Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Taoron's Build Showcase

Comments

• SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    @Taoron , Cherry Blossom Estates is gorgeous!! The modern architecture is stunning and with all those cherry blossom trees in the landscape gives it great curb appeal. And I love that white fluffy rug in the bedrooms, is that a game rug?

And wow, Arcade Magicae is such an impressive build. I especially like all the railings on each level. You can tell a lot of thought and detail went into this build. Well done!

Yorokobi Sushi is a very nice restaurant. Looks so authentic and I love the color palette and the decor.
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    D'awww Thank you @Sandraelle ! I appreciate that you enjoyed those builds.

Cherry Blossom was a lot of fun. And sometimes frustration. But fun. lol I love those Frank Lloyd Wright type of builds. That rug is actually the Comfortably Plush Rug from City Living that I just made really, really big. I love that rug, and always looking for a nice, fuzzy rug to use. It fits the bill.

Arcade Magicae was a lot of fun too. It's kind of modeled off of an Arcade (Mall) in Australia. It has been in the works since they released Magic, but my video card fought me, due to the size and scope of the build. I'm happy it's finally done and I didn't have to build it one frame every 10 seconds.

I love that Sushi Bar. I really wanted something very minimalist and natural looking. I had just picked up Spa Day and Eco and the heavens opened and allowed me to finally do that one. Those packs had exactly what I was looking for and with a little help from my own art and some talented art people here, it all seemed to come together. That had initially started with the outer 2 half walls filled with Bamboo Trees shrunk down and positioned to not flow through the walls, but when moving it to another location, they never followed. So, Bamboo.....sticks? it was.

Thanks again. =) You made my morning a little brighter with your post. ♥
    Taoron wrote: »
    D'awww Thank you @Sandraelle ! I appreciate that you enjoyed those builds.

Cherry Blossom was a lot of fun. And sometimes frustration. But fun. lol I love those Frank Lloyd Wright type of builds. That rug is actually the Comfortably Plush Rug from City Living that I just made really, really big. I love that rug, and always looking for a nice, fuzzy rug to use. It fits the bill.

Arcade Magicae was a lot of fun too. It's kind of modeled off of an Arcade (Mall) in Australia. It has been in the works since they released Magic, but my video card fought me, due to the size and scope of the build. I'm happy it's finally done and I didn't have to build it one frame every 10 seconds.

I love that Sushi Bar. I really wanted something very minimalist and natural looking. I had just picked up Spa Day and Eco and the heavens opened and allowed me to finally do that one. Those packs had exactly what I was looking for and with a little help from my own art and some talented art people here, it all seemed to come together. That had initially started with the outer 2 half walls filled with Bamboo Trees shrunk down and positioned to not flow through the walls, but when moving it to another location, they never followed. So, Bamboo.....sticks? it was.

Thanks again. =) You made my morning a little brighter with your post. ♥

You're so welcome!! Glad I made your morning! :)

I don't build or play in Sims 4, but I can certainly ooo and ahhh over other people's creations and appreciate them. :) But that's a genius idea to enlarge the rug to get that textured effect. I wish we could do that in Sims 3, lol. But I wish they would have given us fluffy, textured rugs in the beginning, instead of admiring the CC ones, oh well. Maybe in Sims 5 (if that ever comes to be).

I also like Frank Lloyd Wright's architecture and tend to like doing modern and mid-century moderns. And by the way, I meant to mention that I also loved the kitchen in that build with the industrial modern look and all the open shelving.

Glad your video card allowed you to finish up the mall build, as it came out fantastic.

And the bamboo sticks along the outer walls of the open air dining area was the perfect touch! :)
    edited October 2020
    @Sandraelle We can hope for a Sims 5, with all of our wildest wishes and dreams coming to fruition. =)

Oh yeah...Open Shelving is in now. I love to cook and would love to have a nice big kitchen that was actually part of the rest of the house, as opposed to a closed off room. I have a hammer and some ideas. LOL

*My wife always finds it weird when she goes to my computer and I have several architectural and interior design website tabs open. I have to stay up to date with what's in for Classical Modern, Nouveau Riche, Contemporary Modern. Farmhouse....whatever.

Taoron wrote: »
    @Sandraelle We can hope for a Sims 5, with all of our wildest wishes and dreams coming to fruition. =)

Oh yeah...Open Shelving is in now. I love to cook and would love to have a nice big kitchen that was actually part of the rest of the house, as opposed to a closed off room. I have a hammer and some ideas. LOL

*My wife always finds it weird when she goes to my computer and I have several architectural and interior design website tabs open. I have to stay up to date with what's in for Classical Modern, Nouveau Riche, Contemporary Modern. Farmhouse....whatever.

Yes we can certainly hope and wish, lol!!!! Crossing my fingers!

Oh yeah, I've done a few builds where I've incoporpated some open shelves, and it sure is in style right now, especially with the modern farmhouse designs. I'm very glad I have an open concept kitchen/great room in my house, so I totally recommend you get to knocking down some walls, haha!

I can so relate to having several design tabs open in my browser . . . can't build without doing my research. :D Have a good Wednesday!

