Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The New Pack: Well, the name sounds like disappointment.

Comments

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Cats & Dogs
    Discover University

Do you see any words with "Get to" and "Living" with these Expansion Packs?
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I love the name! Snowy Escape. Imagine curling up around the fireplace with a mug of hot chocolate after a day out on the slopes. <3 Can't wait to hear more. And I'm okay with a residential or vacation world.

It's a Japan inspired world, think our sims will have to settle for expensive tea to warm up after ski.

Warm Sake.

Mmmm...now warm sake i mean nectar is something Id enjoy for my sims. Nice and relaxing way to ease tense moods. I doubt it will be in the EP, but its a nice thought.
  • Options
    BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    @adamzaid explain to me how "Snowy Escape" is a very japanese title for a pack? haha Anyway, yes, I think its a japanese inspired world, but I don't think the name is the reason. hahaah XD
    They may have been talking about the world's name, Mt. Komorebi.

I will say this. I'm not excited, but I'm not disappointed. They've been toying with the idea of winter activities for a few surveys, so I'm not surprised, either.

What I'm not very sure I like is the choice of game changers. They're all builders. We'll find out what exactly they helped with soon, but I'm worried that it'll be very build focused again. I would've preferred Plumbella or EnglishSimmer, they care a lot about game play (different life stages, traits, etc.) At least lilsimsie made a video about the lack of interesting sims and how there needs to be better personalities and traits, but James and SimLicy (to my knowledge) are very build centric. And I don't think Deli sees the real problems with the game at all.

But as much as I know at the moment, they could've just added a couple of builds and gave opinions on Build/Buy. I'm not a builder, so it just doesn't interest me, haha.
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    BreeNilla wrote: »
    @adamzaid explain to me how "Snowy Escape" is a very japanese title for a pack? haha Anyway, yes, I think its a japanese inspired world, but I don't think the name is the reason. hahaah XD

I will say this. I'm not excited, but I'm not disappointed. They've been toying with the idea of winter activities for a few surveys, so I'm not surprised, either.

What I'm not very sure I like is the choice of game changers. They're all builders. We'll find out what exactly they helped with soon, but I'm worried that it'll be very build focused again. I would've preferred Plumbella or EnglishSimmer, they care a lot about game play (different life stages, traits, etc.) At least lilsimsie made a video about the lack of interesting sims and how there needs to be better personalities and traits, but James and SimLicy (to my knowledge) are very build centric. And I don't think Deli sees the real problems with the game at all.

But as much as I know at the moment, they could've just added a couple of builds and gave opinions on Build/Buy. I'm not a builder, so it just doesn't interest me, haha.

As point out above, maybe the GC's main purpose was just to make sure the pre-built lots actually A) are good looking and B) playable without having to remodel.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member

i was talking abt the towns name my bad sorry i didnd mention it and also the map leak does suggest that its a japenese mountain town too, also i think this pack is going to be gameplay driven regerdless of the game changers they choose.
  • Options
    Okay, so...
    https://twitter.com/TheSims/status/1318204155002048513

Mountain climbing, snowboarding, tourism?
    The climbing looks fun, although I am 110% sure about 200 Simmers on this forum will yell about "recycled animations" (because it WILL use the climbing wall animations!).
    The rest? Not for me, but I am not a winter person.

And again, if it's vacation only, it's a no go.
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    @Karon it's a lounge, not a karaoke.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited October 2020
    I might get it when it's on sale some day but it's not a "must buy" pack for me. I'll watch the trailer and livestreams and stuff but I doubt I'll be in a big rush for it because snowy weather isn't really my thing. Still, I'm thankful it's something I might like one day rather than something I definitely don't like such as Batuu. I'd still rather have dragons though!

Hmm now I'm thinking about ice dragons though...
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Cats & Dogs
    Discover University

Do you see any words with "Get to" and "Living" with these Expansion Packs?

@SERVERFRA no. But it opened up the possibility of a Discover High School EP, and a Horses GP/Wild Animals GP. ETC.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member

@BreeNilla girl, I doubt they'll work with game changers to add features to the game. No. Keep your expectations low, we'll probably have houses built by them, families created by them, MAYBE... MAYBE... they helped to choose object/clothing swatches. Which I doubt. Don't think they developed some object/game mechanics for EA.
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    i really hope its a world you can live in. not a vaction world. but i wonder how it will be in peoples games who dont own seasons.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    HucklekreeHucklekree Posts: 129 Member
    I don't much care who partnered with the team to get this done. I want to know the answer to the only question that matters:
    Does this Exapansion Pack add meaningful, in-depth gameplay to the whole game?

This iteration of The Sims is a big disappointment for me. I expected so much from it, well really just wanted updated visuals to the already awesome gameplay. But I realize that was alot to ask for this time around.

Instead we got a game that originally was meant to be a second Secondlife. Where sims were avatars with cutesy traits that had no real bearing on them as their true personality was supposed to be supplied by the person behind the avatar as they navigate the created online multiplayer space.

