Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What made you start playing Sims 4?

Comments

• Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    Other
    I absolutely loved TS2 but struggled once the graphics became outdated 😢

I hated TS3 but gave TS4 a chance to provide me the enjoyment that TS2 did.

It failed. I hugely regret buying it.

Worse still, I asked for packs from family for Birthday / Xmas, hoping it would improve the game for me.

It failed again.

If I could, I would return the whole lot for a refund.

😔
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I started playing Sims 4 on release
    I carried on from Sims 3 when Sims 4 was released.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I got the game when it was free/cheap
    A couple of friends of mine who occasionally posted some of their sim's exploits mentioned that it was free in May of 2019. I'd always been mildly curious, but have way too many other expenisve hobbies (Cosplay, Jewelry, knitting, general crafting, CG Art) that always claimed my funds before I could look at most video games. So with it being free, I decided to check it out, and I stayed.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Other
    I wasn't ready to leave Sims 3, but my daughter got a copy as a gift when it was first released, and started trying to get me to play immediately. I gave in because blah blah bonding time with child or something I dunno. ;)

I stay for the building.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Was expecting it to be a blend of the best of TS2 & 3 with improvements from the advance in gaming technology since their release. Blimey! Was I ever wrong! I do play it occasionally, when so worn out after a hard work day that's what I can handle. Otherwise, any gaming time goes to TS2 and TS3. Even TS1 is more fun.
  • robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    Other
    I was very resistant to playing The Sims 4. I had spent so much money playing The Sims 3 that I just couldn't justify starting all over again. Everyone that I spoke to either said that it was their favorite or that it was their least favorite, no one was in-between the two. I managed to find the base game for a good price, so I picked it up and that was that.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Other
    My hard drive was corrupted and all my Sims 2 saves were lost, for about the fourth time since its release. I could have reinstalled, but Sims 4 was less than a year old at the time so I tried that I instead.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Other
    I was completely out of the loop. But then I found out that it had been released, and that it was available on Mac. I couldn’t buy it fast enough, even though I balked at the high price.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Other
    An online acquaintance posted about a big winter sale on Origin for the base game, it looked like it would be fun and more user friendly to play than TS3 so I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm really glad I did.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited October 2020
    Was too expensive, so I got TS3 instead (which seriously, is the better game--cheaper too). Eventually, in early 2019, there was a big Origin sale, and I got it for like $5 or so. Got fed up with it, put it aside until that summer; and that's when I got into the mods of the game. And, from then on out, I did begin to like the game. The first EP I got was Get to Work not long after. And, as the deep discounts occasionally pop up, I have now gotten all EPs but the one that is TBD, all GPs except Star Wars (doesn't fit my playstyle) and all but 4 or so SPs.

I had found TS2 at a small, local grocery store that had a corner where used items were often sold. I had found it around the same time I got TS4, but balked at what I thought was a $15 price. About Feb. this year, it was still there. Looked closer, and it was just a $5 price tag, so I immediately bought it. In terms of attention to detail and Sim behavior, it is the best. My only real problem is the look of the Sims, but the game is so good, I easily look past that.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Heard about the game and wanted to try it
    Dan and Phil's YouTube videos on The Sims 4 inspired me.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited October 2020
    Other
    Got it as soon as it got released on consoles.
    I play on console only and have played all previous sims console games, I was very exited to hear that this one was actually like the PC version, so for consoles it is def the best Sims game imho.
    Good thing about consoles getting it way later, alot of stuff was already added, so I was able to play with vampires fro day one :)
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I started playing Sims 4 because of ---- pack
    Technically, I did play it upon release... but it was extremely boring and severely lacking in the beginning. I would easily get very bored and couldn't even last long.

