Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Spark'd Challenge: Creature Creation

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member
edited October 2020 in The Sims Spark'd

CREATURE CREATION: STYLIST
Unleash a whole new world full of mystery, mischief, and maybe a little mayhem. Let's make some magic.

Create a one-of-a-kind creature that has never been seen before in The Sims™ 4 game.

Style your new life state using the Everyday outfit category.
The Sim’s last name will be where you identify the creature type.
The base of the Sim can be any of the current life states that can be found in the game, but make it your own!
DLC not required.

CREATURE CREATION: BUILDER
Unleash a whole new world full of mystery, mischief, and maybe a little mayhem. Let's make some magic.

Imagine a magical world where mystical creatures live and create a place they would call home.

Can be on a mountaintop or on a completely different planet—this is where your creature should feel most at home.
Be original and surprise us!

CREATURE CREATION: STORYTELLER

Tell a tale of mystery and magic with one-of-a-kind creatures living in your imagination. Share your Creature Creation story!

Feel free to base your story on an existing mythical creature, an occult life state explored by past Sims games, or something dreamed up by you! Keep in mind that the creature should feel new and unique.
Story ideas to get you started: origin story, where they live, what they do, or anything else that showcases what makes this creature unique!

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Some simmers could re-enter their entries for the Golden Age one from what I saw of them! ;)
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    This is the best one! Can't wait to see what people make!
    #Team Occult
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Here's Giancarlo Wolff, my entry to the challenge:

Qvxiizg.png
    ClQx9mI.png
    EcU5wZt.png

My Id is WallSims4ever if you wanna check out :)
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I entered a male and a female this time. I do it just for fun <3

First up is Blossom
    Her name is Blossom, she is a Spring Elve that puts blossoms on fruit trees and picks the lovely colours of flowers before they bloom. You never see her, but you can admire her hard work in your Spring Gardens 😉
    r1gw8qO.png

Second up is Deacon
    Meet Deacon. Be aware all Sulani residents, a new very handsome sim with a dark secret has moved into your town. Don't look him in the eyes, just one stare into them and you will be swooned into a false security of safety. You will fall in love and lose all grip on reality and before you know it, you will be thirsty for .........blood !!!!
    PUUDMrn.png

• tatselktatselk Posts: 519 Member

This is my entry to the challenge!

Title: The Dapper Mr Jiang

Name: Guishi Jiang

Origin ID: tatselk

Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F348D574111011EB804E52514E992084

Showcase: https://tatselk.tumblr.com/post/632302562656256000/the-dapper-mr-jiang

Description: My entry for the Creature Creation challenge: a zombie from another era!

Originally from Shang Simla, Mr Jiang migrated to San Myshuno about a century ago to get rich. Somebody paid Mr Jiang a small fortune to test a potion which put him into a catatonic state. When Mr Jiang woke up decades later, he found that he has now acquired a certain taste for… BRAINS.

FYI Guishi Jiang is a combination of “Jiangshi” (“zombie” in Chinese) and “Gui” (“ghost” in Chinese). :)

Teaser Pics:

c7cbd9e16c5f3ebc16453adf735c55f435650f6b.jpg

8d0dcff5c31729e4ad5d021c81bf8d6911ba1945.jpg

It's so unfair how the most voted ones are either average human sims or creatures we already have in the game (literally the top ones are a college jock and a vampire followed by a lot of average human sims).
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 440 Member
    1drhz69njyt51.png
    Here's my Creature Submission!
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Oh WOW! This is a fantastic start already, I love all your creatures!! :love:

@simgirl1010 Thanks for creating the thread to keep everyone in the loop before the weekend started for most of you. :) But just for completion's sake, the comprehensive Spark'd challenge thread is now updated with all the info, too. :)

@Simburian That's what's so great about these challenges isn't it? :relaxed: Everyone can interpret the theme differently - and even our "creatures" can enjoy their Golden Age, right? :grin:

@LiELF I agree!! This theme is my favourite so far and it fits so well with the season, don't you think? :heart:

@WallSims4ever Great job with your werewolf! I love how you combined the different supernatural aspects! So awesome! :smiley:
    And it's still early in the challenge. Things might change when more great creations come in so other creatures become most voted.

@mcrudd It's so cool that you went with two completely different characters and creatures! Deacon would certainly make a holiday in Sulani much less relaxing ... but Blossom could look after my garden anytime! :relaxed:

@tatselk The Dapper Mr Jiang is such a cool contribution! I really love the backstory and how much thought went into all if it!
    And what do we learn from this? Never take weird potions from strangers! :joy:

@KathMHughes Your parrot pirate is simply amazing! And she's been through a lot ........ :hushed: What a great concept, long may she sail the high seas!

