Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tales of Camelot - 3.65: What you Truly Wish - Updated 21/02/2024

Comments

• mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    You guys had an awesome discussion while I slept! :open_mouth:

@_sims_Yimi
    @ThePlumbob ’s thoughts are my thoughts exactly. I thought Arthur’s reaction and inner turmoil is very realistic. The weight of what it means to be a knight, a king what it means to bear the Pendragon name crashed upon him in this chapter. And it’s painful to watch him fail. Both he and Morrie realised important things about themselves in this chapter. Will she regain true compassion? And will Arthur develop enough for the identities he had been trained for all his life? I’m so in for this ride. I love it when characters grow.

Personally, I also love your interpretation of dragons. I’ve only ever read western mythology dragons as fire breathing, sheep-stealing pests while eastern dragons, which I’m more familiar with, are kind and gentle, with powers that revolve around water and weather. So I’m all for them breathing underwater and popping out from tiny lakes.

But if you want your dragon to wear sunnies and tap dance by all means do that. I don’t think you need to abide by specific rules when its your story. :)

I was also wondering..
    If Nimueh shapeshifted into the dragon there. But it seems like they indeed stumbled upon a dragon’s lair. Now I’m thinking it might be Nimueh’s pet. Still not letting go of my farfetched shapeshifting theories. Maybe Merlin might turn into a dragon one day, seeing as he sold his name to her. (obviously I don’t know anything about the myth so I’m letting my brain take me wherever :lol: )
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    @mercuryfoam Yes! I think this was the first multi-reader discussion on my thread. I’m weirdly proud. :smiley:
    Oooh, they’ll definitely be different from what you’re used to then, yeah. I can’t really say anything here because of future spoilers, but they’re definitely a bigger deal than sheep-stealing giant pests. Haha, and now I can’t stop picturing last chapter’s dragon with sunglasses and a walking stick, tapdancing on its hind legs. :D
    Hold on to all of those farfetched theories! You never know which one turns out to be true, as you have proven to be very good at predicting my plot.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    edited October 2020
    @_sims_Yimi & @mercuryfoam
    OMG yes, petition for a tap-dancing dragon with sunglasses!!!! :D I mean, if anyone can pull that off, it's Yimi, right? Halloween special? Bonus points if the gnome army is dancing rumbasim in the background :mrgreen:
    edited October 2020
    Gotcha. Expect a halloween special picture with a reaper gnome army dancing the rumbasim and a dragon wearing sunglasses. :D

Edit: Oh gosh darn it rumbasim requires Jungle Adventures. Welp. Time to hoist everyone in tomb raider gear and go learn some dance moves. :D:D
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    @_sims_Yimi & @mercuryfoam
    OMG yes, petition for a tap-dancing dragon with sunglasses!!!! :D I mean, if anyone can pull that off, it's Yimi, right? Halloween special? Bonus points if the gnome army is dancing rumbasim in the background :mrgreen:

Im all for this halloween delight. Especially when everyones gonna dance oooh yeah! But I still don't get what's so cute about an army of mess makers.

Maybe the dragon is a gnome-tarian. 😃❤ Yay!
    edited October 2020
    Woo! Look who is chronically procrastinating on D&D preparations actually managed to publish a chapter this week! I have a good excuse for being so late, I swear. The mummies did it. :#

4ZSkdsP.jpg

This is also a good moment to mention that I don't actually live in England and I'm woefully unknown with the actual landscape and also stuck with the little sims worlds that we have while desperately trying to avoid anything modern. If something seems weird or repetitive, please forgive me. :p
    Post edited by _sims_Yimi on
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 569 Member
    _sims_Yimi wrote: »
    Woo! Look who is chronically procrastinating on D&D preparations actually managed to publish a chapter this week! I have a good excuse for being so late, I swear. The mummies did it. :#

This is also a good moment to mention that I don't actually live in England and I'm woefully unknown with the actual landscape and also stuck with the little sims worlds that we have while desperately trying to avoid anything modern. If something seems weird or repetitive, please forgive me. :p

I think it had more to do with bones and stones, but what do I know?

