Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5 : release for 2021 ?!

ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
I was just on a french popular game website, having a look to buy a new pack with the sales. I searched for "the sims4" and ranked the result from latest to oldest, and the first option was The Sims 5, announced for the 31st of December 2021 ! I know this website is legit (I use it all the time to buy my games), so do you think the info is legit as well ?? See screenshots below.

1603041580-capture-d-ecran-2020-10-18-a-19-11-13.jpg
1603041575-capture-d-ecran-2020-10-18-a-19-11-31.png
Post edited by Chaton on

Comments

• Options
    adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    thats just a placeholder date sadly. many websites list games without release date to december 31 until a release date is announced although im rlly curious if the game is actually launching next year
  • Options
    adamzaid wrote: »
    thats just a placeholder date sadly. many websites list games without release date to december 31 until a release date is announced although im rlly curious if the game is actually launching next year

You're right, I looked at other sections on the website and they have other games announced for the 31st of December 2021, 2022 and even 2023. So that might mean that The Sims 5 is coming in 2021 ? Otherwise, the placeholder date would be 31st of December 2022 (or 2023, you get my point).
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    No. From what's been stated, there's still a ways to go with Sims4. But we will just have to see. Unless or until we get any kind of an 'official' word, I'm just going to take this as pure speculation.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    KorglyKorgly Posts: 187 Member
    edited October 2020
    I really hope not as untell I am satisfied with the improvements and fixes and packs to sims 4 I really can't see myself purchasing a sims 5.. I wont go the same route as I did with 3, it would clearly point out that the entire game is a mousetrap cash grab. I mean most the serious players are playing sims 3 and 2 right now because of the lackluster 4 is! if Sims 5 came out it might send a everyone back to sims 1
  • Options
    No. From what's been stated, there's still a ways to go with Sims4. But we will just have to see. Unless or until we get any kind of an 'official' word, I'm just going to take this as pure speculation.

You're right, this is not confirmed in any way. However, the info comes from a retailer and all the future games listed on their website have the correct year announced (2021, 2022 or even 2023).
    So why would they announce the Sims 5 several years early ? They don't have an official specific date, other than the game is coming somewhere in 2021.
    I don't know, of course. I could be wrong, but this seems logical. The only way to know for sure is to wait for an official announcement.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Retailers are free to list games that they think will release in the future, the release dates that they type seem to be either guesses or based on what they have heard from their suppliers.
  • Options
    Korgly wrote: »
    I really hope not as untell I am satisfied with the improvements and fixes and packs to sims 4 I really can't see myself purchasing a sims 5.. I wont go the same route as I did with 3, it would clearly point out that the entire game is a mousetrap cash grab. I mean most the serious players are playing sims 3 and 2 right now because of the lackluster 4 is! if Sims 5 came out it might send a everyone back to sims 1

I would be a bit sad too, because that would mean that we won't have a lot of content left for the Sims 4 and that there will be things "missing".
    And I will definitely wait before buying the Sims 5, to see if it's really good. I'm still excited though, because the next edition might surprise us in a good way !
  • Options
    logion wrote: »
    Retailers are free to list games that they think will release in the future, the release dates that they type seem to be either guesses or based on what they have heard from their suppliers.

That's correct. Their predictions for the other future games listed are correct though, that's why I'm expecting their prediction for the Sims 5 to be correct as well, but that might not be the case. The only way to be sure is to wait and see.
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    I hope that it takes years to come out, not because I want to play sims 4 for 50 years... God no. I honestly can’t think of any more packs that they can do for Sims 4. I mean I want a kid/teens pack, a BTS pack and for everything in game to actually be fixed. But I’m likely not getting those packs. We likely aren’t getting every fix we need. (I’m not sure if I want 100 skin tones if they are just going to look like the ones we already have in the game where the darker to mid tones look to red, blotchy or ashy. I want the darker and mid tones already in game fixed completely and actually look beautiful in addition to the new skin.) Not to mention I just can’t play certain parts of the game.

So if they have a longer time to work on Sims 5 where they will be told we all want an offline game (apart from a gallery/similar feature). I’ve heard bad rumors on YouTube I’ve actually enjoyed the sims social but I don’t want something like that be a sims game.

If they are told we don’t want that now they can work with an engine that can give us more, where they are able to do more and give us a game to enjoy. I want the old team back with modders and fresh blood, along with the creators on the sims team who try to give us what we want, people who love the sims and who want to give us an amazing game to play.

Late 2021 isn’t a long enough time to give us a game like that, a game as good as the first three. If it comes out late 2021 I’ll be scared for this game’s future. I’m scared enough about everything in real life, I don’t want to be scared for a franchise I enjoy and just want for it to be the best game it can be.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    So, I reached out to the website directly and they answered right away (translation below the screenshot) :

1603048611-capture-d-ecran-2020-10-18-a-21-13-27.png

Me : Good evening,
    I was browsing the future releases on your website and noticed that you had listed The Sims 5 for release in 2021.
    Is it a random date or is it reliable information ? Can we hope for a release in the course of next year ?
    Thank you,
    Best regards,

I-G : The game will come out in 2021 according to Origin
  • Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    edited October 2020
    When Island Living was released didn't Lindsey say they have years of content still planned? That was mid 2019. That sounds like at least a few more years. If I had to guess I would put TS5 more toward 2022/2023.