I miss the days where sims felt like their own entity. Where they interacted with each other and had wants and fears. It seems we just keep getting more stuff for sims to play with but no actual framework to free them so they can be more than barbie dolls.
  • Options
    CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    i really hope its a world you can live in. not a vaction world. but i wonder how it will be in peoples games who dont own seasons.

I hope Seasons isn't needed. I haven't bought it because I don't want snow in my game. I'd be okay with just one world of snow though.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Hucklekree wrote: »
    I don't much care who partnered with the team to get this done. I want to know the answer to the only question that matters:

I doubt it but maybe a few of the new snowy activities won’t be region locked. So far everything they’ve shown seems pretty world specific.
  • Options

This iteration of The Sims is a big disappointment for me. I expected so much from it, well really just wanted updated visuals to the already awesome gameplay. But I realize that was alot to ask for this time around.

Instead we got a game that originally was meant to be a second Secondlife. Where sims were avatars with cutesy traits that had no real bearing on them as their true personality was supposed to be supplied by the person behind the avatar as they navigate the created online multiplayer space.

I miss the days where sims felt like their own entity. Where they interacted with each other and had wants and fears. It seems we just keep getting more stuff for sims to play with but no actual framework to free them so they can be more than barbie dolls.

Oddly enough I think of the Expansion packs Get Together is the one that impacted my gameplay the most. City Living was great but apart from the actual world it was the idea of lot traits that was the important thing there.
    Quite frankly almost every pack that i enjoy the most have been Game packs and stuff packs.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    The actual expansion pack name is a bit meh but I love the name of the world/mountain!

What is komorebi?

Komorebi (木漏れ日): Sunshine filtering through the trees
  • Options
    @BreeNilla girl, I doubt they'll work with game changers to add features to the game. No. Keep your expectations low, we'll probably have houses built by them, families created by them, MAYBE... MAYBE... they helped to choose object/clothing swatches. Which I doubt. Don't think they developed some object/game mechanics for EA.
    Pfft, you right though. My expectations are actually buried. I wouldn't think they had a big hand in helping, but just the option to suggest things. The most likely thing they helped with is the builds. I'm just craving gameplay 😭
    Yeah...the snow activities would probably be good for seasons, but I do hope they add more than just what's in the new world. I don't really like travelling in game because loading screens are a pain and vacation worlds are usually a one and done type of thing for me. At this point, I'm more excited about the pre-pack patch.
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    The game changers probably just built a couple of lots and made some sims. The same thing happened in Eco Lifestyle with the English Simmer and Simproved. I see no problem with that. Actually I think it's great, considering how terrible EA's builds and premades are.

I was very excited about the pack at first, because I like the theme, but honestly, we need hotels in this pack. Otherwise, it's Island Living 2.0: just a nice world with no gameplay.

But I don't want to be negative now. Let's see the trailer and hope they have some good gameplay for us.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    The game changers probably just built a couple of lots and made some sims. The same thing happened in Eco Lifestyle with the English Simmer and Simproved. I see no problem with that. Actually I think it's great, considering how terrible EA's builds and premades are.

I was very excited about the pack at first, because I like the theme, but honestly, we need hotels in this pack. Otherwise, it's Island Living 2.0: just a nice world with no gameplay.

But I don't want to be negative now. Let's see the trailer and hope they have some good gameplay for us.

Yeah what's up with that, they used to be really good at creating pre-made Sims and houses in previous games, I even always play pre-made Sims and houses in previous games.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited October 2020
    izecson wrote: »

Yeah what's up with that, they used to be really good at creating pre-made Sims and houses in previous games, I even always play pre-made Sims and houses in previous games.

I love the premade sims of the Sims 4. What makes me sad about them is the way they were set up with no backstories or relationships.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member

i think the sims design in ts4 isn't so bad but they lack a backstory.
    i agree past sims games had better premades though i've gotten some favs on ts4 as well
  • Options
    GreyWindGreyWind Posts: 489 Member
    If this is going to be a strictly vacation world then I hope this expansion is packed with gameplay and features. Snow depth, wind that affect objects, more social interactions...

I feel with The Sims 4 the words expansion pack have lost its meaning.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member

Yes! I loved playing with pre-mades in Sims 2 and even in Sims 3, but in Sims 4 they're just so weird and have no relationships and stories. Look at Dina, Nina and Katrina Caliente. What is that?? And Jhonny Zest not even knowing his family at all. Don't even get me started on Judith Ward.

The Greenburgs in Eco-Lifestyle were made by the English Simmer and you can totally see the difference between what she did, and what EA does. They look so unique and have an interesting story.

I do love the Pancakes, though. They're iconic.
  • Options
    Maybe they just assume that most players are builders/CAS players who make their own families and use the premades as filler.

I would like to see what kind of premades could come with a Japanese-inspired place.
  • Options
    Maybe they just assume that most players are builders/CAS players who make their own families and use the premades as filler.

I would like to see what kind of premades could come with a Japanese-inspired place.

The sad part is that after the first generation dies they will all look like poop and wear random poop for clothing. Just like in Sulani.