Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape could be good, but would it require Seasons?

I like the Seasons EP but not everyone has it. I was just wondering whether it would be required for this pack. If not, how would that work? Would we have two packs that add snow? Would that be a missed opportunity that they could have incorporated into Seasons?

If Seasons is required, is it fair to force people to buy another EP to make this one work? So many questions!

Comments

• candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    It has been confirmed that seasons is not required.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Simgurufrost said no. No seasons required 🤭
    How it works I don't know.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited October 2020
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited October 2020
    No snowstorm without Season EP, no weather like the other world.

The snow is probably eternal.
  • asa144asa144 Posts: 606 Member
    OK, thanks for letting me know. I hope they clarify how it will work soon! I am desperately hoping for hotels as well!
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Also thinking no snowman, snowball fights, or snow angels.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Simgurufrost said no. No seasons required 🤭
    How it works I don't know.

It works by a new snow terrain so there is always snow on the ground even if you don't have seasons.
  • asa144asa144 Posts: 606 Member
    I just watched the trailer and am very salty over the lack of hotels. This is the third missed opportunity to add them to the game. I am not sure that $40 is worth it for some outdoor activities and things that should have been added to previous packs.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I would imagine for those who do not have seasons, there would be snow in this world and this world only. Maybe it's a different type of snow, I don't know about that - but it's kind of what I always figured they would do for a Snowy/Mountain type of EP/GP. That way everyone is covered and can play it.

But, I imagine the overwhelming number of people do have seasons so it won't matter, but why box themselves into a corner when the coding is probably fairly easy to manage.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Will the weather changes in Seasons affect the world in the new EP? Like would it rain in this world? Just wondering.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Echo17121Echo17121 Posts: 88 Member
    Yeah I'm more concerned with how Seasons will work WITH this game as opposed to without it honestly. Because, EA bugs.