Also, as an English woman, I think you did a great job with the limited landscapes. Didn't feel repetitive and felt as English as I think an American game is going to feel. :)
    Banner-2-with-filters.jpg
    Almost Eternal
    The scenery is gorgeous! I wouldn't worry, like you say, the landscapes are limited to what we have in game, and you made them stunning. As for the town, it kind of reminds me of Whitby, which is near Scarborough. I've definitely been to towns like that :)
    Ahahahaha those names killed me :joy: Trevor, Faith and Cordelia huh? That definitely makes me wonder how those three would get along heh. I'm sure Faith and Trevor would have something in common :smirk: But he'd probably get on her nerves too much to get to that. Not sure how Cordelia would fit into that situation haha. Though there are definitely some similarities between her and Gwen - though Gwen is more pure than Cordelia even, she's such a sweetheart <3

OT side note for the rest of the names galore - before I settled on Micah, he actually came close to being called Seth. I'm glad I didn't go with that :sweat_smile:
  • SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 569 Member
    OT side note for the rest of the names galore - before I settled on Micah, he actually came close to being called Seth. I'm glad I didn't go with that :sweat_smile:
    I'm surprised Seth was even in the running here given Yimi's love of him ;)
    Banner-2-with-filters.jpg
    Almost Eternal
    @ThePlumbob @SnuffyBucket

Thank you! I’m glad it turned out all right. ^^
    My love for Seth exceeds my love for Masato, and my love for Masa exceeds my love for Morgyn. That’s how wonderful I think he is. :heart:>:) Wasn’t up to me, though. This was all Morgana. :D
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @ThePlumbob @SnuffyBucket

Thank you! I’m glad it turned out all right. ^^
    My love for Seth exceeds my love for Masato, and my love for Masa exceeds my love for Morgyn. That’s how wonderful I think he is. :heart:>:) Wasn’t up to me, though. This was all Morgana. :D
    So much love in one place! :joy:
    Trevor, Faith and Cordelia huh? That definitely makes me wonder how those three would get along heh. I'm sure Faith and Trevor would have something in common
    Cordy, Faith and Trevor in a room? Don't expect nothing to happen. :smirk:

:open_mouth: I think I have the same hierachy of love, though it might not be interpreted the same.. :joy:
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @ThePlumbob Not canon. But I clicked "randomize" in CAS. This is what the game gave me. I'm ded
    09-04-20-1-15-03-PM.png

Bahaahaha! Oh that's gold! :joy:

Argh! I'm so far behind here but I'll try to read some this week and next.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    I know nothing about English landscapes, but I don't think your landscapes are repetitive at all and the pictures are very beautiful. I also really like the scenery in Granite Falls and Windenburg.

Chapter 2.13
    I'm wondering if the three of them will be able to maintain their disguises. I think it will be hard for Gwen to treat Morgana as a commoner and not her mistress, and Morgana might find it hard to act like a commoner. But this also might be a good thing for Gwen, she seems pretty knowledgeable about Scarborough. I also can't wait to see more awkward romantic interactions between Gwen and Arthur. :)

@ThePlumbob Not canon. But I clicked "randomize" in CAS. This is what the game gave me. I'm ded
    09-04-20-1-15-03-PM.png

Bahaahaha! Oh that's gold! :joy:

Argh! I'm so far behind here but I'll try to read some this week and next.

No worries! We're all busy, and I still haven't found a moment to catch up with your story either oh gods where does the time go. :sweat_smile:
    Deafsimmer wrote:
    Oh... I recognize the names Morgana mentioned. Oh, and Guinevere was cute when she blushed. I can see why she has a crush on Arthur. He is a handsome guy. And did I spy Mortimer and Bella in one of the pictures?
    You did! I dragged a bunch of townies into the background for the coming few chapters. Don Lothario is in there somewhere too, flirting with absolutely everybody. :D
    lone_cat wrote: »
    I know nothing about English landscapes, but I don't think your landscapes are repetitive at all and the pictures are very beautiful. I also really like the scenery in Granite Falls and Windenburg.

