Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to Remove Whims Completed Sound <- Is there a mod?

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know of a MOD that removes the sound the game makes when a "whim" is completed?

Comments

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Not 100% sure but it could be in the settings. I don't remember whims making any sound.
  • StuStuieStuStuie Posts: 455 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    Not 100% sure but it could be in the settings. I don't remember whims making any sound.

I could disable it in sound settings but then it takes away sounds that I want to keep :(
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Okay sorry I couldn't help then. I must have turned it off when I got the game, so don't remember exactly what the setting does :)
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Not 100% related but if there's a mod to turn down the intro music of the game aswell please lmk. I always get deafened by that music as I get in game :s
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I listen to podcasts while playing most of the time. I am curious, why do you want to add a mod to your game to do this? it would be yet another mod to keep up with all the updating etc.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
    I listen to podcasts while playing most of the time. I am curious, why do you want to add a mod to your game to do this? it would be yet another mod to keep up with all the updating etc.

I record sims for YouTube and often I feel the sound effect takes away from the mood or story I am trying to create. Especially because I add music overlay and then this is a conflicting tune...
    Onverser wrote: »
    Not 100% related but if there's a mod to turn down the intro music of the game aswell please lmk. I always get deafened by that music as I get in game :s

You wouldn’t need a mod for this, you could simply turn down the volume on only the music which is what I do under settings.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    StuStuie wrote: »

I record sims for YouTube and often I feel the sound effect takes away from the mood or story I am trying to create. Especially because I add music overlay and then this is a conflicting tune...

I see. That makes perfect sense.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D