Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is when I want to throw the game in the bin

Β«1
Go to class - stays sitting in chair for over an hour past school starts before even standing, then will take close to an hour to get to class, before standing outside the building for another hour, of course finally enters for the last 2 mins of class
I try to make them get up 3 hours before class to make sure they'll leave on time
Eat - stands there with plate in hand for another hour before sitting and then stares for an hour before eating.

She's in a dorm, but I have no other players in the game

:'( what's the point of playing a game you can't play... happens all the time, in all different situations

I just want to play

My computer, all the computers I've played on have had the right specs, above the specs, so why can't it just work :(

Comments

• SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    edited October 2020
    this time she's missed class altogether, just stood outside and grinned like an absolute idiot... you've got to be kidding ....I'm sorry but she is a 🐸🐸🐸🐸
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited October 2020
    I can't play Sims 4 University without using shift click cheats (reset Sim and Teleport Here) you might want to do the same as to not frustrate you.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    Did both of those! Still didn't make a difference

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Mine would always leave for class early, then stand around outside the class building doing nothing. Would be nice if she could find a bench then sit and do some knitting or read her textbook or whatever.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    The only remedy I found to this is slowing time down with mccomand mod. They have time for everything now. Because sims will always stand stare off into nothing grinning for an hour. On top of that have you experienced excessive idles?
    Like for example I command a sim to sit down he will sigh into the air and moan like he's bored, then do that silly eco "I have a great idea" finger in the air idle, then complain about trash, grin and THEN sit down and if I didn't slow down time 5 hours would have passed before he set down and I'm like πŸ˜‘
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    this annoyed the heck out of me too so i dont play with university much

wish we could just direct our sims to take the class

especially because my sims are vampires so when they stand outside they die unless i cheat their needs :smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
    The only remedy I found to this is slowing time down with mccomand mod. They have time for everything now. Because sims will always stand stare off into nothing grinning for an hour. On top of that have you experienced excessive idles?
    Like for example I command a sim to sit down he will sigh into the air and moan like he's bored, then do that silly eco "I have a great idea" finger in the air idle, then complain about trash, grin and THEN sit down and if I didn't slow down time 5 hours would have passed before he set down and I'm like πŸ˜‘

yep she does that too, I have mccc is it in that mod or a separate one?
    oh I found it, going to give it a go. @Babykittyjade what speed to you set it to?
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited October 2020
    At your sim's computer: MC Command Centre -> MCCC Settings -> Gameplay Settings -> Game Time Speed

Oh I saw you found it lol 35. Most people use that. Anything 50 and over might be too slow.
    You can test out 35 and see how you like it. 45 if you want it a bit slower.
    @Sablesasha

I have been using this for years. My sims have so much more time to get things done, go to class, have fun and stare off into the air. Lol
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    At your sim's computer: MC Command Centre -> MCCC Settings -> Gameplay Settings -> Game Time Speed

Oh I saw you found it lol 35. Most people use that. Anything 50 and over might be too slow.
    @Sablesasha

I have been using this for years. My sims have so much more time to get things done, go to class, have fun and stare off into the air. Lol

thank you
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I was having this problem because my sims' house and inventory was full of photos they took and paintings plus all the "cd" cases from the uploaded music they created. Apparently, I learned recently that your sims being overloaded with stuff they made is one of the causes of them taking a long time to do things, staring into space etc. I now have a sim named Arthur Curator who lives in an art museum of sorts where I store my sims' self-portraits, photos, etc. This has all be completely fixed that problem.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • ConfutusConfutus Posts: 113 Member
    I was having this problem because my sims' house and inventory was full of photos they took and paintings plus all the "cd" cases from the uploaded music they created. Apparently, I learned recently that your sims being overloaded with stuff they made is one of the causes of them taking a long time to do things, staring into space etc. I now have a sim named Arthur Curator who lives in an art museum of sorts where I store my sims' self-portraits, photos, etc. This has all be completely fixed that problem.

If two or more of my Sim's needs are in the red, they have a devil of a time deciding which to take care of first and need to be prompted with a command.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
    My sim has completed a couple of degrees. Both off campus. I'd have her head out to class about 30 minutes before it was scheduled to start.
    She never missed class.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    The best option is to have them live at home when attending university. Dorms are a huge mess in TS4.

