The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disk Not Installing Properly

Sonshine77Sonshine77 Posts: 197 Member
Hi, I just completely uninstalled Sims 2 and started re-installing it. However, when I got to the Univ ep, it installed OK from both disks, but it will NOT verify. :( I can't go any further w/o the verification. Does anybody know why it won't verify?

Comments

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Have you patched your base game?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2020
    Sometimes IIRC, you have to clean the registry of all traces of the game before you can reinstall it or it may get stuck.

ETA: Follow these instructions (scroll down) to install on harddrive so you can reinstall if cleaning and or cleaning registry doesn't help. (Also includes instruction how to clean the registry of the keys at bottom of page)

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Install
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Sonshine77Sonshine77 Posts: 197 Member
    I finally just moved everything over to an older comp. It works great there!
  • YazzpYazzp Posts: 9 New Member
    I don't know how active people are, but I have the same(ish) issue kind of. I've successfully installed Sims 2 on my windows 10 pc, it works fine with no crashes or anything. I've had a new pc and I decided I wanted the EP's. I've tried to install University and I follow the instructions on screen (I also run in compatibility mode for XP). It gets to 100% no issue, but then it asks to insert Sims 2 Disk 4 so it can 'update'. Again it reaches 100% but then as I exit something like "installation unsuccessful, installation will be terminated" pops up. No error codes or anything. Could any one help me find a way around this?
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Have you got Windows 10. It doesn't like the DRM that EA used on Sims 2. It won't accept it. That's why we had the online download.
    > @Simburian said:
    > Have you got Windows 10. It doesn't like the DRM that EA used on Sims 2. It won't accept it. That's why we had the online download.

Yeah I do. (I'm assuming you're responding to me and not the op, if not oopsies). It just has an issue with installing an 'update'. Is there anyway to prevent it from needing to be updated?
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Yazzp wrote: »
    > @Simburian said:
    > Have you got Windows 10. It doesn't like the DRM that EA used on Sims 2. It won't accept it. That's why we had the online download.

Yeah I do. (I'm assuming you're responding to me and not the op, if not oopsies). It just has an issue with installing an 'update'. Is there anyway to prevent it from needing to be updated?

I'd check EA Answers as the tool on mediafire isn't there anymore. Sims VIP has Sims 2 Patches and an uninstall Securom tool but I haven't used that myself and would check it for malware first.

https://simsvip.com/sims-games/patches/
    > @Simburian said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I'd check EA Answers as the tool on mediafire isn't there anymore. Sims VIP has Sims 2 Patches and an uninstall Securom tool but I haven't used that myself and would check it for malware first.
    >
    > https://simsvip.com/sims-games/patches/

Luckily I've found The Sims Update .exe file and so far it's working. Fingers crossed ^u^