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member
    Thanks @EA_Leeloo. I figured the announcement happened after you were off for the weekend. Please feel free to close or merge this thread. 😊
    Thanks a lot @EA_Leeloo !! And congrats to the other creators as well!
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    I tried to make one but as the heads cannot be enlarged to suit my imagination I gave up. :'(
  • tatselktatselk Posts: 519 Member

@EA_Leeloo Thanks for the kind comment! Unfortunately, I don't think that's what Mr Jiang learnt from the potion incident. I mean, he DID get (plenty of) simoleons and eternal (un)life out of it after all. 😂
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I made an Alien Ghost, his wife a Mermaid Ghost, her sister a beautiful Witch who's in love with a Vampire that wants to be a Werewolf. He's also the Alien Ghost's brother. It's all relative.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Do you know what is Gumiho, a nine-tailed fox? She is one of the mythical creatures in tales & folklores in Asia. They can shapeshifting into a beautiful woman then lures men to eat their liver/heart. Some says that the Gumiho can turn into a human once they have eaten 1,000 livers/hearts. >:)

So, here is my version, Miyako, the nine-tailed fox. She is beautiful, elegant, mischievous, & evil! She's available on my gallery, Miyako, The Gumiho

ubw4edc.png
    GmGpcFz.png
    cwuCayW.png
    VL5dyDH.png
    pPIh2Ly.png
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    I submitted four sims. I really love this challenge so much! Everyone's entries are such fun!
    My Origin ID is: VaguelyAloof

My werewolf, Mara! Link to Gallery
    50i3XfJ.png
    A reptilian woman! Link to Gallery
    Nu31Oss.png

A banshee, as well! Link to Gallery
    p26Vyko.png

And a drow dark elf for copyright reasons! Link to Gallery
    AUJLSNw.png

Apologies if my post is too big! I waffled on it.

a63ftuN.png
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    @EA_Leeloo Blossom would love to come and do her magic in your sim's gardens <3
  • BROWNKDSBROWNKDS Posts: 8 New Member
    > @WallSims4ever said:
    > Here's Giancarlo Wolff, my entry to the challenge:
    >
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > My Id is WallSims4ever if you wanna check out :)

This guy looks like Big Be Wolf from The Wolf Among Us. Definitely a wolf to be on the lookout for.
    People have some really cool creations! I feel like I'm going to find a lot of awesome new Townies and lots for my game this time around. <3

I have too many to submit, lol. I've started giving some final tweaks and updates to some of my older creature households and I uploaded some today, but I have more to work on.

It would really help if we were able to use a cheat to unlock the entirety of CAS. Trying to get around it in game and using mods just for this is kind of a pain.
    #Team Occult
  • piekielna437piekielna437 Posts: 2 New Member
    I just uploaded a Vampire Lair for the Spark's challenge :) ID AnetaBlake

This place is abandoned.... Sims are coming here just to dump their trash and broken furniture.... No one with right mind would stay around...Right? That's the reason why the vampire family decided to call this dumpster a home. Underground they created a nice homey lair with 2bedrooms, 2bathrooms and an office. Come in if you find your way...

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/477EEC02164711EB88421AE2A2C073C3
  • heyuplupheyuplup Posts: 4 New Member
    I felt like Father Winter could use a counter balance this time round: https://youtu.be/elRYoZiMftc (see my profile under heyuplup in the gallery for sims / buildings featured that weren't autogenerated by the game)
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    @LiELF I think you might these ones...

HLKyPjt.png

https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/BD7913D1143011EB866992C6BCF1FE28
    Your cousin says #fairies used to live here. Part of you thinks she is kidding while the other part wishes they will return.

a6y7Gc8.png
    TFRApNx.png
    I0VrsDZ.png
    0z7wwcU.png
    qo3FF6k.png
    TXCP1KE.png
    qIz0uBL.png
    m2CvgsH.png
    0gu2Go6.png
    Lel91MG.png
    ElGkyOG.png
    dLiMG44.png
    9sUOnG0.png
    C8Ll8Nd.png
    juOuY5i.png
    tV1zEZ8.png

KWhX6yG.png
    https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B73E8C7417FC11EB8979D434B4652DF6
    You find yet another #fairy house. Nearby, abandoned on a bank bench, is a camera and an open journal . Glancing at the journal, four words stand out "The magic still lingers". You examine the fairy house and it's surroundings. Coloured motes of light dance around it. If this is a hoax it is an incredibly well detailed one.

Your eye is caught by the small figurine of a fairy beside the pond. There are miniature candles surrounding it. You hold it in your hand. An aura of sadness surrounds it, it is in a posture of defeat, supplication, mourning? You can't quite decide. You gently place it back and pick up the journal and skim it's contents. Its owner appears to be searching for supernatural creatures. You would very much like to meet them. Stuck in the pages of the journal is a Brindleton bay ferry timetable. That's a good place to start as any, you think as you place the journal and camera in your backpack and hurry down to catch the ferry.

The full moon rises over the sea as you sail to Deadgrass Island.

