Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Between2Worlds [Story] 06/04

Comments

• lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    Chapter 1.7
    That looks far from simple. Lots of poses, extra sims and editing to get the news broadcast pictures (I want to do a news broadcast for an upcoming chapter and I am dreading it, lol). I can see that it would be a lot of work, but the pictures turned out so well and it all looks so believable. :)

Now I am really worried about Eva and Isaias with those creepy masked guys on their tail, but I also want to find out more about what is going on in the magic realm and how everything is connected.
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited October 2020
    @DeafSimmer
    We’ll be following new and old characters. :) So far it’s been mainly Eva and Isaias just so we get a strong-ish idea of how they fit into the whole B2W universe.

I agree! Gabriella is cute and completely infatuated with Curtis haha. You could say that, that the masked people are antimagic. :wink:

@ThePlumbob
    A lot of those are deco sims actually. I definitely didn’t cheat 20+ sims into the household to make that scene, though I will have to for an upcoming chapter. Oh dear. Not looking forward to that one when this took me a few days to get right already.

Ah oops! I was hoping their banter would lighten up the mood a little. I guess the eeriness is in good timing for Halloween! :lol:

@lone_cat
    Oof yeah. I actually have sims called ‘Sim1, Sim2, Sim3’ with family names as ‘Bar Patreon’ or ‘Police’ rofl, although to preserve my sanity I also use a lot of deco sims too. I’m glad you found it believable. I’m not satisfied with it but I’m determined to get rid of my perfectionism. :joy: Oooh news broadcast? I’m liking this extra info. You’re getting me pumped up for what’s coming next!

Ahaha, the only reason why you say it like that is because you know that for the mystery to unfold those two have to entangle themselves with the creepy people. In that, you’re absolutely right, though I’m sure they’ll do fiine. :tongue:
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    Woo! Chapter! :mrgreen:

Ha! Something tells me that Dew will not be in prison for long. I wonder if she can hold onto that necklace until she’s out.

Cheeky Curtis being cheeky. I have to wonder about their choice of a dating location though, haha. An electrical appliance store? What? :D To each their own I suppose. My gods, but she looks so much like Athena that it’s starting to give me the creeps. Especially with the “you’re one of a kind” comment. I really hope that Mr. Rich just has a type, and it happens to be doe-eyed, pale-skinned redheads. Because her being used as a substitute for Athena is all kinds of disturbing and very unhealthy for both of them.

Interesting. So the White Wraiths can get to a suspect in police custody. Nggghhhh that’s all kinds of disturbing, too. How are they managing to do that? Do they have access outright? Do they have a way to sneak past security and get in that way? Neither option sounds very good, but the first one scares me more than the second one. :worried:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @_sims_Yimi
    :joy: it's an electronics store. The way it was designed was handheld electronics in the front and appliances in the back, which this chapter failed to capture so it seemed weird that they were browsing larger electronics haha.

I'm sure there's nothing wrong with Mr Rich's dating strategies! Nothing wrong with his preferences either. This chapter is not disturbing nor unhealthy at all! :blush:

The WWs may be all kinds of creepazoid and yuck, but they have their ways. :sweat_smile: I'm excited to feature them more. I hope they feel less eerie. :lol:
    End of Chapter 1!... and the start of a two week countdown. :lol:

6mVIn0I.jpg
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    edited October 2020
    The eye was really cool! And a neat way to reveal there was already loads of other magic performed in the area that Isaias didn't even know about.

Isaias is really growing on me. I loved that little moment where Eva almost made him smile. He feels like he has layers for days. I really want to know more about him, and this Silver School of Magic, and their rank/level system... I wonder if Athena has involvement with them - would she have joined a formal training institution, with all the powers she would have discovered in that tome, or would she just have gone rogue... so many questions!
    Chapter 1.8
    Ah, so Isaias took Eva to a place outside his home. I totally thought he was going to the magic realm with her, but that makes sense that he can't transport that far. I am really curious about magic in your story and learning more about Isaias. Eva is in good hands, and she is very lucky that Isaias was around to get her out of a dangerous situation.
    @ThePlumbob
    I've always had a weird fascination with Dullahans the first time I got to know them from a game. In my defense, they looked cute there. :# The next chapter has some lore to Isa's identity! And Athena is not far at all. Funfact: She was supposed to make an appearance in the next chapter. But I experienced a blackout and lost all my progress and then my whims changed. But she's round the corner. :smile:

@DeafSimmer
    Eva is not the type who believes in magic. Athena will appear in ch 2 yes. :)

@lone_cat
    Ah yeah, there are some hard rules to B2W magic. I've changed somethings. It didn't make sense to me that going to the magic realm is so easy in the game. This next chapter should help.

Eva is definitely lucky to have Isaias around. With her personality, I'm worried for her myself.

Do you remember these guys? :)

O6tcd5b.jpg
    Chapter 2.1
    Eva keeps running away from the person that rescued her and is keeping her safe. I guess I can't blame her, everything she knows is being turned on its head.

