Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you do with Townies?

Comments

• Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited October 2020
    Kill them
    It's a toss up between kill or ignore. It depends on how much they bother me. :D Edit: Oh I missed the other option. I use mods to reduce them.
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Give them makeovers
    I usually go on a makeover spree and change their hair, makeup and clothing. Generally, I leave everything else alone but I might tweak facial features here and there from time to time to bring in extra diversity. <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    shokoroseshokorose Posts: 66 Member
    I don’t do much with townies. Mostly I ignore them. Occasionally I marry them to one of my sims. If they really annoy me or look or act really obnoxious I delete them. Oh and if they win the lottery I kidnap them and move them into one of my households. Lol.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Delete them
    I delete them. I've tried making them over but the game keeps making more.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I have mods that take care of them
    I have MCCC Dresser to make sure they are clothed appropriately, but I also will go in and give them makeovers if they spend a lot of time with my sims or are service NPCs which I see a lot.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Other
    Most of them I delete but let a few of the more interesting ones hang around as background filler.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Other
    Really depends on the townie. When I say townie now it’s the ones that come with new packs with my main save. If I don’t like them I delete them. The most recent I’ve really incorporated into my game is Cameron fletcher from the uni pack. I will admit when eco lifestyle came out I cheated knox’s family so he’s a child and mums are adults as it fits my game more. All the other eco lifestyle families I actually kept as I liked them just not yet found a proper place for them in my game. The other main families I’ve made use of it’s the goths and I killed off the landgraabs in revenge for one of my main sims (I’ve mentioned this before many times so won’t go over it again)
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Other
    Depends on what I feel like doing at the time. I usually ignore them. If Im feeling like a vengeful god Ill basically do a purge. If a townie doesnt look like a pile of garbage for once and needs only a slight makeover, I might see about integrating them into my households. If I have an idea for a story but dont want to create a new sim for it, I might pick out a townie and make them over before playing them.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Ignore them
    Usually depends on what I am doing with that game, but I usually make my own house and Sims and I'm so busy with what I have planned for them that I don't mess with townies. My play style has changed since Sims4. In Sims3, there were certain Sims I always befriended and my sim would usually search for the one, but in Sims4, almost never. Not sure why.
  • Options
    notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    Other
    I put other because it depends.

Some of the automatically generated townies are deleted, some madeover. All depends on how they look/dress, or if they do anything to irritate me.
    Eyeball ring=automatically deleted, no matter what they look like.
  • Options
    chidoriaidachidoriaida Posts: 282 Member
    Other
    It depends. Sometimes I give them makeover, sometimes I delete them, and sometimes I befriend and marry them to my playable sims. However I tend to delete all the ghost sims.
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Marry/Befriend them
    I marry/befriend them because I do the opposite and ignore, when it calls for it, the Townies that already come with the game.
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Delete them
    Unless they're really promising, they're getting deleted!
  • Options
    ehud8651ehud8651 Posts: 62 Member
    Marry/Befriend them
    > @Onverser said:
    > It's so much nicer to not have them and have my world populated with the sims I put in it.

I love them especially simeon
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Marry/Befriend them
    In ts3 I just delete them. I have very specific stories I like to play out in my town of choice and don't want them ruining it. In ts4 when I do play I either just ignore them or have my sims marry/befriend them.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    NellythekiddNellythekidd Posts: 251 Member
    I have mods that take care of them
    I use MCCC to use sims from my library as townies. Also, I have loads of outfits made for them with the MC dresser and the setting to only use "saved outfits" & disable situational outfits. That mod has made me happy with the townies, they don't look out of place anymore!
    Origin ID / Gallery: nellythekidd
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Other
    I use MCCC to use sims from my library as townies. Also, I have loads of outfits made for them with the MC dresser and the setting to only use "saved outfits" & disable situational outfits. That mod has made me happy with the townies, they don't look out of place anymore!

I really need to learn how to use the Dresser module to get rid of outfits I don't care for. Does it also work on hairs? I keep getting Sims with that bloomin' cat ears hair from C&D; I love the hairstyle other than the ears!
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    Marry/Befriend them
    My sims make friends with townies, invite them to clubs, gain skills and have reasons to visit places.
  • Options
    KorglyKorgly Posts: 187 Member
    Other
    mostly use them for my retail lot but, I have no beef with Townies as their mixmatched clothes and clown like makeup give a sense of realism for me.. not everyone is perfect or looks like a movie star with a sleek fasion sense, if that where the case the simverse would start to look like planet of the apes, with townies my well dressed well phisiched sims stand out in a crowd. now if the auto generated townies wound up causing my game to crash because I play on console and have no way to remove them I might try to kill them
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Give them makeovers
    Usually I give them makeovers, but if I get tired of it I’ll just delete them.
  • Options
    _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    Give them makeovers
    I usually give them makeovers (I've also been doing that for the pre-mades in my current template save project). Then I let them alone and see what develops between them and my Sims. Usually after a makeover they turn out to be not too bad; sometimes I'll place them in a lot just long enough to cheat them some skills and reward skills, and maybe an actual job, before I set them back loose into the Not In World population. Once my Sim develops a relationship with one I move him/her into a lot so my Sim has a place to visit.

☝🏻 All of the above.

I'm a console player, so I don't have the option to utilise mods or cc. I do give pre-mades makeovers and set their skills and issue reward traits to improve their quality of life and compatibility with their current or future careers. I don't like 'real world' celebrities (Baby Ariel, Millie Bobby Brown ect.) in my worlds, so I delete them. I find the pre-mades can be quite tolerable after editing them.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Other
    It depends on the save file. I have a save where all are deleted because it is my decades challenge. I usually only keep the iconic npc and delete all who do not fit my gameplay style.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited October 2020
    Delete them
    I delete them every time. Then, I create a Sims with their same name so that my newly created Sims takes their place in the game. I only want to see the Sims I've created walking around. CAS and cc for CAS is one reason I enjoy the Sims 4 so much.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Give them makeovers
    I'm surprised to see pretty even results on this poll. For some reason I thought everyone else just deleted them, but it seems to be a good mix!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Give them makeovers
    Ignore them mostly, or give them makeovers if I don't like their outfits.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif