Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Is Your Favorite Edition of The Sims?

1234568...Next

Comments

• Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    The Sims 3
    Erja888 wrote: »
    TS 2 and TS 4 come in second as I think these games are pretty similar (TS 4 is TS 2 just with new technology).

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that! What are the features they have most in common? :sweat_smile:
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • OliwkaWidmoOliwkaWidmo Posts: 45 Member
    The Sims 2
    Since the pandemic started, I've been playing The Sims 2, The Sims 3 and The Sims 4 and I have to say The Sims 2 is my favorite. The nostalgia factor plays a big role here, but also, The Sims 3 is just too buggy and the sims themselves look too ugly. TS2 isn't perfect either, but the sims have personalities, the interactions/relationship system is amazing, which makes for some great storytelling, and there's a lot to do, so I think I'll stay entertained for a while.
  • NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member
    The Sims 3
    I love The Sims 3, its The Sims game I played decades after The original game and after asking my folks to get me a Sims game to play, and to this day I still hold high praises to The Sim 3, I just play The Sims 4 ironically now and the game is more fun with mods.
    'Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
    Quote from Isaiah 41:10
  • ehud8651ehud8651 Posts: 62 Member
    The Sims 4
    Sims 4 was my first one and I love it
  • AncientcivAncientciv Posts: 55 Member
    sims 2 for gameplay sims 4 for building
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited October 2020
    The Sims 3
    Sims 3, Played it since late 2011
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    edited October 2020
    The Sims 3
    i grew up with the sims 3. ive been playing it since 2012 and impacted my life in ways i could've never imagined and i still play it till today, imo the sims 3 is the best work the sims franchise has the offer becasue the amount of content it carries is substantial. even after 1300 hours+ of playing this game i havent delved into certain things like the into the future and pets content as much yet its truly incredible. the same could be said for the sims 4 but the packs just feel smaller to me in the sims 4 compared to the sims 3 so other thann the jobs skills and that stuff in these sims 4 packs i have seen most things although i havent exactly played with discover uni,vampires and ,magic yet but im planning to soon.
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    The Sims 2
    even though i started with the sims orginal when i got the sims 2 it was like magic. all the neat lifestages, babies, toddlers, child, teens, adults, elders. it was so exciting to be able to play multiple generations. so even though i played sims 1 1st when i got sims 2 i played it the most for many years. even way after the sims 3 was out i played it but i played 2 so much more. so the memories of 2 are so much more important to me. i remember what it was like to get each pack that came out. i admit i havent played it as much the last few years. after getting all the eps for the sims 3 and after the toddler update release came for the sims 4 ive been playing 4 the most. so even though the sims 4 is the game i choose to play the most now theres still a special place in my heart for 2.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    The Sims 3
    Since the pandemic started, I've been playing The Sims 2, The Sims 3 and The Sims 4 and I have to say The Sims 2 is my favorite. The nostalgia factor plays a big role here, but also, The Sims 3 is just too buggy and the sims themselves look too ugly. TS2 isn't perfect either, but the sims have personalities, the interactions/relationship system is amazing, which makes for some great storytelling, and there's a lot to do, so I think I'll stay entertained for a while.

I do love Sims 3 but I agree it's a nightmare to try to run :|
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I Have Multiple Favorites
    I have to go with no defined favorite.

There are things about each version that I absolutely love (and hate), there is no "perfect" Sims game version to me. I just try to enjoy each one whenever I am playing it and not focus on what it's missing from the other games. Sometimes that's difficult because you get used to how one iteration does things.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    The Sims 2
    Sims 2 was my first Sims game I ever played. I loved it, and had all the packs for it, except one, which was released at the tail end of the series and combined with other packs pretty quickly. So, I chose the game as my favorite. Without it, we wouldn't have life stages, or young adults, etc. Wants and Fears were fun, and the game threw in random events that made the game interesting. Like, staring at the sky ran the risk of your Sim getting killed by falling debris. Occults were optional, and you had to search for the supernatural creatures, and befriend them before you could have that lifestyle. There were just a lot of fun things in the game.
    I never got a chance to play the Sims, but without it we wouldn't have any of the games at all. Also, some of the packs from the Sims was kind of remade for Sims 3 and Sims 4, like the Get Famous type pack.
    I also don't hate Sims 3, not a huge fan of how the Sims look, but the gameplay was fun. I didn't play it as much, because my computer couldn't handle it for long periods of time. My packs were the base game, seasons, pets, supernatural, and some others. I didn't buy all the packs, but with what I got I was quite pleased. When I could play it it was fun too. I actually bought the packs based on my memory of the Sims 2 version, so I knew what Sims 3 packs I wanted.
    In some ways I like Sims 4 the best, but not as much as Sims 2. Sims 4 kind of makes me feel that they got the right look for the Sims, and CAS can be pretty good, but some areas kind of lack. For example, in Sims 2 we had cats, dogs, and small animals like birds and guinea pigs in the game. Sims 3 had cats, dogs, horses, and some other things. Sims 4 pets is the best when it comes to CAS, but it only has cats and dogs, and you have to buy a pack with small animals as a DLC for a DLC. I do actually enjoy Sims 4, but the game isn't as random as Sims 2, and it can be kind of bland. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the game from the expansions I have, and plan to buy any packs that interest me, but I am biased towards Sims 2.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited January 2021
    The Sims 3
    Sims 3 suits me best for when I need to tell my legacy story.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    This thread has got so long I can't remember if I commented before. I wasn't enthused about Sims 4 at the start but now I have all the packs I am enjoying it more than all the rest, which I have played since The Sims came out 20 plus years ago. They all had charm of their own.
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    The Sims 4
    Sims 1 was the start. It was good, but now I probably couldn't go back to it.

