Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Simfest is invisible in Mick's Karaoke lot

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
11.jpg
Is that happening only in my game? I've tried everything but no luck. There's nothing on the stage. Also the building is disappeared on map view. I know how to fix this but after fixing, it shows ok for a short while and disappears again.

Also have another question. Isn't it possible that my active singer takes part in the simfest?

Comments

• CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited October 2020
    ebF1aJN.gif

Yes singer acrobat or magician you control can take part in a simfest show up early when it is time you click on the proprietor and tell them you want to join.You can win trophies :o and a +25 moodlet that lasts 8 hours.

The trophies

xHUd6Lo.jpg

I have won a bunch of acrobat simfests and singer but don't think I ever won magician cause I am too scared to do the dangerous tricks.Acrobat is my favorite as far as putting on a show

Tip for you.

Key to winning simfests is Natural Born Performer trait,gives you big advantage you attract more audience and fail less

Lifetime rewards

Engaging

That was deliberate

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    edited October 2020
    Myy advice @jeansoo After the day is over and that venue closes and all sims have left the lot go in Edit Town mode bulldoze the lot then put down a fresh one from your community lot library it is in there.You don't have to worry the only job there is a assigned proprietor and the library lot is ready to go you are all set.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    No performers or the invisible ones...at the simfest means no one in town, as in the townies, has the magician, acrobat, or singer career. I use Nraas MC to assign careers to townies. Since I don't play vanilla I don't recall how to assign careers without it. :blush: They still sometimes glitch and don't have a sim on stage. I haven't done those careers for a long time. Hmmm.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited October 2020
    ebF1aJN.gif

Yes singer acrobat or magician you control can take part in a simfest show up early when it is time you click on the proprietor and tell them you want to join.You can win trophies :o and a +25 moodlet that lasts 8 hours.

The trophies

xHUd6Lo.jpg

I have won a bunch of acrobat simfests and singer but don't think I ever won magician cause I am too scared to do the dangerous tricks.Acrobat is my favorite as far as putting on a show

Tip for you.

Key to winning simfests is Natural Born Performer trait,gives you big advantage you attract more audience and fail less

Lifetime rewards

Engaging

That was deliberate

Thanks a lot. Should I join just before simfest begins? Because I arrived there in the middle of the simfest, No ask to join the simfest interaction on the proprietor.
    edited October 2020
    Myy advice @jeansoo After the day is over and that venue closes and all sims have left the lot go in Edit Town mode bulldoze the lot then put down a fresh one from your community lot library it is in there.You don't have to worry the only job there is a assigned proprietor and the library lot is ready to go you are all set.

Yes I've done that once in the Edit town mode but it goes disappear again. And the weird point is that, how can I explain this..? In usual days without simfest, there are always have the glittering star shaped stage deco, but it's gone in the middle of the simfest... And sims are dancing looking at the stage as if NPC sims are performing on the stage. As you can see from the screenshot, wall on the stage is completely empty. All the deco has gone.

bekkasan wrote: »
    No performers or the invisible ones...at the simfest means no one in town, as in the townies, has the magician, acrobat, or singer career. I use Nraas MC to assign careers to townies. Since I don't play vanilla I don't recall how to assign careers without it. :blush: They still sometimes glitch and don't have a sim on stage. I haven't done those careers for a long time. Hmmm.

Well...if there was no performers, then sims wouldn't be pay attention to the stage, would they? But they do as if NPC sim is performing on the stage and the basic stage deco has gone or it's also invisible????
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member

Actually, what it means is that the game has assigned those careers to role sims who can't come because they are too busy tending registers, mixing drinks at bars, etc. I use NRaas Story Progressions caste options to prevent that. I made a caste for role sims and chose false to "Allow Choose Career" and disable all the ST careers for good measure.
    edited October 2020
    IreneSwift wrote: »

Actually, what it means is that the game has assigned those careers to role sims who can't come because they are too busy tending registers, mixing drinks at bars, etc. I use NRaas Story Progressions caste options to prevent that. I made a caste for role sims and chose false to "Allow Choose Career" and disable all the ST careers for good measure.

Is there any other way to disable that? The Story progression is not my taste. I think you are right. I've been playing in Monte Vista. There was no LN bars or dance clubs, so I placed only 2 and they are wearing performing suits at bars.

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    If you use MC to assign the career they won't have other careers affecting their ability to go to the simfests and perform. Mine have never been switched out. You can avoid SP that way. I have SP as well and never thought about putting them in a caste.
    If you use MC to assign the career they won't have other careers affecting their ability to go to the simfests and perform. Mine have never been switched out. You can avoid SP that way. I have SP as well and never thought about putting them in a caste.

Sorry but where can I find that menu on MC? I don't know how to do that.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited October 2020
    I've also seen homeless Showtime performers get bugged career outfits and turn invisible. While you can usually see the props/effects they use maybe they're hidden by the stage? If you have MasterController you can change outfits for any sim on a lot by clicking on the lot's walls -> NRaas -> MasterController -> Sim -> Basic -> Outfit. They might have a good career outfit to choose or you can just force everyday wear if you gotta.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    @Jeansoo Something fun for you to watch :p My lil acrobat music video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_xGjG_DBd4

DfydFiZ.gif
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    I'm having the same problem too. I'll try what is suggested here. :smile:
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    It happened to me once so I went into map view to look at tags to see if I could work out what was happening. I saw there was indeed an acrobat so I used MC on his tag to change his outfit and discovered an elder acrobat. He must have aged up at some point and got his outfit wasn't assigned correctly.
    @InfraGreen,@Mikezumi
    Thanks so much. I'm going back to the patch, 1.67 today. And if I get the same sign again, then I will try your tip. thanks a lot.

