Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think the new EP will be?

Comments

• KorglyKorgly Posts: 187 Member
    Other (Please Specify)
    I'm hoping from other poles I've it's a Happy Haunts pack or a Time Travel one seeing as if they add something like Into the future just has others said it would indicate it may be the last ep for sims 4 so they can move on with 5
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    Other (Please Specify)
    I imagine it will be around Halloween or something to do with the future, like sims3.
  • CopperBoltCopperBolt Posts: 132 Member
    Romance
    Happy Haunts is definitely more of a September release thing. Maybe next year :(
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Romance
    From the sparse hints I think it will be romance themed to some extent. Personally would love a romance game pack because they tend to really drill down on gameplay in those- like imagine if they did turn ons and off like power ups or something and it affected compatibility between sims or something. But I don't think it's a route they will take.

I think the expansion will be along the lined of what one of the threads speculated, with romance and wedding destination as an aspect of something bigger (let's hope they don't stretch themselves too thin).

I really hope we find out soon, I've been lurking on the forums way too much!
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    Other (Please Specify)
    I think that whatever it is, we're getting a Chef career in it. When Dine Out came out, the main complaint from players was that they couldn't play as the Chef. I've noticed lately that requests made years ago are still coming to fruition way later. So I think we're getting that.

As for the pack theme itself, at first I thought it might be a destination wedding pack in a snowy region. But I'm starting to think maybe the snowy region is next year. So it could be a romance pack. Or, it might be a pack that includes even more careers, like a Get To Work part 2.

I want it to be a romance pack of some sort, though.
    #Team Occult
  • rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    Romance
    I've not been keeping up with this game in a bit, but after seeing other's speculations I'm thinking it may be a bit of a Romance / cooking hybrid expansion pack.
    Perhaps we could get a world inspired by the "city of love" aka Paris? Either a vacation destination or not.

The EP's theme would be more on love, but also have cooking elements in it? Like the cooking shows etc.

Another pack that's on my mind is a reality tv or showtime pack.
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited October 2020
    Romance
    I'm also starting to think it's Romance-themed or 'passion' themed with romance, weddings and cooking/hobbies.
  • Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    Other (Please Specify)
    My hopes are for a supernatural themed pack. I wouldn't mind a travel pack but I wouldn't bet on it. If I look at ts3 expansions, they've already been represented by some theme or another. (Albeit very lightly touched on in some, if not all, cases) World adventures/jungle adventure. Ambitions/get to work. Generations/parenthood. Late night/get together-vampires-get famous-city living. Island paradise/island living. Seasons, university and pets, same. The only unrepresented themes from ts3 is supernatural, showtime and into the future. I know they said they're doing previously unexplored themes. That leaves Strangerville, realm of magic, Eco Living, journey to Batuu. Which was different. ROM because it's a far different theme from supernatural in terms of core gameplay and theme. So I have no theories for the next pack. Getting my hopes up would just leave me bitter in the end so I'll wait and see and decide then whether it's worth getting or not.
  • Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    Other (Please Specify)
    At this point in time, I don't really care. They aren't listening so I no longer speculate.
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,934 Member
    Romance
    would live for past themes or winter vacations with hotels and whatever too

but i feel like its really about time we had romance pack, couple dancing and cuddling and stuff to do as couple and some wedding gear

my sims need some love :(
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Other (Please Specify)
    Freetime, one with Supernatural creature , or new pets additions or something never explored by ea before.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    Reality TV
    I really want more romance and a winter holiday world.
    But seeing all the food tweets I’m thinking Masterchef :(
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Other (Please Specify)
    More than likely, something I don't want.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Other (Please Specify)
    Really don’t know anymore and after this year i don’t really care after eco lifestyle and Star Wars. Surely the theme can’t get worse than Star Wars? 😢
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Other (Please Specify)
    I'm not really sure what it would be. Winter Wonderland seems to be the rumor with the most evidence behind it but then I remember that our other two vacation packs were game packs, not expansions. But who knows, maybe it will be a vacation pack with more? I also think there's a good chance it could be a romance themed pack. I'm really hoping it isn't a reality TV pack. That seems more niche, like better suited for a game pack. If it is the next EP, I won't be buying it.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I'm not really sure what it would be. Winter Wonderland seems to be the rumor with the most evidence behind it but then I remember that our other two vacation packs were game packs, not expansions. But who knows, maybe it will be a vacation pack with more? I also think there's a good chance it could be a romance themed pack. I'm really hoping it isn't a reality TV pack. That seems more niche, like better suited for a game pack. If it is the next EP, I won't be buying it.

