Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friday Highlight October 16 - A week on The Sims forums

EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
Sul sul Simmers!

Another week, another Friday Highlights thread. :smiley:
I hope you had a great week and are all looking after yourselves! :heart:

This week has been a bit quieter ... but I'm sure all of us are still thinking about the in-game message we have been seeing since Tuesday:
The trailer for the new Expansion pack is dropping on October 20! Tune in to The Sims YouTube channel at 8 a.m. PT next week to watch and see what's coming next!
What do you think it will be?? 👀
I don't know about you but I have a lot of thoughts about what the theme might be and needless to say, my excitement levels are through the roof!
At least it's only 4 more days until we find out ..............

But enough of that - now, let's dive into the Friday Highlights and see what happened on the forum this week! :)

tzyb8kjp8is6.png
You can find this magical screenshot by @DeafSimmer in this thread here

Let's kick things off, shall we? Here are today's picks :
  • One of my favourite parts of the game is CAS; I can spend forever fiddling around until my Sims look just right. But I don't really share them (unless it's with you on this forum, from time to time). What about you, "Do you share your Sims with the world?" Tell us in the thread started by @GeniusSimmerGirl! :relaxed:
  • Are you looking for some inspiration for your next Sims or builds? Then why don't you check out "Shaymantha's Showcase" (by @Shaymantha, of course) and enjoy some really great creations? :smiley:
  • We all have them in our game ... Townies. I'd like to find out, "What do you do with Townies?" In this thread started by @phantasmkiss, you can cast your vote in the poll and read what other Simmers like to do! :relieved:
  • The next pick is something that I don't usually feature. Please excuse this shameless self-advertisement but if you are looking for a new challenge, maybe my (@EA_Leeloo's) thread "Show us your spooky Sims creations!" will keep you entertained for a while. :grin:
  • I'm sure you're feeling nostalgic when you think back to the time you first started to play The Sims. Ah, all those memories ... But I'm sure not everything went smooth right from the start (I mean, when does it ever?) - so, "When you first started playing The Sims ... what took you a while to figure out?" Take a walk down memory lane and share your experience in @Eme783's thread! :blush:
  • Since we talked about Townies earlier, let's have a look at pre-made Sims in The Sims 3 now! In the thread "Pre-mades and backstories" @Chi5678 invites you to share which one is your favourite. It's a tough one, but for me, the Goth Family is top of my list (I mean, the mystery!!). Which one do you like most? :)

That's it for today, folks. Have a fantastic weekend and look after yourselves! :heart: And if you have any recommendations for future Friday Highlights, don't forget to send them my way!

All the best,
Leeloo
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    Thanks for the highlights and have a great weekend! I'm planning a marathon simming weekend. Can't wait! 😊
  • GeniusSimmerGirlGeniusSimmerGirl Posts: 68 Member
    Wow, I can't believe I'm in a Friday Highlight! Thanks so much @EA_Leeloo
    My origin ID is quiverfullsims | My simblr can be found here. It follows the Rowan family- an extremely conservative clan with nearly 17 children.
  • ShaymanthaShaymantha Posts: 769 Member
    Wow thank you so much @EA_Leeloo you just made my day for mentioning my showcase in your Friday highlights! I'm a little shocked i have to admit as well as appreciating the recommendation. 😊
  • JackTheSimJackTheSim Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi all im new here, my name is Jack, anybody els think that they should bring out a sims bank were you can save a sim and there simolions And when the next gane is out you can download and that means to or from PC to console ?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    edited October 2020
    Awesome pic @DeafSimmer! And congrats to all mentioned. 😊
  • MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    Yay! Sims 3 players getting some love! <3
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Hopefully, something interesting! Also, let's hope they fix some of the game bugs that came with the most recent patch before it drops, lol.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • LeanneStrong57LeanneStrong57 Posts: 66 Member
    What happened on October 16?
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    @simgirl1010 Thanks so much! I hope you had a fabulous Simming weekend! :heart:

@GeniusSimmerGirl You are more than welcome! Thanks for starting this great thread! :smiley:

@Shaymantha Awww, it makes my day that I made your day! :relaxed: Your creations are wonderful, I had to mention them!

@JackTheSim Welcome to the forums! 🎉 That's a fun idea, thanks for sharing! I hope you're enjoying your time on the forum. :)

@DeafSimmer Well, your picture is very cool so I felt it has to be featured! It's totally deserved! :relieved:

@MamaSimTee I have nothing but love for The Sims 3 - so many great memories! And I know how many members of this community feel the same way! :grin:

@MsKatieRose Since I don't have an answer to that, we'll have to wait and see what the patch brings, I guess. ;)

@LeanneStrong57 I'm sure a lot of things happened on October 16. :) I just know that October 16 was a Friday - and that certainly is a good thing because I like Fridays! :blush: