Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Neighbourhood Talk: Season 2! 31/Jan/21

Comments

• Options
    candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    @Maladi777 omg aren't you cruel :sweat_smile::sweat_smile: I'd never kill - nvm
    anyway.
    Believe me when I tell you Herbert is much more fun if he stays alive 🤭

That's some theory tho. Mae and Mari would probably have a v rocky start then.
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    I’m loving reading everyone’s answers to these questions. So interesting. I’m not sure I can add anything of value! I agree so much with @ThePlumbob’s analysis!
  • Options
    WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    For your specific feedback needs darling 😘

1. Did you think the events of Paris make sense in context of S1?
    Yes, I did; no elaboration here, for as far as I can recall, it all rolled together.

2. Did the Paris Retrospective change your view/opinion about S1 characters/events?
    Inevitably yes, getting to know any characters more by seeing their past can't help but influence perception. Franny and Mae the most, obviously, though perhaps Franny more than Mae; I still feel like a lot of what she has going on in S1 is mysterious.
    Definitely I feel like the mystery of Franny and Rosa has fallen into context. Even though we don't see the whole process, it's easy to follow that path in your mind to suppose how they ended up where they are in S1.

3. Anything that surprised you?
    The whole kidnapping plot was a fun surprise, as well as its resolution. We need more fun surprises in simlit, more consequences, more worrying about the fate of characters, more not knowing for a certainty what's going to happen.
    Those qualities were both my favourite part of Paris, as well as the things that surprised me the most. I'm sure I'm not alone in liking fresh plots and characters that have heart and complexity!

4. What were your initial expectations/theories about Mae+Fran's past?
    I can't remember having any overly ornate theories going into Paris, though I suspected (or maybe it was wishful thinking?) that their connection had been romantic in nature at some point.
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited October 2020
    Because you asked me so nicely to answer these (practically held me at a gunpoint, but I forgive U! :kissing_heart: )

1. Did you think the events of Paris make sense in context of S1?
    I believe they did. I'm glad the mystery of Mae's and Franny's past was explained. Not gonna lie, I'm hoping we'll get a detailed insight into other characters and their past too, because it was fun with Mae and Francesco and it added so much depth to their chars.

2. Did the Paris Retrospective change your view/opinion about S1 characters/events?
    My general opinion of them didn't change that much. I still hold grudges against them for some of their actions :smirk: but I can say I now regard them with something that resembles understanding.

3. Anything that surprised you?
    The biggest surprise was the amount of work you put into the whole Paris part of the story. I didn't expect that. Maybe you hadn't either. :D There's a lot of side characters but you portrayed them so well and gave them so much depth that they competed for my attention with your main cast. They aren't just cardboard pieces, they live and breathe, are driven. Saying goodbye to them was the hardest part about the end of Paris part.

4. What were your initial expectations/theories about Mae+Fran's past?
    I didn't expect the whole gang thing for sure. I also didn't expect to find Francesco in such state and such dangerous relationship when we first met him. After the first season's rather carefree mood it set a completely different tone and I loved it.
    Your writing (and screenshoting) gets better and better. Every new chapter is a real treat. I can't wait to see what you have in store for us next.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    @AudreyFld ahhh don't worry, I really liked your comments on the chapters <3 it was clear that you enjoyed reading them.

@WagonFruit @Maladi777 ty gals :kissing_heart: I admit my biggest worry was that I'd open too many plot holes or that the past would contradict the present, so I'm glad that apparently it is not the case xD
  • Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    And may I add to the feedback that I simply love that neither Franny or Mae ever knew what exactly was going on with the kidnapping. Like, explaining is good and nice and it must all make sense but it is so very realistic that they never quite got to know the full extent and I love that fact.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    edited October 2020
    I just came here to gush about the new banner!! Everyone looks so good! :love: And I spy a couple of new faces!

Also, Franny with that lollipop is precious, lol!

Definitely hyped about the new season now!
  • Options
    OMG. The new banner is awesome! Franny looks so laid back with lollipop. I love it.
  • Options
    @MrsRacooney Thank you!! I always found it so unrealistic when the villains reveal literally everything to their victims (and in this case, tony too haha) so I'm glad this is appreciated! I hope with Leroux' perspective & Charli's observations added there is still enough revealed for the reader to connect some ties, at least.

@ThePlumbob aww thanks that is so sweet :blush: yeah they all got make overs and also there's two new ones! and I'm soooo excited to write them- esp Ben is such a sweetheart :blush:

@AudreyFld hehe thank you <3 yeah it wasn't so obvious in Paris with all the mental instability, but Fran is actually pretty chill. Still quite a hot head though, if things don't go his way :smirk:
  • Options
    SO.
    I made a casting call.
    Send me your simbs :blush:<3

LINK
  • Options
    Eeek. I need to get this done!
  • Options
    Okay - I might be late to the game but I made a couple of sims. They are just friends..... feel free to use and adjust however you see fit.

