Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unique Deaths in The Sims

2...Next

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    is death by rocket still a thing
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Unfortunately, several comments had to be removed and/or edited.

I get that there are a lot of discussion-worthy aspects in this topic and that everyone here has opinions on this. However, even though this is a discussion about unique Sims deaths, the forum rules still apply. That means that, for example, any discussion around politics, adult themes, or controversial topics (baiting) is not okay - neither is being rude or trolling/baiting/flaming.

Please keep that in mind when engaging in this forum.

- Leeloo
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    It terrified me when one of my sims got Time Paradox sickness, I didnt notice the moodlet until his last minute and I thought him blinking in and out of existence was because of the game glitch turns out it was the symptom
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Back to unique deaths. I just had a young adult male dying from embarrasement. I hope this is the English word for it, when they are embarrased. I really didn't think they could die from that. And once I had another sim dying of a broken heart.

I've had plenty of Sims die from broken hearts in TS2. I locked them in a room, alone, they had aspiration failure, they had thought bubbles of two Sims, (needing relationships and companionship) lol, when they didn't get a companion, they dreamed up a giant rabbit, which filled their social by arguing and fighting with that giant rabbit. It sort of defeated my plans if they kept conjuring up that rabbit, but eventually they died of broken hearts. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited October 2020
    is death by rocket still a thing
    I suspect so, if you do the equivalent of what I did in TS1. I accidentally put the rocket under a roof and had Sims set it off. Probably could do the same in Sims 4 with indoor fireworks. Presto, Sims Darwin Award! Perfect for pyro players.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • DrbigtDrbigt Posts: 222 Member
    nolurk wrote: »
    Death by Flies, if I remember correctly, was also something that could happen in Sims 1 and not just Sims2. In fact, as I recall, it led to enough complaints at one point that the developers (as a Sims Day download) created a fly-eating plant (venus flytrap?) which we could place within a household to take care of the issue.

I don't recall this ever happening in base game, was it introduced in a specific DLC? I know that I sometimes left the lot in a total mess by having completely unclean Sims and never had flies attack me.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Drbigt wrote: »
    Death by Flies, if I remember correctly, was also something that could happen in Sims 1 and not just Sims2. In fact, as I recall, it led to enough complaints at one point that the developers (as a Sims Day download) created a fly-eating plant (venus flytrap?) which we could place within a household to take care of the issue.

I don't recall this ever happening in base game, was it introduced in a specific DLC? I know that I sometimes left the lot in a total mess by having completely unclean Sims and never had flies attack me.

In Sims 3 and 4 they can't kill Sims but make them uncomfortable and lower environmental room scores eg. over dirty laundry etc in Sims 4.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    Drbigt wrote: »

In Sims 3 and 4 they can't kill Sims but make them uncomfortable and lower environmental room scores eg. over dirty laundry etc in Sims 4.

Sims 4 (with Eco Lifestyle) flies can gather at the garbage and can now kill sims if you direct a sim to "bond with flies". It's not a guaranteed death but it certainly is a thing now, but I think only with that pack installed.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Death by flies in Sims 1 wasn’t a thing, but they could get sick from roaches sometimes if they stomped them. However, the flies in Sims 1 were very annoying since they would not only congregate around dirty dishes, but would perpetually buzz around until playe figured out which toilet to clean.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.