QF61JIX.png
    oGznWEO.png
    PBZbcY1.png
    EWreESp.png
    qLeqFhx.png
    MAUgI2y.png
    Qkoe4pj.png
    ihUTrCz.png
    70TT6El.png
    lRptVmF.png
    WnRFXPL.png

RcjGSfA.png
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E0E2DCB71C1811EB8F3DF063F73A62CC

As you approach the island an eldritch howl rings out across the sea. Ashen faced, you and the ferryman glance at each other and he turns the ferry around. Returning the following day you find wolf paw prints leading to the door of a cave dwelling.

The couple who live there invite you in for a bite to eat. The fish stew was delicious but why did they use so much garlic? You tell them about fairy house and the journal and they confirm that Adele, the writer, had visited them a couple of days ago but they couldn't tell you where she is now, they look concerned. As you go they warn about going to Forgotten Hollow, "The ones that live there are not friendly to our kind nor to the folk that you seek. Nor are they are good for humans like you"

VdnZXKC.png
    TMK0CO7.png
    rLpyTkE.png
    yflqvnS.png
    P0jLhgF.png
    peapm4e.png
    E3yZV5a.png
    H5sfrvo.png
    HMtq5cY.png
    jnoRUKK.png
    wmqrq67.png
    wWZS5Tf.png
    mu2pYIn.png
    dVOEd3q.png
    9QivIao.png
    jzX0CXC.png
    Ob80Mnh.png
    3cqbIhv.png
    vEQK7DQ.png

tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
    @Moon_Willow That's an amazing build! I uploaded my Fae household and they would look wonderful living here! It's beautiful!
    #Team Occult
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Sorry, folks! I know I'm past the deadline for submissions but I still wanted to congratulate you all on your incredible, amazingly talented creations - you all did a fantastic job!! :heart:

@WallSims4ever You're more than welcome! :)

@Simburian Aw I'm sorry to hear that. But I'm intrigued what you had in mind!

@tatselk Tsk tsk tsk ... but I guess Mr Jiang did his cost-benefit calculation. :tongue:

@SERVERFRA That sounds like a pretty awesome family! But since they are all so different, how are they all getting on with each other? ;)

@xamira99 Miyako The Gumiho is indeed beautiful and elegant (I wouldn't dare to judge her levels of mischievousness and evilness! :sweat_smile:), I bet she's a great Sim to play!

@Monday I love your creations! Now that must be quite the interesting flat share ... with a werewolf, a reptilian woman, a banshee, and a dark elf there will never be a dull moment! :smiley:

@mcrudd Awww bless her, she seems to be a really kind soul! :heart:

@BROWNKDS You know what, I thought the werewolf reminded me of something ... and you were spot-on, that's him in female form!!

@LiELF Too many to submit? :hushed: I'd love to see some of your creations as it sounds like there's a neverending stream of creatures in your game. :grin:

@crocobaura What a ray of sunshine! I love the rainbow hair, it's so gorgeous! And who would have thought that a zombie can be bright and cheerful!? :relaxed:

@piekielna437 Your vampire lair is super creepy! :fearful: That is definitely a home fit for a vampire family and I love what they did with the basement!

@heyuplup That is a very cool video (or even a cautious tale?) Either way, Krampusella has been very busy ... Very well done, I can tell that a lot of work went into this. Thank you for sharing!! :smile:

@Moon_Willow Wow, I'm just in awe - those screenshots!!! :love: And the background story to your build is just wonderful!

@EA_Leeloo Well, I've put together a bunch of picture collages, it turns out I submitted over twenty households/creations, lol. I don't want to spam up this thread with them, so I'll probably create my own thread in this section to share. I love to create "creatures" and monsters so this is something I've been doing in my game already for a long time and the CAS feature is one of my favorite things about Sims 4 so I'm always fiddling around in there. I've brushed up on some old households and also spent a lot of time in the last week making some new ones and it's been so enjoyable so I'm going to share one of those in this thread.

This is my "Happy Haunts Staff". Of course, I got the idea from the Happy Haunts option in the community Stuff Pack vote from last year and I really, really want this pack to be made (hint, hint @SimGuruNinja @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruMorgan @SimGuruSarah @SimGuruBat :p ) so I created this household to express a little bit of what I imagine that kind of pack would be like. I was going for a slight Tim Burton-esque, Beetlejuice kind of feel. The description says:

"Ghost trouble? Missing that relative who won't let you rest because they can't? Call 1-666-H-p-p-y-h-n-t and our Undertaker will fix all of your haunting needs! Let our Oracle get all the answers you don't want to hear while our on-site Gravedigger finds out who's really dead (or not)! Or, get an appointment with the Gatekeeper and speak directly to your Reaper! (Now hiring!) At Happy Haunts, we're not happy unless you're haunted!"

The Staff:

rfvLs5Q.jpg

Qe5IwEd.jpg

The Undertaker:

bFFQhqq.jpg

The Gravedigger:

EzMVKXZ.jpg

The Oracle and Gatekeeper:

32G0Mq3.jpg

You can find them here: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/9810ACD81BDD11EB8F081AE2A2C073C3?category=households&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=LiELF&max=50&maxis=false
    #Team Occult