'Tropical Villa'

SLIDESHOW PICS

DOWNLOAD

rHrOUMv.png
    mmxE9Ch.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    Tropical Villa is a very beautiful, tropical, luxury family home! :) Very lovely exterior design,roofing,and white color! The tropical trees,flowers and plants are lovely! Very nice pool patio! The roof covered outdoors living, kitchen and dining area, and the wellness massage area are very nice! Very beautifully designed and furnished interior of the home! Each area is lovely! The design and colour of each bedroom is very lovely! Very nice crafting room! Sims will enjoy painting on the easels and kids will like doing art on the activities tables. The blue colour scheme is lovely!
    It is a very special family villa! :)
    Thank you @rosemow
  • ShaymanthaShaymantha Posts: 769 Member
    Hi how's you? Just popping by to give your latest some extra love. <3 'Tropical Villa' really is a stunning build excellent work :smiley:
    Shaymantha wrote: »
    Hi how's you? Just popping by to give your latest some extra love. <3 'Tropical Villa' really is a stunning build excellent work :smiley:

Thanks! ♥ I'm good. Tired. Working with a bunch of puppies today, so covered in fur and slobber, for the most part, but loving every minute of it. ♥ I hope you are well.
    Your welcome and good to hear your doing well though i'm jealous of you i want your job! :joy: I'm doing ok now thank you, just getting over a bad cold that was almost gone but came back just as i thought i'd got rid of it! lol
    @Shaymantha That's no fun. I hope you are feeling gooder soon. =)
    Aww thanks @Taoron i am feeling almost better just odd sneeze sneaking up on me here and there! Lol :joy:
    edited October 2020
    'Hobbit House'

So, I was going to do one for the Spark'd Challenge with in-game art, and one for the Gallery with my own Fantasy type art and screwed up. lol I showed this last week in progress and tonight, I believe I am done. My wife approves and is thrilled to actually see our dream retirement home in 3D.

SLIDESHOW

YTwaTg3.png
    272YaIQ.png
    Post edited by Taoron on
    Love Hobbit House from what i can see @Taoron but just to let you know your slideshow link seems to be broken or at least at my end it is. :/
    Shaymantha wrote: »
    Love Hobbit House from what i can see @Taoron but just to let you know your slideshow link seems to be broken or at least at my end it is. :/

Oops. Try now. I fixed it
    Thx for alerting me
    edited October 2020
    Yay it's fixed now and your welcome Tao. ;) Though i can't decide which room i love the most it's such an awesome build! Talk about hiding in a hole and never coming out you'd never need to living here! :joy: The home cinema is a nice addition to it and i love how on the aerial view it's camouflaged into the scenery great job! :smiley:
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    It is a very lovely hobbit home! :) It is very special that you made a sims game version of the real life home that you and your wife are planning to live in.The exterior design is very nice! Very nice patterned walls, lovely flowerbox windows and pretty flowers along path and home edges! Very great terrain work, and very nice roofing! The interior layout and furnishing of each area and room is lovely! Very beautiful great room! The brown sofas sitting and chatting area is very nice and lovely blue patterned rug. Very nice armchairs fireplace sitting area, to enjoy reading near the fire. Sims will enjoy playing chess and dancing to the stereo music. Very lovely dining area! The purple colour is lovely, and the baskets of items are very nice on the wall tables. Very lovely kitchen design! The island double sinks and stools counter is very nice. The greenhouse and breakfast nook is a lovely calming restful place to enjoy eating meals! The plants along the edges of the room are lovely! Each area of the home is very lovely, and well designed and furnished :)
    Thank you @Shaymantha ♥ Our hope is to obtain at least 5 acres and hide it within the landscape. I want to be a part of the land and not interfere with the existing beauty. I do need to get natural light in the front room, for the greenhouse/breakfast nook (How cool is it to have breakfast with all of your food plants?) because I grow all of our herbs now and I want to be able to have more control over them and not have to worry about weather and varmints who eat them. LOL I don't think there will be fruit trees in there, outside of Mini Lemon and Lime trees for the juice and mostly herbs. Maybe some grapevine tomato plants for walking past and snacking on.

With the plans we have, we should be able to have a couple of feet over the structural roof, and plant on the roof, as well, to blend in even more.

I didn't do it in the house, but the hallway to the bedrooms, is going to slope down, so that the front of the house noise in the great room, theater, is cut down when you are in the bedrooms. And sloping is easier on my knees than stairs.

I found a company in Colorado that does a concrete extrusion method, like a 3D printer, that should be able to do everything we want, to make this happen.
    Thank you @rosemow =)
    Your very welcome Tao :smiley: Me and my partner sometimes grow our own stuff too and yeah it be great to have part of the house as an actual greenhouse. Pesky vermin they are :joy: so yeah definitely would welcome more control over it! It's a very lovely dreamhouse and i wish you all the best for making it a reality! The fact that it's designed to not disrupt the beautiful landscape too is always a plus for me. I love wide open spaces to built up areas. In the tale of the "The wolf and 3 little pigs" i'd be the one who made my house of sticks lol. Great design and build Tao <3 it!
    Thank you again @Shaymantha It is wonderful, when I cook, to walk outside with a pair of scissors and get the herbs I need for my dishes.

LOL Did you see my 3 Little Pigs houses?

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/26D1B5B6024D11EA826BBA891CD6F027
    I think i seen one of them :joy: thanks for link will go look now :smiley:
    Oh no i hadn't seen them at all was a different build i seen probably lol. It's so cute and i love the pig statues too nice touch. ;) Think i got some more snooping to do too as i hadn't seen that build of yours before :joy:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top