I do like that it is hard for people to get to the magic realm and that the sages have control of the portals. I agree, it just seems weird that anyone can just waltz into the magic realm and become a spellcaster in the game. I wonder how Athena ties into this since she has a connection to Morgyn. She also still has that book. I don't think she would align herself with evil, but I could be wrong. Maybe she has gone into hiding? I'm not really sure, but I look forward to reading more about what is happening in the magic realm or magic in general. :)
    I already left you an essay of a comment on your blog, not sure if there's much else I have to add, except that your screenshots just keep getting better and better, as if that's even possible. They always take my breath away, such a dreamlike quality to them.

Oh, also
    With every chapter, I'm liking Isaias more and more, and Eva gets on my nerves more and more. Sure, there is determined and driven, but her inability to take anybody else's outlook and insights into account is starting to rub me the wrong way. I know what she experienced is insane, so it's a natural reaction to just deny it, easiest way to deal with it. But boy is she frustrating.
    @DeafSimmer
    Your first sentence made me question my biting dark humor. I need to take a pill too lol. :joy: You’re right, it’s not easy for many people to come to terms with supernaturals, Eva especially so.

Athena is not far. Really! Thanks for waiting. :)

@lone_cat
    Ahh, Eva is a quirky one. She’d argue that running away is the most sensible thing to do. Yeap! B2W is now W2B for her.

Oh yes, Athena still has Morgyn’s tome. Hopefully she picked the side that doesn’t turn B2W any darker than it already is. I was aiming for a cheery-er story this time around… :#

@ThePlumbob
    I’ve said this but ahh I love it when you share your insights. And I’m glad you like the screenshots, though nothing can compare to BC’s dreamlike Slyvan Glade and Windenburg Winter. <3

I can understand that. Eva is stressed out and mishandling the situation when there are much better ways to deal with it. She’s not going to be easy to follow, but there’s a chapter that might make it tolerable.. (maybe?) :lol:
    edited October 2020
    @lone_cat
    I do like that it is hard for people to get to the magic realm and that the sages have control of the portals. I agree, it just seems weird that anyone can just waltz into the magic realm and become a spellcaster in the game.
    I know, right? I've always hated how easy all of that is in game. An ordinary sim should not be able to just wander into the magic realm and demand to be turned into a spellcaster, no biggie /end of rant [/quote]

@mercuryfoam
    Aww, thank you :)

To be honest, I am aware that I being harsh on Eva. She's just trying to process what's happening to her the best way she knows how, is still in shock, possibly still somewhat affected by the spell or it's after-effects, and everything she knows has turned into madness. That would be hard for anyone, but as far as we can see, one of Eva's defining characteristics is thriving when she takes charge, and this is the exact opposite of that. How can you control an uncontrollable situation? Her reaction, rejection of reality, is natural, and very believable. So while I find it incredibly frustrating (and will probably continue to rant about it haha), I definitely do sympathise with her.
    @DeafSimmer
    I think I read until chapter 3 of your current generation. I've fallen behind on my reading list this month. The only reason my story is still getting updated is because these are pre-written chapters and Eva's dilemma calms me down. lol I sound so evil saying that.. o:):lol:

@ThePlumbob
    Were you being harsh on Eva? :sweat_smile: I didn't think you were harsh at all! Then again, I didn't think B2W was dark until numerous people pointed it out to me. Now I wonder if you think I was am incredibly harsh to Morgyn *cough* :smirk:

Oof yes, you're defo nailing it there, though I already thought you were nailing it that she was perplexing to read too. And don't feel like you can't express/rant/chew on Eva or anyone. They're all cute and frustrating in their own quirky ways :smiley:
    Don't think that me saying that I understand means I'm retracting my initial assessment of Eva's behaviour, she still frustrates me, and I'm sure I will continue to rant about her :D But I thought out that I would point out that I do understand where she's coming from and why she's acting that way. It's that Libra in me, always seeking balance :D

Do I think you were you harsh on Morgyn? I guess it depends on your definition of harsh, haha. Let's put it this way, your opinion on them is not undeserved :) And I would imagine Morgyn themself would probably say that a strong reaction is a good reaction, lol.

edited October 2020
    Chapter 2.2 is not that bad, Eva.. but you do you girl. :D:sweat_smile:

6bL1Qy4.jpg

• candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    ATHENA!! :scream: 😭😍
    Sorry I'm stoked ahahahaha
    @candycottonchu
    Yay! I'm excited too, but super dreading it. :joy:
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    @mercuryfoam I think Eva would like to disagree with you about how bad it is. Poor girl's nerves are going to be completely shot after this. :D
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    Yay, it's good to see Athena, at least I hope it's Athena. :) Eva just keeps running into spellcasters. At least they are all spellcasters and are willing to help her. Eva just hasn't figured that out yet. :D
    @DeafSimmer
    I’m glad it was fun. She doesn’t have the clumsy trait, but she is prone to accidents. .. That doesn’t make a lot of sense does it. :lol:

@_sims_Yimi
    :# too much truth in that.. I’m going to stay silent now *whistles*…

@lone_cat
    :lol: Don’t you just wanna take a megaphone, put it at Eva’s ear and go “YOU JUST GOTTA BELIEVE!” ?
    .... No? Just me? Okay… 🙈