@Sablesasha

I might try that myself -- I've always been a bit nervous about messing with the time settings (I think there was an NRaas mod in Sims 3 that had similar effects) but sounds like a good deal. I've used MCCC to slow down need decay a small amount just so Sims have time to do things other than eat/sleep/pee. :|
    Sharonia wrote: Β»
    The best option is to have them live at home when attending university. Dorms are a huge mess in TS4.

I like the dorm experience, plus it's a good way for my Sims to meet people especially potential romantic partners. My Sims are usually too busy building skills to socialize much, even my teens. And if they can get enough aspiration points to get the Observant trait that makes finding the right partner that much easier. :)
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Class attendance takes a lot of monitoring in my game as well.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,443 Member
    Did both of those! Still didn't make a difference

@Sablesasha you probably already know this, but your sim needs to be standing for Teleport Here to work. What I do if they're sitting is cancel any action they're doing, click near them & choose Go Here (that gets them standing) then I do the Teleport Here command at the spot they need to be. I found a year or so ago that if you do Teleport Here while they're sitting the sim ended up either sitting in weird spots or taking forever to get where you want them to be.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    I played discover university without mods recently because I wanted to check if a bug was still present (getting a class that you have to attend with less than 5 min to get to it in another building) and I was reminded why I play the game with mods, without mods that give your sim faster eating, removing environment animations and gets them to run to class it is very annoying to play Discover University...

The one thing I really dislike is the environment idle animation, every time my sim woke up in the dorm they just let out a "boooooring" animation over and over again.

Feel free to post me too on this Answer HQ post so they can get rid of it. I don't mind the environment buff, but the animations drives me nuts.
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    I don't have a problem getting to class on time. I wake them up 3 hours early, send them to school to eat at either the cafeteria or a food cart, then make them go stand in front of the classroom at least 1 and 1/2 hours early. I have them study or play with the soccer ball to keep them from running off to chat with a random, and I end whatever they are doing 15 minutes before class starts, since it can take that long for them to put their book or ball away. They walk right into class when it starts, and I set them to listen for half the class and then take notes for the rest, and I rarely have a problem. It takes a bit of work, but results in an A plus honor student every time. Oh, and should I have trouble getting them to eat or whatever, I have no guilt about use the cheat to fill there needs, because Uni is tough.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Sharonia wrote: Β»

I had a sim live on campus but always ensured she was in the library in Britechester at least 2 hours before class time. That way, she left, walked straight into a loading screen, and when it loaded up, was in class. Never failed.
  • foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 231 Member
    I could literally have the biggest go at the programmer that put that bloody awful 'bored' animation - every time I see it I honestly want to scream over and over and over again - seen it about 50000 times and its very old very boring and grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

As for University, I had problems in the dorms but when I moved my sim out and had their own home or were still living at the family home (I've done University twice and didn't enjoy it at all although I like the CAS items) it was sooo much easier - I dont use mods at all.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,286 Member
    I nearly always use the make happy cheat to avoid eating, as it does take forever and always, and my Sims can be starving, too (full red bar) and yet they talk or do anything but take a single bite of their food! I usually take, on average, four Sims at a time through Uni. They all live in the same dorm so I can control them. Yes, I must have my way. No, you can't lollygag in the shower for a whole hour you have class in thirty minutes!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Go to class - stays sitting in chair for over an hour past school starts before even standing, then will take close to an hour to get to class, before standing outside the building for another hour, of course finally enters for the last 2 mins of class
    I try to make them get up 3 hours before class to make sure they'll leave on time
    Eat - stands there with plate in hand for another hour before sitting and then stares for an hour before eating.

She's in a dorm, but I have no other players in the game

:'( what's the point of playing a game you can't play... happens all the time, in all different situations

I just want to play

My computer, all the computers I've played on have had the right specs, above the specs, so why can't it just work :(

Is your graphics card driver up to date? Because not updating it can cause lag in your game.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    On-campus dorms are really bugged right now. My sim will leave for class early and wait at the door. Then when class starts, run all the way back to the dorm.