Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Job posting - EA is hiring players in the community to create future Spark'd challenges

Comments

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Great way to generate interest where there was none.
    This and the wedding challenge work really well in trying to get people interested in this new concept. But yeah this competition/reward system isn't doing it for me.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Great way to generate interest where there was none.
    This and the wedding challenge work really well in trying to get people interested in this new concept. But yeah this competition/reward system isn't doing it for me.

Not for me too. I find the whole idea hideous at least. Anyway, people that like to create challenges may be interested in this 'job position'. Maybe this is the only ppositive for players, even if it's so specific.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I'm curious how much their paying them. Probably barely anything since EA loves free volunteers. Just look at how much work the Gamechangers do for advertising the game, and all they get are packs for the game.
    And I can't even think of interesting challenges for the Sims 4. Not enough gameplay.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Interesting. Good opportunity for someone trying to get a foot in the door.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    That's wonderful it really is. I hope some creative, talented, energetic, and positive member of the simming community can get this job. I know a lot are going to talk bad about it but I'm really proud of what's going on as a simmer in general.. and so pleased that people that actually play the game can have a chance at what sounds like a great life experience and career opportunity.
    egTcBMc.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Why does EA need to hire anyone to come up with challenges? Don't they already have a sea of regular players who could summit ideas that might appeal to the general public of players? Or is it because EA/Maxis wants to control what type of challenges and or ideas they come up with rather than votes from acutal players who would decide which challenges they would like to see? I think I know the answer to that question.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    Surprised they would bother paying to hire someone.... they normally just steal ideas of their playerbase
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited July 2020
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Why does EA need to hire anyone to come up with challenges? Don't they already have a sea of regular players who could summit ideas that might appeal to the general public of players? Or is it because EA/Maxis wants to control what type of challenges and or ideas they come up with rather than votes from acutal players who would decide which challenges they would like to see? I think I know the answer to that question.

It's the same reason why they started the Game Changers program. They said it is supposed to be a project to help EA interact with the community more and choose people to provide feedback and "change" the game, fast forward to now and Game Changers have become walking living and most importantly free advertisments.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited July 2020
    How about a challenge where I count the number of bugs I can catch in a 1 hour gaming session? Not much of a challenge though :D:D

sorry I couldn't resist
    Post edited by bixters on
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Wow, this is interesting. I actually have employment but it's very interesting. Maybe there are ways to get involved even part-time.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • DarkBrewDarkBrew Posts: 2 New Member
    Honestly, I’d love to even be considered for a position. But I’m not sure what would count as 5 years of experience or the equivalent of working in online community, marketing, and such. I’ve had to use social media for work for well over 5 years for sure, promoting small business I volunteered or worked at, but I don’t know if any of that really counts. I work remotely and on site as a supervisor for the telecommunications company I’ve been working for for almost 2 years now, and our work community is essentially all online. I’d love the experience and am more than capable of learning and adapting to the position, but would I be wasting my time by applying?
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    How about a challenge where I count the number of bugs I can catch in a 1 hour gaming session? Not much of a challenge though :D:D

sorry I couldn't resist

Awesome idea. Do this and put on youtube, let's see how many upvotes/downvotes that gets compared to JTB trailer.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    They need more people to work on this? Really?

Work on moderating your gallery instead.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    adduapina wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »

sorry I couldn't resist

Awesome idea. Do this and put on youtube, let's see how many upvotes/downvotes that gets compared to JTB trailer.

It won't be of any use if you have any mods or cc at all to the rest of us who play a vanilla game.