@CravenLestat wow!! Your video is awesome! Can I show your video to my fellow simmers on my blog? They will be impressed too.
    @rubyskywalker Yes I'm going to try as well. Hope you resolve this issue :)
    @jeansoo Of course

DfydFiZ.gif
    edited October 2020
    @CravenLestat thanks! :D By the way, should I ask to join the simfest before it starts? Cuz I cannot see the ask to join menu on proprietor in the middle of simfest on.
    @jeansoo Each type of ST venue requires a certain minimum career level for a sim to perform there. If you don't get the option to ask to join the simfest, it may be because your sim isn't at a high enough level in their career.

I didn't see that anyone answered your question about assigning ST careers. You can either click on a sim to assign their career, or click on city hall and choose from there. If you click on the sim, choose NRaas > Master Controller > Intermediate > Career > Choose Job. After you assign the career, you can go through the same steps to assign a career level, only choose "Level" instead of "Choose Job." If you use City Hall, choose NRaas > Master Controller > Sim > Intermediate > Career > Choose Job, then you get a panel allowing you to choose a sim, or multiple sims.

When I populate the worlds I make, if they have ST venues, I always place some of the residents in ST careers, however, while that does guarantee there will be performers at every simfest, including some at high levels in the career, and some at lower levels, it doesn't prevent the game from also assigning those careers to homeless sims, including the role sims who will not show up. What annoys me more though, is when the game has assigned homeless sims to ST careers, always at level 1, and they show up and take up the whole the simfest, so that the residents I made specifically for that purpose don't get a chance to perform.
    edited October 2020
    @IreneSwift wow!! Thank you. Yes he was only leve 3 in singer career. Now he is level 6 but still got rejected to get a gig! LOL Ahh yes Is there a way to see which sim has show time job career in town on MC mod? I have Register, MC, Overwatch, DebugEnanbler..
    @IreneSwift
    It's really weird. I still cannot get join the simfest at the performance park. My singer is level 6 now but still can't get the menu.

6.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

Have no idea what's wrong. And no one is on the stage like exactly same as the karaoke simfest. I will try your tip for fixing this. thanks. ;)

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    I had a magician join the sim fest recently. I generally don't bother with it. I know I had a problem and then decided to click on the stage and he was able to join the sim fest that way.
    Karritz wrote: »
    I had a magician join the sim fest recently. I generally don't bother with it. I know I had a problem and then decided to click on the stage and he was able to join the sim fest that way.
    Ahh I haven't tried that. Thank you! :D

edited October 2020
    @jeansoo To find out which residents or homeless sims have ST careers, click on City Hall, then NRaas > Master Controller > Sim >Status > Career. When the panel comes up to select which sim you want, click on Career, then select the ST careers. All the sims who have ST careers will then show up in another panel. Select All, then you will get the status for each one, showing which ST career they have, and what level they are at. I could be wrong, but it seems to me that when the game assigns ST careers, it starts them all at level 1.

I really don't know what is wrong that you can't get those options. I hope that @Karrit's suggestion works for you. Has your sim made friends with the proprietor? It shouldn't really make any difference, but my sim usually chats them up a little before asking for an audition, but not for a simfest, because the proprietor won't chat during simfest.
    edited October 2020
    @IreneSwift Thank you. I tried all tips I've got here, their all career outfits were set correctly, their career levels were various. Some of them are at level 5, 7 and a couple of them are level1. They didn't have any multiple outfits either. I took out all mods and tried to join the stage. Eventually, I got 'make a request' menu on stage but it was inactive. So I think it could be...from the mod, show stage tuning mod. I have only this one related with show time pack. Anyway, I took out all mods and the invisible show was still going on. All the sims are quite enjoying the simfest and the stage was completely vacant except for the piled snow in the performance park. I've been playing in Monte Vista but I'm considering to move to other world. I wouldn't like Starlight Shore because I'm going to have my sim quit singer career in the new town. Maybe I'm thinking of moving to Isla Paradiso for my family.

https://youtu.be/66guDwdKAV0
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    @jeansoo To find out which residents or homeless sims have ST careers, click on City Hall, then NRaas > Master Controller > Sim >Status > Career. When the panel comes up to select which sim you want, click on Career, then select the ST careers. All the sims who have ST careers will then show up in another panel. Select All, then you will get the status for each one, showing which ST career they have, and what level they are at. I could be wrong, but it seems to me that when the game assigns ST careers, it starts them all at level 1.

I really don't know what is wrong that you can't get those options. I hope that @Karrit's suggestion works for you. Has your sim made friends with the proprietor? It shouldn't really make any difference, but my sim usually chats them up a little before asking for an audition, but not for a simfest, because the proprietor won't chat during simfest.

I would try talking to the proprietor first, too. Sometimes your sims has to be "known" before they can get gigs or auditions. I had a level 10 singer change towns, and nobody in the new town would give her any auditions until she "made a name for herself" among the residents, first. After making a few friends in the new town, then she was fine and starting getting gigs.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures