Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 complete collection is currently $750, is it worth the price?

1235...Next

Comments

• So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited October 2020
    No
    I’m not going to let them off the hook just because the $750 is spread across 6 years worth of gaming. The expense isn’t justified by the longevity of the game.

I’ve been playing Minecraft for 10 years and it only cost me $30. I paid $80 for GTAV and I still play that after 7 years. New Vegas, 10 years. Skyrim, 9 years. Both $80 total and still providing plenty of enjoyment - and frankly that’s more than I can say for TS4 at the moment.

If you want to justify the cost for personal reasons, that’s fine. But IMO you can’t excuse it on the basis of dollars spent per-year of play. Not when you eliminate personal variables and look at it objectively.
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Yes
    I didn't pay full price for everything I own, but honestly if I did the math it's fine. Value is very subjective, we all don't have the same resources. I have an entertainment budget and this game is pretty cheap cost/hour. That said I like the game so if you are part of the "fanbase" who dislikes this iteration, of course you may regret your purchases(so stop).
  • KorglyKorgly Posts: 187 Member
    edited October 2020
    No
    atleast they have sales but, I already purchased most of the packs and I thought the sims 4 was basicly a fix to how broken and unplayable sims 3 was and in a way I thought it should have been free as a refund. the gameplay is entertaining but, can be almost overwhelmingly frustratingly damaging when the glitches wind up making the game unplayable again. like right now my sims is stuck at work and I'm hoping for it to glitch out eventually rather then starting over a job for the 50th time because I can't use cheats.
    I actually felt like sims 3 was worth the monet at a point and time because they kept adding store content which made me think eh it may be worth hundreds I spent but, sims 4 doesn't even have a store.. it feels like someone is partying with you providing the money but, you are not invited to the party instead you are stuck with a broken dollhouse.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited October 2020
    No
    happyopi wrote: »
    I can't believe people actually vote yes. They should play Star Citizen.

What’s that got to do with anything? 😂

Well Star Citizen is another game that's failed to live up to its promise and can be staggeringly expensive. You can buy virtual spaceshipss that don't work properly and may never work properly for thousands of dollars.

Sure. In other words:

!!BEEP!! “I can’t believe you all voted WRONG! Yes, you, you and you! You must be out of your mind! Don’t pay that for what you enjoy. Pay way more for a 10 year old, unfinished crowd funder of a completely different genre that you most likely won’t enjoy. Because let’s be honest, you’re that stupid.”

Conclusion~

Yes Voters who truly enjoy playing the Sims 4 must come to realize that they’ve been playing the wrong game all along. Why? Because it makes sense.

i'm not one to talk about rudeness but jeez dude that was very out of place. ever heard of a personal opinion? you ain't got no business mocking her and dramatizing her comment, she was just comparing the worth in both games. there's a lot more people that thinks 750$ is too much for ts4, so what? can't believe people gave you an awesome for what you wrote.
  • mordarlarmordarlar Posts: 38 Member
    Yes
    If you factor in the number of hours my family has spent playing this game and the number of years that cost is spread out over, i would say it is certainly a fair price for the product. The sims is polished and vast and i have no issue paying fair price for good work. I'm older though and have some money to put toward entertainments like this. I do appreciate that the franchise offers a lot of options, like the bundling and sales. I bought my first The Sims game within a few weeks of its release. Over the years, raising 6 kids, i have been very impressed with the overall direction of the franchise.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    happyopi wrote: »
    I can't believe people actually vote yes. They should play Star Citizen.

What’s that got to do with anything? 😂

Well Star Citizen is another game that's failed to live up to its promise and can be staggeringly expensive. You can buy virtual spaceshipss that don't work properly and may never work properly for thousands of dollars.

Sure. In other words:

!!BEEP!! “I can’t believe you all voted WRONG! Yes, you, you and you! You must be out of your mind! Don’t pay that for what you enjoy. Pay way more for a 10 year old, unfinished crowd funder of a completely different genre that you most likely won’t enjoy. Because let’s be honest, you’re that stupid.”

Conclusion~

Yes Voters who truly enjoy playing the Sims 4 must come to realize that they’ve been playing the wrong game all along. Why? Because it makes sense.

i'm not one to talk about rudeness but jeez dude that was very out of place. ever heard of a personal opinion? you ain't got no business mocking her and dramatizing her comment, she was just comparing the worth in both games. there's a lot more people that thinks 750$ is too much for ts4, so what? can't believe people gave you an awesome for what you wrote.

I do agree that mocking other people's personal opinions is an inconsiderate thing to do.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I'd say it is.

If you average it all out, with the six years of development, the costs at full price are around this in US dollars:

$125/year or
    $10.50/month or
    $2.60/week or
    $ 0.37/day

Now, if you get some packs on sale or wait for bundles or don't own all of the packs, it's going to be less than that. If you're new to the game, it seems like a lot, but again, you can bundle or catch a sale so it's unlikely that you'll pay anywhere near that much.

For me personally, I don't regret my Sims purchases. If I want it and have the money, I buy it. Gaming is something I do to relax and escape real life, and even with all of the frustrations of Sims 4 gameplay, I still get a lot of use out of it. Sometimes I go on a CAS binge and spend hours creating a household, which is something I truly enjoy in itself. Simming is a hobby and a luxury that, in the end, is quite affordable compared to some of the other stuff I used to spend my money on weekly, like night clubs and expensive drinks, eating out with friends, or stuff for my sewing room. Plus, the game is always there and available for my entertainment, it's not conditional, going to cancel on me, or get me into trouble. :p
    #Team Occult
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    edited October 2020
    No
    No, not really.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    No
    I have no idea what I have paid in total, I have everything up to and including Eco Lifestyle. I paid full price for some packs and sale prices on others. I do not play Sims 4 consistently. I bought the base game played for 30 mins and went back to Sims 3, where I was happily playing until the City Living was released, a sale around that time I picked up everything missing at that point.

Have done that repeatedly since, take 3 to 6 month break and try again. While I am happy to buy the extras for my game to make it better and more fulfilling for me. I believe Eco Living may be last purchase as the game for me is not fulfilling.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Yes
    So that's maybe £580 in the UK.

I have all packs but didn't pay full price for many of them, so I'm sure I haven't spent that much. But even if I had, it would be worth it.

It cost me probably twice that much for my kayaking gear and I've had an awful lot more hours of sims than I have of kayaking!
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Yes
    i would say yes for the moment but the price will get lower
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    No
    Wow... To think that I've spent this amount of money just to keep going back to Sims 2 and 3.
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    No
    I can't fathom why anyone would think The Sims 4 is worth more than maybe $300 at most for all Expansion, Game and Stuff Packs.

Even $300 sounds outrageous for the content we currently have.
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    No
    No, there isn’t enough gameplay! I have been a advocate for this game. But now No!
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    No
    I can't fathom why anyone would think The Sims 4 is worth more than maybe $300 at most for all Expansion, Game and Stuff Packs.

Even $300 sounds outrageous for the content we currently have.

I agree with this!