be!

Get to Work.....Can't go to the hospital as a patient. Can't have an apt at your retail lot. No cops roaming the streets outside of playing the career, and no actual burglars.

City Living.....can't make our own apartment lots. Can't rebuild existing ones. (And festivals RUINED outfit categories and what our sims wear or change in to)

I just can't trust this team to put out anything that actually is fun to play and integrates well with the other dlc. They ruin it....each and every time.

I actually see them "tee-heeing" thinking something will be fun.....but if they ACTUALLY PLAYED the game, they would know that all the things they are tee-heeing about in the boardroom are not fun, or funny at all.

What I've noticed is that it's returning features (like the ones in those packs) that they can't ever seem to get right, for whatever reason. But their newer ideas, or the newer things that they add onto old concepts, those tend to have a better chance....tend to. Journey to Batuu and Strangerville are enough proof that thinking outside the box doesn't always yield a good product.

That said, I really don't see how they could possibly mess this up (then again, I said same thing about City Living and that's still the only pack I outright regret buying). It helps that it's a concept that hasn't really been explored since TS1, so it's harder to set expectations for it.
  • Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    Wait. Snowy locale that needs a supernatural life state...could it be that our Sims can become...THE YETAY?!
    Aquarius94 wrote: »

What I've noticed is that it's returning features (like the ones in those packs) that they can't ever seem to get right, for whatever reason. But their newer ideas, or the newer things that they add onto old concepts, those tend to have a better chance....tend to. Journey to Batuu and Strangerville are enough proof that thinking outside the box doesn't always yield a good product.

That said, I really don't see how they could possibly mess this up (then again, I said same thing about City Living and that's still the only pack I outright regret buying). It helps that it's a concept that hasn't really been explored since TS1, so it's harder to set expectations for it.

I just can't see myself buying anything for S4. Even if this looks good enough for what I might want, I will never pay full price. So that means waiting for a sale, or another GP to make a bundle. This game has too many issues and lack of depth to invest anything other than 50% of their asking price.
    edited October 2020
    @Aquarius94 @fullspiral the reason packs make no difference is because of the limited code & engine of the game. this has been said both by devs and modders. no mater how many packs they release, the issue is not that there isn't this furniture or that clothing, the issue is the core of the game, the own system, the coding, the AI, the algorithm, the lack of animations, the lack of features, the lack of depth, the lack of different personalities among the sims, the fact they have 0 memory and they behave according to their emotions rather to their traits, the limited options, the lack of replayability, the amount of effort we have to put to pretend the game is the way we want it to be, etc.
    the biggest excuse devs got when it comes to ts4 is that they scrapped the whole online mode and bla bla. i did give them the benefit of the doubt but what upsets me is how instead of trying to fix the issues, they pretend they can ignore them and the players and keep giving more and more excuses. i think it's either cuz ea doesn't allow them a rest to fix the game with all the packs schedule, or because devs are too lazy to check all the coding and rework the problems of the game. i do also think they tend to rely too much on modders to fix the bugs. i also think devs are quite incompetent for the position they're in... it's what they show us anyways.
    Wait. Snowy locale that needs a supernatural life state...could it be that our Sims can become...THE YETAY?!

The bear in Granite Falls is nothing more than a sim in a costume. So, I will place a mine opening somewhere in that State Park(?) lot that leads to the Forgotten Grotto where my sim dressed as a Yeti (costume from Get Famous) can live and abduct sims into his lair to play Don't Wake The Llama.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited October 2020
    Felicity wrote: »
    lilmsimsie has accidentally leaked this weeks ago and im just seeing this tweet not cos yall slept on this leak abt this pls lol omg :D

Not to be a pessimist but Im gonna be one anyway. Why couldn't they make the world bigger, we finally dont get another boring world but now it is small but big for TS4 standards. Rather had this Windenburg size................. EA really needs to make these 40 dollar packs worth it.

I had the same reaction -- I counted. It's funny, as mad as everyone was about how few lots Get Famous had, the devs certainly don't care that people want larger worlds. I wonder if this one is going to be a vacation world, though, or if sims can live there. And I'm really hoping there's a second theme to this pack.

I count 14 lots, that would be ok for TS4 standards ...

@alanmichael1 I counted 11. I think the other three are neighborhood icons, though I'd love it if I were wrong.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I love the premise. I'm just trying to keep my expectations in check.
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    This is what I was expecting with the SW icon leak. So far the concept reminds me of one of the destination worlds in The Sims: Vacation which I loved. Now to wait and see what it offers. I have saved 80 simoleons so far. Well, I might buy NK on sale.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I’m not sure what to think. I have no interest in extreme temperature worlds or hotels or vacation worlds. But the thought that we could live in a traditional, green, Asian-inspired world sounds fabulous! And I’m really hoping for new Asian-inspired CAS and BB items. Most of all, I’m hoping for a patch so that we can all choose for ourselves which lots are destination and which are residential. I’ll just keep my fingers crossed that the pack offers what I’m hoping for. So far, every pack has added something to my play, so I’m sure this one will too.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: