Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friday Highlights Banner

2...Next

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    I do hope that today’s forum maintenance will resolve the banner issue.

Seems like they just changed the date and link. 😂

Yeah I know...I was expecting miracles. We got none. :D

They seem to be just ignoring us. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member

Yeah, this is getting a bit annoying yet they don't seem to be doing anything about it :sweat_smile:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!

Yeah, this is getting a bit annoying yet they don't seem to be doing anything about it :sweat_smile:

Belllaaaa, join the party. XD
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • nolurknolurk Posts: 249 Member
    Thanks for posting this as I'm glad to know it's not just me who was wondering what happened to the "x" or finds that banner annoying.

I don't mind seeing an announcement once, but to see it every time I log in, again, tends to get distracting to the eyes in ways that annoy me and I wish there was some way as previously to be able to click an "x" or something to make it go away after seeing it if I so choose to. Otherwise, it kind of reminds me of a banner ad on a site or in some apps.
    nolurk wrote: »
    Thanks for posting this as I'm glad to know it's not just me who was wondering what happened to the "x" or finds that banner annoying.

I don't mind seeing an announcement once, but to see it every time I log in, again, tends to get distracting to the eyes in ways that annoy me and I wish there was some way as previously to be able to click an "x" or something to make it go away after seeing it if I so choose to. Otherwise, it kind of reminds me of a banner ad on a site or in some apps.

If they're gonna do this for every Friday Highlights and not take them down until the following of each Friday, it seems like the banner is just gonna be up there permanently. 💀
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    I came looking for this section to comment about this. I'm also finding it very annoying not to be able to click the 'x' to make the banner disappear. I keep thinking there is a new announcement when I sign on to the forum. Please give us back the option of hiding the banner once we have read the announcement. I really really dislike the 'perma banner.'
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    I agree with everyone that the Friday highlights banner is annoying. Now there’s 2 banners stuck on the screen. It’s really distracting. I know the forum maintenance announcement is important, but I’ve seen it a dozen times already so it would be nice if I could click it away.
    I agree with everyone that the Friday highlights banner is annoying. Now there’s 2 banners stuck on the screen. It’s really distracting. I know the forum maintenance announcement is important, but I’ve seen it a dozen times already so it would be nice if I could click it away.

Maybe they're having trouble removing that red banner too.

tenor.gif
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    I was hoping the forum maintenance would fix the problem (or change it back to how it used to be since it was a conscious decision) but I guess not.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Agreed, it's bugging me more than Journey to Batuu right now.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited November 2020
    I have two notices above the forum sections:

❄️ Get ready for the Snowy Escape Live Stream today! ❄️ Let's watch it together here.

October 30 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here.

I have already watched the stream; and am not interested in the 'friday notices'; they seem directed to someone that is not me, considering the jolly touch, which just makes me slightly embarrassed. The game gives me great entertainment, and I am willing to overlook the surrounding silliness coming from EA, given that the game obviously is marketed to a much younger generation, different from mine in many respects; but sometimes it is a bit much.
    I have two notices above the forum sections:

❄️ Get ready for the Snowy Escape Live Stream today! ❄️ Let's watch it together here.

October 30 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here.

I have already watched the stream; and am not interested in the 'friday notices'; they seem directed to someone that is not me, considering the jolly touch, which just makes me slightly embarrassed. The game gives me great entertainment, and I am willing to overlook the surrounding silliness coming from EA, given that the game obviously is marketed to a much younger generation, different from mine in many respects; but sometimes it is a bit much.

I have those 2 banners stuck on the screen too. It's making me avoid the forums so I don't have to see them.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,704 Member
    They're really no longer registering with me when I sign in. Guess I've finally just tuned them out.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    I just want to add that I would also like the x to remove a banner to return. It is annoying to constantly see those banners for days. I was hoping the missing option to remove the banner was a bug which would be fixed soon. :(
    There's 3 banners stuck on my screen now. Please give us an option to remove them
    I have a 21:9 phone and the three banners are already taking up almost half of the screen. I can't imagine people with 16:9 phones! 🙈 Their whole screen is probably covered up. LOL.
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    No reaction from the mods?
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
    Someone posted an extension you can add to google chrome and it will remove the banners. I can’t find the thread though
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,704 Member
    garapoes wrote: »
    No reaction from the mods?

This was the response from EA_Leeloo from October 2020.

I double-checked and that is actually working as intended like this.
    There was an issue before where the banner disappeared it didn't come back even when it was updated or when users logged out of the forum and back in. This has been fixed but this means that there is no option to click it away. Apologies for the inconvenience, I'm hoping it isn't too disruptive.

I believe the moderators consider the matter settled so there's nothing else to say.
    edited April 2021
    Someone posted an extension you can add to google chrome and it will remove the banners. I can’t find the thread though

I found it. If you use google chrome this will work to remove the banners. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/987845/i-created-a-chrome-extension-to-remove-the-announcements-at-the-top-of-the-forum#latest