Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sim married NPC skills maxed

simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
I just had Dagmar marry one of my sims, he kept bringing her home from work so it just kinda happened. Well turns out they actually played some of the NPC characters. No wonder the game is better thought out, I also remember them saying back then that they actually studied toddlers to see how they acted for the game.
For the record, Dagmar married Bob Newbie's brother Robert Newbie, I recreated Bob and Betty with Bob's parents and a brother.

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    In TS2, NPC means Non Playable Character. Your Sims can marry townies, not NPCs. Your own Sims (if you rotate) can get married to your other Sims and may bring them home from work if they have the same jobs. Or from school. A NPC is Mrs. Crumplebottom, the Unsavory Charlatan, the Grim Reaper etc. Some so called townies should not be played, such as the gardner, the paperboy/girl, the mail carrier, the repair Sims, etc. That will cause corruption because they have incomplete data since they are really just there to fill a job.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    In TS2, NPC means Non Playable Character. Your Sims can marry townies, not NPCs. Your own Sims (if you rotate) can get married to your other Sims and may bring them home from work if they have the same jobs. Or from school. A NPC is Mrs. Crumplebottom, the Unsavory Charlatan, the Grim Reaper etc. Some so called townies should not be played, such as the gardner, the paperboy/girl, the mail carrier, the repair Sims, etc. That will cause corruption because they have incomplete data since they are really just there to fill a job.

Actually for Sims 2, NPC can refer to the service Sims.

The Prima guide for Sims 2 says the following:
    The world of The Sims 2 is full of Sims who don't live in the neighborhood. That is, they can't be found or played on any existing lot. These folks are called "Non-Player Character" Sims or "NPCs."

There are three kinds of NPC Sims:
    • Social NPCs
    • Non-Social NPCs
    • Townies

Social NPCs are the maid, bartender, etc.

Non-Social NPCs are the Grim Reaper, Social Worker, etc

Townies are like Goopy Gilscarbo and Marsha Bruenig
  • simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member

Thank you, I am just learning the difference between NPC and Townie. When I read about the corruption I looked it up to make sure she was not on the list. I hate that I cannot play Mrs. Crumplebottom, sadness lol.
    I moved them into their own house and they have a baby, the only skills that are not maxed totally are creativity and logic but those are still high.
    simplyzoe wrote: »

Thank you, I am just learning the difference between NPC and Townie. When I read about the corruption I looked it up to make sure she was not on the list. I hate that I cannot play Mrs. Crumplebottom, sadness lol.
    I moved them into their own house and they have a baby, the only skills that are not maxed totally are creativity and logic but those are still high.

Some NPC's are fine to play.

There are some NPC's that aren't.

If it helps you to remember which you can't, you can refer to the gardner, maid, etc, as townies. Just realize that many informational sites will refer to that group as NPC's and not townies.

And they are referred to as NPC's in the game as well when you are using the various boolprop testingcheat features.

But the non-social NPC's are the dangerous ones that should be avoided past what you can do without using cheats.
  • simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    simplyzoe wrote: »

Some NPC's are fine to play.

There are some NPC's that aren't.

If it helps you to remember which you can't, you can refer to the gardner, maid, etc, as townies. Just realize that many informational sites will refer to that group as NPC's and not townies.

And they are referred to as NPC's in the game as well when you are using the various boolprop testingcheat features.

But the non-social NPC's are the dangerous ones that should be avoided past what you can do without using cheats.

Thanks! I really appreciate your post
    I just sent George (teen cashier seen at all the stores) to college. His skills are maxed out, that's no fun. :/ Are all towines/NPCs skills maxed out like that? I mean teens we can send to college. I don't recall others like Ricky Cromier or some others being maxed out but wondering if they are a 'social NPC' are they all maxed out? Bummer.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • OliwkaWidmoOliwkaWidmo Posts: 45 Member
    > @Cinebar said:
    > I just sent George (teen cashier seen at all the stores) to college. His skills are maxed out, that's no fun. :/ Are all towines/NPCs skills maxed out like that? I mean teens we can send to college. I don't recall others like Ricky Cromier or some others being maxed out but wondering if they are a 'social NPC' are they all maxed out? Bummer.

Nope, definitely not all of them. I think many townies have some skills, some have none at all (the townie I had Florence Delarosa marry in my last game had no skill points at all, that was a little disappointing).
    edited October 2020
    > @Cinebar said:
    > I just sent George (teen cashier seen at all the stores) to college. His skills are maxed out, that's no fun. :/ Are all towines/NPCs skills maxed out like that? I mean teens we can send to college. I don't recall others like Ricky Cromier or some others being maxed out but wondering if they are a 'social NPC' are they all maxed out? Bummer.

Nope, definitely not all of them. I think many townies have some skills, some have none at all (the townie I had Florence Delarosa marry in my last game had no skill points at all, that was a little disappointing).

Does anyone know if paperboy/girl is maxed out etc.? I don't think I ever sent one of them to college. George has nothing to do, lol. Which I guess some would love but his classes are only two hours, his skills are full, and so I just let him do whatever and watch while at his dorm. :/ He has done made the dean's list and moved to the next. I didn't have to do any thing but send him to class. Boring so far to play an all maxed out Sim.
  • ParadiseLost131ParadiseLost131 Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="Cinebar;c-17687420"][quote="OliwkaWidmo;c-17687415"]> @Cinebar said:

Nope, definitely not all of them. I think many townies have some skills, some have none at all (the townie I had Florence Delarosa marry in my last game had no skill points at all, that was a little disappointing).[/quote]

Does anyone know if paperboy/girl is maxed out etc.? I don't think I ever sent one of them to college. George has nothing to do, lol. Which I guess some would love but his classes are only two hours, his skills are full, and so I just let him do whatever and watch while at his dorm. :/ He has done made the dean's list and moved to the next. I didn't have to do any thing but send him to class. Boring so far to play an all maxed out Sim.[/quote]

You can always use boolprop testingcheatsenabled true to drop his skill point down to give yourself a fresh start!

I had no idea about certain NPC’s causing corruption, yowch, my sun fell in love and married the maid in my current game, but maids are built for interaction I guess so glad that ended up fine! She had no skill points apart from some in cleaning.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    I believe Service Sims are given randomly generated skills when made active.
  • sims2nostalgiasims2nostalgia Posts: 5 New Member
    In regards to the game being corrupted if you make maids, gardeners, newspaper-teens etc. playable - I have very often married my sims off to maids, havea friendly nanny move in, or have a newspaper-teen join my own teen in college. I never experienced any game corruption (I think haha). And the game basically nudges you to have Katlynn Langerak to marry either Don Lothario or Daniel Pleasant, so is that really so?? :)
    In regards to the game being corrupted if you make maids, gardeners, newspaper-teens etc. playable - I have very often married my sims off to maids, havea friendly nanny move in, or have a newspaper-teen join my own teen in college. I never experienced any game corruption (I think haha). And the game basically nudges you to have Katlynn Langerak to marry either Don Lothario or Daniel Pleasant, so is that really so?? :)

Only the NPCs that you have to cheat to interact with are the problematic ones.