Here is the link to the tray files. Let me know if you can't download for some reason.

6cHFk9U.png
    mi1KGZh.png

• Options
    @AudreyFld Wow. Those are very pretty sims. Great job! I hope we get to see them in the story.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    @Maladi777 wrote: »
    @AudreyFld Wow. Those are very pretty sims. Great job! I hope we get to see them in the story.
    Thanks!!!
  • Options
    ahhh thank you @AudreyFld ! They are beautiful omg! I'll have to find them a role where they can stay very long hehe <3
  • Options
    ahhh thank you @AudreyFld ! They are beautiful omg! I'll have to find them a role where they can stay very long hehe <3

That’s sweet. But use them how they work.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    We're back!!
    I love Fran & Mae, but srly I missed the others and I hope you too ✨

63463c3e1f799ca03013e6cb43b2ca7cdd6ac570.png
    S2/01.01 Trash Talk - Linda West
    Post edited by candycottonchu on
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    edited January 2021
    So I am excited to see what happens. :) I sure wish I could remember what happened before though. :(:D
    I need to do some extra reading.
  • Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    *squee*

Okay

That was amazing.

I need to pick my jaw up from wherever it fell on the floor. But. Ah. Im so giddy with excitement that you've started S2. 🎊
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    This chapter was such a wonderful surprise. Such a gem.
    There's all this mess that Mae and Franny left in their wake at the end of season 1. Angry neighbours siding either with Rosa, Herbert or in rare cases with Mae, many of them taking out their anger on Linda. All this might make you think that those are the most important events of this chapter, but they are only a backdrop to the really important stuff. To the thing that happened subtly without anyone noticing in a matter of few minutes, in a few spoken words and a great deal of silence. The hostile neighbours will eventually calm down and gossip will cease and people will find other things to occupy themselves with, but the few silent minutes between Linda and Frank likely changed their relationship forever.
    I love all the subtle things in this chapter. I could almost see @candycottonchu winking at me from some screenshots encouraging me to laugh with her at hidden jokes. Even more is revealed about our beloved characters in things that are left unsaid.
    Both Frank and Linda really shine in this chapter. I thought I had them both figured out. I thought Frank was the stereotypical lovesick puppy following Linda everywhere. But in this chapter he showed us he's more than that. He's a man of high morals. The truth about Linda's affair with a married man was a hard blow for him. He'd held her in high esteem, probably hadn't even thought himself worthy of her. Only to realize she's not as perfect as he believed. He's disappointed in her, obviously. It's so unfair of him, though. And so... human. Because it's so easy to fall into the trap of wrong assumptions and high expectations.
    And she's defenseless. You can't compete with someone's idealized image of you of which existence you didn't even have an idea, can you? So she's being herself trying to apply reason and logic which only fuels Frank's growing impression that she's cold and unfeeling, so different from his fantasy Linda, someone he doesn't recognize anymore. In all the mess caused by Mae and Francesco, Frank was Linda's rock. She only started to realize it, to really see him and appreciate him. And all of a sudden she's losing him. All because of her past affair with Alejandro who wasn't even worth it. Nothing comes without a price and actions have consequences as they should. I love how wonderfully clueless Linda is regarding the reason behind Frank's strange and seemingly extreme reaction. From her POV they have been friends nothing more. Friends don't judge each other so harshly. You can forgive a friend things that you can't forgive your partner/husband. And therein lies the rub.
    Did I mention I loved this chapter? :D
    Masterful.
    Post edited by Maladi777 on
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    I couldn’t have said it better than everyone else! <3 We are thrilled to have these complex and fun characters back. Looking forward to more Frank and Linda.
  • Options
    @haswh ah it's a while ago that I finished S1! But the chapters aren't going anywhere you can read whenever :)

@mercuryfoam @AudreyFld @Maladi777 <3<3<3 thank you!

@Maladi777 You said this so beautiful! And you're right, these few minutes were a cornerstone in their relationship that changed how they perceive each other. The biggest challenge for both of them is now if they can overcome their differences.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    If anyone ever wondered what Linda did after Mae returned to Paris, here it is.

af24f9f7c47f0a1d01ee8f0dfc67979537a18dbb.png
    S2/01.02 Trash Talk - Retrospective: Linda West
    Post edited by candycottonchu on
  • Options
    I was so excited to see another chapter already! ❤️
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    It just occurred to me that Linda is holding the Plant Science book as though she wanted to exorcize the cute Big Ben with it.
    heffners_orig.jpg