Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could the cooking hints be related to a Dine Out update?

WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
The gurus have been posting a lot of food pictures on twitter and we have that pig chef sculpture that is supposed to be hinting at something.

A lot of people have been saying it's a hint at the next EP, and that it would be based on cooking reality shows and all that. But what if it's hinting at an update for Dine Out?

I remember last year or in the beggining of this year, there was a survey about packs we would like to see updated and improved and, for what I remember, Dine Out was one of the most voted packs.

What if they're updating the pack to add the chef career? I personally would love if we were able not only to run, but also to cook in our own restaurants (and I would love even more if the next EP is not related to food).

Comments

• StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    Isn't there already a chef career as a branch of a base game career, the other branch being mixology?
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    The culinary chef/bartender career is base game, indeed.

Anyway, anything is possible, but I seriously doubt it. It would be the first pack revamp yet, so I'd have to see it to believe it. Other surveys have mentioned a possible "culinary quest" theme for a pack which is much more likely if it's a hint.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Starfree wrote: »
    Isn't there already a chef career as a branch of a base game career, the other branch being mixology?

Sure, but its not an active career. A lot of simmers were disappointed that in Dine Out we can run restaurants but not actually be the cook. That's what I was talking about.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I doubt they'd update Dine Out- they never update packs after release. :/

They could update the base game culinary career, which could be interesting. They could turn it into an active career.
    bixters wrote: »

They could update the base game culinary career, which could be interesting. They could turn it into an active career.

They never did, but they will. That's what the survey I mentioned was all about, updating existing packs.

They couldn't make the culinary career active in the base game, cause it would require restaurants, which came with Dine Out.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

They never did, but they will. That's what the survey I mentioned was all about, updating existing packs.

They couldn't make the culinary career active in the base game, cause it would require restaurants, which came with Dine Out.

While they did have a survey about updating existing packs, I wouldn't hold my breath. They've never updated a pack before, and I doubt they will considering the tight leash EA has them under to make as much money as possible. Does updating an existing pack help EA make money? No, that is unless there is a PR scandal, like with the skin tones....

I don't think they technically need to make the culinary career in a restaurant. Maybe it will be more like a celebrity/ game show chef? I believe celebrity chef is one of the final career levels.

• CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Personally I would love it if they added it in so that I could play as the chef! I expected that to have been part of the pack in the beginning and surprised (and a little disappointed) that it wasn't.

It still could make them money to update the pack as well. Not everyone has all of the packs and anyone still on the fence with this one could be persuaded and it renews a fresh interest in an older pack, especially for newer players to the series.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Have they ever added content to a pack via a patch? Typically, it's just to the base game.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Starfree wrote: »

Yes but you don't follow your chef to work.
    The gurus have been posting a lot of food pictures on twitter and we have that pig chef sculpture that is supposed to be hinting at something.

A lot of people have been saying it's a hint at the next EP, and that it would be based on cooking reality shows and all that. But what if it's hinting at an update for Dine Out?

I remember last year or in the beggining of this year, there was a survey about packs we would like to see updated and improved and, for what I remember, Dine Out was one of the most voted packs.

What if they're updating the pack to add the chef career? I personally would love if we were able not only to run, but also to cook in our own restaurants (and I would love even more if the next EP is not related to food).

Keep in mind more food could come if resorts are added in an EP.
    cody6268 wrote: »
    Have they ever added content to a pack via a patch? Typically, it's just to the base game.

Yes when they added Toddlers.

Toddlers were added to the base game.

No, they have never added content to a pack via patch, but, according to the survey I mentioned, they plan on doing so (or maybe they were just fooling us).
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I could be wrong, but I thought the cooking hints were for the yummy recipes that came with the 10/6 patch. I do hope they'll continue to add more recipes from other cultures in future patches, and maybe patch in the descriptive details to previous recipes (like the Selvadorada dishes or the City Living food cart dishes).
  • CopperBoltCopperBolt Posts: 132 Member
    My guess is if they do an update they'll put the pack on sale at the same time or offer new bundles.
  • AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member

Toddlers were added to the base game.

No, they have never added content to a pack via patch, but, according to the survey I mentioned, they plan on doing so (or maybe they were just fooling us).

When toddlers released, they technically added alien toddlers to Get to Work. They added an alien diaper for toddlers in Get to Work when toddlers came out.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    The chef pig was a hint to the star wars pack. Someone explained it before the pack came out that they're a type of species that live on batuu.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,021 Member
    edited October 2020

While they did have a survey about updating existing packs, I wouldn't hold my breath. They've never updated a pack before, and I doubt they will considering the tight leash EA has them under to make as much money as possible. Does updating an existing pack help EA make money? No, that is unless there is a PR scandal, like with the skin tones....
    This. I'm sure they probably just included that to give us false hope and to look good. I don't think that they shared the results of that part of the survey, when they usually talk about how community has answered their surveys.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017