Ironically, I started playing again once 'Get Together' was released... and the reason I say it's ironic is because I heavily criticized that pack when it was first announced because of that very cringe worthy EA press conference (I think we all know the one). However, once I started to see more of the pack (like gameplay videos), I became interested. In the end, it actually turned out to be my favorite expansion pack until 'Seasons'... and is still my second favorite to this day! But yeah, 'Get Together' was basically what made me actually like The Sims 4.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Other
    Been doing this for 20 years and even with it's issue I won't stop playing. I have cut back the amount of gameplay time do to the disrespect of the Sim family and other issues but I'm still at it.
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    i started playing when the game 1st came out. but it was hard to stay interested in it for long because of no toddlers. so id get bored pretty quick. get a new pack. play for weeks at a time, get bored. it was a pattern. i played the sims 2 and 3 side by side with 4 for awhile. but when toddlers came out i got super into the sims 4. and then vampires came out too and i got really into it. but i did play it before then but toddlers made a huge difference.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited October 2020
    Other
    I got it on sale. Thought I had a month to live since I was about to go under the knife for gallbladder removal surgery and doctor warned me I might not wake up. So I figured why not join forums and get the game even if I were not able to play it long. I figure if I have a month to get toddlers for other Simmers even if I were not able to see them, it would be worth it. I am just thankful to be around still and with how fragile life is with the pandemic still get worried some days if Sims 4 will be my last Sims game or not. I have been playing since the Sims 1 and SimCity 2000, so honestly just trying to do the best with the time to help others out with working a state job, playtesting, and providing feedback to the Gurus more directly now. It is helped me be more bold in my life talking with others with playing the Sims 4 and the experience with the community. I have learned a lot about people and their fears, likes, dislikes, and how to get to the root of concerns through the vocal noise. It is like trying to find a needle in a haystack trying to interpret customer feedback and has helped me with conveying messages to others in different mediums like letter writing. Sims 2 is still my favorite but I am enjoying building with debug and the Sims 4 a lot. I played the CAS demo in the beginning then got the game late November 2014 for the first 50% off sale on the base game.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I played sims 1, then had to play 2, 3 came along so I played that one, then Medieval and sim city and wolla number 4 made its appearance so I had to play that one too LOL :D Happy simming everyone <3
  • foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 231 Member
    Heard about the game and wanted to try it
    I loved sims 3 but it got very glitchy, and lagging. I saw some youtube videos of sims 4 but there were no toddlers so I wasn't interested. Once toddlers were in the game I then bought it.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I’ve been playing since TS2, but I’d had a bit of a break from the franchise since the end of TS3. I was persuaded to try TS4 when City Living came out and waited til they had a bundle deal on so I could get a few packs with the base game.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited October 2020
    I made the mistake of going into Sims 4 after Sim 3 even after the expulsion of features that was prominent in Sims 3 figuring they would slowly add some of them back and was I wrong. EA/Maxis made an lazy attempt by adding gimped features. I won't make that same mistake with Sims 5 if it comes to life.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I had played the first sims game and Sims 2 as they released. Since I had skipped Sims 3 .. only playing that game long enough to realize I didn't like it... I was very excited when they started releasing videos of how you could push and pull in CAS and other things for Sims 4. The sims themselves excited me again. I wasn't around on the forums but I knew when 4 came out, snapped it up and have been playing it since then.
    egTcBMc.png
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    Other
    Decided to try the CAS demo in 2017. I liked what I saw and got the basegame shortly after. Didn't take many months until I had all packs released, thanks to sales that summer. I still have that first demo sim too.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Other
    I played Sims 2 for a very long time, loaded with CC. When Sims 3 came out, I got the base game but couldn't stand it, tried it a few times during the first two years or so to see if it improved but always went back to 2. I eventually decided that 3 was just never going to appeal to me but it was okay because I was still excited to play 2. So I just lost track of time and did that.

One day I got wind that Sims 4 was due to come out. I had no idea it was even in production so I was curious, yet cautious, since I'd been so disappointed in Sims 3. I got hold of the CAS demo and immediately loved it. The art style, the creation improvements, the greater variety of hair styles, the body variations... I was actually able to make a semblance of my simself for the first time without CC and it made me smile. I decided I would try out the new game, but I wouldn't get it on release because my work schedule was too crazy and I wanted to give the CC makers a head start, lol. So I got it some time in November 2014 and immediately liked it better than 3. I thought the worlds were just beautiful and the Sims were very expressive.

I did eventually find things felt missing in the Sim personalities so I officially joined the forums about two months later to share discussions. That's when I found out that toddlers weren't in the game either. I hadn't noticed. 😂

In the end I stuck with the game, of course. I think it still needs some important updates (Fear emotion and personalities!) but it improved a lot once Vampires came out, and that pack still remains my favorite. I like that the game is veering more towards life adventures and oddities and experimentation. I think those things, like Occults, work the best for Sims 4.
    #Team Occult
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,102 Member
    Other
    I got it a couple months after release. I was having a bad day, and although I hadn't been interested in moving on to sims 4 at the time as I was happily playing sims 3, I was bored. I didn't have the money to buy it though and that bummed me out. My son called and I told him I was having a bad day, and I wanted to buy sims 4, but was going to get it on pay day. He generously offered to loan me the money to buy it that day. So that is how I got started on sims 4. It is a like hate relationship for sure. I don't love sims 4, but sims 2 I really have fun with, but there are things that annoy me that are hard to deal with game play wise, and sims 3 is the one I love, but it takes so long to load and CAS with all my cc slows it down agonizingly slow, so that is why I stick with 4.
  • OliwkaWidmoOliwkaWidmo Posts: 45 Member
    The pandemic and the free version on Origin Access.