I agree that a Winter Vacation isn't enough for an EP. I'd think more along the lines of Sulani, which included many aspects of a beach vacation but more depth and a liveable world. I'm not all that keen on vacation-only worlds, but it would be nice to allow worlds to be both - vacation and residential. (Maybe in a patch before the EP drops?)

What might fill out a winter theme? Hotels, maybe (not something I want, but I know it's a big favourite, and they'll want to sell this thing for the holiday season). They'd have to distinguish it from Outdoor Retreat, which is lovely in winter, so it would make sense to do more of a luxury-themed winter world. Skiing, sledding and ice sculpture would fit nicely. I think a search and rescue active career would be fun to play, and I'm not a fan of active careers.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    edited October 2020
    Other (Please Specify)
    As much as I’m hoping for a romance pack, I’m just going to assume that we’re getting The Sims 4: Get Out The Barbecue Sauce. Yep, an entire EP based on one specific condiment. That way, I can’t be disappointed. (Except maybe if it’s reality TV. And if the pre-release patch doesn’t fix the aliens, because nothing else can stop me from bringing it up.)
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
    Other (Please Specify)
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    As much as I’m hoping for a romance pack, I’m just going to assume that we’re getting The Sims 4: Get Out The Barbecue Sauce. Yep, an entire EP based on one specific condiment. That way, I can’t be disappointed. (Except maybe if it’s reality TV. And if the pre-release patch doesn’t fix the aliens, because nothing else can stop me from bringing it up.)

Am I missing something? what's wrong with the aliens? I seen another post about broken aliens but, they work fine in my game as far as I know.
    Other (Please Specify)
    Korgly wrote: »

Am I missing something? what's wrong with the aliens? I seen another post about broken aliens but, they work fine in my game as far as I know.

When they age up, their faces reset to one of the default alien templates. I didn’t see it at first either, but now it happens every time. It sometimes affects half-aliens too.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    Reality TV
    I think it’s going to be reality tv but. I’d also love romance and winter vacation!
    Other (Please Specify)
    Korgly wrote: »

When they age up, their faces reset to one of the default alien templates. I didn’t see it at first either, but now it happens every time. It sometimes affects half-aliens too.

Thank You, for your reply. I'd like to start an Alien family but, I think I'll wait now seeing as generations taking on the family appearance is a big deal to me..
    Other (Please Specify)
    @Korgly There is a workaround if you have MCCC, but I don’t know if I should post it here because I’m kind of going off-topic.

Anyway, hotels would be pretty cool as long as we can build them wherever we want, as opposed to only being able to edit the premade ones *coughAPARTMENTScough*.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
    Other (Please Specify)
    @Korgly There is a workaround if you have MCCC, but I don’t know if I should post it here because I’m kind of going off-topic.

Anyway, hotels would be pretty cool as long as we can build them wherever we want, as opposed to only being able to edit the premade ones *coughAPARTMENTScough*.

I play on console and going for the 26 gen achievment(no cheats) so no but, there is the play with genetics option but, I guess that would kill all the toddler and child traits.

yes! for apartments as I just built one that doesn't function well with roommates and locked doors
  • Paulmarch76Paulmarch76 Posts: 56 Member
    Other (Please Specify)
    Hoping for a Into The Future type pack like in Sims 3. If not that then a supernatural pack with Werewolves & body hair.
    Grease is the word!
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Romance
    I've seen the Guru's showing off their cooking skills on Twitter, I'm still clueless as to whether it's a hint.

I'm really hoping for a romance themed pack. I'd love to have bachelor parties, improved dates and weddings, honeymoons, and of course, more "spicy" romance interactions. :wink:

No idea what to expect really, I'm kind of hoping a retailer will accidentally leak the pack lol.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.