Chapter 2.13
    I'm wondering if the three of them will be able to maintain their disguises. I think it will be hard for Gwen to treat Morgana as a commoner and not her mistress, and Morgana might find it hard to act like a commoner. But this also might be a good thing for Gwen, she seems pretty knowledgeable about Scarborough. I also can't wait to see more awkward romantic interactions between Gwen and Arthur. :)
    One romantic stroll in Scarborough, coming up! Maybe. Who knows? :D

Hi, guys! I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that my laptop decided to die on me and I never made backups of the chapter pictures, so those are lost forever now. No more story books.
    The good news is that everything else seems to have survived all right! I'm going to restore my game this weekend and continue on from there. In the meantime, have this:
    2.14 - Scarborough Fair, Part I
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    edited October 2020
    I almost missed this update, didn't expect you to post one this week!

Right, puppy is calm (well, as calm as puppy gets, which is not very), so on to carry on from my WP comment, where was I...
    The saviours. Fooh, what a sweeping entrance. Hard to theorise about them. They're definitely magical, and they definitely know a lot more than they're letting on, at least, the woman definitely does, but they both seem to. (Also, I kind of weirdly ship Morgana with both of them, but let's move past that...)

It almost feels like they appeared there solely for the purpose of rescuing Morgana, watching over her. Which would seem to tie in with Nimueh. I mean, even the name Morgause suggests she exists for Morgana. She even looks like Morgana, or well, Ygraine.

Oh my god, wait...
    Is she Ygraine somehow? Is Ygraine actually not dead? And also hasn't aged a day? Doesn't seem entirely impossible, after all, there were heavy hints that Ygraine herself had magical powers. Argh, my head! So many questions!

Edit: Also, all of this is literally stream of thought comment - obviously if Morgause is Ygraine or somehow related to Morgana, which, the more I think about it the more likely it seems, I retract my earlier statement about shipping them.The dude will have to do :joy:

Edit 2 (Plum, Yimi, what a thought-provoking update!)
    The other theory is of course that Morgause is indeed Nimueh, and she just took on Ygraine's appearance to make Morgana trust her instantly. I mean, Nimueh can shift appearances, can't she, as a Sidhe, right? Makes sense she'd go for this one. And that name.
    Of course, there's also the other other theory, but that one is so wild that I might just message you it privately instead.

But none of that would explains the below, so those questions still stand...

But then, the lowlife seemed to know who they are, when Morgause said that Morgana was "one of theirs." So they couldn't have only just appeared in Scarborough, they must be established there somehow (as what, I wonder?). Unless of course they somehow altered his memory to make him think he knows them, or of them.

So much mystery. The only thing I'm certain of is that the two of them have magical powers, strong ones. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Also, will Arthur ever get that fruit pie?

Edit 3: Oops, this comment grew into a beast of a thing, with all the embedded spoiler tags within spoiler tags... best part is I thought I didn't have much to say about the saviour duo :joy: I guess there were a couple of things after all.
    I almost missed this update, didn't expect you to post one this week!

Right, puppy is calm (well, as calm as puppy gets, which is not very), so on to carry on from my WP comment, where was I...
    The saviours. Fooh, what a sweeping entrance. Hard to theorise about them. They're definitely magical, and they definitely know a lot more than they're letting on, at least, the woman definitely does, but they both seem to. (Also, I kind of weirdly ship Morgana with both of them, but let's move past that...)

It almost feels like they appeared there solely for the purpose of rescuing Morgana, watching over her. Which would seem to tie in with Nimueh. I mean, even the name Morgause suggests she exists for Morgana. She even looks like Morgana, or well, Ygraine.

Oh my god, wait...
    Is she Ygraine somehow? Is Ygraine actually not dead? And also hasn't aged a day? Doesn't seem entirely impossible, after all, there were heavy hints that Ygraine herself had magical powers. Argh, my head! So many questions!

Edit: Also, all of this is literally stream of thought comment - obviously if Morgause is Ygraine or somehow related to Morgana, which, the more I think about it the more likely it seems, I retract my earlier statement about shipping them.The dude will have to do :joy:

Edit 2 (Plum, Yimi, what a thought-provoking update!)
    The other theory is of course that Morgause is indeed Nimueh, and she just took on Ygraine's appearance to make Morgana trust her instantly. I mean, Nimueh can shift appearances, can't she, as a Sidhe, right? Makes sense she'd go for this one. And that name.
    Of course, there's also the other other theory, but that one is so wild that I might just message you it privately instead.