Edit: Also didn't Maxis just post for new jobs for a new IP like within the last year or two? I might be remembering wrong, but if we are to assume the IP was TS5 there is no way that's ready to launch in 2021.
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Interesting... pretty bold of them to put a listing up if it was just speculation or a hunch. I would like to know what source from Origin it came from too. :D
  • Options
    adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    Chaton wrote: »
    So, I reached out to the website directly and they answered right away (translation below the screenshot) :

I was browsing the future releases on your website and noticed that you had listed The Sims 5 for release in 2021.
    Is it a random date or is it reliable information ? Can we hope for a release in the course of next year ?
    Thank you,
    Best regards,

thats actually so bizzare. i though the sims 5 was still ways to go but if this is true this means alotttt. my question is are they going to leave the sims 4 in this unfinished and buggy state cuz the sate the sims 4 rn isnt so hot.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Wow, that would be awesome if it were true! I personally love most things about TS4 (except for bugs, of course), and I’ve been so worried that they will keep turning it darker, like what they did to Vampires in reverse. If they bring out TS5 instead, they could make TS5 darker, more adult, with sadness and fear and car pollution and violence and all that stuff many Simmers want, and leave TS4 as it is!

Plus it would be super fun and exciting to have a new Sims game! 😁
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I think they are working on a Sims 5. But I also believe that there is at least another year or 2 of Sims 4. So I dont expect a Sims 5 until 2022 or later.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    chons95chons95 Posts: 51 Member
    When Island Living was released didn't Lindsey say they have years of content still planned? That was mid 2019. That sounds like at least a few more years. If I had to guess I would put TS5 more toward 2022/2023.

Edit: Also didn't Maxis just post for new jobs for a new IP like within the last year or two? I might be remembering wrong, but if we are to assume the IP was TS5 there is no way that's ready to launch in 2021.

I remember that, I also have the impression that someone made an approximation on how many packs were planned at that time, I think it was 20 something, but maybe I imagined that. If that was case, does anyone know how many were they and how many have we gotten so far?
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited October 2020
    It would be a complete slap in the face to fans if they truly do end up releasing Sims 5 next year... considering the game still lacks A LOT of features, content, etc... then again, that would actually be exactly the kind of thing EA would do, so I also wouldn't be surprised.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

they said they have years to go march of this year
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    They can release TS5 tomorrow if they like, I would not care. I'm not starting from scratch again, 4 times is enough on me. I'll keep playing TS4 though. That said, would it be 100% impossible to release TS5 an yet add a few packs to TS4? They don't need to stop adding to 4, especially not if 5 is a multiplayer, online or darker version.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited October 2020
    They can release TS5 tomorrow if they like, I would not care. I'm not starting from scratch again, 4 times is enough on me. I'll keep playing TS4 though. That said, would it be 100% impossible to release TS5 an yet add a few packs to TS4? They don't need to stop adding to 4, especially not if 5 is a multiplayer, online or darker version.

that's what i was thinking. they may release ts5 but that does not mean stopping all kind of support to ts4. it still has a semi large fanbase and it would not be a good idea to leave it in the state it is.
    perhaps due to the amount of complaining ea just decided to start development in ts5 and make it well from scratch while still milking ts4. this would explain the lame decisions with ts4 lately, would mean there's less people on it and more people on the new game.
    and i mean, even if ts5 releases tomorrow some people will probably wait until a few eps like supernaturals or something to get into the game. until then ts4 still can get more packs, it has cartoony graphics which has the advantage to not look outdated. ts5 will probably have a different vibe just so ppl won't feel like they're wasting their money on ts4 having ts5 around.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited October 2020
    Chaton wrote: »

Thank you,
    Best regards,

Oh my gosh, if this is true, I'll be SO EXCITED!!! 🎊🤩🥰🥳🎉

Celebration - Kool & The Gang
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

My old computer died and went to that mainframe in the sky, so I bought a new gaming laptop. I over-spec'd it in anticipation of The Sims 5 and all the expansions it will have! I even stopped buying other games to save up for it!!! The Sims 3 runs like a dream on it! Will be enjoying both TS3 and TS5 while the packs for it come out!!! I'M SO READY FOR THE SIMS 5!!!

Thank you so much for letting us know!

• Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    These types of sites are notorious for posting fake games. They have listed a sequel to a game I’ve been waiting for 7 years with a placeholder as Dec 31,2021 as well. the developer already said it’s not happening anytime so soon so clearly the listing Is fake. I don’t believe any of these sites. And ofc they’ll tell use it’ll be released soon, they want customers to keep coming.
  • Options
    charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    If Sims 5 is coming out that soon I don't expect it to be any good. With all the issues with Sims 4 I don't understand why people thing Sims 5 will be better. I'd much rather EA/Maxis take their time and really consider the direction of the game before jumping into Sims 5. I keep hearing rumors that they want it to be an online experience and just no. Just me, but I don't see myself spending money on Sims 5. I just get the feeling that it is not going to improve upon Sims 4 as EA/Maxis hasn't seemed to really learn from their mistakes.
  • Options
    The retailer clearly stated that it will be "released in 2021 according to Origin". I don't see why they would lie about it as it can only hurt their credibility ?
    They could have said "we are expecting a relase for 2021 but nothing has been confirmed yet, so the year of release could change", but they didn't.
    They made a pretty bold statement so, personally, I'm inclined to trust the info. I don't really care though, I'm just passing down the information because I'm happy with the Sims 4 for the moment. Still, It's nice to be able to look forward to something new.
    Time will tell !
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    The following posts are from 2018, when Seasons came out :

"Though EA hasn’t announced any further expansion for the four-year-old game, it appears as if “The Sims 4” will continue to have a long tale. Though he wouldn’t go into specifics, Rodiek said he was already in meetings discussing the next three years of content for the current title."

"The next three years of content" brings us to 2021.

https://variety.com/2018/gaming/features/the-sims-4-seasons-interview-1202840327/

https://ign.com/articles/2018/06/20/the-sims-4-new-content-being-planned-for-next-three-years