Sims 2 added a lot. I liked the aging and lifestages and the memories system. I didn't like the wants and fears or the aspiration meter. I like to do my own thing, rather than be driven by the game. Overall The Sims 2 was too hard for me. I don't find challenging games fun at all.

Sims 3 sounded good. I really liked that I could visit other Sim's homes. I also liked the colourwheel and the costomisation. But the game was so laggy and glitchy. I really liked the Pets pack and had a lot of fun with that, but the bugs ruined the entire game for me.

Sims 4 added emotions and the game runs really well. I like that the game is easy. I don't need cheats to keep up with their needs and I have time for the fun stuff in the game. My favourite packs are Island Living and Snowy Escape.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited February 2021
    The Sims 2
    Easily and hands down Sims 2.

Just about everything about that game had me sinking many hours per day into it, more often neglecting my homework and missing out on dinner some nights haha. Come home from school? With homework? Nah, put that aside and boot up that sweet Sims 2 :lol: (don't do what I did you young whippersnappers, do your homework!)

I have love (of varying degrees) for all 4 iterations, but 2 is pretty high on that bar.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    TS4, 2 & 1 are my favourites!😌
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited February 2021
    Both Sims 3 and Sims 4 have their good and bad sides. Whenever I play one, I miss some things about the other and vice verse. I may like Sims 4 just a liiittle bit more, because I love bright, colourful things and everything in Sims 3 looks kind of dull.
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    TS3 & TS4.

From TS3 I miss the open, explorable worlds (including the World Adventure ones), the playable pets, the horses (including the wild ones you could befriend), the firefighter career, the occult characters like mummies and fantasy characters.

But I'm now hooked on TS4. While it is true it lacks some features of TS3 that I loved, it has plenty of other things I like. It's a different game.
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited February 2021
    The Sims 2
    I think sims 2, sims 3 and sims 4 have different strengths. Sims 4 have potential but I still miss some great game play features from sims 2:
    *Memory system
    MTS_DiLight-1487502-6YVMaeidbFI.jpg
    *Wants/Fears
    8rwn35j5bv0z.png
    *Longtime/lifelong aspiration system
    588965-aspirationbenefits.jpg
    *Attraction system
    latest?cb=20090814010511
    Post edited by carpe_diem on
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Theres always something that a love about each one and theres always something that I dislike, the sims 1 wow what a long time ago, I was 7, this game will always have a place in my heart, the game that was different & made me fall in love with the franchise, the sims 2 I loved the chaos, the introduction of life stages and making the franchise even more new than the other, the sims 3 love this game and loved the idea of open world, but that came with more issues, the sims 4 the current I love the graphics, I love that you can create distinctive sims without downloading cc, the best cas & bb in the whole franchise, although with the sims 4 flaws, I hope they improve the base game alot before they move on as this game has the potential to be at match with its predecessors, every game has its flaws for example in the sims 2 you couldn't visit other sims houses, the cas was very limited, the sims 3 drowning in bugs that you couldn't play with all its packs, the cas was awful 2 sizes too big the clothes were, the sims 4 well it's still in development anything could happen
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    > @carpe_diem said:
    > I think sims 2, sims 3 and sims 4 have different strengths. Sims 4 have potential but I still miss some great game play features from sims 2:
    > *Memory system

*nods* the memory thing from TS2 had interesting potential, but personally I wasn't happy with it, because it would record a lot of trivial events that I didn't find relevant with the character I was playing/creating. In the end, it felt like all characters had very similar memories (they would invariably end up with more or less always the same things, just in different order), so it didn't contribute to define their personality. But it would be nice if something similar was implemented in the new game, but as a more more versatile tool (e.g. when a major event happens to a Sim, a pop up asked us if we want to save a memory of it). Then it could be something they can reminisce when rocking on the rocking chair (instead of random memories). Or that they could talk about in their interactions with other sims they are close to (for example with friends, family members, etc).