But none of that would explains the below, so those questions still stand...

But then, the lowlife seemed to know who they are, when Morgause said that Morgana was "one of theirs." So they couldn't have only just appeared in Scarborough, they must be established there somehow (as what, I wonder?). Unless of course they somehow altered his memory to make him think he knows them, or of them.

So much mystery. The only thing I'm certain of is that the two of them have magical powers, strong ones. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Also, will Arthur ever get that fruit pie?

Edit 3: Oops, this comment grew into a beast of a thing, with all the embedded spoiler tags within spoiler tags... best part is I thought I didn't have much to say about the saviour duo :joy: I guess there were a couple of things after all.

Haha, I’m glad that puppy calmed down a little :) I’m picturing her with the donut chew toy in her mouth now.

Ooooh you have some very wild theories there. I like ‘em. :mrgreen: I’m dying to give you answers but 99% of it will be spoilers so instead I’m going to refer you to my trusty gnome attorney, Mr. Bickers. He’s in top form lately in terms of answering questions and theories with aggressive gibberish. :grin:

Will Arthur ever get that fruit pie, indeed. The poor guy has such terrible cravings as a teenager. And I never let him have any. I love the sweet tooth trait. :D
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    edited October 2020
    Hi, guys! I hope you're all doing okay. Looks like the story books are gone for good, so I'm posting chapters here with text-only for now. :D

2.15 - Scarborough Fair, Part II
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    2.5, Part 2
    I think Arthur is right to stay on the cautious side, but he definitely isn't gaining much by the whole "shouldn't enjoy myself" attitude. It's not like he has any other duties. I'm glad he managed to reach a compromise with himself that allows him to do something useful for his duties as king while enjoying himself (and while spending time with Gwen, yay!)

Aww, I hope we get to see the two of them touring Scarborough. Too precious. I'd say the girl will wound up totally smitten by the end of the day, but she already is, so nothing lost and nothing gained, I guess. :D
    edited October 2020
    @_sims_Yimi
    My so walked past my screen, looked at Arthur on your banner and said-

"I see we have the Trevor of medieval times.
    Look at him. That obvious blonde hair;
    Stupid posh clothes;
    Hand sign that says;
    'Peasant, toil this field for me so I can eat well."

I'm dead. :joy::joy::joy:

EDIT: What I actually wanted to write before that scattered my thoughts
    Is that Morgause on your banner??! What does it mean! Is she a magic yielder? Ooooh! She must know who Morgana is! I'm so excited! :love:
    @_sims_Yimi

Stupid posh clothes;
    Hand sign that says;

LMAO :joy::joy::joy:
    edited October 2020
    @_sims_Yimi

Stupid posh clothes;
    Hand sign that says;

HA! :D:joy::joy:
    See? Trevor as an alias was fitting, after all. :D:mrgreen: Tell your SO he's hilarious, lol.
    That is indeed Morgause on my banner! She's been there since the beginning. It just took a little while for the story to catch up. :mrgreen:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    2.5, Part 2
    I think Arthur is right to stay on the cautious side, but he definitely isn't gaining much by the whole "shouldn't enjoy myself" attitude. It's not like he has any other duties. I'm glad he managed to reach a compromise with himself that allows him to do something useful for his duties as king while enjoying himself (and while spending time with Gwen, yay!)

Aww, I hope we get to see the two of them touring Scarborough. Too precious. I'd say the girl will wound up totally smitten by the end of the day, but she already is, so nothing lost and nothing gained, I guess. :D
    They both have issues with letting go and loosening up sometimes. Sulking in his tavern room for the whole stay would not have been that great, no. :mrgreen:
    There’s at least one more fair chapter to go after this, so, maybe!

J6AKQqX.jpg
  • lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    I'm fully convinced Morgause knows about magic or even uses it and is in league with Nimueh. Not sure Morgana knows what is going on, but I wonder if she can sense something different about Morgause?

Oh yes, I hope we get to see more of Gwen and Arthur and their stroll through the market. It will be awkwardly romantic, and I am such a sucker for that sort of thing. :D