Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you prefer Alpha or Maxis Match CC? (Or a combo)?

13...Next

Comments

• KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    edited May 2019
    A Combination of Both
    I use mostly MM, but my tods and kids have a lot of clothing that's somewhere "in between". I also use some alpha furniture if I like the textures.
  • gimmiemoreblairgimmiemoreblair Posts: 53 Member
    Maxis Match
    i used to only use alpha cc cause i liked the fact is was realistic and very pretty (when i first discovered what cc was i only found alpha cc). then i discovered maxis match and realized how much i liked that more since in blends into the game perfectly.
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Alpha
    I prefer alpha cc in every way :)
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    Maxis Match
    Maxis Match. Alpha looks weird to me.
  • bsktcasebsktcase Posts: 4 New Member
    I honestly prefer MM as it goes well with the game and makes me sims feel like they fit in a bit more with the townies
  • Author75Author75 Posts: 2 New Member
    The only problem with alpha is that it has completely ruined my tolerance for MM! MM just looks completely cartoony to me now, and it's not a look I ever liked. One of the reasons it took me so long to start playing The Sims in the first place was that I didn't think the game looked realistic enough for me to find it entertaining. I don't and have never played any other computer games, so I have zero tolerance for anything that looks like it's trying to imitate reality in a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 way (not that The Sims is trying to do that at all, I know, but initially that was how the style of it came across to me). Therefore I've had to pretty much convert the entire contents of my Sims' houses, as well as my Sims themselves, to alpha CC only. Then again, alpha CC is the only reason I'm still playing the game after so long! It's the only thing that still really excites me about TS4 - and it still gets me to play in live mode too because there's nothing better than seeing those amazingly crafted alpha objects come to life! I agree that MM and alpha do clash, but I much, much prefer my game realistic. My Sims too all have natural-looking skins and features. I don't even look at the clothes the game provides us with anymore. It is a bit of a shame because I was excited about the Eco Living and Nifty Knitting packs but ended up removing every piece of furniture that came with them - just looked ridiculous beside the rest of the furniture in the house. But just after Nifty Knitting came out, one of my favourite alpha creators sent me a whole lot of alpha knitting stuff as well as a good choice of rocking chairs, so I wasn't complaining. It made me realise too that there really is enough alpha cc out there to enable players to use only alpha content if they want to. A big part of my game is the constant search for new and amazing alpha CC and the top creators out there never disappoint! I'm forever in awe of those digital artists who create furniture, objects and even whole rooms that look like pics taken from the inside of a real house. TS4 is my living dollhouse and I like it to look as real as possible! :)
  • Author75Author75 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited September 2020
    Wow, this site is very strict on language! The censored part only said [Removed]

[The profanity filter is there for a reason, please do not attempt to circumvent it. ~Rtas]
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    Alpha
    Alpha. More realistic style. Maxis match is too cartoonistic for my taste. It always surprises me that only few people prefer alpha cc.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    A Combination of Both
    I started out with a strong preference for alpha. Over time it shifted to neutral. Now I have a strong preference for maxis match hairs. Everything else I’m still neutral on. I have no problem mixing it all in my game.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    A Combination of Both
    It makes no sense to me why people are so polarized on this. Who cares? More hair is ALWAYS better. What does it matter how realistic it looks?
  • Gemmie12Gemmie12 Posts: 262 Member
    A Combination of Both
    it depends on the look I'm going for. I mostly play with MM, while I use alpha(if necessary) for clothing.
    CJcvgXD.png
    Lein Modded Legacy

OriginID/PSN: Gemmie12
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Maxis Match
    My hair cc must be maxis match. I don't mind if clothes and furniture cc are alpha, as long as it doesn't look too realistic.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • glory_joyglory_joy Posts: 134 Member
    Alpha
    My primary game, built from a blank world save, is entirely Alpha--the sims, the landscape, the buildings and furnishings. I really like the look, but like someone stated above, it only looks right if it all has the same style. But I love how it looks. I would need to dump my entire mods folder and start over if I was thinking of using Maxis Match. I can't even imagine not using cc!
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    I Don't Use CC
    I try not to, but I usually use Maxis-match if I have any. I tried using more realistic Sim replacements, but that was buggy.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    I Don't Use CC
    ohSnap wrote: »
    I like my CC to blend in with everything else in the game, so MM it is. Although I'm thinking of getting rid of my CC altogether and going vanilla. I just get fed up of having naked, bald sims and missing objects every time I update...

Which exactly is why I quit using them. Fun reworking Sims that were created using all this stuff, and then trying to match whoever they're supposed to look like (usually a character from film, TV, or video games). Recently had some fun making a take on Bayonetta actually look like what she's supposed to, using just what the game has.
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    Maxis Match
    I have a few more alpha-looking things (Kijiko’s eyelashes, a few hairstyles, maybe some furniture), but everything else is Maxis Match. Alpha CC just looks out of place with the rest of the game, and I think that too much of it can look kind of creepy sometimes.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    A Combination of Both
    I use mainly Maxis Match, especially for CAS but I do like a few Build Buy items that could be considered Alpha because they aren't as "cartoony" as Maxis. I also use a default terrain texture replacement that is more Alpha but looks good in the game and I prefer it to the default.
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Alpha
    Even though this is from 2018, I'll answer: ALPHA all the way!
    Seems like an unpopular opinion, though. I really like how they make my sims look :)
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Stayc615Stayc615 Posts: 37 Member
    edited November 2020
    A Combination of Both
    I use both but I lean heavily towards MM because alpha stands out too much. Alpha hair on toddlers is kinda weird. Like toddlers with hair down to their butt. I've never met a toddler with hair longer than mine.
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Alpha
    Stayc615 wrote: »
    I use both but I lean heavily towards MM because alpha stands out too much. Alpha hair on toddlers is kinda weird. Like toddlers with hair down to their butt. I've never met a toddler with hair longer than mine.

Yeah... the hair can look pretty weird. They can look really wispy and shiny and out of place. I have to be very picky about which ones I download. Luckily I've found about 2 creators that make pretty good ones lol
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • LyncesableLyncesable Posts: 22 Member
    Maxis Match
    I prefer Maxis Match, just because it fits the game and I like the game's style. I have some Alpha CC though, but only when I think it also fits my style/preferences.
  • ElisetomElisetom Posts: 70 Member
    Maxis Match
    The only alpha CC that I use is a under stairs shelf that I was not able to find a maxis-match version.