> @carpe_diem said:
    > *Wants/Fears

I liked the idea, again, but the way I played and those wants and fears were implemented, they really limited my gameplay. I think the current whims, along with the aspiration system, traits etc work better. It might be interesting to have something similar to the old "fear" element (a temporary "warning" , only in special circumstances, that they're anxious about something specific happening to them at that time, and which, if it does happen, will give them a negative moodlet: it could be anything from fear of being abducted when using the telescope if they are not a scientist/high in logic skills, to anxiety about getting a bad grade on a final at university, cooking low quality food when you are hosting a party, etc). It might make the gameplay interesting for some Simmers... although I probably wouldn't be too happy it, because to me playing TS is all about possibility and I don't like when the game limits what I can do with my characters (the fact they won't do something if tense, sad, tired, physically hurt, etc is realistic enough and more than sufficient for me).

> @carpe_diem said:
    > *Attraction system

I liked this feature, it really added realism. In a new version of the game, it might be interesting if this was developed a little further, and if for a Sim's turns-on/turns-off we could choose from a richer array of elements, whether related to the clothes/accessories another Sim is wearing (casual/formal, hat, glasses, jewelry...), physical features (hair/eye colour, beard, make-up...) but also traits, skills, career, net-worth... This would allow for a lot of personalisation.
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited February 2021
    The Sims 2
    > @carpe_diem said:
    > I think sims 2, sims 3 and sims 4 have different strengths. Sims 4 have potential but I still miss some great game play features from sims 2:
    > *Memory system

*nods* the memory thing from TS2 had interesting potential, but personally I wasn't happy with it, because it would record a lot of trivial events that I didn't find relevant with the character I was playing/creating. In the end, it felt like all characters had very similar memories (they would invariably end up with more or less always the same things, just in different order), so it didn't contribute to define their personality. But it would be nice if something similar was implemented in the new game, but as a more more versatile tool (e.g. when a major event happens to a Sim, a pop up asked us if we want to save a memory of it). Then it could be something they can reminisce when rocking on the rocking chair (instead of random memories). Or that they could talk about in their interactions with other sims they are close to (for example with friends, family members, etc).

I haven’t played sims 2 for many many years… But I remember that it was a lot of “met -sim name-/Mystery sim” memories that clogged up the memory section, and in sims 3 there was a lot of WOW I JUST VISITED the park/library/shop/museum…. (Heheh… :D ). Don´t know if it´s that you refers to?

I think your ideas are really great! And I would love if the reminisce option (rocking chair) could trigger “real” memories!
    My idea for an updates memory system is that it´s just saves (or as you suggested, give you the option to save?) the big events (had a baby/got a scholarship -and which-, divorced…etc). The sims will now remember = at random get a moodlet with the memory (eg. Simsis was born) with the same buff as back then (e.g. +1 happy). This moodlet also give the sim the interaction to “share memory” with other sims that are included in the memory (e.g. parents can share a memory of a child birth). This will make the other sims “remember” = trigger their memory moodlet.

I would also love if they could implement this with the new sentiments system. Maybe gaining: Positive / Negative / Redefined memories (Redefined memories: earlier positive memory that will change temporarily after gaining a negative sentiment = cause negative moodlets/buffs).

I did a post on the new memory system in another thread:
    MEMORY SYSTEM SIMS 4
    MTS_DiLight-1487502-6YVMaeidbFI.jpg
    *Green X = Positive memory from: Positive sentiments/events
    *Red X = Negative memory from: Negative sentiments/events
    *Yellow X = Redefined memory (earlier positive memory that has changed temporarily after gaining a negative sentiment)
    *Orange with a “!”-symbol!X = a “struggle” Life Struggles Pack
    *Golden with a “!”-symbol!X = a treated “struggle” Life Struggles Pack
    Redefined memories = sims will get a negative moodlet (tensed/sad/angry) when remembering these memories. The “redefined memories” will turn back into “positive memories” when the negative sentiment disappears.
    FROM THE “LIFE STRUGGLES PACK”: (positive/negative life/childhood points) https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/986200/life-struggles-pack-updates-sims-4-memory-system-personality-overhaul-consequeces
    *Possibility to add photos and text to a memory (scrapbooking)
    *Possibility to move/remove memories
    *No "visitied the park/shop/library" -memories (looking at you sims 3) ;)
    *Focus on bigger events instead: had a baby, got schoolarship (and which), get a promotion/demotion/job (and what career), got a best friend, became a vampire, etc...

Post edited by carpe_diem on
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    The Sims 3
    Favorite = TS3, but ONLY with NRaas mods to make it stable. Second = TS2, Third = TS1, Fourth = TS4
  • modifiedmom4891modifiedmom4891 Posts: 7 New Member
    I love being able to use my creativity the most in building. I am currently trying to download the create a world tool and having lots of issues. tried to download directly from sims website and all it does is bring up a blank box.